C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:39 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by propain
I don't remember seeing your dyno chart of 650whp. Did you post it?
You also have a Black Series. Does the BS have the same tranny as the C63?
A trip to the parts department would answer that question. All I know is that the shifts are much firmer in a Black Series compared to a C63. Since the differential and axle is built much stronger, the transmission might have been upgraded as well.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
A trip to the parts department would answer that question. All I know is that the shifts are much firmer in a Black Series compared to a C63. Since the differential and axle is built much stronger, the transmission might have been upgraded as well.
A trip for who? LOL

Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Im sure JRCART knows.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
A trip for who? LOL

Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Im sure JRCART knows.
LOL is right ..... you want to know, you make the trip ..... I doubt his transmission was ever out of the car, let alone taken apart.

Why do you care so much? According to you on the "other forum", you can afford 100 superchargers ...... one blown transmission shouldn't concern you at all
Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
LOL is right ..... you want to know, you make the trip ..... I doubt his transmission was ever out of the car, let alone taken apart.

Why do you care so much? According to you on the "other forum", you can afford 100 superchargers ...... one blown transmission shouldn't concern you at all
Yeah, thanks for the worthless reply then. You own the car and you dont even know if you have a different tranny.

What a douche.

Last edited by propain; 08-11-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Yeah, thanks for the worthless reply then.

What a douche.
I'm the douche? You make douchey statements on public forums .... like making 2 million dollars a year is not that much in one thread, but in another thread you're saying it's all about low payments when buying a C63? I could go on and on ....
Old 08-11-2011, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
I'm the douche? You make douchey statements on public forums .... like making 2 million dollars a year is not that much in one thread, but in another thread you're saying it's all about low payments when buying a C63? I could go on and on ....
Yes, you are the douche. It was a simple question.

Out of context as well with my reply. 2 million isn't a lot of money AFTER TAX and split between two salaries. Yup, low payments means more money for me. Its called being smart with your money and then you make MORE money. You can look up my many lease vs buy debates as well.

Funny how Jim, the person with the C63 that everyone is making fun of in this thread, gets that. He is very wealthy. He could buy 7000 of these SC's tomorrow in cash. Just because you have money doesn't mean you **** it away. Simple concept. **** away your money and you wont have any. Sorry it escapes you.

But it seems you agreed in the very same post and now you want to call me out on saying it????? https://mbworld.org/forums/4788152-post45.html

Last edited by propain; 08-11-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Yes, you are the douche. Must be LZH or his twin brother. What is it with the CLK Black Series owners. Do you have to sign a waiver that you are a complete ahole to own one?
Don't get all emotional ..... you sound like a girl now .... hey, why don't you find out yourself? It only takes one more trip to the dealer when you sign the contract for a C63 Black Series.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
Don't get all emotional ..... you sound like a girl now .... hey, why don't you find out yourself? It only takes one more trip to the dealer when you sign the contract for a C63 Black Series.
Ive stated in endless threads that the C63 Black Series is not worth the money. Your exclusive CLK63 BS fetches less money than a mass produced 2008 M6 with the same miles on it. There are also far better choices if you are looking for a track car.

I edited my above post, try to come up with a reply that has a little less troll in it on your next reply.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Ive stated in endless threads that the C63 Black Series is not worth the money. Your exclusive CLK63 BS fetches less money than a mass produced 2008 M6 with the same miles on it. There are also far better choices if you are looking for a track car.

I edited my above post, try to come up with a reply that has a little less troll in it on your next reply.
Where did I say anything about the exclusiveness of my CLK? Please, do point out where I said that. Like I said, don't get emotional

BTW, you must have forgotten, but I own one of those mass produced M6's as well. Since you brought up the M6, remember when you claimed that you started walking on one above 120 mph? I was the one who questioned that .... not because I wanted to be a smart *** like you, but because I can speak of first hand experience.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
Where did I say anything about the exclusiveness of my CLK? Please, do point out where I said that. Like I said, don't get emotional

Not emotional at all. It seems YOU have the axe to grind. I find it funny how a simple question about the CLK63 BS tranny got your panties in a bunch so quickly that you started quoting me from this forum and another. Maybe you should take your own advice.

BTW, you must have forgotten, but I own one of those mass produced M6's as well. Since you brought up the M6, remember when you claimed that you started walking on one above 120 mph? I was the one who questioned that .... not because I wanted to be a smart *** like you, but because I can speak of first hand experience.

I really don't keep track of people and the other cars they own. I did walk one above 120. A stock M6 all day. It took a modded M6 with Rpi Ram Air Kit & RPI Full GT Exhaust to pull on my tune only C63 beyond 120. But up until 120 I STILL had him.

