C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Got a C63 today! So this is what "perma-grin" feels like...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Got a C63 today! So this is what "perma-grin" feels like...

I decided to pull the trigger on a 2009 C63 AMG in Palladium. It's a CPO car with 25k miles and is in excellent shape. The only defect on the car is a small scratch on the front of the hood, but hey at least I didn't do it, so the first scratch is out of the way. Also the indicator in the drivers side mirror is full of condensation. I didn't notice that at the dealership so I'll take it in for that to be addressed.

The car has:
  • Premium Package (P02)
  • Multimedia Package
  • AMG Leather Package
  • Performance Package (LSD and 174 Limiter Only)
  • Teleaid
  • iPod Integration

Sticker was $70k.

The car has brand new PZero's on it and drives perfect. I am totally in love with this car. I live in Elk Grove, CA but had to drive to San Rafael today to trade in my LS430 and pick this bad boy up from RAB Motors (Barry did me right, so if anyone is looking for a Merc, look him up). I opted for the five year total warranty from Mercedes taking me out to 2015 or 135k miles. I got them to discount it so I figured why not.

The engine in this car is a thing of beauty. I love the instant power at any speed and a sound that is just really pleasing. I was rolling about 15 MPH down a street in manual mode with the ESP in Sport, Manual First, and hit about half throttle which resulted in both tires breaking loose and the *** of the car going sideways. So good to be back in a car that makes you feel alive. No sooner did I do that and this happened:

Damn coppers messing up my burnouts!!! Actually no, that's my ex-FBI '07 CVPI I use as a daily driver. I couldn't resist, and they almost match! It's only a matter of time before it's a real patrol car parked behind me tho!

I'm going to add the Universal Consumer Interface (UCI) to the car, and also the Multimedia Interface Plus. I'll probably get OE Tuning to give me some more ponies at some point as well. However based on the "giggle" factor of me and several of my friends at work who took a ride with me around the block, I think I'm more than satisfied for right now. It's an awesome car, and I'm glad I joined the family!

I'm going to have the rear windows tinted 20% next week, and probably change the amber reflectors up front. Besides that, no other visual mods.

I can see why people go through tires quickly, no doubt about it. I work for ALLDATA so I've been digging through the TSBs already. You have got to love the complexity of anything that originates from Germany, however this car has a great balance of everything important to put an instant smile on your face. I look forward to contributing on the forum and documenting any retrofits I do. I'm a tweaker, and have a full machine shop to satisfy my hobbies, so I can't wait to get started.

Full gallery here: CLICK ME
Old 02-23-2011, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
I know how you feel brother. Everytime I'm in the car, I have a permanent grin also. Glad you are enjoying your new toy. Been driving M with ESP Sport since 200 miles lol. Average rpms for me is 3-5k! The sound is entoxicating! Once I hit 1k miles, full throttle all day everyday! That engine bay looks pristine! Even at 25k miles! Nice grab! Oh, and welcome to the family!

Last edited by khmergod; 02-23-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Congrats man! Get off the computer and go drive it! Enjoy! lol
Old 02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Welcome to the C63 club! I hope you put aside quite a bit of money for tires and gas. Have you checked out what's going on in libya? 5 dollars a gallon, here we come. lol
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Congrats!

lol i hate people who drive cop cars or cop-looking cars.. Always ruins my fun, and I find out it's not even a cop driving.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Thanks everyone. The only thing I wish is the transmission was a little more responsive in manual mode. Otherwise I've been driving it in comfort mode. It will even spin them starting in second gear so that's the kind of comfort I like!

Originally Posted by drawde
lol i hate people who drive cop cars or cop-looking cars.. Always ruins my fun, and I find out it's not even a cop driving.
Aw come on man. I started driving CVPI's when I was testing for the CHP here in CA. After that it kind of stuck with me because I can beat on that car day in, day out - it does not break. Sometimes it's fun to drive a slow car fast, and yeah, I know it can deter fun. Sorry bout that.... for the most part.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:47 PM
JCH

2009 C63
Congratulations, I've had my black 09 C63 for 3 weeks and love it. Just had the ECU flashed last weekend and picked up another 50whp - flooring it now on the freeway is akin to a religious experience! Also have a set of Forgestar F14 wheels on order. Those mods should be enough for awhile.

Last edited by JCH; 02-23-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
unix, welcome to the fam.

Great post by the way. It's cool to see how much you love the C63. I agree, it's really an addictive car to drive.

I enjoy all three transmission modes, but you should give "Sport" a chance, it seems to have some pretty aggressive programming once the car adapts to a more "Sporty" driving manner.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
@ JCH,

Excellent pics. Love the scenery. Was that on the 10 East right past Indio?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:53 PM

2009 C63 AMG
JCH - very nice car. I'm going to wait on the tune for a while. That way when I get it, it's like a different car again. I do have a problem getting bored, but then again I've never had an AMG before.

