Sponsored by:

[Video]: C63 OE-tuned vs C63 Eurocharged tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
And with that said, I'm looking forward to the ER event. And def no more runs with Jon - this whole thing has gotten entirely too much attention for no good reason.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by BK63amg
And with that said, I'm looking forward to the ER event. And def no more runs with Jon - this whole thing has gotten entirely too much attention for no good reason.
and another one learns the hard way... Welcome to my world.

Let me guess, he played it all cool in person like it was no big deal right? Then when he got home he PMed sticky with the video and the info.

Please don't quit now... he will just bother me again!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
WTF!? How did it come here?
Because you put it on the internet. At that point, it goes wherever the internet wants it to.

Maybe BK63 will say it again. The 2 runs we did he said he lost by a car to 130. Yes its hard to tell from video. Sits lower? He has a front lip which is very low. P30 has 2piece rotors front. One piece rear. Its 6lbs lighter. BUT I also have LSD so its a wash. We both had 1/2 gas.
A front lip doesn't make an otherwise stock car sit lower - if anything, it just adds frontal area and drag (i.e. hurts performance) for high-speed runs. A P30 car that truly sits lower, has less frontal area for better aero as speed increases.

As dodger already mentioned... the factory LSD weighs more than the factory open diff? News to me, but possible I suppose. How much more? At least everyone agrees that the rotors are a differentiator.

I believe all the tunes for the C63 are about equal. But not all cars are created equal. Which was post by Eurocharged on the dyno same day. Some were 15whp higher. This accounts for the engines being handmade.
Historically, M156 engines have been remarkably consistent in their hp/tq output levels, from example to example; there's very little variation. The engines are assembled by one technician as with all AMGs, but certain sub-components are machine-assembled, IIRC, and much of what the tech does is computer controlled/monitored.

There was a great video floating around showing the engine being built, might be on Youtube (not 100% on that). In any event, it's not like a guy is given a box of parts, a bench, and some hand tools and told "have at it."

Dyno day variations could be any number of things - strap tensions, wheel/tire differences, mileage on the engine (and how it was broken in), temps, vehicle computer adaptions, etc. I'd place my bets on any of the above, before assuming one M156 was "handmade" that much better than another M156.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Gone but remembered: Audi S3, C63 AMG, Currently: BMW X5 4.0d, Fiat 500 Arriving: C63 Black Series
I really dont get it why propain, dodger and some of u guys have so much againts Jon. I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and every now and then I came across a thread that has something to do with u guys bashing jon. And if he posts some record you go all the way to discredit him, but dont do the same for yourself. I just think that its you guys that need to grow up and get a life. Seriously. You think that if you own a c63 thats modded, that you achieved something that makes you better? It certainly seems so....

When Dodger broke record, it was all over the forum as if he did something incredible. And every single (for me not worth mentioning) achivement you brag about it all day long over here, but when this guy posts something you act like 10 years old. I really think most of you guys are just frustrated with yourself...get a women or something..a guy if u wish, just stop being dicks

Last edited by Njovovic1; 02-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by Njovovic1
I really dont get it
That about sums up your post....
Old 02-04-2012, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
I really dont get it why propain, dodger and some of u guys have so much againts Jon. I have been reading this forum for over a year now, and every now and then I came across a thread that has something to do with u guys bashing jon. And if he posts some record you go all the way to discredit him, but dont do the same for yourself. I just think that its you guys that need to grow up and get a life. Seriously. You think that if you own a c63 thats modded, that you achieved something that makes you better? It certainly seems so....

When Dodger broke record, it was all over the forum as if he did something incredible. And every single (for me not worth mentioning) achivement you brag about it all day long over here, but when this guy posts something you act like 10 years old. I really think most of you guys are just frustrated with yourself...get a women or something..a guy if u wish, just stop being dicks
You have son great thoughts, I don't think I ever posted something about myself? But to answer I'm not discrediting anything, he's stating things as if there actually fact which they are not, did you read my post in this thread?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by dodger63
Where did you get your info? You think the stock open diff weighs less then the stock LSD? Did you weigh both can you please show some proof, also lighter rotors = rotational mass and they are in the front of the car which should help weight transfer in acceleration.. Also every 100lbs in this car equals 1/10 in the 1/4 mile that's prob about a 1/2 a car length at 110-120..
Yes LSD adds weight. Also for every 100lbs is how many mph? 1-2mph?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by propain
and another one learns the hard way... Welcome to my world.

Let me guess, he played it all cool in person like it was no big deal right? Then when he got home he PMed sticky with the video and the info.

Please don't quit now... he will just bother me again!
It was a video. I showed it to him right after the runs. I posted on the forum. Never bragged about it or rubbed it in. Why is this becoming a problem for you?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BK63amg
Why are you taking this personal? When I posted the video I never mentioned your name just the tune. I never thought it would have this much attention. BTW why would I run you again? I proved my point.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Were did you get the info can u post the weights for me
Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Gone but remembered: Audi S3, C63 AMG, Currently: BMW X5 4.0d, Fiat 500 Arriving: C63 Black Series
You have son great thoughts, I don't think I ever posted something about myself? But to answer I'm not discrediting anything, he's stating things as if there actually fact which they are not, did you read my post in this thread?
True, you did not post anything yourself here, but you made it sure it was all over the internet. But thats not the point actually, its just the attitude that can be felt, you guys have against him...You wouldnt be satisfied if there was every single proof, you still would have something taking from it. It doesnt really matter, I cant be bothered to go into detail. Its all good, I really couldnt care less about it, I dont even know why I said anything on that topic in the first place...

