Sponsored by:

ADV Trakfunction wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
ADV Trakfunction wheels

Does anyone have this variety of wheel on their C63? I am considering this wheel for my new C63 but have questions on their strength and whether or not they will do anything to inhibit the performance of the car. I am considering 19x8.5 fronts and 19x9.5 rears. I know 1 piece forged are the strongest, and I am considering these as well. I kind of like the look of a small lipped wheel, but I don't want to sacrifice performance for looks. I want light weight, and enough strength for spirited driving with no performance restrictions. Does anyone know of any reason NOT to consider these wheels?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
adv1 trakfunction wheels are good wheels. adv is a top tier wheel manufacturer and you wont have to worry about holding back on them. i will throw some caution to u though. take light weight with a grain of salt with adv. there are lots of brands out there that are lighter and less expensive. i have to admit, adv has the hottest wheels on the market looks wise but they can be a bunch of arrogant *****s. i consider them to be the jersey shores of califonia. their wheels are awesome looking though.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
There is a huge thread on M3Post on ADV and how they claim they have certain certifications but will not post evidence. It is actually looking badly for them as other wheel companies will provide evidence of certification and ADV won't on the basis that someone might forge the document they post online

In my opinion, ADV is not in the same league as HRE and Klassen. They have great looking wheels but others offer wheels that are much lighter and arguably stronger. Not saying ADV isn't quality, it is, but more show than go IMO.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by gthal

In my opinion, ADV is not in the same league as HRE and Klassen. They have great looking wheels but others offer wheels that are much lighter and arguably stronger. Not saying ADV isn't quality, it is, but more show than go IMO.
+1

also try looking at dpe, forgeline or volk/rays

Last edited by CELLryuu; 11-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by CELLryuu
adv1 trakfunction wheels are good wheels. adv is a top tier wheel manufacturer and you wont have to worry about holding back on them. i will throw some caution to u though. take light weight with a grain of salt with adv. there are lots of brands out there that are lighter and less expensive. i have to admit, adv has the hottest wheels on the market looks wise but they can be a bunch of arrogant *****s. i consider them to be the jersey shores of califonia. their wheels are awesome looking though.
My other wheel consideration is The Volk G2's. I know these are light and strong. I heard the ADV's were just as light (around 21 lbs a wheel), is this not true? The cost for the VR G2's is about the same as the ADV's, but I'm not interested in the ADV's if the weight isn't what they say it is, or they are not strong enough under full performance of the vehicle.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:21 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by Strafe1
My other wheel consideration is The Volk G2's. I know these are light and strong. I heard the ADV's were just as light (around 21 lbs a wheel), is this not true? The cost for the VR G2's is about the same as the ADV's, but I'm not interested in the ADV's if the weight isn't what they say it is, or they are not strong enough under full performance of the vehicle.
weight....about 6 months ago i was going to get some adv's because they just look awesome!!!! i tried to put an order in with them but they never got back with me. then i started asking around to some of the sponsors on this sight. i cant remember exactly what they said but it was something like this. we dont have any weights on the adv's for the c63 but they are not as light as other wheels in there class.

hopefully one of the sponsors on this site will jump in here and clear this up. i would personally like to know. i know some people on this site have gotten adv's since my last inquiry. hopefully they can shed some light on this.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:23 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by gthal
There is a huge thread on M3Post on ADV and how they claim they have certain certifications but will not post evidence. It is actually looking badly for them as other wheel companies will provide evidence of certification and ADV won't on the basis that someone might forge the document they post online

My price point won't allow me to consider the HRE's or Klassen's. I would get the HRE's if they were in my budget for the car. So I have narrowed it down to the Forgestar F14's, the Volk G2's and the ADV5.0 Trackfunctions. The Forgestars are a bit too heavy, compared to the Volk's. I thought the ADV's were in the same ball park as the Volk's, but I haven't seen any independent weight measurements, and I am not sure of their strength under performance. The look I am going for is a black wheel with a polished lip (kinda like the MB european promo ad) because my car is the C63C, white, with P31. All three have the correct fitments and photos of these wheels on the car all look good to me. I appreciate everyone's feedback!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
tried to order and they never got back to you? hmmm....falling back into their old ways of 360 forged? no wait they would have taken your money and not delivered wheels if they went back to the old business plan.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
weight....about 6 months ago i was going to get some adv's because they just look awesome!!!! i tried to put an order in with them but they never got back with me. then i started asking around to some of the sponsors on this sight. i cant remember exactly what they said but it was something like this. we dont have any weights on the adv's for the c63 but they are not as light as other wheels in there class.