Sonny - I know what you mean about the Sport Mode. Where I live (Elk Grove, CA), it's swarming with police. So I need to go up into the mountains and learn the car, and it can in turn learn me. I can't do that around here. I did try it out on the drive home from the Bay Area today, and it's addicting. I got 20 mpg on the 110 mile drive home, so I wasn't beating on it too badly tho. Thx for the compliment!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 PM
JCH

2009 C63
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
@ JCH,

Excellent pics. Love the scenery. Was that on the 10 East right past Indio?
No, the S22 heading east down to Borrego Springs from San Diego. Some great roads in the hills east of San Diego. One of my favorite routes is hiway 76 to 79 to S2 to S22 into Borrego Springs then S3 to 78 west and back to S2. Here's a link to my other pics and video of the C63 so far.

http://jch.smugmug.com/Cars/C63/15826759_YGSjy
Old 02-23-2011, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by unixadm
JCH - very nice car. I'm going to wait on the tune for a while. That way when I get it, it's like a different car again. I do have a problem getting bored, but then again I've never had an AMG before.

Sonny - I know what you mean about the Sport Mode. Where I live (Elk Grove, CA), it's swarming with police. So I need to go up into the mountains and learn the car, and it can in turn learn me. I can't do that around here. I did try it out on the drive home from the Bay Area today, and it's addicting. I got 20 mpg on the 110 mile drive home, so I wasn't beating on it too badly tho. Thx for the compliment!
You're welcome. I thought the picture with the unmarked car was funny.

Yeah, I hear you, I can't drive fast where I live either. There are some open and desolate roads on the outskirts of my area, so I can drive a little bit there.

Btw, if I remember correctly, I got 25.2 mpg on one freeway drive. I made a thread about it. Starting from like 22 mpg, every time the mpg display would go up ".1" I would snap a pic. So, I have like 50 pics from like 22 mpg all the way up to 25.2 haha I was surprised.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally Posted by JCH
No, the S22 heading east down to Borrego Springs from San Diego. Some great roads in the hills east of San Diego. One of my favorite routes is hiway 76 to 79 to S2 to S22 into Borrego Springs then S3 to 78 west and back to S2. Here's a link to my other pics and video of the C63 so far.

http://jch.smugmug.com/Cars/C63/15826759_YGSjy
Thanks for the clarification and also the tip on some good roads.

The mountains look very similar -- almost exactly -- like the mountains that partly surround the Coachella Valley.

I'll check out the link.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
The first pic looks like you got pulled over by an undercover cop. lol
Congrats on the car!!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
I decided to pull the trigger on a 2009 C63 AMG in Palladium. It's a CPO car with 25k miles and is in excellent shape. The only defect on the car is a small scratch on the front of the hood, but hey at least I didn't do it, so the first scratch is out of the way. Also the indicator in the drivers side mirror is full of condensation. I didn't notice that at the dealership so I'll take it in for that to be addressed.

The car has:
  • Premium Package (P02)
  • Multimedia Package
  • AMG Leather Package
  • Performance Package (LSD and 174 Limiter Only)
  • Teleaid
  • iPod Integration

Sticker was $70k.

The car has brand new PZero's on it and drives perfect. I am totally in love with this car. I live in Elk Grove, CA but had to drive to San Rafael today to trade in my LS430 and pick this bad boy up from RAB Motors (Barry did me right, so if anyone is looking for a Merc, look him up). I opted for the five year total warranty from Mercedes taking me out to 2015 or 135k miles. I got them to discount it so I figured why not.

The engine in this car is a thing of beauty. I love the instant power at any speed and a sound that is just really pleasing. I was rolling about 15 MPH down a street in manual mode with the ESP in Sport, Manual First, and hit about half throttle which resulted in both tires breaking loose and the *** of the car going sideways. So good to be back in a car that makes you feel alive. No sooner did I do that and this happened:

Damn coppers messing up my burnouts!!! Actually no, that's my ex-FBI '07 CVPI I use as a daily driver. I couldn't resist, and they almost match! It's only a matter of time before it's a real patrol car parked behind me tho!

I'm going to add the Universal Consumer Interface (UCI) to the car, and also the Multimedia Interface Plus. I'll probably get OE Tuning to give me some more ponies at some point as well. However based on the "giggle" factor of me and several of my friends at work who took a ride with me around the block, I think I'm more than satisfied for right now. It's an awesome car, and I'm glad I joined the family!