I also posted a better time at ATCO in our last track rental than a modded M6. Best he had was 11.9 I believe and mine was an 11.7 in +1200 DA

What experience do you have? I mean other than your BS in BS?

How am I a smart ***? Because I call out someone like you for being a douche? Then so be it, I'm a smart ***.
Here ya go Mr know it all M6 owner. He didnt pass me until 135.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_-bDVVKgc

Last edited by propain; 08-11-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jspAMG
Could we get back to hating me or liking the car and not fighting with each other?

I came back in to give my thoughts on the car today after driving it this afternoon. But it seems emotions are still high.

Also, for the record: while it's conceivable I could buy 7000 superchargers, who keeps that kind of liquidity? The longer term fate of the car is up in the air at the moment.

If people want some impressions, I'll check in tomorrow.

Welcome back Jim. Emotions are fine. I asked a simple question about the Black Series tranny and SMP didn't seem to like that.

The 7000 was being sarcastic. I Look forward to your impressions. Why up in the air? They met your expectations and beyond.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:15 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Here ya go Mr know it all M6 owner. He didnt pass me until 135.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_-bDVVKgc
No axe to grind, where did you get that idea? Are you serious? I replied to your question, that's it.

Not sure why you posted that video, it clearly shows that he walked you .... anyway, you brought up the M6, not me.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by SMP
No axe to grind, where did you get that idea? Are you serious? I replied to your question, that's it.

Not sure why you posted that video, it clearly shows that he walked you .... anyway, you brought up the M6, not me.
He walked me? Clearly the definition escapes you. Sorry you missed the point though.

Yes, an axe to grind. I posted a simple question about the BS tranny and you told me to go to a parts shop? LOL Then told me that I asked the question so I should go find out. I thought I was trying to find out?

Then when being called out on your douche reply you start spouting off about things I said in an argument on another forum and an out of context statement on this forum? Then I bring up the M6 and you recall some post I made 1 year ago? Nahhh.. You don't have an axe to grind with me at all. You are just my little fanboy I guess.

Can we get back to you not knowing about the tranny in your car and let Jim post his results? Ill go to the parts store tomorrow unless someone with a bit of knowledge on the car you own chimes in and gives me the answer.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
The C63 transmission is a 722.907 and so is the CLK63BS. However at a quick glance it seems some of the parts are different inside. Based on part numbers... The C63 has a Planetary Carrier part number of A2212701243. Where as the CLK63BS has a Planetary Carrier part number of A2202701643. Yet both C63 share the same oiling ring sets. With a part number for both C63 and CLK63BS of A7222700038

I suppose I could go though every last item on both transmissions to see what is really differant. That might take a long time though. As there's so many parts to these 7speed transmissions. It might be worth the time for someone to do that, if they wanted to have a basically the trans of a CLK63BS.

if the CLK63BS is stronger and it was only a few pieces you needed. It might be worth doing
Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Welcome back Jim. Emotions are fine. I asked a simple question about the Black Series tranny and SMP didn't seem to like that.

The 7000 was being sarcastic. I Look forward to your impressions. Why up in the air? They met your expectations and beyond.
1st, the tranny seems to hold the power fine. I don't know how it would do with it for extended periods. At some point the car will possibly getting extra cooling. There are a lot of "possiblies" related to the car because it has turned into a tax project even more than a build project. Not really due to the car itself but due to overall taxes in general. Its not complicated but I don't want to get into the reasons this is true and frankly, I don't understand the reasons that it will be a topic of discussion in two more quarters. CPAs get paid to do what they do. If you are going to pay someone for advice, you should listen to it.

Now onto impressions.

The car might be undriveable. More on this later.

There is instantaneous torque. At 30 just the slightest jump on the throttle sends the car into a fishtail. People in other lanes nearby start to cry from the sound. The radio is now useless. The tires will be gone in a handful of weeks. Acceleration on fresh asphalt is unobtainable in normal terms. Simply put, the rear end is a hockey puck on ice. This is all with stock 18s. 315s may not be enough to make it civil. It is so much more explosive than my 996TT with larger turbos that it is not comparable. Part of this is because the P-Car has all wheel drive. I am beginning to appreciate this much more now.

Full throttle acceleration from highway speeds is instantaneous and brutal. It takes maybe 25% throttle to equal OE full throttle performance. Then the car downshifts and you start to notice colors of surrounding objects change as you near the speed of light. The sound is like being in a subway tunnel even though the windows are up. What appeared to be a mile of empty roadway disappears and you are left with trying to decelerate in the 1/4 mile you left yourself. A drag shoot would be nice. My comment on returning to ACG was simply. "Order better brakes".

