Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion
I appreciate the heads up on my model mention there. However, the only 63's we've tuned on US shores at this moment are C63s, no E/S/SL/ML. We've tuned 63 motors in other models in the Middle East and abroad, but none in the US.

And believe it or not, we don't really sell a whole ton of tunes. We use them mostly as a final stepping-off point for our custom fabrication builds, to 'tie it all together,' so to speak.

I've already reached out to everybody, and I'm waiting to hear back from a couple still, but as of right now, it seems like a bunk claim. But I'm not going to take this matter any less seriously.
Out of curiosity, for 63-series cars, what custom tuning methods do you employ? Dyno tuning, road/track data logging and tuning, or both?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Out of curiosity, for 63-series cars, what custom tuning methods do you employ? Dyno tuning, road/track data logging and tuning, or both?
We primarily employ dyno tuning for our custom tuning, but we do gather data from on the road as well, as a measure of safety. Every car we've custom tuned has employed both methods thus far.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
We primarily employ dyno tuning for our custom tuning, but we do gather data from on the road as well, as a measure of safety. Every car we've custom tuned has employed both methods thus far.
Very cool.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

everything
On April 27, 2010 Powerchip advised FMU that they were no longer authorised to resell Powerchip products.

On July 1, 2010 FMU advised us that they were purchasing tuned files from...

http://www.aatechnik.co.uk/
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Powerchip
On April 27, 2010 Powerchip advised FMU that they were no longer authorised to resell Powerchip products.

interesting
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by Powerchip

I think people are well aware that we're no longer dealers for your product. During the time we were searching for a new tuner to work with, over a year ago, they were one of the places we were talking to, amongst others.

After spending most of my day on this matter, we've come to the conclusion that no M156 customer between April 28th, 2010 and today have had any issue with their custom tunes or hardware, especially to the degree of the complaint put forth at the outset of this post. We have all the receipts and paperwork to back this up (we are a business and keep books for these sorts of things), and every client I've talked to has expressed satisfaction with our work. We'll probably take the advice given in this thread and lawyer up, we have everything arranged on our end to make a libel suit easy enough for us to pursue.

Thank you for chiming in on this thread, which consists of a bunk claim that had nothing to do with you.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think people are well aware that we're no longer dealers for your product. During the time we were searching for a new tuner to work with, over a year ago, they were one of the places we were talking to, amongst others.

After spending most of my day on this matter, we've come to the conclusion that no M156 customer between April 28th, 2010 and today have had any issue with their custom tunes or hardware, especially to the degree of the complaint put forth at the outset of this post. We have all the receipts and paperwork to back this up (we are a business and keep books for these sorts of things), and every client I've talked to has expressed satisfaction with our work. We'll probably take the advice given in this thread and lawyer up, we have everything arranged on our end to make a libel suit easy enough for us to pursue.

Thank you for chiming in on this thread, which consists of a bunk claim that had nothing to do with you.
If this is a false claim that's about the lowest dirtiest thing I have ever seen. I hope you guys can figure out who posted but that's going to be a tough one.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM

05 C55
This Powerchip or a different one?

http://www.performanceforums.com/for...unch-of-****s&
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM

05 C55
This one?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...epic-fail.html
Old 10-04-2011, 09:23 PM

05 C55
Im so confused now. things were so much easier to figure out before Google came out! good luck OP and everyone involved!

http://www.*********.com/showthread....ne-on-Mercedes
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mkonei
OMG that threat letter was such a joke...I'm still laughing. "A" for effort but "F" for Fail. I have absolutely no issues with PC or Wayne, I ran their tune on my car for a couple years and it performed well but that letter was absolutely comical.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:36 PM

05 C55
Have no experience with them at all...that was simply a Google search. crazy what shows up with Google... nice Black by the way!!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:45 PM

05 C55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWPG...ayer_embedded#!

This one is pretty funny. Sorry to the OP if we are clogging up your thread !
Old 10-04-2011, 10:02 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg

ahahahha
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 PM

12 M156 C204
Originally Posted by cretangod5555
I have been running a FMU tune for the past 4 months or so and have been running smoothly since. I was contacted by fluid today about this issue and it seems to me that this isnt a real issue. FMU stands behind their work 110% as they stated above.
i am impressed that i got 2 calls from fmu asking about my car and the tune this morning.

I have had their tune for roughly 2 months and haven't had any problem or issue. i think the tune is very safe because it's not aggressive at all. the tune can't be aggressive enough to throw out a code or damage engine internals. it is very conservative and safe!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:15 PM

C63 AMG
So according to your theory, Sarge and Tyson are fictitious characters created by an evil tuner to discredit the competition?
It seems that way at times. Yes. Both have started their threads by being vague and stating facts without stating ALL the facts. “Sarge” waited until everyone was going back and forth.. watching people take this or that vendor’s side before coming out with more info. Much of that information was taken from what had already been said on the thread (because he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about). These guys start by saying a certain vendor wronged them in some way without giving enough info upfront…wonder why that is? So let me ask you this question since you always promote yourself as being the mature voice of reason on this site. Which you remind everyone of us with every opportunity you get. Is it right for someone to come on these forums and start accusations towards someone's business by being vague and misleading. Potentially damaging someone livelihood. Hey I’m all about protecting consumer’s rights but the fashion in which it’s being done on here is both reckless and slanderous at times to say the least. You with your “mature and condescending” voice of reason should see that.

