OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by jspAMG
I've seen the car and James and Peter told me about the mods on it because they are installing much of the same things on my car. My code won't be the same or even sourced from the same tuner because I have the Weistec at the heart of it and have to have code from them for that.

I think that after a while I get some cars confused. xtyper, pertplus, other cars at ACG and cars my own customers tell me about can get muddled together because I'm not taking notes.

Plus on top of that, I'm trying to integrate what other people are doing into my own plans for my car. One of the big open issues is the exact configuration of the exhaust. I would like to have test pipes to install but I also have to be able to install cats to get through smog and I have to have a version of software that can be loaded that support those cats.

Just as an aside, if I was a tuner, I would be much more circumspect on public forums about coding to eliminate cats and as tuning shops I wouldn't be talking about doing that very much. I consider CARB to be one step down from Hitler. I really wouldn't want to cross the smog *****. The ticket for the end user who removes cats is $2750.00 if I remember correctly. Knowing them, its probably higher and I can't imagine what it would do to commercial enterprises caught doing the work and coding.

Jim
Ouch, that is a big ticket!

Im looking forward to the Weistec results. Hopefully you are a track guy.

Dyno's are fun, but track results tell all and as you can see from this thread real world results leave so much more room for discussion.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
I think this thread has nudged me one step closer to becoming an OE tuning customer.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by BK63amg
I think this thread has nudged me one step closer to becoming an OE tuning customer.
You still havent tuned your car!!! I thought you already had the OE tune!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
So this race is xtyper against the tuner's car? Is that correct?

Jim
Old 07-20-2011, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Thanks guys. Many runs were made, with the same results. The runs were any car got an unfair jump were not included. Each run was fair and from an even go. xtyper will agree with me on this. I have no plans to rematch unless considerable or different mods are done. FYI, there is no such thing as a partial reflash from the dealer, so I will not be entertaining that notion. Other fully modded C63s have also seen the same outcome.
OE Tuning FTW!
My next considerable mod is you tuning my spare ECU!

And for the record, to anyone who may speculate that there was monkey business going on since it was tuner's own car, I assure you Jeremy is a very standup guy who always wants objective results, even if it doesn't put his own product on top. Jeremy is an amazing tuner with clearly some proven real world results.

I consider myself very lucky to have such great vendors like OE Tuning and ACGSD in my backyard.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by xtyper
My next considerable mod is you tuning my spare ECU!

And for the record, to anyone who may speculate that there was monkey business going on since it was tuner's own car, I assure you Jeremy is a very standup guy who always wants objective results, even if it doesn't put his own product on top. Jeremy is an amazing tuner with clearly some proven real world results.

I consider myself very lucky to have such great vendors like OE Tuning and ACGSD in my backyard.
You're a stand up guy Xtyper.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM

C63, C300, 911TT x 3, 911 C2 x 2, 911SC, SL65, SL500, 280SL Plus some trucks
Originally Posted by xtyper
If you think I am implying that, that is incorrect. In fact, it would be my expectation that you will lose in races no matter what.

It would be hard for the TUNER to do any monkey business to always win races short of having a hidden nitrous tank. People can take a dive and lose a race. Sandbagging if you will, while an inferior car can't pull tricks to win. By definition it would be the superior car all along.

So, don't take my comments along those lines. Now that I know whats going on, I personally would expect you to lose all the time. I can explain why I feel this way if I see you at the shop later.

And for the record, I have no bias one way or the other. I can't use whatever code James and Peter normally use nor can I use OE code. I couldn't care less which one is better. If generically OE code is better I would encourage ACG to start selling that product. Who wouldn't want to sell the best assuming similar profits?

Jim
Old 07-20-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
Originally Posted by propain
You still havent tuned your car!!! I thought you already had the OE tune!
Ahhhh I know! Indecision is a *****! I've been trying to decide btwn OE, Eurocharged and MHP... I'm also not a fan of shipping my ECU :-/
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jspAMG
If you think I am implying that, that is incorrect. In fact, it would be my expectation that you will lose in races no matter what.

It would be hard for the TUNER to do any monkey business to always win races short of having a hidden nitrous tank. People can take a dive and lose a race. Sandbagging if you will, while an inferior car can't pull tricks to win. By definition it would be the superior car all along.

So, don't take my comments along those lines. Now that I know whats going on, I personally would expect you to lose all the time. I can explain why I feel this way if I see you at the shop later.

And for the record, I have no bias one way or the other. I can't use whatever code James and Peter normally use nor can I use OE code. I couldn't care less which one is better. If generically OE code is better I would encourage ACG to start selling that product. Who wouldn't want to sell the best assuming similar profits?

Jim
Hey Jim, I definitely didn't take your post that way. Just seeing it though reminded me that doubts had come up in the past along those lines and so I wanted to make a statement based on my own personal experiences with Jeremy.

Hurry up and get to the shop...I'm just chilling here waiting got James with my thumb up my ****.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Yes Jim, full interior. Both cars were on "R" compound tires. Runs in Sport & Manual transmission modes gave the same results.
i'm not trying to open a can of worms or anything crazy so people don't write back and get defensive......but how does your setup stack up against the same MHP setup ? have you guys ever run a similar MHP car ?

obviously you guys have a great setup so it's just a question
Old 07-20-2011, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i'm not trying to open a can of worms or anything crazy so people don't write back and get defensive......but how does your setup stack up against the same MHP setup ? have you guys ever run a similar MHP car ?

obviously you guys have a great setup so it's just a question
Sry to butt in but I ran both tunes at one point,
MHP tune and headers I ran best in 40F -1600DA 11.19@125.xx
OE tune with MHP headers. Ran best in 85F +1200-1400DA 11.26@126.99
Old 07-20-2011, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Damm Mthis: 0-60 in 3.2???

