Sponsored by:

C63 AMG owners gift from MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG, 2012 C300 4matic, 2008 E92 M3
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Congrats on both cars! How do you like the switch? A letter thanking you showing some appreciation never hurt anyone. I mean, look at Bimmerpost.com, it is much more active then this site. BMW has more of a following because advertises performance and handling while MB advertises luxury and safety. If you notice, many new M3 owners are 16 year old's with a car that daddy bought them. They really don't know what anything else is.

The average age of a 3 series buy is 40 but the younger folks also tend to buy BMW's for their performance.
Funny you mentioned it. Back then (7+ years ago) when I was on the market for a Euro auto, my choices where Audi, BMW and Porsche. If you noticed that MBZ was not in that list. The reason was that I didn't like the styling back then. The old MBZ styling was way too old for my taste until the new shape of the CLS came out. Followed by the new shape of the E and C class. The current MBZ styling is more atuned to younger drivers with a touch of luxury.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by Choy
Funny you mentioned it. Back then (7+ years ago) when I was on the market for a Euro auto, my choices where Audi, BMW and Porsche. If you noticed that MBZ was not in that list. The reason was that I didn't like the styling back then. The old MBZ styling was way too old for my taste until the new shape of the CLS came out. Followed by the new shape of the E and C class. The current MBZ styling is more atuned to younger drivers with a touch of luxury.
This is what will help bring MBZ back into the game. I just hope they don't pull a BMW with the AMG Division. ///M use to stand for something a couple years ago. Now, everyone and their grandma has one.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Congrats on the C63, I'm leaving the BMW family as well into my first MB.

I always thought that BMW did it to try and keep their customers by 'ooing and ahhing' them. I wonder why MBZ won't adopt something like that. I'm not in it for the gifts, it's just interesting that MBZ won't do something like that. I got a CF pen when I had my 3 series, and a USB for the 5er, and 6er.
Congrats on the 63 and I remember you from e90. I owned several BMWs and never received a thing. When I bought the 63 I received a $100 saks card and 2 free nights at the Wynn.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
We get gifts from MB Germany for doing surveys on a regular basis. So far we have gotten several cool sets of pens, USB drive (looks like an MB key), Coffee table books and I think the best one so far a portable cooler and grill. Now I can BBQ on my way to Laguna Seca.