Last edited by melmanc55; 10-04-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think those were british accents not aussie....otherwise dead nuts LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
didn't FMU blow an e55 motor?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A few
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
didn't FMU blow an e55 motor?
We did have a situation with a 55K which ran into some issues as stated. However, this is what led us to our ongoing relation with our current tuners, since we were basically left holding the bag on a tune that was from a vendor with a warranty that neither company would honor. That event started our search for a tuner that had the same standards which we represent.

Aside from that, we had our current tuner have a look at that file in respect to the customer and actually found that the car wasn't running anything aggressive or out of the ordinary that would lead to a blown motor. We had to stand behind our previous tuners regardless if the relationship was over.

We've always tried to find the the tuners out there that best represent the quality and dedication which we hold our name. With that said, it has taken a lot of time, energy, and money but our current tuner has proven time and time again that no matter the situation he stands behind the product the way we try stand behind our customers.

I am in no way blaming our previous tuners given that not only did they state the tune was safe, but competitors have confirmed that it was rather mild as well.

Regardless, it was an unfortunate situation that we wish could have ended better for everyone. While we are not proud of the situation, we stand behind the choices and decisions that were made.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MBUSA
sounds like a dealers response to a warranty claim and what I would anticipate from any tuner I've done business with....

Maybe the question we should be asking, is there any tuner out there that has accepted credit for a mechanical failure/blown engine and paid out? Because I would do business with them 1st.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:52 AM

2006 E55
Originally Posted by melmanc55
I know right? Look at the first three posts of the OP. He's not saying s!@# really...just ranting about how someone did him wrong.....oh yeah then he says he is going to sue....reminds me of another OP on a different thread I say 3 more pages to lock down
Originally Posted by melmanc55
It seems that way at times. Yes. Both have started their threads by being vague and stating facts without stating ALL the facts. “Sarge” waited until everyone was going back and forth.. watching people take this or that vendor’s side before coming out with more info. Much of that information was taken from what had already been said on the thread (because he doesn't know what the hell he is talking about). These guys start by saying a certain vendor wronged them in some way without giving enough info upfront…wonder why that is? So let me ask you this question since you always promote yourself as being the mature voice of reason on this site. Which you remind everyone of us with every opportunity you get. Is it right for someone to come on these forums and start accusations towards someone's business by being vague and misleading. Potentially damaging someone livelihood. Hey I’m all about protecting consumer’s rights but the fashion in which it’s being done on here is both reckless and slanderous at times to say the least. You with your “mature and condescending” voice of reason should see that.
You need to go back to school and take a reading comprehension class there "Mel". You sound like a WHINING 5'5" geek with a pencil in his front pocket. Do you still live at home with mom and dad you amateur?? No body cares about your whining babbling "slanderous" opinion.

My post was clear and NOT vague at all. If any one is making false accusations now it is you!! Your completely speculating the point of my thread. If you didnt like it just walk away. You dont need to add your worthless 2 cents. The post was clearly dyno test results reflecting the power differences and most important the Air Fuel ratios. Did you miss that part there genius?? Did you bother to analyze the leaness of the one tune?? Instead of you and your girlfriend Proputz taking on the crusade for justice on this forum and one other maybe you should have looked at how dangerously lean that tune was. There was nothing reckless and slanderous about that you putz. To answer your question moron ... yea someone does have the right to come on here and post. If they are vague in your opinion....so what??! Who made you the hall monitor!!???

Get a girlfriend ...or boyfriend...Texas goat...whatever and do something more productive with your time than spend it babbling on the internet about people and subjects you are clueless of.....you tree hugging, latte drinking Volvo driving do gooder.

Last edited by sgtstanko; 10-05-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by sgtstanko
You need to take go back to school and take a reading comprhension class. You sound like a WHINING 5'5" geek with a pencil in his pocket. Do you still live at home with mom and dad you amateur. No body cares about your whining babbling opinion.

My post was clear and NOT vague. The post was clear dyno test showing the power differences and differences in Air Fuel ratios. Did you miss that part there genius?? There was nothing reckless and slanderous about that you putz. To answer your question moron ... yea someone does have the right to come on here and post. If they are vague....so what??! Who made you the hall monitor!!???

Get a girlfriend ...or boyfriend... and do something more productive with your time than talk crp about others you dont know.....you tree hugging, latte drinking do gooder.
Triple word score for use of the word "putz"
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,

I remember a while ago when all this was still hot. This wayne....funny dudelol I mean I still dont get what was his problem. However all the lawyer up stuff he made up was quite funny. But seriously I think it wasnt such a good idea for Besanko to be such an ******* in public forum.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by GHAZAN
sounds like a dealers response to a warranty claim and what I would anticipate from any tuner I've done business with....

Maybe the question we should be asking, is there any tuner out there that has accepted credit for a mechanical failure/blown engine and paid out? Because I would do business with them 1st.
Believe it or not, Back in 2006 a company called HPS (High Performance Systems) owned by Adam paid to rebuild my friends 2001 CL55 after their SC kit blew the motor. Actually HPS (SC kit maker), MechTech (Installer) and Eurorev (Tuner) all split the repair costs that totaled $8K. But all three companies are now OUT of business today.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:15 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by cretangod5555
I have been running a FMU tune for the past 4 months or so and have been running smoothly since. I was contacted by fluid today about this issue and it seems to me that this isnt a real issue. FMU stands behind their work 110% as they stated above.
How can you be so sure? Are you willing to vouch for them and then if something goes wrong with any costumers car, will you cover the expenses? Just because you think everything is perfect it doesn't necessarily mean it actually is. Not trying to say that its FMU fault or that they might be a bad company (they might be a great company), but we cant rule that out just because you and couple other guys say FMU took care of you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fluid MotorUnion complete failure!