Sponsored by:

C63 AMG got appraised today HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 amg
C63 AMG got appraised today HELP!!!!

HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE CAPS. MY IPHONE IS REALLY MESSED UP ANYWAY IM LEAVING THE COUNTRY IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND IS SELLING PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING I OWN AND MY AMG IS ONE OF THEM I KNOW THE BEST WAY OF SELLING YOUR CAR IS ON A FORUM OR PRIVATE DEALER BUT TIME ISNT ON MY SIDE SO IM GOING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH EITHER A MB DEALERSHIP OR CARMAX AUTOTRADER AND PLACES LIKE THAT ANYWAY I WENT TO A MB DEALER THE SALES CONSULTANT BASICALLY TOLD ME WE'RE GOING TO LOW BALL YOU LIKE CRAZY SO HE SUGGESTED ME TO GO TO CARMAX WHICH PEOPLE GET PRETTY AMOUNT OF THEIR VEHICLES SO I WENT AND GOT AN APPRAISAL WHICH WAS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE I GOT AN OFFER FOR 37K MY C63 ONLY HAS 12K MILES ON IT NOT ORIGINAL HOOD BUT IT WASNT AN ACCIDENT I JUST GOT A BIG DENT ON IT MONTHS AGO AND MY REAR WHEELS ARE BRAND NEW CAR IS CLEAN LIKE BRAND NEW AND A MINOR SCRATCH THATS IT....SO MY QUESTION IS THAT SHOULD I EVEN GO BACK TO MB SINCE FLETCHER JONES OFFER ME 47 BUT KNOWING THEM THEYLL PROBABLY ADD ON ALL THESE SURCHARGES.....AND IM STILL FINANCING MY CAR AND GOT 10 THOUSANDS LEFT TO GO SO ANY TYPE OF HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED SORRY AGAIN FOR THE GRAMMAR AND NO PUNCUATATION HAHA FOR I CANT REALLY TYPE WITH MY IPHONE ALL MESS UP THANK YOU GUYSS!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
I can just say from my experience with Carmax, I had them appraise my previous vehicle.

They offered me $23K. I sold it on trade in for $32K, but I could have easily fetched $33-34K if I would have waited another couple weeks to sell.

I will never go to Carmax again. I seriously considered returning to Carmax after I sold my car on trade to show them how low their offer was. They really acted unrealistic with me. And I wouldn't trust them unless I had no choice.

If you're in a hurry to sell, then just accept the highest amount you are offered.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM

c63 amg
Sonnyakapig

HEY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SONNY I WAAS JUST WONDERING IS THIS AN AMG AS WELL OF ANOTHER VEHICLE ? IF IT IS HOW MANY MILES DID YOU HAVE ON IT AND DO YOU THINK MB DEALERSHIP WILL OFFER ME A BETTER PRICE SINCE FLETCHER JONES SAID 45-47 BUT I KNOW BEING REALISTIC THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM

c63, 11 e350 (DD)
Maybe if you post the year, color and your location, someone here might be interested.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by stangxs
Maybe if you post the year, color and your location, someone here might be interested.
and options... and how bad the accident damage was... ect...

If it was a bad accident you could be close... maybe 5K more.

I sold my 2009 with 12K miles for 50K to the dealership.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:33 PM

c63 amg
-PROPAIN

REALLY 50? DANG THATS REALLY GOOD WELL ITS A BLACK ON BLACK FULLY LOADED THE DAMAGE WAS JUST A DENT IT DIDNT DO NOTHING TO THE ENGINE ONLY COSMETIC MY CHECK UP WAS OUTSTANDING SO IT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM AND THE OTHER THING IS THAT THEYLL HAVE TO GET NEW FRONT TIRES....OTHER THAN THAT IM SET ITS PRETTY LOW MILEAGE IF ITS 50K FOR WHAT PROPAIN SAID I MIGHT AS WELL GO BACK TO MB DEALERSHIP I WONDER WHY THEY WOULD TELL ME TO GO CARMAX IN THE FIRST PLACE WITHOUT SEEING MY CAR WEIRD
Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63
Forum Etiquettes

Don’t type in all capital letters!!!

Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!). If you take away nothing from this ‘how-to’ other than knowing that typing in “caps” is widely despised on the Internet, consider it time well spent.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by arctichaze
Forum Etiquettes

Don’t type in all capital letters!!!

Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!). If you take away nothing from this ‘how-to’ other than knowing that typing in “caps” is widely despised on the Internet, consider it time well spent.
It also makes me want my click back...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:59 PM

c63 amg
MY BAD

THATS WHY I STATE IN THE BEGINNING MY PHONE IS ALL MESSED UP SO I CANT HELP ME SORRY IF I RUB YOU OFF IN THE WRONG WAY
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by dingdong1234
THATS WHY I STATE IN THE BEGINNING MY PHONE IS ALL MESSED UP SO I CANT HELP ME SORRY IF I RUB YOU OFF IN THE WRONG WAY
I kind of like seeing "RUB YOU OFF" in all caps like that.

I've sold cars to CarMax for well over blue book value, and others they super low balled me and I ended up selling private party or to another dealership.

Shop around at some other Mercedes dealers, sounds like you are in the Southern California area - there are like 20 dealerships out here.

Good luck.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:49 PM

08 C63
Damn I would've given you 44k cash if I had seen this a month ago before I bought mine. Carmax sucks, i'd go elsewhere
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 C55
RUB YOU OFF IN THE WRONG WAY

Ahem...it is difficult to compare trade-in values because someone might get a high trade in and then get completely screwed on the car they are purchasing, or financing, etc. The dealership told you to go to Carmax because in most cases they will offer you more. Plus, you can trade to Carmax and not purchase another vehicle. Dealers make their money from selling cars, not buying them back.

Bottom line: get others offers and sell the car to whoever offers you the most money. While you have time, it would be wise to put the car up for sale online, private party will pay more than trade-in.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:20 AM

How did you manage to get the title correct?

If indeed you are stuck in caps, how is it that your title is NOT all in caps
So I call Bullsh#t
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by propain
and options... and how bad the accident damage was... ect...

If it was a bad accident you could be close... maybe 5K more.

I sold my 2009 with 12K miles for 50K to the dealership.
So I bought my 2009 with 9k from a dealer for 52K so the mark up seems about right.