I'm going to have the rear windows tinted 20% next week, and probably change the amber reflectors up front. Besides that, no other visual mods.

I can see why people go through tires quickly, no doubt about it. I work for ALLDATA so I've been digging through the TSBs already. You have got to love the complexity of anything that originates from Germany, however this car has a great balance of everything important to put an instant smile on your face. I look forward to contributing on the forum and documenting any retrofits I do. I'm a tweaker, and have a full machine shop to satisfy my hobbies, so I can't wait to get started.

Full gallery here: CLICK ME
Congrats bud and enjoy it!

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
cek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 C63 AMG P31, '88 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe, '78 Toyota FJ40, '10 Audi Q7 TDi
Congrats! That's a damn good looking car

It is pure evil of you, however, to drive that ex-cop car. You have no how idea how frustrating it is to freak out seeing a cop car and then realize it's some civilian in a blues brothers special :-).
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Congrats man! Palladium Silver FTW!

Josh
Old 02-24-2011, 12:32 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tasho3
Congrats bud and enjoy it!

if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
I'm enjoying it! My rear tires probably are not having the best of days tho.

I paid 49.9k for the car with the CPO warranty with new tires and all of the maintenance done including a brake flush. I wanted a car with under 20k, but due to how close it was to me, and the fact it was Palladium with an LSD - I was sold. In addition I got what I wanted for my trade.

Last edited by unixadm; 02-24-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
I'm enjoying it! My rear probably are not having the best of days tho.

I paid 49.9k for the car with the CPO warranty with new tires and all of the maintenance done including a brake flush. I wanted a car with under 20k, but due to how close it was to me, and the fact it was Palladium with an LSD - I was sold. In addition I got what I wanted for my trade.
I have the same options on mine, and it is a CPO and only 15K miles and asking $51k, i just wanted to make sure mine is reasonably priced, thanks you!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:42 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by tasho3
I have the same options on mine, and it is a CPO and only 15K miles and asking $51k, i just wanted to make sure mine is reasonably priced, thanks you!
I checked out your car the other day and it's very nice. I didn't want white tho, plus shipping. I think you are right where you need to be, but some people like the convenience of trading in a vehicle and securing cheap financing at a dealership. So just keep that in mind if you don't get bites at your current price point. Just wanted to give you my two cents in shopping around. There is a 09 with the same options as mine, but 31k miles, not CPO selling at MB of Pleasonton, CA for 46k if I remember right.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Beautiful car !!

Not to rain on your parade but---- that car does not have the Performance package(wrong steering wheel, wrong disc). I hope you did get the LSD.

Last edited by jim07; 02-24-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Welcome to MBWorld & congrats on your new AMG!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 C63 Sedan
I checked out your car the other day and it's very nice. I didn't want white tho, plus shipping. I think you are right where you need to be, but some people like the convenience of trading in a vehicle and securing cheap financing at a dealership. So just keep that in mind if you don't get bites at your current price point. Just wanted to give you my two cents in shopping around. There is a 09 with the same options as mine, but 31k miles, not CPO selling at MB of Pleasonton, CA for 46k if I remember right.
Yeah i know what you mean, I'm in no rush to sell, and i'm sure the market will pick up once the weather opens up around here!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Cls500
I was thinking about getting one until I test drove a few..

Not trying to rain on your parade since I am a Benz fan as well and opinions vary

When I see one on the street they look way to boring and generic..now since I have been looking at them and test driving them

I am going to buy a CL65 or possibly a 030 black on black CLS55 which is on autotrader for under $40k .... both of these cars are the sexiest AMG's built IMO

I was stoked about getting a C63 but I feel it looks too generic..like I am driving a 300 with spoilers....EVERYBODY buys a 300 now with those damn $349 a month deals....they are everywhere!!!! Even though they could own a CLS55 or CL65 for $450 a month ....and the power is nothing compared to a CL65 or a even a CLS55.....my buddy with a 100k mile stock CL65 raced a C63 a week ago and he destroyed him as he was spinning tires to almost like 60 mph.......sorry to admit this...I test drove 3 of these cars....I am not a fan anymore ...a AMG fan but not of this car....for $45-$50k? that is crazy money when you can get a CLS55 for under $40k or a CL65 which is the top of the line King AMG for under $40k as well

My other buddy who owned the graphite C63 who had mods and was running 121 through the 1/4 just sold his to buy a 2005 CL65 locally with 76k miles------ now its my turn...I hate having a slow CLS500

Last edited by sfadchi banned; 02-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 PM

09 C63
ive got the same setup. 98 cvpi and 09 palladium. its amazing how polite people drive around you when in the popo car hehe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got a C63 today! So this is what "perma-grin" feels like...