What does this all mean as far as the tune is concerned? They are somewhat similar? Are the results we are seeing is in the headers/exhaust between Jeremy's and xtyper's car?

Last edited by Sincity; 07-20-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by mthis
Interesting...

Did you run the OE tune + MHP headers on the same -1600DA day? I cant imagine you wouldnt pickup at least 2 10th's going from +1200 DA to -1600DA.

I need to get another ECU....

Off topic question.. Is there any way to mate an ECU that isnt married to my car to my car? Meaning if someone had an ECU to sell could I mate it with my car? Could it even be used without mating it?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Interesting...

Did you run the OE tune + MHP headers on the same -1600DA day? I cant imagine you wouldnt pickup at least 2 10th's going from +1200 DA to -1600DA.

Off topic question.. Is there any way to mate an ECU that isnt married to my car to my car? Meaning if someone had an ECU to sell could I mate it with my car? Could it even be used without mating it?
No when I ran the 11.19 it was at Atco in Dec and when I ran the Oe it was the hot day at MIR when mike ran 10.78.

For u last Q:
From what I know so far it's not possible but talk to Jeramy I'm sure he can help u.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, given the temp diff, would that mean that OE is similar to MHP at a lower price point?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V
Interesting...

Jim,

I think you would need to bring the spare ECU to the dealer and have
it coded with your vin or the car will not run. This is what I've been
told by my service advisor. It would be nice to get confirmation from
a tuner.

Mike
Old 07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
No when I ran the 11.19 it was at Atco in Dec and when I ran the Oe it was the hot day at MIR when mike ran 10.78.

For u last Q:
From what I know so far it's not possible but talk to Jeramy I'm sure he can help u.
Ahhh.. im speculating here but I would venture to guess that the OE tune with the MHP headers might be able to beat your best time in neg DA. You trapped almost 2 MPH faster with the OE tune. Either that or they would run equal or close to it. The OE tune continues to impress me.

That Sheds some good light on the two tunes even when one is matched for the headers. Now the big question is what would a matched OE tune + Gintani combo run and what would an MHP tune with the Gintani system run? I think this fall is looking to be a great one!

See how much better track results can be...

Edit: I spoke with Jeremy and he said that he didnt have the ability to do it himself yet. I am going to call my dealer and check.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wondering how an OE Tune will pair up with Kleemann hardware???
Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Sincity
Wondering how an OE Tune will pair up with Kleemann hardware???
It would vomit it out like it was cancer... LOL.. JK.. I only speak of the manifolds...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by Sincity
Damm Mthis: 0-60 in 3.2???

What does this all mean as far as the tune is concerned? They are somewhat similar? Are the results we are seeing is in the headers/exhaust between Jeremy's and xtyper's car?

Yes sir. That was done at the track and it was from a 11.36 pass VBox verified also bc I got the 60-130 verified from the same run.

Dodger and DAD C63 have ran under 3sec I believe. (thanks to the glue at the track lol bc on street no way I'm seeing 3.2 or under 4sec)
Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Yes sir. That was done at the track and it was from a 11.36 pass VBox verified also bc I got the 60-130 verified from the same run.

Dodger and DAD C63 have ran under 3sec I believe. (thanks to the glue at the track lol bc on street no way I'm seeing 3.2 or under 4sec)
Gotta love the glue...

The best ive run on the street was 4.2 0-60 on Nitto NT05's. Vbox verified. Im in the high 3's with the glue.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

SL65
Originally Posted by no loser
Just Found this Video

What do you think

OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63

I think you should check out the M156 sect. of BB.com MHP is calling OE out on claims OE made that they beat a MHP S2 car with theirs. MHP is laughing because they only have 1 S2 car in Cali and the owner has been traveling for 2 mos.

I think there's more to this video than the title suggests, frankly I don't think the MBH/ACG car would lose that badly either.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

SL65

Maybe you should post all the changes to your car including the additional weight reduction, wheel and tire combos, etc between track visits?

Also were you running a race gas tune with OE or just race gas?

Thx
Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by JHDavis
I think you should check out the M156 sect. of BB.com MHP is calling OE out on claims OE made that they beat a MHP S2 car with theirs. MHP is laughing because they only have 1 S2 car in Cali and the owner has been traveling for 2 mos.

I think there's more to this video than the title suggests, frankly I don't think the MBH/ACG car would lose that badly either.

LOL.. Screw BB. Sick of the drama over there.

I would like to see this matchup though...
Old 07-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Banned

SL65
LOL.. Screw BB. Sick of the drama over there.

I would like to see this matchup though...

Has there been drama? I haven't been on the net in a few mos so if there was I missed it. Seems kind of dead?

MHP is game but at the same time for OE to comment about a race that never happened to make themselves look better is dumb dumb dumb.

thx

Last edited by JHDavis; 07-20-2011 at 02:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OE Tuning/Gintani C63 vs MBH/ASCG C63