C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neighbor left a note on my windshield...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Hydroponic. I'm in BC so I know. We got lots of it.

Other signs? Foil on the windows and several satellite dishes. Gotta have sumpin to do in there.
Although I was born here they still sent me to ESL language classes for spelling.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I got a complaint from my neighbor when i had the full supersprint exhaust on my ML 63 because it had set off his alarm on his lexus and it didn't go off so he couldn't start the car and go to work...
Of course i apologized and started parking outside instead. For me that was the only reasonable thing to do. Continuing to park inside and set off alarms every cold start just wasn't an option.
It's good that you take this complaint seriously and aren't flipping them off. Nasty neighbor relationships can be...agitating.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
JM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Hydroponic. I'm in BC so I know. We got lots of it.

Other signs? Foil on the windows and several satellite dishes. Gotta have sumpin to do in there.
My windows are foiled up!

This is because I broke my blinds and I found out foil kept the light out when I m sleeping late
Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
My story has evryone beat. I live in a snobby neighborhood in a snobby suburb of Chicago. I own lots of modded car, trucks, sport bikes and Harleys. The neighbors have been complaining about me and my friends Harleys for years. So about a year ago I get a letter from my home owners association claiming they are filing a formal complaint about the decible levels of my vehicles and the time of night (mid-night -3 am) that I return home at night LOL....wait it gets better. I brush off the letter and continue about my business. I then get a letter from the home owners assoc attorney stating that I am in violation of some BS code and they are going to try to force me out of my home (I own it ). I forward to my attorney and he laughs his *** off, tells me to not worry about it. A week later I get pulled over by the cops in my BS, he writes me a ticket for loud exhaust and modified exhaust. During the writing of the citation he stuck these sticks into my mufflers, but they didn't go far because although I am running LTs and cat delete I am running bone stock AMG mufflers. So I go to court and fight the ticket, I step up, plead not guilty the judge calls up the officer and instanly the officer insists I am running modified and not street legal muffler. I say your honor I own a veryvery rare high performance Mercedes, the judge asks "which model" I say CLK63 Black Series, judge says "YOU OWN A BLACK SERIES?? I say yes. Judge asks have you modified your mufflers, I say no your honor, I even have photos of my muffflers and we can walk out to the parking lot and you can see they are stock and I have a letter from my dealership stating they are original equipment mufflers. The judge loks at the cop and says why do you think they are modified, the cop says "that's the loudest mercedes I've ever heard in my life, it sounds like a Jet airplane. The judge turns to me and says case dismissed then proceeds to chew the cops *** for 5 minutes about wasting the tax payers money, wasting the courts time and the judges time. It was friggin hilarious.

The best part was I never lied, they only asked about my mufflers and they are stock. Thank god the judge was a car guy, what are the odds? I have not heard from my home owners assoc since LOL.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by jrcart
My story has evryone beat. I live in a snobby neighborhood in a snobby suburb of Chicago. I own lots of modded car, trucks, sport bikes and Harleys. The neighbors have been complaining about me and my friends Harleys for years. So about a year ago I get a letter from my home owners association claiming they are filing a formal complaint about the decible levels of my vehicles and the time of night (mid-night -3 am) that I return home at night LOL....wait it gets better. I brush off the letter and continue about my business. I then get a letter from the home owners assoc attorney stating that I am in violation of some BS code and they are going to try to force me out of my home (I own it ). I forward to my attorney and he laughs his *** off, tells me to not worry about it. A week later I get pulled over by the cops in my BS, he writes me a ticket for loud exhaust and modified exhaust. During the writing of the citation he stuck these sticks into my mufflers, but they didn't go far because although I am running LTs and cat delete I am running bone stock AMG mufflers. So I go to court and fight the ticket, I step up, plead not guilty the judge calls up the officer and instanly the officer insists I am running modified and not street legal muffler. I say your honor I own a veryvery rare high performance Mercedes, the judge asks "which model" I say CLK63 Black Series, judge says "YOU OWN A BLACK SERIES?? I say yes. Judge asks have you modified your mufflers, I say no your honor, I even have photos of my muffflers and we can walk out to the parking lot and you can see they are stock and I have a letter from my dealership stating they are original equipment mufflers. The judge loks at the cop and says why do you think they are modified, the cop says "that's the loudest mercedes I've ever heard in my life, it sounds like a Jet airplane. The judge turns to me and says case dismissed then proceeds to chew the cops *** for 5 minutes about wasting the tax payers money, wasting the courts time and the judges time. It was friggin hilarious.

The best part was I never lied, they only asked about my mufflers and they are stock. Thank god the judge was a car guy, what are the odds? I have not heard from my home owners assoc since LOL.
hilarious...omg so funny
Old 11-23-2011, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic

Sounds to me like you are extremely inconsiderate of the neighbors and they had a very good reason to complain. I am by no means trying to start an argument or a flame war, just trying pointing out how this story comes off to me.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K

sounds like it was a set up since they knew they couldnt throw you out of your own home, they figured they try to get you a hefty fine and the judge would make you remove them knowing that you'd go to court to fight it.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Originally Posted by black-clk500
Lmfao

If you know who it is just tell them there's nothing you can do about it and be polite--you don't want them Fu<king with your car

BTW you leave way too early for work
Agree with this but I would at least turn the car so it looks like you gave it the ole college try. Otherwise I got a funny feeling it's nails/screws under tires or key pin striping coming right up.

Good luck.