Have good one,
Old 02-05-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
True, you did not post anything yourself here, but you made it sure it was all over the internet. But thats not the point actually, its just the attitude that can be felt, you guys have against him...You wouldnt be satisfied if there was every single proof, you still would have something taking from it. It doesnt really matter, I cant be bothered to go into detail. Its all good, I really couldnt care less about it, I dont even know why I said anything on that topic in the first place...

Have good one,
haha
Old 02-05-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Jon please some info backing up the weight difference between stock diff and stock lsd
Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Anything W/4Wheels
Jon please some info backing up the weight difference between stock diff and stock lsd
Good luck getting that from him
He just talks likes he know.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels

Have good one,
It very obvious you don't know Jon

If u think dodger and propain and everyone that goes against Jon is wrong dig up his past post from 2-3yrs ago and u will see for u self.
Have a good one
Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Originally Posted by mthis
It very obvious you don't know Jon

If u think dodger and propain and everyone that goes against Jon is wrong dig up his past post from 2-3yrs ago and u will see for u self.
Have a good one

Better than digging up his posts from the last 2-3 years, he should go meet Jon and race him.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
You do realize that installing a limited slip diff replaces the stock unit???

The difference in weight is negligible maybe a couple pounds at the most. What the drivers had for breakfast that morning would have about as much impact.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
BTW why would I run you again? I proved my point.
Not to fuel the fire of all these dudes who hate on you, but as an unbiased 3rd party viewing from the outside, and also someone who clearly can see how borderline psychopath some of the people who post on here are...

...with statements like this I can see why propain et al tear you up. You can almost see the smirk on your face as you say this, now it's clear why these guys make it a point to belittle you. Seems unfortunate, because you probably have good intentions/are a good dude, and people almost want to befriend you again when you meet up in person, but then right as they turn their back your mouth gets you in trouble.

Just my analysis from afar. I mean no disrespect to anyone, just feel like if you guys are going to keep airing this stuff out, we may as well all analyze, participate, and provide feedback as a community
Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Seems unfortunate, because you probably have good intentions/are a good dude, and people almost want to befriend you again when you meet up in person, but then right as they turn their back your mouth gets you in trouble
this is the futher thing from the truth the second you meet this whiny little annoying man you want to get away from him, I speak to a good dozen people that have met him from many different walks of life and they say the same things, local shops were he has purcgased tgings from don't want him back as a customer,
Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eSFM...e_gdata_player

This is classic Jon @ 20 seconds always has an excuse, anyone who knows him will understand
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 P31 C63 2015 CLA45
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Not to fuel the fire of all these dudes who hate on you, but as an unbiased 3rd party viewing from the outside, and also someone who clearly can see how borderline psychopath some of the people who post on here are...

...with statements like this I can see why propain et al tear you up. You can almost see the smirk on your face as you say this, now it's clear why these guys make it a point to belittle you. Seems unfortunate, because you probably have good intentions/are a good dude, and people almost want to befriend you again when you meet up in person, but then right as they turn their back your mouth gets you in trouble.

Just my analysis from afar. I mean no disrespect to anyone, just feel like if you guys are going to keep airing this stuff out, we may as well all analyze, participate, and provide feedback as a community
I agree with you rory. Since I have joined the forums in late 2010, everytime Jon posts, people get on his back. I don't know their history, but they would discredit, or make rude remarks. I would sympathize for him. Then he would eventually make a snide remark and I wouldn't feel so bad for him. But this has happened many times. Now I realize this is the interwebz. Where dreams and happy thoughts and feelings go to die.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by hhughes1
You do realize that installing a limited slip diff replaces the stock unit???
At first I laughed at this but after thinking about it you might be on to something,
Old 02-06-2012, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT

Have good one,
that's exactly right.......dodger never posted anything about himself breaking records . he doesn't brag about every single time he beats somebody . how many posts have you seen about jon where he didn't post it himself or ask somebody to post for him ?

i asked this question on BB and i will also ask it here.........
how does he have a "tune only" recorded time of 9.74 and now magically with the same "tune only" supercar , knock a complete second off his time ?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Anything W/4Wheels
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
that's exactly right.......dodger never posted anything about himself breaking records . he doesn't brag about every single time he beats somebody . how many posts have you seen about jon where he didn't post it himself or ask somebody to post for him ?

i asked this question on BB and i will also ask it here.........
how does he have a "tune only" recorded time of 9.74 and now magically with the same "tune only" supercar , knock a complete second off his time ?
It's possible
1.5% is .8-1 sec off 60.130
Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
-3600 DA nough said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Video]: C63 OE-tuned vs C63 Eurocharged tuned