Sponsored by:

C63 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 amg mercedes
C63 amg

I am driving C63 amg Mercedes and have some problem when parking. When wheel are full right or left while parking I am getting strange clogging noise from front wheels. Only happening when parking on up heals or down heals. On the straight fields all OK. No any noise, or when I am driving NO any noise coming from there… Pls advice if any… will be much appreciated …Thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
Sorry mate you have lost me a bit. Do you mean hills not heals??
Not sure what you mean by a clogging noise, perhaps it is simply the sound of the power steering pump working on full lock??
Noises very hard to diagnose without hearing it, perhaps simplest is to run it in to a dealer (if under warranty)/reputable indie (if out of warranty) and have them listen to it.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM

C63 amg mercedes
Originally Posted by JimmyR
Sorry mate you have lost me a bit. Do you mean hills not heals??
Not sure what you mean by a clogging noise, perhaps it is simply the sound of the power steering pump working on full lock??
Noises very hard to diagnose without hearing it, perhaps simplest is to run it in to a dealer (if under warranty)/reputable indie (if out of warranty) and have them listen to it.
Sorry mate for spelling. Problem is only when driving backward on some hill or opposite. On straight roads when steering wheel is full right or full left no problems. But only when is going backward downhill with full steering to one side. When front wheels getting load like pulling load if u can understand me. Than I am getting noise like clogging. Any way I will go to visit my Mercedes dealer to find out what is going on but very strange.If is bearing or something like that will be all the time something wrong.Any way thanks for reply.Cheers
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Same thing has happened to mine, when going up or reversing from a drive way or a slight incline the left wheel will clogg or make a barking sound, or a screeching sound. Please keep us updated as to what they say...

Thank you
Old 01-24-2012, 04:12 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
E63S
The only thing I can think of is a bit of a long shot, based on something that happened to one of my older (non AMG) cars which had lowered suspension. I used to get a sound - which as I recall was more of a groaning sound - from the front end mainly when turning the front wheels while stationary (e.g. while parking) but also when going up/down uneven ground (e.g. driveways). What it turned out to be was a cracked bearing at the top of one of the front suspension struts. You could feel an obvious vibration by putting your hand on the strut tower and having someone turn the wheel lock to lock.

Do you have lowered suspension?? If so get it back to whoever installed the suspension - I believe this is not uncommon particularly with lowered suspension and is a relatively cheap replacement part. (The bearing is a ring shaped piece full of ball bearings that sits at the top of the suspension strut. Relatively cheap part as I recall, need to remove the strut to get to it). If standard suspension and car out of warranty a good suspension shop will be able to diagnose and fix up relatively cheaply.
Not sure if this is what is happening with yours but good luck with it.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
same issue with lowered suspension, never got it diagnosed...thought it could be tire rubbing the wheel well...
Old 08-16-2012, 11:28 PM

C63 amg mercedes
To all of u guys. 3 months ago I saw on this forum that MCDMotorsports have the front grill for C63 on the shelve for good price. 350 US. Was very attractive for me and I have been ordered and send the money to Mark owner of company. I been waiting 3 months to receive my front grill but he said that I give him wrong my home address. Which is wrong and stupid answer from his side. There was plenty emails going back and forward with him to get what I paid but nothing. He just collect the money and never come back to me. I think that is very bad and very dirty from that man called Mark. Just to let u know guys be careful and newer order nothing from him as I lose 400 US just like that. I was thinking that MCDMotorsports is a big company which producing something for MB but this is only one young 20 years old kunt which is ****ing around with serious people.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:30 PM

C63 amg mercedes
important

To all of u guys. 3 months ago I saw on this forum that MCDMotorsports have the front grill for C63 on the shelve for good price. 350 US. Was very attractive for me and I have been ordered and send the money to Mark owner of company. I been waiting 3 months to receive my front grill but he said that I give him wrong my home address. Which is wrong and stupid answer from his side. There was plenty emails going back and forward with him to get what I paid but nothing. He just collect the money and never come back to me. I think that is very bad and very dirty from that man called Mark. Just to let u know guys be careful and newer order nothing from him as I lose 400 US just like that. I was thinking that MCDMotorsports is a big company which producing something for MB but this is only one young 20 years old kunt which is ****ing around with serious people.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
tonci, sorry to hear about your sour transaction with Mark at MCD... you're not the only one, I heard many others lost their money as well. I think MCD is no longer in business, so it might be hard to get back your money.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:39 AM

C63 amg mercedes
Roswell.Hello mate. I will not get poor without this 400 US but is un professional totally from them as we are serious guys which driving serious cars. Right?
The worst in the world is to deal with thief and liar
Cheers