C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Evosport (advice needed)

Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by KEMA
Evosport has never refuted or otherwise claimed there were any kind of conflict or misunderstanding with this transaction.

They sent me a sales invoice which I paid 7 months ago and since then all I've received from their end is a host of excuses why the Pulley was not delivered and later why the funds were not returned. A few examples:

Our latest batch of pulleys did not make it through quality control.
I've been sick
We have been moving to a new location
We lost your bank details
Your return was submitted but unfortunately there were not any money on the account (yes really)
Will be processed this week (3 months ago)
Etc etc etc.

Ken
Wow - some real doosies in there. Scary stuff... and, frustrating from your end. Been in a similar situation with a different company (not on here), but had excellent communication from the vendor (made all the difference, frankly) and was made whole in the end. Hope you achieve a similar result, KEMA.

Thanks for all the advice and support guys. I will hand this over to a lawyer tomorrow.

If anyone knows or has experience with a decent lawyer in CA please send me a PM.

Ken
You may want to avoid Todd B. Serota, Esquire. Otherwise, can't give you much guidance - but I'm confident you can find and obtain excellent counsel in the Golden State.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
You may want to avoid Todd B. Serota..
Although Mr. Serota’s renowned firm is located literally a mile from here (no personal dealings),
there is likely other competent plaintiff counsel available for situations such as KEMA’s.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
IBEMTTDOTFOTE.....

In before Evosport makes this thread dissapear off the face of the earth.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
IBEMTTDOTFOTE.....

lol
Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
IBEMTTDOTFOTE.....

The other Moderators and I may have been a bit too obtuse with previous contributions in this (and other) threads.

evosport’s principals can no longer close, moderate, or otherwise edit posts on MBW except their own.
Is that clear enough?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Where is the member C63DUDE (not C63NEWDUDE which is me). I thought he swears up and down Evosports products and also worked for them? It might be worth a try contacting him to give you his opinion but again, I am not trying to get more people involved.

Last edited by C63newdude; 05-22-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 AM

2006 E55
Yes this is 'only' a USD1300 transaction all inclusive and I could walk away from this disappointment and sign it up to me being too naive and pre paying for a product but pride dictates otherwise.

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and/or hand the case over to a lawyer in CA to give it a go? Walk away? The time I've spent on this in the last 6 months far outweighs the value of this transaction.

Ken
Thanks for all the advice and support guys. I will hand this over to a lawyer tomorrow.

If anyone knows or has experience with a decent lawyer in CA please send me a PM.

Ken
No California attorney is going to take on a $1,300 claim. That is a "small claims" case in California. If you sue them in California in the small claims court YOU personally must file the paperwork as the party claiming damage.

A threatening letter alone is going to cost you $600!!

Trust me.....been down this road before. Chalk it up and next time pay with a credit card.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Sounds like this could be one for Judge Judy!...and Officer Bird

Last edited by Maverick1975; 05-23-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Just file it on small claims, and wait on it. Better than nothing.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 AM

AMG
Can't Evosport reply to this post ?? I'm sure they will loose plenty of business if they can't have answers...... which is def. the case..
Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM

C63 AMG
Call the local sheriff of the county where evosport is also call the local newspaper and tv station. Provide the troubleshooter with copies your emails.

The tv/news will probably pickup your story and in many places what happened to you is fraud or other types of theft or failure to deliver goods.

Your best bet will in the end make this criminal instead of civil if you don't get anywhere.

I am so tired of hearing this same
Story on so many autosites/forums about this company and others like it.

I call them daddy's moneys companies.

If this was just a person it would be hard but if it is a company you may get somewhere with local law enforcement.

The damage to evosports brand is already done and nonamount of attempting to clean the Internet will hide their dealings. From accusations of charging and not shipping, distributors listing delinquency on business credit reports the truth is the truth.

Stop ripping people off. Why did it take everyone so Lon to get rotors and why did they only start to ship after new terms were made with distributors why did it take jalopnik to show the great lengths the company was going thru to silence anyone not towing the company line.

And yes my good buddy had to wait almost 8 months for rotors and got the run around almost weekly
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM

2009 C63, 2500HD, OlllO Rubicon
Wow! I was about to pull the trigger on some rotors as well. I'm glad you spoke up.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by splinter
The other Moderators and I may have been a bit too obtuse with previous contributions in this (and other) threads.

evosport’s principals can no longer close, moderate, or otherwise edit posts on MBW except their own.
Is that clear enough?
Mr bob also? He's involved with evosport also right?
Old 05-23-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Audi A5 Sportback + Cannondale Prophet
Originally Posted by dodger63
Mr bob also? He's involved with evosport also right?
If you mean MB-Bob, one of the admins here, then no, he has no involvement in Evosport. I know that's a rumour that someone started quite irresponsibly, so I'm glad you asked. If you mean some other Mr. Bob, I've no idea.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Euro Cars Only
I remember your last thread abt this matter & also remember Evosport coming in to defend themselves. If you still haven't received your product/money at this point I would simply contact a lawyer and have him take it to the next step.

I know I will never be purchasing from them...
Old 05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig

Ken

Dont even bother with a lawyer. Go to the courthouse and file a small claims case against Evosport. You can easily represent yourself in this case. Bring all the paperwork you have on the transaction on the court date. You will win no problem.

