Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 delivery dates - Australia

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG, C36 AMG, SL500
Pickles, Pictures, report!! To busy driving?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Smile

Originally Posted by morganb
Pickles, Pictures, report!! To busy driving?
Wifey's driven it....see separate post..."C63 in Aus"!.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:04 AM

Diamond White C63 coupe + PP
I am really excited now. Signed on dotted lines and now getting delivery on thursday, 12th Jan. C63 coupe, Diamond white with Performance Pack (Black 16 spoke allows)

Perry
Old 01-09-2012, 01:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG Coupe, BMW E92 M3 manual
Originally Posted by pcho
I am really excited now. Signed on dotted lines and now getting delivery on thursday, 12th Jan. C63 coupe, Diamond white with Performance Pack (Black 16 spoke allows)

Perry
Good call on the colour! What interior did you get?
BTW you might want to consider some after market tint on front windows. I just had RTA max 35% tint applied on my DW and it sets it off very nicely. Standard fronts are almost clear compared to standard privacy glass on rear windows and back windcsreen which is almost pitch black ( and contrasts amazingly with the DW).
Only downside I've found with DW so far: it's a magnet for brake dust which accumulates all over rear of boot! The amount of crud coming from those discs front and rear makes me very, very glad I went with the black 19" rims.....
Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Merconvert
Good call on the colour! What interior did you get?
BTW you might want to consider some after market tint on front windows. I just had RTA max 35% tint applied on my DW and it sets it off very nicely. Standard fronts are almost clear compared to standard privacy glass on rear windows and back windcsreen which is almost pitch black ( and contrasts amazingly with the DW).
Only downside I've found with DW so far: it's a magnet for brake dust which accumulates all over rear of boot! The amount of crud coming from those discs front and rear makes me very, very glad I went with the black 19" rims.....
Thanks for the tint advice. Can you elaborate on the windows you tinted. So you did you tint the front winscreen and when you say the front windows, do you mean only the windows on the door and not the back section? I also assume you did not tint the back windscreen.

My seat are just black. I love the red black combination but at my age I think the black will suit be well.

I am excited, I love driving in s+ mode and then putting the brakes on and hear the noise with the gears automatically downshifting. Can't wait till Thursday

Perry
Old 01-09-2012, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Merconvert

That is one of the reasons was please that the rims are black. That said the 16 spokes would be a real pain to clean.
I also told the dealer can you please get rid of those silicon that they apply on the tyres. They are terrible because when it gets wet, it spays the silicon all over the rims and the back of the body works and then more dust gets attached to it.

Happy alloy cleaning.

Perry
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 AM

Thanks for the tint advice. Can you elaborate on the windows you tinted. So you did you tint the front winscreen and when you say the front windows, do you mean only the windows on the door and not the back section? I also assume you did not tint the back windscreen.

My seat are just black. I love the red black combination but at my age I think the black will suit be well.

I am excited, I love driving in s+ mode and then putting the brakes on and hear the noise with the gears automatically downshifting. Can't wait till Thursday

Perry
OK to be clear ( lousy pun ) I tinted the front windows only. I'm not even sure that you can legally tint the windscreen, but I may be wrong.
On Oz C63 coupes, the back side windows and rear windscreen are already heavily tinted - far darker than RTA approved "after market" tint which in NSW is 35% transmission min.

I had never done after market tinting before, and if you are the same it's worth doing a little research. I settled on a local crowd who use only 3M films, and do all the work for the local Merc dealer, as well as most of the other new car dealers in the area. The 3M stuff comes with a lifetime guarantee against fading, going purple, peeling etc etc. Cost was extremely reasonable too: $170.

If you think the downshift noise is a laugh, wait till you hear the "crack" that you get on hard acceleration on UPshifts, when the car momentarily cuts fuel to smooth the gearchange. I swear it sounds like there must be flames coming coming outta the exhaust. Cool fact to enjoy post run-in: in manual mode as you are approaching the redline the entire speedo display flashes red with a "change up" warning!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:17 AM

Hi Merconvert,

Thanks for info.have you considered the carbon fibre wing mirrors from RevoZport that cost 880 for genuine Mercedes covers. They buy the covers and then carbon fibre it. BTW do you know why revoZport was banned from this forum?

