Sponsored by:

c63 first car?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
He already has 2011 A4 and 750Li M so I don't think he is looking something cheap. I wish I had all this kind of car when i was his age. My first car was a 12 years old Pontiac GranDan for $500 from a friend.... last only 1 month due engine oil leaking then low oil then the engine die. I suggest keep the A4 since its a new car and AWD god for winter drive. It has more than enough power. I find myself more danger driving when I drive my E55K than my wife mini van because the car is capable of going faster in few second of time. The faster car you have, the fast you will drive and you will endanger yourself and others. Get an AMG after 2 to 3 years of driving experience first. Good luck !
Old 12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
I call BS on this whole thread troll! He could drive it to a MB dealer and they would write him a check for in the neighborhood of $41- 43000! Stick to the BMW!

09s go thru auction for @ $45000!

Shouldnt you be in school right now?

Last edited by emoving; 12-01-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W463 G500, 2003 Terminator Cobra (710RWHP), 2012 S350 Bluetec, 2010 911 C4S, 2007 VRSCDX
Originally Posted by emoving
I call BS on this whole thread troll! He could drive it to a MB dealer and they would write him a check for in the neighborhood of $41- 43000! Stick to the BMW!

Agreed Blackbook on that car is over $30000.

If its too good to be true it is.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still debating on it (only 16)
Originally Posted by emoving

Okay, I came here made a account wrote all of this because I just want to know? Guys he is my across the street neighbor and practically a uncle to me. He loves his c63 but has to get rid of it so he actually wants to give it someone he knows. C'mon I wouldn't waste my time like that.

Last edited by Jasperr; 12-01-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W463 G500, 2003 Terminator Cobra (710RWHP), 2012 S350 Bluetec, 2010 911 C4S, 2007 VRSCDX
Fair enough but why would he leave $10k on the table? Nobody leaves money on the table, nobody. You arent related, but maybe he is so loaded he doesnt give a flyng F (I have seen this), however you said he is strapped for cash.

For $30k something isnt right
Old 12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by W109 W211 6.2L
Fair enough but why would he leave $10k on the table? Nobody leaves money on the table, nobody. You arent related, but maybe he is so loaded he doesnt give a flyng F (I have seen this), however you said he is strapped for cash.

For $30k something isnt right

That is what I thought at first, like somethings has obviously has to be wrong with the car for it to be this cheap. I've been in it everything is fine it seems. If you want to know this man's life story, he is going through a huge divorce and he wants $30,000 for the car as soon as possible. I don't really understand why but once again this guy is like a uncle to me therefore I do trust him. Anyways I am trying to get information on this car as a 1st car. If you have any information that could help me that would be great.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by AKnight55
Thats a really good deal for sure.. Way too fast for a first car/ 16 year old.. If you dont respect the car, then you could seriously injure yourself or someone else.
I agree it's a lot of car, with a lot of power for a first car. Of course, people at most any age can adapt to the power when they get used to it over time.

This situation somewhat reminds me of the female, elderly owners of the 65TT cars that I see driving around. You're just can't help but wonder, "do these people know how much power is lurking under their hoods?"
Old 12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Agree that this sounds too good to be true. With that said, imagine a 21 year old behind the wheel of this car...then subtract 5 years...it's just scary to me. Any high-powered car, especially one that is RWD, requires experience and restraint - two qualities that we all know teenage boys sorely lack.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM

I am not going to lie if i was to have this car I would go somewhat faster when it is the time to go fast. I would never overdo it tho. Do you guys just think I am just saying that because I want the car and once I get it if I do get it, it will be to tempting to not go fast. I really can't tell.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Originally Posted by Jasperr
Do any of you guys know if there is anything i could do as in "lessons" (not to sound like a *****) or anything to get me used to this car? This is a really good deal and i dont want to let it go, but if my saftey is at risk to much then i will obviously have to let it go
Having better skills is good.

Lewis Hamilton is a pretty good driver. He is 25. Here is how a C63 allowed his bad judgement to show up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rix-track.html

If you leave the traction control on all the time, the car is pretty good about catching you when you run out of skill.

There is nothing in the car that prevents bad judgement. 16 year olds have A LOT MORE bad judgement than a 25 year old. Bad judgement shows up more often when you do not have respect for the car, as mentioned by another poster.

Show this thread to your parents. They have a better read on your ability to show good judgement than you do.

