Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by noodleman
the quote in the article says there are 2 back seats (4 seats total).[/I]
Yea, another Canadian member that ordered mentioned there's a back seat delete option as well, however, the AMG docs that I got a hold of mentions that it's a 2 seater, like the previous Black Series:

My dealer never said anything about 2 or 4 seats, nor options available when I confirmed my allocation.

Originally Posted by SMP
I think the car looks good, but it's not as hard core as the previous Black Series CLK in my opinion. Like I suspected, it's just a wide body. It's a much softer version now, hence the relative low base price. Instead of having all the track goodies standard, there will be a long and expensive option list. I doubt it's anywhere near as well built as the CLK. No seem welded and triangulated chassis, no industrial strength rear end, cheaper brakes ........ I'll hang on to my CLK, but consider to buy a C as my daily driver.
The CLK BS was designed as a race car from the start, since it spawned off the CLK Safety Car project, so it would be very tough to follow that up. There was a lot of overengineering in the CLK BS that the SL BS never saw, nor will the C63 BS.

Most of the handling improvements in the CLK BS came from the wider track, wider footprint, and the more aggressive locking differential, which the C63 BS will get. Of course if you take both cars and pound 1000 hard laps out of each, the CLK BS will probably survive it better. Not that it matters, except for the more hardcore track guys using the cars as a dedicated track car. Doubt it'll make a difference for the owner that just takes it to the track on weekends. In terms of stiffness improvements with the seam welds, the C63 BS is based off a newer platform, so you'd *think* there's already a stiffness improvement over the old CLK BS platform, but that's purely a guess.

Personally, I'm excited for the car, and not changing my mind on moving (not going to say upgrading ) from the CLK BS to the C63 BS. After driving an E63 with the Speedshift MCT, the transmission in the CLK BS just feels like it needs an upgrade. There's a fairly challenging decreasing radius downhill turn on my way to work where in the CLK BS I would like the rev matched downshifts as the corner tightens and I need to drop to 2nd. I feel much more planted in the C63, even though I carry much less speed into the corner. Creature comforts are also improved in the new car, so my iPod/iPhone controls will be much easier for the passenger. I hope my opinion doesn't change in a year or so!

Last edited by rage2; 07-06-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM
GMW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML63 AMG PP
OMG!!! Wow!!! I want!!! Time to fast track my savings now!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by sickfox
Oh my!

if i see one on my tail, i'll gladly give way...
if i get one on my tail , i will gladly pull away from it
Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
2012 GTR: $86,000.00
2012 Audi R8 V10 $130,000.00
2013 C63 Black Series $120,000.00 (about)
2012 E63 TT $120,000.00
2012 CLS 63 $130,000.00

WHICH ONE IS WORTH IT?

ALSO: keeping and further modding current C63

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-06-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
GORGEOUS. Only thing Im disappointed with is the power, frankly. Would like to see a bit more out of something that looks so nasty.

Having said that, absolutely gorgeous, and very very tempted.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 PM

'08 C350
High res pics:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-.../full/#4276735
Old 07-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 79 Likes on 77 Posts
AMG
Looks awesome!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
2012 E63 TT $120,000.00
2012 CLS 63 $130,000.00

WHICH ONE IS WORTH IT?

If I was looking for straight line speed, definately the GTR. If I was looking for a fun car to drive, definately the C63 BS (assuming same fun factor as CLK BS). I've driven the R8, E63 and GTR, great cars, but it's no Black Series.

When I first picked up my CLK BS, I came from a HPF M3 with 750+ hp. I was so disappointed in the CLK until I took my first off ramp. Then I "got" the car and what it was all about. More HP is nice, but the fun is flying thru corners, not drag races.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:27 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by rage2
Yea, another Canadian member that ordered mentioned there's a back seat delete option as well, however, the AMG docs that I got a hold of mentions that it's a 2 seater, like the previous Black Series:

My dealer never said anything about 2 or 4 seats, nor options available when I confirmed my allocation.

The CLK BS was designed as a race car from the start, since it spawned off the CLK Safety Car project, so it would be very tough to follow that up. There was a lot of overengineering in the CLK BS that the SL BS never saw, nor will the C63 BS.