Perry
Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 AM

Hi Merconvert,

Thanks for info.have you considered the carbon fibre wing mirrors from RevoZport that cost 880 for genuine Mercedes covers. They buy the covers and then carbon fibre it. BTW do you know why revoZport was banned from this forum?

Perry
Thanks for the tip. Hadnt heard about Revozport until today. I'm still in two minds on CF mirrors. I don't think the car screams out for them - at least with this colour combo, tinted glass and black wheels. The rear CF spoiler looks great but somehow mirrors seem a bit after market to me.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
I'm away in Sydney on holidays back late Thursday. The dealer told me today they are just waiting for Delivery from Prixcar and very confident they will have the car ready for me to collect first thing Friday.

Fingers crossed.

PS good advise about the tint for coupes. I was going to ask.
Cheers

Marty
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Forest Jim
I'm away in Sydney on holidays back late Thursday. The dealer told me today they are just waiting for Delivery from Prixcar and very confident they will have the car ready for me to collect first thing Friday.

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Marty
Good on ya Marty! Can't wait to see pics of your new ride.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:29 PM

Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Marty

Congratulations Jim, I haven't been going through the entire post here, so may I ask again what colour coupe are you getting. I hope you are as excited as I am

Perry
Old 01-09-2012, 04:34 PM

Congratulations Jim, I haven't been going through the entire post here, so may I ask again what colour coupe are you getting. I hope you are as excited as I am

Perry
Same as you old mate. Coupe, PP, Diamond w, Black Int & Wheels & Keyless

I've been waiting 6 months.

Hey MB280- you still April Del? You might be able to get it sooner, maybe the dealer might get a cancelled order. In this GFC they may get a few.

Cheers Boys

Marty
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Question

That is one of the reasons was please that the rims are black. That said the 16 spokes would be a real pain to clean.
I also told the dealer can you please get rid of those silicon that they apply on the tyres. They are terrible because when it gets wet, it spays the silicon all over the rims and the back of the body works and then more dust gets attached to it.

Happy alloy cleaning.

Perry
G'day perry...Good to see the Aussies on here, & also VERY good to know you'll have your Coupe very shortly.
As you know, I have the same wheels as you, except I have the polished face/silver rim.
One would think that black (charcoal) rims would not show brake dust as much as the silver ones, & you'd be right.....until you get up close, when it doesn't matter what colour rims ya've got, that dust will be there....and ya'll see it, it'll give you the Sh.ts, & ya'll just have to clean 'em.....that is, if ya're **** (of stupid!), like I am.
The other item that has to be cleaned, in this area, is of course, the brake calipers, particularly if you've got the red ones....and I'm happy to report that there's plenty of access through the spokes to clean them.
I'm pretty fussy about wheels, & I've discovered what I consider to be the best wheel cleaning brush of all time, & that is the "Daytona Wheel Brush"....google it & ya'll find plenty of stockists in Aus & O/S.....it's excellent for the very wide inner rim section, & behind the spokes, if you're that keen......just scrub away with this brush with whatever you're washing the car with (after ya've done the rest of the car of course!), pressure wash off, & ya rims are brand new!
Cheers, Pickles.

