Sponsored by:

C63 Black Pricing Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Very well said Dave!! I wish I could afford this car, but it wont happens unless I win lottery... but then if I win lottery, I would have so much choices in what car I want to buy... so you are absolutely right, it's all about personal preferences.

Originally Posted by harrower
Guys,

This thread is turning for the worse. I see little value in all these comparisons between BS, GTRs, 911s etc. Some points to think about:
  • Is the BS worth the money? Who know, who cares. Many high performance cars are not "worth" the price they charge, but that is the market. If you have the $ and want a BS then get one. It is usually the people who can't afford one are usually the ones rag on about how expensive it is - not trying to sound snobby here but get off of it.
  • Times - all BS! Times at Laguna, Nordschliefe etc are all done by Pros. The biggest variable in lap times is the driver, not the car. Are we all so high on our driving abilities? Candidly I have been handed my a-- by Bernd Schneider, Thomas Jager, Susies Stoddart, Bernd Maylander and others at ADA events in Europe and they were usually driving a car 2-3 levels down from what I was driving. Nothing like having Schneider push you in a SLS when he is driving a C63! It is all about the dirver until the top 5% of where the car/tires abilities show up.
To close, is the car expensive? Yes. Is it overpriced? Most likely. But at the end of the day it is about market demand, desire to own the car and have fun with it and what it is designed for. Other brands/models...there are ton of great cars out there and they have great performance. But this is all personal preference and there is no wrong or right choice here.

Dave
Old 12-06-2011, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I don't think there is much disrespect. This is a discussion forum after all.
I agree with harrower's point that it all comes down to personal preferences. Some people have pockets deep enough that they don't care if the car is 90K or 120K. They will buy it because they want one. More power to them.
For most of us, we do cross shopping and at that price point, there are plenty of other cars that could be viewed as better choices depending on what fancies your brain.
What I also disagree with is that some people here is think that the BS is in the same league of a GTR. That is simply not the case.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw e-60 550i,bmw e-92 m3, c63coupe p31, stable of Italian stallions MV's
When a car fanatic buys a car, they look at it in a methodical way.(value, performance,prefrence of chioce of the individual and exclusivity ).The black series will be it , if the value and the exclusivity is in place, without dilution of brand(station wagon ). The price for value would be under 100k base. The gt-r is all, but not exclusive. Porsches gt3's are all in one. But I'd like a black only with the correct variables . Jmo
Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Cars
I would consider myself a car fanatic and when I want a car I just buy it (understanding not everyone does that of course), it doesn't have to be a great value or have great performance, and exclusiveness I could care less about. I like the BS I don't like the GTR - so I bought the BS, problem solved lol.

Last edited by Agent_Oorange; 12-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM

I guess it depends if you were born into money, or your self made ..
Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM

GL 550
mvaugusta,

I have been reading this thread and dude you have to stop being such a preachy douche.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Cars
Originally Posted by mvagusta
I guess it depends if you were born into money, or your self made ..
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize my banker is a member of these forums and would be be privy to my financial life and hence qualified to make such outlandish statements.

FWIW I drive a Subaru with hail damage as my daily driver - might want to think twice about your assumption lol
Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 PM