Most of the handling improvements in the CLK BS came from the wider track, wider footprint, and the more aggressive locking differential, which the C63 BS will get. Of course if you take both cars and pound 1000 hard laps out of each, the CLK BS will probably survive it better. Not that it matters, except for the more hardcore track guys using the cars as a dedicated track car. Doubt it'll make a difference for the owner that just takes it to the track on weekends. In terms of stiffness improvements with the seam welds, the C63 BS is based off a newer platform, so you'd *think* there's already a stiffness improvement over the old CLK BS platform, but that's purely a guess.

Personally, I'm excited for the car, and not changing my mind on moving (not going to say upgrading ) from the CLK BS to the C63 BS. After driving an E63 with the Speedshift MCT, the transmission in the CLK BS just feels like it needs an upgrade. There's a fairly challenging decreasing radius downhill turn on my way to work where in the CLK BS I would like the rev matched downshifts as the corner tightens and I need to drop to 2nd. I feel much more planted in the C63, even though I carry much less speed into the corner. Creature comforts are also improved in the new car, so my iPod/iPhone controls will be much easier for the passenger. I hope my opinion doesn't change in a year or so!
Thanks for sharing this rage2.

So all of those spy shots we saw the last couple of months of the supposed C63 BS sedan were not real?
Or just some sort of testing mule for the C63 BS coupe?

Who here still thinks they are going to do both a C63 BS sedan and coupe?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by kart125
Just noticed it does not have cross drilled rotors...
Looks like it does have them, they were washed out a little bit in the smaller pics. The full sized pics clearly shows drilled rotors.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by rage2

That was my thought ..... the C63 BS is not that special. Will it have a locking differential? Sure, the same as in the 4 door sedan. Cheaper MSRP, cheaper parts. I'm sure they'll offer some options. For some more money, of course . How many years will it be produced and how many units is AMG going to crank out? I doubt it's going to be a limited edition. Plenty of other cars out there to choose from in that price category. I don't buy cars just for the looks and a "Black Series" badge, it's the complete package that I'm interested in. The C63 BS is a Black Series for the masses.

Like I said, I consider buying one as a daily driver. Nice car, but nothing to get too excited about.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E420
Enlargeable Photos Here:

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/autos/m...hotos-surface/
Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by enochroot
Thanks for sharing this rage2.

So all of those spy shots we saw the last couple of months of the supposed C63 BS sedan were not real?
Or just some sort of testing mule for the C63 BS coupe?

Who here still thinks they are going to do both a C63 BS sedan and coupe?
If I was to make a guess, the C63 BS Sedan mule that we all first saw was probably to test the suspension components of the C63 BS Coupe, since at the time the C63 Coupe wasn't released yet. When you see a 4 door C63 with taped up wide fenders like this:

Then you'd know a C63 BS Sedan is coming!

Originally Posted by SMP
That was my thought ..... the C63 BS is not that special. Will it have a locking differential? Sure, the same as in the 4 door sedan. Cheaper MSRP, cheaper parts. I'm sure they'll offer some options. For some more money, of course . How many years will it be produced and how many units is AMG going to crank out? I doubt it's going to be a limited edition. Plenty of other cars out there to choose from in that price category. I don't buy cars just for the looks and a "Black Series" badge, it's the complete package that I'm interested in. The C63 BS is a Black Series for the masses.

Like I said, I consider buying one as a daily driver. Nice car, but nothing to get too excited about.
The normal C63 has a fairly simple limited slip that only works on acceleration, it's completely open on decel. The C63 BS will have a locking diff (like the CLK BS) according to the AMG docs that I have. It's this diff that gives the car such great turn in/trail braking behaviour.

As for limited availability, it's definately limited for 1 year. At least in Canada. We're only getting 10, and that's it.

I still believe the C63 BS will be a complete package, much like the CLK BS.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:53 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by SMP

I'm sure many of the CLK63 BS folks are going to hate on it and say it's not a real BS as we are seeing just above ^

Consider one as a daily driver is a low blow in my book.
That's like a smug SL65 BS owner saying maybe he would consider a CLK63 BS as a daily driver.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:02 PM

2010 C63
My main complaint with this is how little weight it has lost. The CLK BS was about the same weight as a regular CLK, but included a bigger V8 engine, bigger brakes, cross-bracing, etc. etc. As someone else noted above, no way in hell will those seats be available in the US, so there goes whatever weight savings they claim. I was hoping to see a 200 lb weight loss from the regular coupe, but expecting maybe 100 lbs. Losing the panaramic roof would have probably gotten most of that 100 lb. goal.

