Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canada: Free Winter Tire Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 C63S E1 (sold 2012 C63 AMG Sedan (Premium & APX)) & 09 C300 Sport 4Matic
Winter wheels/tires are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and on the car.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pit-Pony
Glad they finally made their way to you. Now if only I could get that magical call...
Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Great news!! Mine are in too but I'm just selling them anyway so not in a rush to pick them up. When do you take the car?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 PM

The winter wheels look great. I like them a lot. You should consider keeping them and selling your aftermarket set.

I'm getting the car tomorrow Friday the 10th.

Pass by Martin's Saturday morning, the car will get dirty but that just gives me a chance to clean it later

PS: Try the AMG Private Lounge forum. Canadians can finally get subscribed.

Last edited by Pit-Pony; 02-10-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Went into my dealer today to pick up my cargo tray for the trunk and found out that they received 20 AMG wheels yesterday for the Winter Tire packages...unfortunately I'm not one of the beneficial ones to get theirs today...I was told that they should be getting mine in next week as they are no longer back-ordered...
Old 02-10-2012, 03:45 PM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
Originally Posted by Illusive
Went into my dealer today to pick up my cargo tray for the trunk and found out that they received 20 AMG wheels yesterday for the Winter Tire packages...unfortunately I'm not one of the beneficial ones to get theirs today...I was told that they should be getting mine in next week as they are no longer back-ordered...
Are you serious ? Can you PM which dealer because I've had my C63 coupe for 2 weeks now and have been asking them daily when the tires and rims will be in and they keep telling me they haven't heard anything yet but will let me know. ( since we're both in Calgary I'd think that odds are its the same dealer)
Thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
BTW, MB Canada rep told me our winters will have TPMS included ( I was worried they would not).
Canadian C63s do not have TPMS, unless its a black series!

Last edited by YYZ-E55; 02-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:03 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
Canadian C63s do not have TPMS, unless its a black series!
The new 2012 C63's get active TPMS if you get the AMG PP. Otherwise, you get the standard passive TPMS.

On another note: THEY CAME IN!!! WOOT!!!!! WINTER TIRES ARE HEREEEEEEEE!!!!!

(Can you tell I'm excited?)
Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM

That's right if you have the APX Performance Package, you get active TPMS and of course the sensors.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:36 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Woop woop! Picked up my winter wheels and tires today. Pirelli SottoZero's.

Of course it started snowing heavily today...hopefully it clears up and warms up a little so I can plasti-dip the palladium bits in satin black.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:38 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by CK17
Are you serious ? Can you PM which dealer because I've had my C63 coupe for 2 weeks now and have been asking them daily when the tires and rims will be in and they keep telling me they haven't heard anything yet but will let me know. ( since we're both in Calgary I'd think that odds are its the same dealer)
Thanks
Sorry CK17, missed your message from a few days ago. Got them from Lone Star, I can ask them for you if yours have come in yet as I'm good with the parts guys (used to be from Hyatt). They did tell me that they are no longer back ordered and all orders should be filled by the end of this week.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:29 AM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
Sorry CK17, missed your message from a few days ago. Got them from Lone Star, I can ask them for you if yours have come in yet as I'm good with the parts guys (used to be from Hyatt). They did tell me that they are no longer back ordered and all orders should be filled by the end of this week.
Thanks ! I'd appreciate that. The wife called me today to tell me that the C63 is no good in the snow ( hindsight being what it is I really should have hid the keys before I went away lol) Luckily she was only going a few blocks away so I coached her home and she took the SUV. I would like to get those winter tires on in case she has anymore " I'm a good winter driver" moments and forgets that this car is just a touch torquier than the G37. I really don't want her to make that phone call to me that starts with the words " Ok...don't be mad but..."
Old 02-14-2012, 05:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Thanks ! I'd appreciate that. The wife called me today to tell me that the C63 is no good in the snow ( hindsight being what it is I really should have hid the keys before I went away lol) Luckily she was only going a few blocks away so I coached her home and she took the SUV. I would like to get those winter tires on in case she has anymore " I'm a good winter driver" moments and forgets that this car is just a touch torquier than the G37. I really don't want her to make that phone call to me that starts with the words " Ok...don't be mad but..."
Yeah... hide the keys. It isn't the car that sucks in winter it is the summer tires. They are downright dangerous on snow, ice or even really cold weather IMO. I cringe every time someone says they have driven the car with the summer tires on in winter.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:32 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Well I got a call from the service department today telling me the wheels and tires are free, however the mount and balance I had to pay for and it was $264. Not too happy about that as I could have gotten them done elsewhere for much cheaper. The option was never given to me. Anyone else have to pay for mount and balance? If so, how much did they charge you? They said it was $200 for the labour and the rest was taxes and wheel weights (which are worthless), so they totally ripped me off. Not happy about this.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 PM

2011 Range Rover Sport SC

You know, as bad as this sounds, but this is one of the things holding me back from buying a C63 (we're in the process of moving back to Canada from Europe, where we shared a single SUV for the past three years).