Also, it does have some maintenance costs and you should get an insurance quote.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
I am not going to lie if i was to have this car I would go somewhat faster when it is the time to go fast. I would never overdo it tho. Do you guys just think I am just saying that because I want the car and once I get it if I do get it, it will be to tempting to not go fast. I really can't tell.
Sure when you start driving you probably wont go too fast. its when you get confident after a couple years of driving that you start to get cocky, and thats when you get in trouble imo.

At least for me, my first car was an acura rsx. didnt have an accident the first year i had it, didnt even speed that much (but i did do auto x and take it to the race track) but then a couple months after, i went on this mountain road and got a little cocky and totaled the car.

Any car can be dangerous when your not careful. I have a friend total his hyundai elantra at 120mph. and then I also have a friend who had an audi tts as his first car and never gets into an accident because he is careful with it. You just have to control yourself but obviously with a powerful car like a c63 the temptation is there.

I think the biggest worry is about the insurance cost since a 16 year old with no driving experience will cost alot to insure (unless it was under your parents of course)
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Just look at it honestly and you will know the answer. These cars have 450/443 hp/tq. The don't have good traction with the stock tires. The engine is N/A so the throttle response is near instant. The engine revs so fast. The car picks up speed very, very rapidly, especially when you mash the throttle from 60 mph on up.

Of course, you can putt around town as slow as you want. You have all the control in the world, it just depends on your right foot.

I think technically anyone can drive this car safely. But, the temptation to speed is there, and when you are in your teens there is usually plenty of feelings of invincibility, because you haven't had your share of close calls yet, and as you get older with more responsibility, when you stand to lose, you stand to lose more than when you're 16-years-old. It's all part of growing up.

If you get this car, you better respect it--no joke. All cars have the potential to be weapons. This car has more potential than most cars on the road.

Treat this car with respect and you'll be fine, or get a less powerful car and learn how to drive. You will become a much better driver over time.

Also, peer pressure is very real. Don't ever let one of your friends drive this car if you get it.

I know I sound like an old man, but you live and learn.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by natman316
Sure when you start driving you probably wont go too fast. its when you get confident after a couple years of driving that you start to get cocky, and thats when you get in trouble imo.

At least for me, my first car was an acura rsx. didnt have an accident the first year i had it, didnt even speed that much (but i did do auto x and take it to the race track) but then a couple months after, i went on this mountain road and got a little cocky and totaled the car.

Any car can be dangerous when your not careful. I have a friend total his hyundai elantra at 120mph. and then I also have a friend who had an audi tts as his first car and never gets into an accident because he is careful with it. You just have to control yourself but obviously with a powerful car like a c63 the temptation is there.

I think the biggest worry is about the insurance cost since a 16 year old with no driving experience will cost alot to insure (unless it was under your parents of course)
My parents said if they do decide to get this for me that they will put it under there name. What do you exactly mean by "cocky" driving wise. What are some things a cocky driver would do?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
My parents said if they do decide to get this for me that they will put it under there name. What do you exactly mean by "cocky" driving wise. What are some things a cocky driver would do?
go too fast, drift, burnout, trying to be in the next fast and furious etc etc etc
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM

Does anybody know how much different(Speed wise) this car is than the 2011 750li M package? I know its a completely different car but I really don't have enough experience with cars yet to know just by the 0-60, bhp, tq, etc. When I drive the 750 it is very fast but I always feel like I am in control. (haven't been to fast yet tho also)
Old 12-01-2011, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 GTS Solar
Does anybody know how much different(Speed wise) this car is than the 2011 750li M package? I know its a completely different car but I really don't have enough experience with cars yet to know just by the 0-60, bhp, tq, etc. When I drive the 750 it is very fast but I always feel like I am in control. (haven't been to fast yet tho also)
These are all questions that can be answered by doing a simple google search on the specs of both cars.

This isn't a knock on you but your naivete alone tells me you're not mature or experienced enough for a car like this.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
I haven't driven the BMW 750 but it's a much heavier car and probably has less power, so it's slower and easier to control, and harder to accelerate as fast as a C63.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
I have to say i don't think it's the right choice for you. This kind of car requires (imo) a lot of basic driving experience. My first car was a 1997 Opel Astra :P It is a good deal money wise, and i do understand the fascination. I just think it might be a bit too much.
Either way, i think you should discuss it with your parents who are (probably?) the ones paying for the car in the end. If you're responsible it might even work..