i think the black series is beautiful and will sell out regardless the price. a fully loaded C Black Series car cost about the same as the CLK BS, but the C63 BS is a better car and it is a better economy. the car is also much more rare right now then the CLK which makes it a nice bang for its buck if you ask me. Haters hate elsewhere.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Ok down payment and approval done for 100k. Waiting for allocation information. Can MB regional mangers get allocations from other regions ? I never had so much confusion. I wonder of MB is weighing the response of buyers with the black? When are base number prices due for public view? If this don't work I'll think about a CL550. Wierd,
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by emericr
I don't think there is much disrespect. This is a discussion forum after all.
I agree with harrower's point that it all comes down to personal preferences. Some people have pockets deep enough that they don't care if the car is 90K or 120K. They will buy it because they want one. More power to them.
For most of us, we do cross shopping and at that price point, there are plenty of other cars that could be viewed as better choices depending on what fancies your brain.
What I also disagree with is that some people here is think that the BS is in the same league of a GTR. That is simply not the case.
You are just jealous of people, now being able to actually buy C63 that will look better, is in the same and even better league then GTR and will beat it easily with few bolt on mods on any given track. You **** me off with this attitude like as if BS is way below the GTR level. Something must be wrong with you and I can explain it to myself.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Originally Posted by Djovovic63
You are just jealous of people, now being able to actually buy C63 that will look better, is in the same and even better league then GTR and will beat it easily with few bolt on mods on any given track. You **** me off with this attitude like as if BS is way below the GTR level. Something must be wrong with you and I can explain it to myself.
Where do I start with your childish comment. It is so far out there
Keep drinking your cool aid thinking a stock 2012 BS is in the same league as a stock 2012 GTR.
Why don't you read this little article and educate yourself
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...wo-second-club
As far as being jealous, maybe you should learn how to use the forum and read some of my posts and you shall find I have no such feeling.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Where do I start with your childish comment. It is so far out there
Keep drinking your cool aid thinking a stock 2012 BS is in the same league as a stock 2012 GTR.
Why don't you read this little article and educate yourself
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/co...wo-second-club
As far as being jealous, maybe you should learn how to use the forum and read some of my posts and you shall find I have no such feeling.
I am not saying ur previous posts show any feelings of you being jealous. But the feeling I got in this thread its one that has something to do being jealous. I might be completely wrong.

But you cant state that GTR is in another league cause it very simply isn't. Never will be. It it actually less exclusive by light years and it will perform worse on any given track if you mod the two in the best possible way. BTW, what is up with that video and the article? Are you trying to make me think/learn after I read the article, that GTR is in the same league as those cars above, and thus way better the C63 Black Series? Well that statement is as much true, as is saying that C63 Black Series is not on the same level as GTR - that GTR is better. If you were a bit more intelligent (not saying that you aren't intelligent at all, you definitely are, but not enough needed to realize following) you would realize from the article that even PP C63 coupe can almost stick with GTR from 0 - 100mph. Not much slower, and the difference is mainly because GTR launches so good due to its all wheel drive alongside launch control. Now I bet if the driver was exactly the same, then around any given track, the GTR wont make such difference, not even close as much as seen on Nordschleife lap times. They ****ing drove the GTR 10.000 times, probably putting kamikaze inspired race driver to get the times they did, while the C63 AMG PP wasn't even driven around it to have the time, and the normal C63 AMG was driven maybe twice, and probably someone like Jeremy Clarkson was driving it or should I say drifting it around Nordschleife. So all in all what I am trying to say is that Black Series will be in the same league performance wise, but much much much much much much more exclusive (Okay, you can leave out few much's), not to say in terms of looks it is like comparing Brad Pitt and the hunchback of notre dame. One last thing I want to brag about. I probably read more car articles in Spanish then you did in all languages combined. Hell, I probably read more about cars then Autobild head editor

Anywaysss thanks and I ll take the C from DTM and make the engineering team build the car without the restrictions they have for DTM racing and dump crap on any GTR in the world. LOL

Last edited by Djovovic63; 12-07-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Performance wise, I do believe that the GTR is in the same league as the two others in the test (other than past 125mph).
Hard to believe that a $100K car can be, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Last edited by emericr; 12-07-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by mvagusta
When a car fanatic buys a car, they look at it in a methodical way.(value, performance,prefrence of chioce of the individual and exclusivity ).The black series will be it , if the value and the exclusivity is in place, without dilution of brand(station wagon ). The price for value would be under 100k base. The gt-r is all, but not exclusive. Porsches gt3's are all in one. But I'd like a black only with the correct variables . Jmo
Hold your horses there partner. You're getting MUCH better value and MUCH better performance out of a GT-R and will probably be as exclusive as they're all sold out and you're on a waiting list till allocations open up later next year. All of this is compared to the C63 AMG BS of course.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM

Performance wise, I do believe that the GTR is in the same league as the two others in the test (other than past 125mph).
Hard to believe that a $100K car can be, but the numbers speak for themselves.
Okay you should definitely go and have your head checked out if you think that. You speak for yourself m8. Don't say I am being disrespectful, but you are weird. Wait let me explain why in short. You say GTR even though is seconds slower then other two is in the same league, yet you say C63 BS wont be?????? DO YOU KNOW THAT BY YOUR LOGIC ONE WOULD ASSUME THE C63 PP IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS GTR. I dont need to explain how I came to this conclusion you get it right?....Okay I will rather make sure you do get it. It is because the C63PP is almost exactly as much slower from the GTR as is GTR from Porsche in the article. And listen to this, I say almost because the C63 PP actually is closer to GTR then GTR is to Porsche. And as if you couldnt already realize by then that you are already making very little to no sense, you go on, and say C63 BS wont be on the same level.

Your last comment was by FAR the most stupid comment and contradicting, that I have heard in last year or so. Okay I have heard even stupider comments but not from mentally stable person, aside from my mother in law. hahahhahah

Last edited by Djovovic63; 12-07-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Chill out. Any more bickering and fighting, infractions will be issued.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=-
Hold your horses there partner. You're getting MUCH better value and MUCH better performance out of a GT-R and will probably be as exclusive as they're all sold out and you're on a waiting list till allocations open up later next year. All of this is compared to the C63 AMG BS of course.
You sure are also not very well informed. It is actually the other way around except not much much better performance wise. But it is much more exclusive. Not to repeat myself it looks so much better that its a shame that I have to mention it.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

btw, it's funny that this thread is about the C63 AMG Black Series.

I love how in any thread comparing cars, the GT-R is ALWAYS mentioned. No matter what car it is, the GT-R is always looming in the background. Can't be that bad of a car if it's always on people's minds.

The MSRP on my GT-R was over $96k. Getting it at MSRP was a pain and a hassle as all the dealers I contacted wanted a minimum of $7k over sticker. I would have no problems buying a C63 AMG BS instead of it. Don't act like if someone is buying a GT-R, that adding 10-15k for a C63 AMG BS is out of their reach.

As for exclusivity, Nissan sends 1000 GT-Rs to the US each year, 35-40% of those are Black Editions. I'm sure there will be at least 1000 C63 AMG BSs here next year. Unlike the C63 AMG BS, there are no other cars sold under the same chassis. While, there are thousands that use the C/W204 chassis. I'm not saying that that's a bad thing, but you can see that other C-Classes, including my C250 could look similar in many other people's eyes. I'm sure we'll be hearing from the idiots that will say that the C63 AMG BS is a riced out C-Coupe, but it's inevitable.

Basic mods that the C63 AMG BS will give it what? 600hp at the crank? That's headers, pulley and tune. A midpipe and a tune will give the GT-R about 625hp at the crank. Other simple mods such as downpipes and intake will give it close to 700hp. It's an easy car to tune. That being said, tuned cars vs. tuned cars are never a legitimate comparison.

Like I said, I love the C63 AMG BS and may even get one, but fighting and bickering over a comparison of it to a GT-R is ridiculous. They're different cars. If you can't respect whoever buys one or another, go somewhere else.

Last edited by nlpamg; 12-07-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2021 Porsche TTS
Where do you see that the GTR is "seconds" behind the other two?
To 60mph, it is within .1 sec of the P car and .5 sec of the Veyron. I will agree that the .5 sec is a huge engineering difference.
To the 1/4 (within the 125mph I noted above), it is .3 sec off the P car and 1 sec from the Veyron.
Again, only a handfull of cars have a stock 1/4 mile under 11 sec.
The BS is not in that category but in the category of the M6, CTS-V, 911S, M-3, Maserati, Aston, etc...
Those are simply the facts.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Chill out. Any more bickering and fighting, infractions will be issued.
HAHAHAHAH, I am sorry to laugh so hard, but when I first read this I was thinking to myself - this dude has got to be a moderator, has got to own a GTR probably some kind of nonsense edition, and that he realized I was actually right, and is siding with emericr. Isn't this true? Now come on, you wont tell me I guessed all, but the thing you realized I was right but feel bad.