hopefully one of the sponsors on this site will jump in here and clear this up. i would personally like to know. i know some people on this site have gotten adv's since my last inquiry. hopefully they can shed some light on this.
Yeah, I've only seen ADV's numbers which state about 19-21 lbs per wheel (19"). That is hard to believe in a 3-piece wheel.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by JeffDL
tried to order and they never got back to you? hmmm....falling back into their old ways of 360 forged? no wait they would have taken your money and not delivered wheels if they went back to the old business plan.
I was thinking of using WheelsBoutique (or a dealer like them), and not go directly through ADV.

I'm not sure I should have name dropped. Sorry if that is against the rules.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
either way still adv.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
VOLK's are track proven wheels, they use them on the JGTC race cars, Formula 1, ALMS, etc....
ADV.1's are mostly for looks.

Id go with the VOLK's if your looking for more perfomance.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
I'm suprise you said ADV Trakfunction wheels are actually cheaper then HREs? I thought ADV wheels are just ridiculous when it comes to pricing.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:01 PM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
I'm suprise you said ADV Trakfunction wheels are actually cheaper then HREs? I thought ADV wheels are just ridiculous when it comes to pricing.
oh no....the trakfunction adv can be as much as 2500 a piece. the hre's are much more reasonable priced.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by 1Lop2K5C
They're both expensive but ADV.1's pricing is insane.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:10 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63

kind of agree: after they figured out I didn't want 20's they kind of just stopped emailing me and I never heard from them, true, you'll pay around 10K for a set of their wheels.......I wasn't gonna beg 'em you know? LOL
Old 11-04-2011, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63
adv.1 makes an overpriced cast wheel as well maybe he's talking about those?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:24 PM

n/a
HRE FTW
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by JeffDL
adv.1 makes an overpriced cast wheel as well maybe he's talking about those?
Maybe you're confusing the TrakFunctions with the Track Spec's. The TrakFunctions can be had for around 900 a wheel. They are 3 piece forged wheels.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:44 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
oh no....the trakfunction adv can be as much as 2500 a piece. the hre's are much more reasonable priced.
I haven't seen the TrakFunctions anywhere near that high. They were developed to be an affordable alternative to other 3 piece forged wheels. The website explains how they keep costs down. I just want to know if they are well made, as light as advertised, and durable for spirited driving. My price range is around 5300, with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and TPMS all around. Already been quoted the prices. Again, just hoping someone has a little bit more personal knowledge of these wheels. Thanks for all the input!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:48 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
Originally Posted by _AMG_
They're both expensive but ADV.1's pricing is insane.
They really are expensive. I was quoted both...the HRE's (P43's) were 300 more per wheel.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 AM

C63 AMG Coupe P31
I haven't seen the TrakFunctions anywhere near that high. They were developed to be an affordable alternative to other 3 piece forged wheels. The website explains how they keep costs down. I just want to know if they are well made, as light as advertised, and durable for spirited driving. My price range is around 5300, with Michelin Pilot Super Sports and TPMS all around. Already been quoted the prices. Again, just hoping someone has a little bit more personal knowledge of these wheels. Thanks for all the input!
your wright. i was quating the trak spec wheels. the trakfunctional wheels are much less. still....id get dpe or hre before that.

http://www.execstudio.com/products_wheels_adv1.htm
Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 PM

2021 E63 S Sedan
I really wish I could found out the Trackfunction wheel weights from someone other than ADV. e weight is important to me. Probably not a lot of distributors selling these to have the info available.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 / CLS63
with ANY company out there, they cannot give you an exact weight unless that exact configuration has been made previously and they weighed it. every design weighs a different amount, back pad pocketing, spoke pocketing, finishing.. so many variables. From what I've seen on m3post a member with a set of 19's weighed 21-22lbs on the trackfunction so i would say 20-24 is a safe assumption.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
It really depends what lightening options you pay for on the wheel. Your standard optioned wheel will be just like any of the other 3-piece wheels in the industry. Add titanium hardware and extra race prep and you are looking at a much lighter wheel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ADV Trakfunction wheels