My wife *thinks* she's a lot better driver than she is; I'm really dreading her driving the C63 in the winter (especially since we'll be back in town at the end of March, so probably won't buy a car for her until she starts working again).

Aprils in Toronto aren't TOO bad....but. :-)

Maybe I should get that Range Rover afterall.

Patrick
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM

After the long long wait for the winter wheels/tires, my dealer didn't dare charge me for mounting and balance.

I'm driving the car , even after our icy roads situation this week and it works fine. In heavy snow situations I'd probably leave it home if for no other reason than to avoid the possibility of some other driver error or mishap.

Most winter days have mostly clear roads anyway so the snow tires work fine in the cold.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
I'm glad you posted this. They said I HAD to leave a $500 mounting and balancing deposit when I picked up my car. I'm glad that I've waited until now to fill out my customer satisfaction survey, because I'm not very satisfied. When I called them on the price of the deposit they said it was to ensure the tires would be mounted and balanced and waiting for when my car came in and that the remainder would be credited to my "account" for future work. The car hasn't been on the road for a month yet, I'd hope that nothing would go wrong after only a few weeks of driving but if it did I would think that the warranty would cover that since IMO if the car breaks the first month you drive it and you haven't been mistreating it then its a manufacturers defect. I don't need a credit on my account yet...at least I hope not!
Really not impressed with this dealer for any part of my purchase, be it misinformation on the available options for the car, delay in delivery dates, promises that they can't follow through on etc. Never expected this from MB.

Well I got a call from the service department today telling me the wheels and tires are free, however the mount and balance I had to pay for and it was $264. Not too happy about that as I could have gotten them done elsewhere for much cheaper. The option was never given to me. Anyone else have to pay for mount and balance? If so, how much did they charge you? They said it was $200 for the labour and the rest was taxes and wheel weights (which are worthless), so they totally ripped me off. Not happy about this.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM

2012 C63 AMG
I'm a bit disappointed as well with this dealer. I used to go to the other Mercedes dealership but all of my parts guys have moved to this one and the final straw was my sales guy going over. The new parts guys at the other location are horrid, took me 2 months to get a paint pen which they didn't charge me for in the end and tried to grease me up by giving me a free key chain...like that would help. It took an email to corporate to get the paint pen sorted out.

I'm surprised they charged me for the same reasons you outlined pit-pony, I ended up paying for it, but I'm going to call tomorrow now that I've seen the charges they made and try and recoup it (item for the glue for the weights...yes the GLUE...and $$ for larger than 18" M&B...but these wheels are only 18" WTF!!!). I already sent an email to corporate, hopefully they sort this out. This is really starting to make me upset...

Unfortunately I filled out my satisfaction survey...I can't fault the parts guys because they have no control over the wheels being back-ordered, nor my sales guy because he did come to bat for me on the price and items. I'm more so upset with the dealership (mount and balance costs) service and Mercedes Canada for offering something backordered....
Old 02-15-2012, 04:54 AM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
I have no animosity towards the service/ parts side, or even the sales end. I'm certain they're as frustrated as we are with the delays. It's MB Canada that , IMO, hasn't followed through on a promised package that was offered as a "free" incentive ( I use quotations because free means anywhere from $0-$500 charge for mount/ balance , install and weight glue?) to entice consumers to take delivery or purchase a vehicle during the winter months instead of waiting until spring to buy. I understand that there was a manufacturing issue and I can sympathize with the delay. But to have a consumer take early delivery on a vehicle without the promised package ( which in most cases was the only reason for agreeing to early delivery ) then trying to over charge them for the installation of the late items....wow!
I chose Mercedes Benz because I thought it was "THE BEST OR NOTHING" not "well...we tried"
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM

2012 C63 AMG
I have no animosity towards the service/ parts side, or even the sales end. I'm certain they're as frustrated as we are with the delays. It's MB Canada that , IMO, hasn't followed through on a promised package that was offered as a "free" incentive ( I use quotations because free means anywhere from $0-$500 charge for mount/ balance , install and weight glue?) to entice consumers to take delivery or purchase a vehicle during the winter months instead of waiting until spring to buy. I understand that there was a manufacturing issue and I can sympathize with the delay. But to have a consumer take early delivery on a vehicle without the promised package ( which in most cases was the only reason for agreeing to early delivery ) then trying to over charge them for the installation of the late items....wow!
I chose Mercedes Benz because I thought it was "THE BEST OR NOTHING" not "well...we tried"
Agreed, I can put up with manufacturing delays out of their control, but like you said, to be "the best or nothing" would be to not mislead your clientele with incentive packages that you cannot fill or insinuate that something is "no charge" when in fact it isn't. Here's a screenshot of the charges:

Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM

Lexus IS250 AWD

This kinda of stuff is all too common these days and I don't think it is jsut with car dealers.

They put an ad or promo out there....they create an expectation for the consumer, and when the soncumer acts on the expectation, and the reasonable presumption of trust in the business, they're let down.

How can you feel anything other than the business saying "We'll we've got your money now, so you're screwed. We'll get around to it....on our terms."
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Go and send a complaint tweet to @LoneStarBenz, I'll bet you it'll get resolved quickly.

http://twitter.com/LoneStarBenz

Not sure who's decision it was to charge, that's kinda ridiculous.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 AM

2012 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by rage2
Go and send a complaint tweet to @LoneStarBenz, I'll bet you it'll get resolved quickly.

http://twitter.com/LoneStarBenz

Not sure who's decision it was to charge, that's kinda ridiculous.
I'll be calling the service department again today and hopefully speak to the manager there as well. This is getting ridiculous. I sent an email to the Mercedes Canada representative that I've been speaking to and this was her response to my further complaint:

-----
Thank you for acknowledging our response. We are sorry to learn that the
dealership was not clear on the AMG winter package program offered by
Mercedes-Benz Canada.

The following information was presented to the dealership at the time of
the offer:
AMG wheels, centre caps, winter tires and valves only (not permitted:
labour charges, wheel weights, balancing etc.)

As you can see from the information above the installation of the wheels
and tires were not part of the AMG winter package offer.

Thank you for taking the time to write. We wish you many enjoyable years
in your C63 AMG.
-----

Did anyones dealership provide this information to you when you purchased your AMG and agreed to take delivery to get this promotion? Nowhere does that statement say that the dealership had to mount and balance the wheels. I emailed them back asking if there was any requirement for them to mount and balance to fulfill the warranty claim. I'm definitely not happy with the service and lack of disclosure from Mercedes and Lone Star. I saw your post rage2 on Beyond and went back to re-read the letter sent out to the dealerships about the promotion. The only thing they told the salesman was to warn that there could be a delay, but nowhere did it say to mention that labour was NOT included.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 PM

These charges are disgraceful. Specially after the long wait.

In my case I have a good relationship with the dealer. They did not charge me for mounting, balancing etc. for the winter package. I asked ahead of time and would have taken the wheels and tires elsewhere to a tire shop instead but there was no charge after all.

I would suggest asking to speak to the dealer principle to try to get a refund or credit. He's probably the only one that can help you get satisfaction as MB has no control over this matter.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 PM

2012 C63 Coupe P31
-----
Thank you for acknowledging our response. We are sorry to learn that the
dealership was not clear on the AMG winter package program offered by
Mercedes-Benz Canada.

The following information was presented to the dealership at the time of
the offer:
AMG wheels, centre caps, winter tires and valves only (not permitted:
labour charges, wheel weights, balancing etc.)

As you can see from the information above the installation of the wheels
and tires were not part of the AMG winter package offer.

Thank you for taking the time to write. We wish you many enjoyable years
in your C63 AMG.
-----
I got the same reply word for word for the email I sent in. Its so good to know that they care enough about their customers to address the issues with a automated reply. I was not told anything about the winter tire package. In fact I was in the act of changing my delivery date to April when I read on this form about the tire package offer. So I asked my sales guy and he said that yes I could get the free winter tire and rim package but I had to take delivery right away ( before the end of Jan) to qualify. They didn't even bring up the tire package...I had to ask... and they promised it would be installed on the car when I picked it up. I love my C63, but if this is how they treat customers then MB will never have any of my business again. I'll go to Audi... I want an R8 anyway

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Canada: Free Winter Tire Package