Sponsored by:

I'd like to see someone do a manual tranny conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Woaaaah that went south quickly lol everyone calm down. Hugs for everyone.
The following users liked this post:
C63fora2w1 (01-12-2017)
Old 01-12-2017, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,588 Likes on 936 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
Hugs for everyone.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by C63fora2w1
So basically what you are saying is that you are either too lazy or ignorant to shift a car on your own. That does not surprise me since you are from NYC. I met guys in basic training from NYC who were in their 20's and never had a drivers license or knew how to pump their own gas. I even worked in Brooklyn for a time. These guys had this stereo typical attitude like they were better than everyone else because they were from New York, but in actuality they were a joke.. and completely out of touch with the rest of the country. Please don't be that guy.. this is a forum for people who are passionate about the C63 to come and share ideas. others have said that the forum is hurting and its because new people are treated like ****. This is not your private club house on the block its a public form for everyone. Some people maybe be tire kickers and dreamers but those people can become potential owners and contributing members.

I'll try to explain why someone might want a manual trans in a muscle car.. the C63 is basically a German Muscle car... People who are passionate about driving understand that a manual trans makes you feel more connected with the car and adds to the overall experience of driving. It allows you to better control the car and makes you feel one with the machine. Granted the C63 in sport + mode is pretty damn good and when in manual it adds to the drivers involvement and is pretty good but its not as good as the F1 style in a Ferrari F430 or a Lamborghini Gallardo but those are super cars in a class all their own..

Look I have no desire to start an internet war but people should really take note of how they treat others in this forum. If you have a difference of opinion that's great make your point but there is no reason to attack someone for it. Lets try to be more civil so that everyone can benefit as a whole. There is a lot of knowledge on this site lets try to be more welcoming of new people and glean as much wisdom from each other as possible.

Wait, BLKROKT was in no way rude or did he treat the guy in question poorly, but yet you did to him and then write what I highlighted in your argument to him.
That's what we people call "Hypocritical".
Old 01-12-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 205 Likes on 146 Posts
C63 amg Custom 67 Camaro GLK 350 4matic 2017 AMG GTS
As personal preference and experience, I like lighter weight cars with sticks, to enhance my skills on the track. I still like knowing I can heel and toe as I age.

With faster heavier cars I go with paddles. Cars today are so damn fast that shifting gears on the track is getting dangerous. Back in the good ole days we had 200-275hp cars that weighed 2400lbs and we could toss them around all day long. Lot's of fun, but now we have these massive power beasts with over 500hp and weigh 3500+ pounds. It's a new and different ballgame.
I would not want my C63 with a 6 speed, but I can see people who do. It's a personal preference.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
not as good as the F1 style in a Ferrari F430 or a Lamborghini Gallardo but those are super cars in a class all their own..
I know this thread is already a battlezone.... I cant vouch for the ferrari f430 i havent driven one of those but at parking lot speeds.... but the gallardo? are you kidding me? that transmission is garbage. I can shaft a manual way faster, it shifts so much slower than the torque converter auto c63 and responds slower too. If pushed hard enough the mct which is light years quicker and more responsive than the torque converter c63 will give you that massive awful jerky/gear slam you maybe desiring that the gallardo does all the time.

Atleasts use smg or a real dct for comparisons when trying to bash the c63 auto. The gallardo though? ewwwwww. Ive spent plenty of time in one to love the intoxicating sound of the v10, but the e-gear b.s. that ruins that car and makes it seem like a pile of crap. Vastly improved from the first gallardo to the last one but still awful.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
I know this thread is already a battlezone.... I cant vouch for the ferrari f430 i havent driven one of those but at parking lot speeds.... but the gallardo? are you kidding me? that transmission is garbage. I can shaft a manual way faster, it shifts so much slower than the torque converter auto c63 and responds slower too. If pushed hard enough the mct which is light years quicker and more responsive than the torque converter c63 will give you that massive awful jerky/gear slam you maybe desiring that the gallardo does all the time.

Atleasts use smg or a real dct for comparisons when trying to bash the c63 auto. The gallardo though? ewwwwww. Ive spent plenty of time in one to love the intoxicating sound of the v10, but the e-gear b.s. that ruins that car and makes it seem like a pile of crap. Vastly improved from the first gallardo to the last one but still awful.
I never had that experience with the Gallardos I have had the privilege to drive 3 of them and have always enjoyed they way they drive. Maybe you had a bad one ?? The Ferrari is much more refined than the Lambo each one of those car has is own distinct personality. The Ferrari is like a Michelangelo sculpture, elegant and graceful and the Lambo is like a 300lb linebacker who just took a full dose of steroids, is loud and obnoxious and over the top, with in your face styling, and the howl of that V-10... OMG it's intoxicating. For what its worth I drove a 430 with the traditional gated shifter and hated it. The F1 transmission is soo much better to me in that car... but I bet there are some Ferrari purists who would disagree.

In regards the C63 I never said I didn't like the auto trans I just said I wish they offered an option with a manual. I would like to be able to try it out and see how it drives. I might not like it but then again I love a manual. I actually think the auto in the C63 is pretty good and like the fact that it uses a wet clutch instead of a torque converter.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
And I totally get all of your points, don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily agree, but that's completely okay. It's a classic PDK/DCT/MCT/DSG vs Manual trans debate. Happens on just about every forum so nothing new here.

You use the C63 as a track car, so you're looking for maximum efficiency on the track. I get that and I totally understand it. But, I use my car strictly on the street and for that reason would rather be able to row the gears myself as to me, it adds to the experience tremendously. Same reason all else being equal, all manual trans cars go for a premium compared to their auto/dct counterparts. (Audi R8, LP640, F430, E36 M3, E46 M3, Porsches..) In fact, I can't think of one car in which the auto counterpart goes for a higher premium.

Not to mention, my auto trans is horrible. There are second long delays, downshifting takes some time, and the list goes on. You have a better one (wet clutch), but I'd still personally prefer a manual. Again, I want to stress, no one in this conversation is right or wrong, but we do have our preferences based on how we use our cars.
This, I totally agree with!
I love manual cars, and wish the C63 came in manual.
It worries me to think that very soon, the manual will be completely gone from the new car market.

Oh and C63fora2w1 for president haha!
C63fora2w1 (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 08:39 AM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
As someone who loves cars I have found that a manual trans makes even the most boring cars fun and fun cars amazing to drive. I have not owned a car with an auto trans in over a decade and looking to purchase a C63 I think its the biggest drawback. I like to have more control over the engine and it makes me feel more involved with how the car is performing. Other luxury manufacturers like BMW still have a 6 speed manual box and believe it keeps with the excitement and spirit of driving. Just my .02
​​​​​​
You have the same control with the C63 paddles controlling engine and rpms as a manual. My previous G37 had pades shift buqt it wasn't the same engaging experience like a manual or C63.

Note, I always had a stick and agree makes a boring car more fun to drive. Not sure stick is needed in C63 but a two seater most definitely.
C63fora2w1 (01-13-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by AMG6.3
​​​​​​
You have the same control with the C63 paddles controlling engine and rpms as a manual. My previous G37 had pades shift buqt it wasn't the same engaging experience like a manual or C63.

Note, I always had a stick and agree makes a boring car more fun to drive. Not sure stick is needed in C63 but a two seater most definitely.
I venture to say I like my G37 paddles better than the C63. It felt so much smoother and quicker to grab gears.