Now, why might the car be undriveable.

Of course in the normal sense it is not. But the ability to make quick lane changes in traffic involving acceleration are now immensely more complicated. Before when going from a stop in the slow lane to 30 in the left lane in city driving was just a matter of blipping the throttle to half and then backing off. This is now a decision you have to weigh carefully and consult your insurance agency. The car cannot be blipped anymore. The results are instantaneous and involve getting thrown back in the seat while dealing with the aforementioned fishtailing while changing lanes and trying to get back down to surface street speeds.

Its going to take some time to learn how to drive all over again.

Jim
Old 08-11-2011, 11:40 PM

BENZO
holy crap

Could we get back to hating me or liking the car and not fighting with each other?

I came back in to give my thoughts on the car today after driving it this afternoon. But it seems emotions are still high.

Also, for the record: while it's conceivable I could buy 7000 superchargers, who keeps that kind of liquidity? The longer term fate of the car is up in the air at the moment.

If people want some impressions, I'll check in tomorrow.
still looney as ever, dude it is a car, fate is not in play, you sound so dramatic. Do you not get enough attention managing your stash and multitude of minions? Seriously this thread started out awesome, very cool to see everything that was being done and how it was done. Stop trying to ruin the livelihood of good people.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
The C63 transmission is a 722.907 and so is the CLK63BS. However at a quick glance it seems some of the parts are different inside. Based on part numbers... The C63 has a Planetary Carrier part number of A2212701243. Where as the CLK63BS has a Planetary Carrier part number of A2202701643. Yet both C63 share the same oiling ring sets. With a part number for both C63 and CLK63BS of A7222700038

I suppose I could go though every last item on both transmissions to see what is really differant. That might take a long time though. As there's so many parts to these 7speed transmissions. It might be worth the time for someone to do that, if they wanted to have a basically the trans of a CLK63BS.

if the CLK63BS is stronger and it was only a few pieces you needed. It might be worth doing
Is it possible that the part numbers are actually the same but changed to a different number to reflect a secondary supplier so that they can maintain traceability as required?

I know BMW will do this sometimes. I have no idea about MB.

Jim
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports

Thank you sir. So a slush box just like the C63 then. I thought it might have had the DCT. The tranny cooler is different as well? Why do you think the CLK's tranny does not go into limp mode on the track when the C63's does? Cooling only? Do you think those extra parts give it the ability to adsorb more power?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 PM

BENZO
school

Public school I'm guessing?

I have no issues with Weistec or ACG at this time. I think in retrospect that they would both agree that the car was a more complicated project than either thought when I got frustrated.

If you have problems with me, why don't you move along? There are other threads you can spend your time in.

Jim
what be school?

ps-that was a really good one!!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
1st, the tranny seems to hold the power fine. I don't know how it would do with it for extended periods. At some point the car will possibly getting extra cooling. There are a lot of "possiblies" related to the car because it has turned into a tax project even more than a build project. Not really due to the car itself but due to overall taxes in general. Its not complicated but I don't want to get into the reasons this is true and frankly, I don't understand the reasons that it will be a topic of discussion in two more quarters. CPAs get paid to do what they do. If you are going to pay someone for advice, you should listen to it.

Now onto impressions.

The car might be undriveable. More on this later.

There is instantaneous torque. At 30 just the slightest jump on the throttle sends the car into a fishtail. People in other lanes nearby start to cry from the sound. The radio is now useless. The tires will be gone in a handful of weeks. Acceleration on fresh asphalt is unobtainable in normal terms. Simply put, the rear end is a hockey puck on ice. This is all with stock 18s. 315s may not be enough to make it civil. It is so much more explosive than my 996TT with larger turbos that it is not comparable. Part of this is because the P-Car has all wheel drive. I am beginning to appreciate this much more now.

Full throttle acceleration from highway speeds is instantaneous and brutal. It takes maybe 25% throttle to equal OE full throttle performance. Then the car downshifts and you start to notice colors of surrounding objects change as you near the speed of light. The sound is like being in a subway tunnel even though the windows are up. What appeared to be a mile of empty roadway disappears and you are left with trying to decelerate in the 1/4 mile you left yourself. A drag shoot would be nice. My comment on returning to ACG was simply. "Order better brakes".

Now, why might the car be undriveable.