Anyway no hard feelings, and I wouldn't say this there was any bickering or fighting from my side. Just saying what can be denied. Not possible because you cant change facts and I luckily I know the ones we were arguing about. And I would say they are important. At least they are to me. Now I said what I did, and I won't be like oh I am sorry I aint gonna do this ever again, when I know I am completely right, just because moderator for some reason got offended, when there was nothing to be offended by. And about the GTR being so awesome and always mentioned, not by me, I just respond to people thinking it is so special. Not to me.
And basic mod to me is blower. Add blower to BS and it will EAT gtr. But there is no need for it cause it already is a better car overall to me. But nonetheless you wouldnt be able to say it isnt fair since GTR is already turbo, twin actually. And you wish that your GTR will be as exclusive as BS. It looks way meaner and I dont believe anyone with at least some eyesight will think C63 BS is riced out C class. Those that will, will think of GTR as riced out alfa romeo.

Anyway it doesn't matter, but I would agree that the kind of talk we had isn't appropriate for this thread, so I am sorry for that. Wont talk about anything else but the pricing on this thread.

Last edited by Djovovic63; 12-07-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Djovovic63
HAHAHAHAH, I am sorry to laugh so hard, but when I first read this I was thinking to myself - this dude has got to be a moderator, has got to own a GTR probably some kind of nonsense edition, and that he realized I was actually right, and is siding with emericr. Isn't this true? Now come on, you wont tell me I guessed all, but the thing you realized I was right but feel bad.

Anyway no hard feelings, and I wouldn't say this there was any bickering or fighting from my side. Just saying what can be denied. Not possible because you cant change facts and I luckily I know the ones we were arguing about. And I would say they are important. At least they are to me. Now I said what I did, and I won't be like oh I am sorry I aint gonna do this ever again, when I know I am completely right, just because moderator for some reason got offended, when there was nothing to be offended by.

Anyway it doesn't matter, but I would agree that the kind of talk we had isn't appropriate for this thread, so I am sorry for that. Wont talk about anything else but the pricing on this thread.
hahahahahaha! yeah, you're so cool thanks! (sorry, I didn't know how to be sarcastic in Spanish.)
Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM

E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Question C63 BS only 510 hp?

Does anyone wonder why C63 BS with forged internals rated at only 510HP, which less then its counterpart in E63 (without forged internals)? Is MB underrating these engines?

It just does not make sense. Why put all the forged internals, tweaks and still manage less HP then its standard version in E63.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AlbertM
Does anyone wonder why C63 BS with forged internals rated at only 510HP, which less then its counterpart in E63 (without forged internals)? Is MB underrating these engines?

It just does not make sense. Why put all the forged internals, tweaks and still manage less HP then its standard version in E63.
I'm pretty sure it's underrated and for marketing purposes. I'm sure it will be more.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:36 PM

E63 AMG 2010, Black, Pano, P2
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm pretty sure it's underrated and for marketing purposes. I'm sure it will be more.
Marketing? Why underrate? Lets say it was 550HP, wouldnt it look much more exciting on paper that C63 BS comes with 550HP with forged internals, MCT, etc. I understand when it comes down to C63 vs E/CLS, but why for C Black Series?
Old 12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AlbertM
Marketing? Why underrate? Lets say it was 550HP, wouldnt it look much more exciting on paper that C63 BS comes with 550HP with forged internals, MCT, etc. I understand when it comes down to C63 vs E/CLS, but why for C Black Series?
look at what they're doing for the engines, the C250 has a 1.8L Turbo, the new TTV8's are still called 63's even though they're 5.5.

the SL63 which has the same engine as the E63 is rated to have more power.

I agree with you that it looks more exciting on paper with 550HP, but I just don't think they'd want to upset anyone potentially purchasing an E63 or others with the 6.2L. I think it's all different marketing schemes to carve out its own segment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C63 Black Pricing Guide