As for the snow, it's gonna be a real challenge for you, especially in this car. Another reason why i do not recommend it.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:07 PM

2010 C63, 2014 E63
my first car was the c63 i was 16 im 18 now and i still have the car didnt take that long for me to get used to the power i know what cars can do to you so i respected the car. what you have to do is not be an a$$ on the streets or anywhere else. know your limits. people are gonna think you are a douche, d*ck, spoiled, etc. for having a car at such a young age til they meet you. ive met a lot of people whos first impression of me as an young spoiled kid who is a douche but they describe me as the nicest humble kid with a nice car. in my area theres a lot of 16 year olds who has nice cars in the same category as the c63 who ive grown up with and had they're license suspended cars been keyed. just remember know your limits and stay safe
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
This is mistake #1, you are never in control, you may think you are but you're not. It just happens that at that moment in time the car agrees with you, but that can change in an instant.
Trust me, I took down a ligh pole with a civic once, not a good memory. And it started with my friend siting next to me and just say; look, mustang, go get him. Very stupid of him and of me.
Although 750 M is fast it does not feel as quick as 63. 63 is lighter and in my opinion more responsive. So things can change from what you think in control to oh *****, wall, very fast.
It can be as easy as switching lanes on the highway from midle to far lef and punching it. You can easily fishtail and end up in a wall or someone else. Specially in the cold months of winter I've spun tires in a clk500 a number of times on the highway.

Basically what everyone here is telling you that there is a very small chance that this will be 100% okay. At some point, and statistics don't lie, you will do something stupid. At that point is all a matter of a chance how bad it turns out.
If you truly believe that you can refrain from punching it, going crazy when changing lanes, racing, listening or showing off to your friends and others than by all means enjoy your self.
But don't ever forget for a moment what can happen with this much power, and for that matter, in any vehicle if you are being stupid.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 EQE 43 AMG SUV
Actually after reading all posts i do have to agree that it most probably is a terrible idea. You can get yourself killed in any car, but some make it easier than others. That M5 story made me sick.
Don't get it. I can see that you want it, and based on your writings you're trying to rationalize it. Point is that this is a terrible winter car. with 600 nm of torque on a slippery road disaster isn't far away. stick to the quattro audi for now. Would hate to hear that something horrible happened to you. Take care and drive safe.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM

'10 C300
I am 16 now and my first car was a Lexus GS300. I got my license about 3 weeks ago and was very excited to drive. You will always have the ease to push your car since you are alone in the car and nobody will scold at you for going to fast. Trust me, you will have this temptation because I've had it happen. Did I go fast? To be honest, indeed I did, but only when no one was around. I am not going to lie, I do accelerate fast but I keep it controlled if that makes sense. Others may bash on me saying another young boy thinking he knows it all. I really don't, I have much to learn but my dad always made me drive the family around and on trips to get more experienced. I've had hundreds of hours of driving already and my parents trust me enough to buy me a 2012 C-350. They won't even let me get a used IS-F or C-63 because they know I will try something. Another thing to consider is when your with friends, you will feel like you have adrenaline in your body and will drive like crazy. Just another thing to consider. All in all, if you can resist temptation then this is a perfect deal for you. But if you cannot resist temptation. Let it pass, other opportunities will be available.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by malahhaor
This is mistake #1, you are never in control, you may think you are but you're not.
BS. While you can not always control your surroundings, if you are a wise driver, you are constantly reviewing your situation, looking for danger, other poor drivers, changing road conditions, etc. Obviously, you should always be in control of your own vehicle.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by Oliverk
BS. While you can not always control your surroundings, if you are a wise driver, you are constantly reviewing your situation, looking for danger, other poor drivers, changing road conditions, etc. Obviously, you should always be in control of your own vehicle.
He was talking about driving aggressively and feeling like he's in control.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Ultima GTR
Originally Posted by Oliverk
BS. There are plenty of people that don't want to die, and end up hitting ditches, poles, other cars, etc. due to showing off for bystanders/friends/girls etc. If the OP can resist temptation and peer pressure every time, then he should be ok.
Yes, you're exactly right and reinforce my point mate, if his attitude is right and he "doesn't want to die", he won't. eg, he resists the temptation to be a dick until he has some experience. (not that I condone being a dick anyway haha)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: c63 first car?!