Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by NovA_S
You'll be surprised.
If they can fix it without taking off the panels of your dashboard it's half a day. In my case it didn't help so they asked me to bring it back when I have more time. And suggested Monday morning in case they need whole week so I have it back for weekend. My diller is very good too and they did great job but I had to leave my car there for almost 3 days. The only additional work they did besides rattling noise was oil change in the differential.

By the way I was taled by MB that I need to change my oil in LSD (even though it's not P31). I always thought only P31 has LSD. Do you guys know anything about it? MB said that now any AMG has LSD.
hmm thats not true. if you didnt get APX (canada) or lsd stand alone option (US) then your car will not have LSD
Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 AM

(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Question

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Finally got my car back today after a couple days of the dealership dicking around. Buzzing is all gone from the front dash speaker cover and rear sunshade
So, what was causing the problem.....can you give us a few details of the problem & the fix?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Eh, my glory was short lived. With my stiff suspension, loud exhaust, and crappy CA roads, the rattles came back this afternoon. Ugh.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 S 2014
Originally Posted by C63coupe2012
I got mine back on Thursday. All the noises are gone. I have to say great work by the dealer. They spent 3 days working on it. The rear noise was the third brake light having a faulty material which they replaced. They isolated the front console and changed a part in the steering wheel that was causing the buzzing. So far soo good. I totally understand your frustration...noises like these drive me crazy too. Never had this with any of my cars. However getting in this car, hearing the engine, enjoying the handling makes the noises secondary.

front noise is back...squeaking and buzzing around the wheel in the dash...short lived...actually this time it is more annoying...don't understand MB don't have a fix by now..
Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl550
Funny my father has a new E350 coupe and my bro a 2 year old c-class and they don't have any rattles or squeaks? Although the E350 is brand new we'll see what happpens in a few months.

My c63 started rattling the moment i left the dealership! I assume partly its b/c of the hard suspension but who knows!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 S 2014
Yeah, I don't get it either. I dropped again at dealer and asked them to take as much time as needed to fix. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
my rattle is coming from the passenger side. I have zeroed in on the lumbar support pad on the seat. It drives me nuts and I'm usually pretty zen with some rattling. This one here takes the cake.

I'll be taking it into the dealer this week, i wonder what they will do.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 C63
Originally Posted by F355C5
i keep using the cruise control stalk for a turn signal. 120 miles on the car.
It's been 3 weeks and I still can't stop doing that. Old habits are hard to break.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
Originally Posted by AMGangster
It's been 3 weeks and I still can't stop doing that. Old habits are hard to break.
The one stalk does everything is just annoying.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM

2012 C63 Coupe. Eurocharged, Charcoal Filters Removed, R-S3 Tires
Finally!!!!!!
Finally I found the solution for my squeaking and rattling noise in the dashboard.
I replaced my resonator with straight pipes. The sound became brutal and you just don't here anything else even if you want to!!!!!!!

Last edited by NovA_S; 05-24-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Finally!!!!!!
Finally I found the solution for my squeaking and rattling toise in the dashboard.
I replaced my resonator with straight pipes. The sound became brutal and you just don't here anything else even if you want to!!!!!!!
Post some pics and vid of your res delete.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Post some pics and vid of your res delete.
Unfortunately I don't have any video yet as to iphone a video where you want to show sound makes no sense due to pure sound quality. I have semi-pro video camera just need some time to do the video.

Bellow are the pictures of what was done.
Attached Thumbnails Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3019.jpg   Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3020.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
^ Looks like the shop does quality work.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by natman316
hmm thats not true. if you didnt get APX (canada) or lsd stand alone option (US) then your car will not have LSD
This is the copy of work order I paid at MB. Do you think they could scam me?
Attached Thumbnails Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3021.jpg  

Last edited by NovA_S; 05-24-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
This is the copy of work order I paid at MB. Do you think they could scam me?
I dont know but anything is possible. Just make sure on the sticker you dont have LSD listed. This car does not come with LSD as standard and I remember on the prepaid service price list, next to the LSD fluid change, it does say something like "only for P30 equipped amg cars" rather than AMG cars in general.

I am at 6k miles now and have not done a dif fluid change. 2012 c63....no lsd.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by RyeMan1
NovA_s,

I just got my C63 Coupe and I have the same rattle in my dash. Could you post your work order, or at least PM it to me? My dealer isn't one that takes a lot of time to look into this kind of thing. Maybe if I can show them that it can be fixed they will too.