Last edited by Pickles; 01-09-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
G'day perry...Good to see the Aussies on here, & also VERY good to know you'll have your Coupe very shortly.
As you know, I have the same wheels as you, except I have the polished face/silver rim.
One would think that black (charcoal) rims would not show brake dust as much as the silver ones, & you'd be right.....until you get up close, when it doesn't matter what colour rims ya've got, that dust will be there....and ya'll see it, it'll give you the Sh.ts, & ya'll just have to clean 'em.....that is, if ya're **** (of stupid!), like I am.
The other item that has to be cleaned, in this area, is of course, the brake calipers, particularly if you've got the red ones....and I'm happy to report that there's plenty of access through the spokes to clean them.
I'm pretty fussy about wheels, & I've discovered what I consider to be the best wheel cleaning brush of all time, & that is the "Daytona Wheel Brush"....google it & ya'll find plenty of stockists in Aus & O/S.....it's excellent for the very wide inner rim section, & behind the spokes, if you're that keen......just scrub away with this brush with whatever you're washing the car with (after ya've done the rest of the car of course!), pressure wash off, & ya rims are brand new!
Cheers, Pickles.
Hi Pickles,
Thank you for advice regards to the Daytona Wheel Brush. Is the end of the brush metal or plastic. If it is metal there could be a chance of accidently pointing the brush downwards and accidently scratching the alloy.
Ah, you are spot on with the alloy wheels and I agree that the dsut will annoy me even though they are painted black. The only benefit is they would not look as dirty if I do decide to get lazy for a week . I like you would still continue to clean it regularly. I have been known to polish my alloys and my wife thinks I am mad.

Cheers
Perry
Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 AM

Smile

The Daytona brush has a plastic/rubber covered stem, & the end of the brush is capped with similar material, so there's absolutely no risk of rim damage.....or any other damage.
Regards, Pickles.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM

C63
Same as you old mate. Coupe, PP, Diamond w, Black Int & Wheels & Keyless

I've been waiting 6 months.

Hey MB280- you still April Del? You might be able to get it sooner, maybe the dealer might get a cancelled order. In this GFC they may get a few.

Cheers Boys

Marty
Got some news! Car will be in production end of the week and ETA in Australia mid-March. By the way I changed to DW, coupe, PP, Black wheels & Keyless (just like yours).

Regards.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by MB280S
Got some news! Car will be in production end of the week and ETA in Australia mid-March. By the way I changed to DW, coupe, PP, Black wheels & Keyless (just like yours).

Regards.
Congrats and I hope it will come soon enough. Nice colour choice

I have fast track mine. I rang dealer and said I wanted my car today instead of Thursday. Whoopee getting mine this afternoon.

Perry
Old 01-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Smile

Congrats and I hope it will come soon enough. Nice colour choice

I have fast track mine. I rang dealer and said I wanted my car today instead of Thursday. Whoopee getting mine this afternoon.

Perry
Top stuff Perry.....Like everyone else I guess, I'll be looking for pics!
Not long to go now, Pickles.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
Top stuff Perry.....Like everyone else I guess, I'll be looking for pics!
Not long to go now, Pickles.
Thanks Pickles, however weather is not too good and thats where the white would be a real disadvantage.

Pictures will have to come much later with weather like this

Perry
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks Pickles, however weather is not too good and thats where the white would be a real disadvantage.

Pictures will have to come much later with weather like this

Perry
You lucky Bugga

Lol

Marty
Old 01-11-2012, 04:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
INSURANCE

Which insurance company did you select? I am currently with Suncorp and my premium has increased to $2500p/a. I am looking at changing, any recommendations?

thanks
h
Old 01-11-2012, 05:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche Cayenne
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
INSURANCE

Which insurance company did you select? I am currently with Suncorp and my premium has increased to $2500p/a. I am looking at changing, any recommendations?

thanks
h
Just car was the cheapest by far for me
Old 01-11-2012, 05:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by RNS-11Z
INSURANCE

thanks
h
Reckon they will have all gone up. I am in Sydney and in the past 12 months I can recall hearing on the news of 2 separate C63 carjackings. Plus a few months ago there was a C63 stolen "to order" from a locked garage while everyone at home and then used in a security van hold up. The car was found trashed/burnt out a few days later.
Will be just like the Audi RS4 insurance premiums a few years back when these were the getaway car of choice for those blokes who were blowing up ATMs. Premiums literally tripled the following year.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Received my c63 coupe at 3pm today. See separate post with photos. It is an awesome car

Perry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 delivery dates - Australia