Of course in the normal sense it is not. But the ability to make quick lane changes in traffic involving acceleration are now immensely more complicated. Before when going from a stop in the slow lane to 30 in the left lane in city driving was just a matter of blipping the throttle to half and then backing off. This is now a decision you have to weigh carefully and consult your insurance agency. The car cannot be blipped anymore. The results are instantaneous and involve getting thrown back in the seat while dealing with the aforementioned fishtailing while changing lanes and trying to get back down to surface street speeds.

Its going to take some time to learn how to drive all over again.

Jim
Sounds scary an amazing! Exactly what I would expect from that amount of power to the rear wheels!! Very nice.

Sounds like you should run Drag Radials full time and hope it doesn't rain!

As far as the blipping goes I completely understand. The C63 even in a tune only form with our tranny makes things interesting in lane changes when just a bit to much throttle can kick the tranny down a bit to far and you scream past the car ahead of you at full throttle.

Now with even more power I would stick to M mode to keep it manageable and in control if I were you.

Please please please try to make a video. I would love to get a glimpse of what its like.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 PM

Please please please try to make a video. I would love to get a glimpse of what its like.
Its scary in a good way.

I hadn't thought about the manual mode. That's a very good idea.

I would be happy to let someone take a video. I honestly would not want to do this while driving it myself. Not yet.

The car is going to the body shop on Monday to get the front and rear wide body work done. I'll be on vacation starting Monday and will not return until at least the 25th. I could be gone twice that long. Its difficult to say. I once went to China for vacation and stayed 2 years and came home with a wife. I'm taking her with me on this vacation so hopefully I won't come back with anything more interesting than a sunburn and a nice shell collection.

Jim
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Is it possible that the part numbers are actually the same but changed to a different number to reflect a secondary supplier so that they can maintain traceability as required?

I know BMW will do this sometimes. I have no idea about MB.

Jim

I deal with a lot of parts, and have good friends that work at the parts desk at the local MB dealer. I also use EPCnet (its the same program Mercedes part Dpt uses) With that said, They dont really use multiple part numbers unless the part is different. If they have an update on a part that calls for a new number. There will be a note left in the data base for that part. you will see the updated part number when you click on the old part.

If Mercedes gives it, its own part number i suspect its a different part.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Its scary in a good way.

I hadn't thought about the manual mode. That's a very good idea.

I would be happy to let someone take a video. I honestly would not want to do this while driving it myself. Not yet.

The car is going to the body shop on Monday to get the front and rear wide body work done. I'll be on vacation starting Monday and will not return until at least the 25th. I could be gone twice that long. Its difficult to say. I once went to China for vacation and stayed 2 years and came home with a wife. I'm taking her with me on this vacation so hopefully I won't come back with anything more interesting than a sunburn and a nice shell collection.

Jim

I meant in a good way! I have driven cars with that much power and there is nothing like it!

I have one word about the video. GoPro. http://gopro.com/ A small investment. It has a suction cup that you can put right on the sun roof and it would be completely hands free.

Looks like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9nOEIVvZQ

Enjoy the vacation. Try not to work while you are there. Yes, if you want to come back alive stick to the sun burn! While you are there if you find a really cool authentic (Not tourist crap) buddha statue please buy it. I will be happy to pay you for your trouble if you can ship to me when you get back! Edit: Sorry.. thought the vaca was to China! LOL. Never mind!

Last edited by propain; 08-12-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I haven't looked yet but I will. The SLS has its own trans cooler complete with pump. Really it is an intercooler pump. I know the part number to the cooling pump on the SLS used in the transmission. I plan on using it for on supercharger intercooler pump. it flows a nice 10.56 GPM. I'll look into it right now. If this thread gets to involved about transmissions, I will just start a new thread with my findings.

Edit: The SLS is a DCT

Last edited by MBH motorsports; 08-12-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:02 AM

I have a standing offer to Weistec to let them borrow the car during any breaks in the build and take the car to the dragstrip. People can take videos in the car too if they would like. I don't suggest that they spend any time looking at the tach/speedo. Empty pavement seriously disappears remarkably fast. I have no doubt that its a mid-10 second car and might get to 10.4 with race gas and cool weather. It would need some seriously upgraded tires though.

For Pacific NW Guy, I also am trying very hard not to damage anyone's livelihood. In fact, I told them that nothing with the car itself was in anyway either their or ACGs fault. My quibble was scheduling. I told them to bill me full boat for their time, materials and dyno time. They gave ACG a bill and I paid everything ahead again today. Their time is valuable and I paid them what they asked without even looking at the details of the invoice. I believe they are good people, I didn't question anything.

Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.90 average.

Quick Reply: ACG Build: C63 Weistec Stage 2