Thanks
Here it is. But keep in mind that in 2 weeks after it was done all the noises 25% came back. As I mentioned in another post the best way to get read of them completely is to replace the resonator with straight pipes.
Attached Thumbnails Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3022.jpg   Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3023.jpg   Common Problems with the C63 AMG-img_3024.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by natman316
I dont know but anything is possible. Just make sure on the sticker you dont have LSD listed. This car does not come with LSD as standard and I remember on the prepaid service price list, next to the LSD fluid change, it does say something like "only for P30 equipped amg cars" rather than AMG cars in general.

I am at 6k miles now and have not done a dif fluid change. 2012 c63....no lsd.
I was concerned right away and I spoke with the dealer but they say that all AMG's come with LSD now it's just P31 has more advanced one.
Could you please call your dealer and ask if this is true just to get the second opinion? Thanks.

P.S. I came to MB to fix rattling noise in the dashboard which is free as per warranty. I hope they didn't charge me for LSD oil change just to make some money.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
I was concerned right away and I spoke with the dealer but they say that all AMG's come with LSD now it's just P31 has more advanced one.
Could you please call your dealer and ask if this is true just to get the second opinion? Thanks.

P.S. I came to MB to fix rattling noise in the dashboard which is free as per warranty. I hope they didn't charge me for LSD oil change just to make some money.
I am not in the country right now so sorry cant do that. But I am certain its not standard, at least in the US. (because I was so shocked it doesnt come with LSD initially...so i remember haha). What you can do is check on the private lounge(or i'm sure some other members can chime in)...they have some MB reps there that can confirm....but I am pretty sure LSD is not standard.

and saying that the P31 has a "more advanced" one even makes it sound more sketchy to me. I mean if it had an upgraded one I would think they will talk about the difference in locking factors rather than just being advanced.

check on your sticker to see if its on the list of options/standard equipment. if its on your car its listed on there. or you could always try to do a burn out
Old 05-24-2012, 05:10 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Here it is. But keep in mind that in 2 weeks after it was done all the noises 25% came back. As I mentioned in another post the best way to get read of them completely is to replace the resonator with straight pipes.
Thanks for scanning these in. I need to find out how to stop the rattling coming from behind the speedo, its really bothering me. I guess if i can't fix it straight pipes might be an option.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...ing-noise.html
Old 05-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RyeMan1
Thanks for scanning these in. I need to find out how to stop the rattling coming from behind the speedo, its really bothering me. I guess if i can't fix it straight pipes might be an option.
They will fix it for you don't worry. Just bring it back and tell them you are not taking it back until it's all fixed.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 PM

C63
Yep! Just ticked over 1000 miles and rattles everywhere!! Behind dash board, right drivers side window and most annoying a vibration noise either behind front passenger seat or front of rear passenger seat. From past experience the dealer cannot or can't be bothered fixing them and the line I always get is "we found a loose trim which we secured....come back if there is still a problem". I end up bringing the car in many times, wasting my precious time and lo and behold the rattles are still there. Yes, its nice to get a loan car and the free T-shirt they give me for my trouble but at this stage of my life I am over it and either turn up the radio or open the windows and listen to that glorious V8 noise instead!!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Question

Well, it looks, from those work sheets, that they had a pretty good go at trying to sort the noises for you...looks like they didn't have any problems pulling things apart & putting 'em back either?.....no marks on trim etc?
Noises 25% back.....from the same place...middle of dash area?.....are you going back to the dealer again, or simply going to live with it?
The work sheets were very interesting!
Thanks, Pickles.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pickles
Well, it looks, from those work sheets, that they had a pretty good go at trying to sort the noises for you...looks like they didn't have any problems pulling things apart & putting 'em back either?.....no marks on trim etc?
Noises 25% back.....from the same place...middle of dash area?.....are you going back to the dealer again, or simply going to live with it?
The work sheets were very interesting!
Thanks, Pickles.
I have tiny thing scratch above the radio on the plastic trim, other than that all looks fine. I know they tried hard because I personally know GM and he was on top of things. Still the noise is 25% back as I already mentioned. Yes this is exactly same noise as before, from the middle of dash and around the instrument cluster. There is no way I will live with this!!! I will make them work on this car as long as needed even if it takes forever. And if they don't fix it I will drive it in one of their fancy showroom windows!!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:29 AM

Question

I have tiny thing scratch above the radio on the plastic trim, other than that all looks fine. I know they tried hard because I personally know GM and he was on top of things. Still the noise is 25% back as I already mentioned. Yes this is exactly same noise as before, from the middle of dash and around the instrument cluster. There is no way I will live with this!!! I will make them work on this car as long as needed even if it takes forever. And if they don't fix it I will drive it in one of their fancy showroom windows!!
I admire your tenacity!!...Please keep us posted, as this seems to be a common problem, & the information, including work sheets will be useful.
Good Luck, Pickles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Common Problems with the C63 AMG