Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'17 MB G63 AMG
New owner/member

Greetings,

New member/owner as of last weekend.

Purchased a 2011 C63 AMG, Blk/Blk, Loaded. Real car guy here. I appreciate several makes and models. Have owned several Porsches, BMWs, and American muscle in the past. This thing rocks!
I cross shopped the Audi S5, BMW M3, and the CTS-V. The MB won out b/c I crave torque over outright horsepower for American roads. I like the CTS-V, I just could not get past the "old man" stigma of the Caddy nameplate. The M3 is just a little too weak down low. The Audi is just boring, IMHO.
Initial observations: The car feels like a solid chunk of granite. Pretty impressive interior. The front seats (side bolsters) are a little tight. I will have to stop training the lats... LOL. Love the steering wheel. Will break the car in a little b/4 I mash the throttle.
It drives very leisurely when in Comfort mode. Can't wait to get on it in Sport or Manual mode. Impressive car! This might well be the first car that I will own b/4 the warranty expires.

Quick question: The manual says to get the rear axle fluid changed at 2k miles. Is this true/required? My salesman did not mention this...

Tks/Cheers,

BB
Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
You only need the rear diff fluid changed if you got the LSD. Congrats!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2018 Radical SR3, 2021 Lincoln Aviator
Welcome to the black on black club! Engine oil change and LSD oil change if you have one. That's it! Enjoy =)
Old 05-05-2011, 09:14 AM

'17 MB G63 AMG
Hmmm, not sure I have it. Is it part of the Performance pkg? I'll have to check that out this evening. I don't recall seeing it as a stand alone option...
Tks. BB
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
If you don't see the LSD as a stand alone option on your window sticker, then most likely you don't have it. If that's the case, you don't have to change the rear diff fluid at 2k miles.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Need some pics. I've never seen a C63 before so we need some pics...
Old 05-05-2011, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Need some pics. I've never seen a C63 before so we need some pics...

Welcome to the board!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:53 PM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BenDiem
Hmmm, not sure I have it. Is it part of the Performance pkg? I'll have to check that out this evening. I don't recall seeing it as a stand alone option...
Tks. BB
Well if you have the P31 performance package, than yes you do certainly have the LSD.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
Welcome to MBWorld & congrats on your C63!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 C63, '22 GLS 63, Porsches, M3, M4
Originally Posted by BenDiem
Greetings,

New member/owner as of last weekend.

Purchased a 2011 C63 AMG, Blk/Blk, Loaded. Real car guy here. I appreciate several makes and models. Have owned several Porsches, BMWs, and American muscle in the past. This thing rocks!
I cross shopped the Audi S5, BMW M3, and the CTS-V. The MB won out b/c I crave torque over outright horsepower for American roads. I like the CTS-V, I just could not get past the "old man" stigma of the Caddy nameplate. The M3 is just a little too weak down low. The Audi is just boring, IMHO.
Initial observations: The car feels like a solid chunk of granite. Pretty impressive interior. The front seats (side bolsters) are a little tight. I will have to stop training the lats... LOL. Love the steering wheel. Will break the car in a little b/4 I mash the throttle.
It drives very leisurely when in Comfort mode. Can't wait to get on it in Sport or Manual mode. Impressive car! This might well be the first car that I will own b/4 the warranty expires.

Quick question: The manual says to get the rear axle fluid changed at 2k miles. Is this true/required? My salesman did not mention this...

Tks/Cheers,

BB
Congrats on the car. I just got my C63 several weeks ago. Once you've spent more time with it, I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on how it compares with the Porsches, since the Panamera was my leading rival to the C63 when I was deciding.

Top speed depends most on horsepower, whereas acceleration depends more on torque, so I think it makes sense to pay more attention to torque.

I agree with your thoughts on the Caddy image and the somewhat boring personality of the Audi (I wasn't even motivated to test drive one). I think MB also has somewhat of an "old man" image, which is probably the main reason why the M3 far outsells the C63. I myself didn't take the C63 seriously until I drove it.

As far as the bolsters, note that you can adjust them to get a little more room. I also found them tight at first, but now I love them and sometimes deliberately tighten them. And I love the steering wheel too.

As far as the break in, I think you can use S mode sometimes, but best to take it easy with that. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 AM

'17 MB G63 AMG
^^^
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

the Panamera was my leading rival to the C63 when I was deciding.

I briefly considered the the Big P., I feel that the Big P. is just too large and bulbous. I personally like my cars to not exceed 190 inches in length, and no wider than 76 inches in width. The Big P is just too large... At the end of the day, I hate a cramped garage, and large/wide vehicles suck the life out of a garage, lol...

Top speed depends most on horsepower, whereas acceleration depends more on torque, so I think it makes sense to pay more attention to torque.

Agreed...

MB also has somewhat of an "old man" image, which is probably the main reason why the M3 far outsells the C63. I myself didn't take the C63 seriously until I drove it.

Agreed. I always preferred the M3 over a Benz b/c of the perceived "old man's" car stigma. In fact, I never considered a MB until 2008 when the C63 came out. Perfect sized sedan/rocket.

BTW, big Terp fan here...

Cheers all,

BB
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 PM

GT3
Originally Posted by PGHE350
Well if you have the P31 performance package, than yes you do certainly have the LSD.
Incorrect. It is a stand alone option. Just because he has P031 doesnt mean he has 471 LSD option.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
13 Lamborghini SL, 20 Porsche 911 (sold), 09 C63(sold), Vipers (sold)
Congrats.....you will love it!!
Old 05-06-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Congrats on the car.

You will also find that your rear tires only last 5-6K miles.

You will get warnings sometimes that your oil is low or that you need to add coolant.

You may wonder at times what the normal operating temps are for the oil and water in the car. That is all available on here via search. There is lots of helpful stuff in here.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Welcome to MBW