Last edited by propain; 05-23-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 AM

2006 SLK 200 R171
Well I think this thread is VERY useful because I'm sure it will warn many potential customers off from buying anything from a retail who operates with that level of incompetence! They are very foolish- as word of mouth publicity can make or break a retailer... especially with the power of social media. I for one will certainly not be buying anything from them based on this!

Here in the UK we have a great thing called "Small Claims Court" which allows people to recover cash up to a max of £3,000 without going through all the bureaucracy and paperwork... Perhaps you have something similar that you can try? Alternatively can you take your story to a consumer- affairs organisation, a governing body or the press? We have a number of consumer affairs shows on local and national TV & radio who take up such cases, confront those involved and highlight the story to a wide audience. Often this is enough to force the [retailer] to cough up the cash based on huge negative publicity.
Keep us informed on your progress.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by Nola
If you mean MB-Bob, one of the admins here, then no, he has no involvement in Evosport. I know that's a rumour that someone started quite irresponsibly, so I'm glad you asked. If you mean some other Mr. Bob, I've no idea.
I'm sorry mb bob.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by julsM
word of mouth publicity can make or break a retailer... especially with the power of social media.
Absolutely, and the effect is not symmetrical because on time delivery can only be a source of dis-satisfaction (as in it only takes a handful of late deliveries to change perception, and a track record of on time deliveries suddenly doesn't count anymore). Sometimes it is unfair for the business but that's how it is.

Looked at from another point of view, it is also difficult to know the outlier from the trend when one is not involved... how many satisfied customers with on time delivery there are in comparison to those not satisfied. 95% is sort of the minimum level for any serious business on a macro level. Although the 5% can be very vocal and distracting, you have the weight of your operation to help you sail through. Unless you have a highly desirable product where demand greatly exceeds supply... then consumers will literally camp out for days waiting for your back ordered product.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

I'm sorry mb bob.
OK, so no, MB-Bob not involved with Evosport.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
If it's some products scattered over time, but in this case it's all the products over a small period of time showing that its more then your thoughts,

Absolutely, and the effect is not symmetrical because on time delivery can only be a source of dis-satisfaction (as in it only takes a handful of late deliveries to change perception, and a track record of on time deliveries suddenly doesn't count anymore). Sometimes it is unfair for the business but that's how it is.

Looked at from another point of view, it is also difficult to know the outlier from the trend when one is not involved... how many satisfied customers with on time delivery there are in comparison to those not satisfied. 95% is sort of the minimum level for any serious business on a macro level. Although the 5% can be very vocal and distracting, you have the weight of your operation to help you sail through. Unless you have a highly desirable product where demand greatly exceeds supply... then consumers will literally camp out for days waiting for your back ordered product.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

If it's some products scattered over time, but in this case it's all the products over a small period of time showing that its more then your thoughts,
Could be. Caveat Emptor because the same goes for hyping up a company.

For instance, last week I was shopping for holiday resort in Turkey and greece... Tripadvisor has a great ratings tool for individual hotels, but you really need to read up to get a clear picture. Is the holiday from hell only from summer 2009 or is it sustained? Are the comments I see in line with the expectations I would have? Is that hotel with 20 great reviews out of 22 total really better than one with 20 lousy reviews out of hundreds?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:37 AM

2006 SLK 200 R171
Indeed Nola... it can be very harsh on the business, which is why they need to be very fussy about their customer care, now more than ever before... If you're buying something online (like on eBay) if the seller doesn't have 100% positive feedback- you never read the positive ones, but always check the negative ones...
If there is a slight delay in delivery and the retailer apologises, you can understand if it's a one-off... and although inconvenient perhaps, you're probably not going to make too big a deal about it. However, in this case- to pay US$1,300 for an item and then wait 8 months with no refund and no product, I think is completely inexcusable!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Could be. Caveat Emptor because the same goes for hyping up a company.

For instance, last week I was shopping for holiday resort in Turkey and greece... Tripadvisor has a great ratings tool for individual hotels, but you really need to read up to get a clear picture. Is the holiday from hell only from summer 2009 or is it sustained? Are the comments I see in line with the expectations I would have? Is that hotel with 20 great reviews out of 22 total really better than one with 20 lousy reviews out of hundreds?
There are nice hotels in Greece? If evosport can't supply products in a timely matter they shouldn't lie about it or continue taking orders IMO if there is a big back order.. A small deposit should be pleanty to get you on the 4-6 month wait list then as the product becomes availible then contact the customer and ask for full payment.. But thats besides the point now I revived my products in full after waiting for 4 months and just being told b/s the whole time so I actually am 1 of the many dissatisfied customers! Anyway enjoy the thread and please anyone doing business with evosport expect delays and only put a small deposit so losing it won't hurt..
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by julsM
to pay US$1,300 for an item and then wait 8 months with no refund and no product, I think is completely inexcusable!
...and a bunch of excuses. I agree, not acceptable. Would I write down an entire operation as a 3rd party? Not so sure. I wouldn't even know where a pulley goes in my car (not into modding you see), but I would try to extract the first hand accounts from the hecklers, haters and fanboys.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evosport (advice needed)