As for how many will be available? I don't know, but the CEO of MB USA has said he will be happy if he sells 100. When I heard that, I was thinking the BS would be much more hard core than this (hence, his hope to sell even 100). Regardless of how hard core it appears to be, I hope he is very happy, because I want AMG to make future Blacks.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
If i was getting a coupe it would be Godzirra...(you cant beat the price/performance/mod-ability)

2012 E63 TT $120,000.00
2012 CLS 63 $130,000.00

WHICH ONE IS WORTH IT?

Last edited by callmiro; 07-06-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:12 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Damn... this is going to be a VERY tough call for me on the GT-R vs. C63 BS. Still need more photos, especially for the interior, but for that one interior pic already beat the GT-R's hands down!

Sheep
Old 07-06-2011, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sean's Sister--
No rear pics? Want to see how that looks or how the diffuser is...something tells me it won't be as agressive as the 209 bs.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:37 PM
SMP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by enochroot
I'm sure many of the CLK63 BS folks are going to hate on it and say it's not a real BS as we are seeing just above ^

Consider one as a daily driver is a low blow in my book.
That's like a smug SL65 BS owner saying maybe he would consider a CLK63 BS as a daily driver.
You must have misunderstood my post. No hating here, as I owned many different marques over the years and still do. I don't care who the manufacturer is, it's the product that I'm interested in. I have a couple of daily drivers that each cost more than the reported 100K of the C63 BS. My comment has nothing to do with money. My CLK wasn't that much more than one of my daily's, they are just day and night in comparison when you drive them. One is a VERY nice car, the other one stirs my emotions.

I owned an E46 M3 right when they came out with the SMG. Not a particular expensive car for what it offered in the fun department. My wife thought it was a cheap looking car and not any different than all the other 3 series coupes. She never understood to the day I sold it. Me, I LOVED that car and still do to this day every time I see one on the road.

I hope you understand now where I'm coming from. No hate here ..... never was
Old 07-06-2011, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by callmiro
If i was getting a coupe it would be Godzirra...(you cant beat the price/performance/mod-ability)

You always come out with some dead on comments and then pull some badd **** pictures out of your majic hatt to substantiate your views....

Good stuff....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 PM

2016 G550
Originally Posted by SMP
You must have misunderstood my post. No hating here, as I owned many different marques over the years and still do. I don't care who the manufacturer is, it's the product that I'm interested in. I have a couple of daily drivers that each cost more than the reported 100K of the C63 BS. My comment has nothing to do with money. My CLK wasn't that much more than one of my daily's, they are just day and night in comparison when you drive them. One is a VERY nice car, the other one stirs my emotions.

I owned an E46 M3 right when they came out with the SMG. Not a particular expensive car for what it offered in the fun department. My wife thought it was a cheap looking car and not any different than all the other 3 series coupes. She never understood to the day I sold it. Me, I LOVED that car and still do to this day every time I see one on the road.

I hope you understand now where I'm coming from. No hate here ..... never was
SMP it's all good, I get where you are coming from.
Maybe I'm the hater that wishes he could have a CLK63 BS and C63 BS too.

Last edited by enochroot; 07-06-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
You always come out with some dead on comments and then pull some badd **** pictures out of your majic hatt to substantiate your views....

Good stuff....

Thanks Zeph.....i think we fell from the same tree, landed in the same road and got hit by the same Pantera when we were kids...

now thats an A$$ shot

I dont think the red paint job does the BS justice in those pics....the Matte Black test car looked way more aggressive...but that price is out to lunch...$120k +????

Last edited by callmiro; 07-06-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 PM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
very nice! i want those seats on my c63
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 PM

2007 Corvette Z06/2011 BMW M3
sweet
Old 07-06-2011, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
New hood design Dad's! I see many people ordering....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupe Leaked