Sponsored by:

Why you should NOT "Street Race"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
home the point
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
To all of you saying he is human and all that think of this. If he hit a family or another innocent driver instead of a truck trailer and killed them you would all be against his actions. Probably label him an 'idiot' if not say much worse things. Because he is the one who died and didn't kill anyone else (Thank god) his actions can be justified. You guys are nuts! I didn't know, him, never have Im sure Rapists are good people at heart too. To be blunt he made the wrong choice and suffered the worst of the consequences. It happens. And were all sorry it happened. His actions were totally uncalled for though. Yes other people race and don't get the same consequence but they still had the same poor judgement. Being a car nut and ex police officer... we as society expect him to understand the dangers a little more. I think thats why you get harsh comments because at the end of the day he really should have known better. But it doesn't matter anymore because we can't tell him that. The OP's message was great though because Im sure many of us will think twice before flooring it on the street. And hopefully some can learn from the story. I know every time hear these stories I smarten up my driving just a little more.
Exactly. I certainly don't think the man deserved to die, but at the same time we're lucky that no one else got hurt or killed. However we, as a community of auto enthusiasts should still treat this no differently because the crash had the potential of involving innocent bystanders. If we don't enforce our own and reduce the frequency of these type of incidents in the future, it'll just be a matter of time before politicians and interest groups completely destroy our hobby.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT2 C63 and yo sister
Originally Posted by bigben320e
someone must an Obama supporter based on their opinion here. This is not a political thread, nor is this the topic for such.
listen you need to wake up to whats going on in this country Obama doesnt want you to afford the AMG, he also wants you to drive a prius or volt and Obama is against racing anywhere on the street or on the track!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Thumbs up

Anything can happen, when your driving, and I'm sure nobody wants to accidently hit anyone or anything when Driving, especially with a car with as much power as a C63.

I want to thank the OP for the statement below.

I WILL Remember this thread, it is ingrained in my mind whenever I drive.

Originally Posted by ctown113
Let this be a warning to all of us. This really hit home with me because I know both of the racers involved in this story. Unfortunately, 1 of them isn't around anymore. Only 26 years old... Both of them were driving 1///M's, and go to the track often (so it's not like they were total rookies to driving at high speeds) but that's besides the point.
There are NO guarantees, especially off the track. So think of this thread, the next time some idiot starts egging you on to race him/her. My heart and prayers go out to Cam's family... Really sad. Seemed like a good guy, an ex-police officer, he had his whole life ahead of him.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:29 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
listen you need to wake up to whats going on in this country Obama doesnt want you to afford the AMG, he also wants you to drive a prius or volt and Obama is against racing anywhere on the street or on the track!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
oh geez, don't bring obama into it!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM

'12 C63 AMG,'11 Lexus RX450H,'10 VW Routan,'09 E92 ///M3 (Sold),'07 E85 Z4 ///M Roadster (Sold)
Originally Posted by From M to AMG
Anything can happen, when your driving, and I'm sure nobody wants to accidently hit anyone or anything when Driving, especially with a car with as much power as a C63.

I want to thank the OP for the statement below.

I WILL Remember this thread, it is ingrained in my mind whenever I drive.
Good stuff
Regards,
OP
Old 02-08-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by cptdaz
What is it about living in NJ that make them douchebags on roads? I attend a lot of trackdays at NJMP, seems like they drive like that on the track as well.
Hey cptdaz what do you mean about this comment?
Dont you think that you are using a very big brush ?
I'm surprised that you are not suspended if we (members living in New Jersey)
were offended by that comment.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM

C63 AMG
Lol, I said "I think he was being sarcastic", so I did see it.
About my friend, you're right, that's the way it does go, that's life.
I'm glad you got the message, and the last thing I was expecting was everyone or anyone to react in any specific way. However, I was a little shocked to see the responses. Is it wrong for me to state that on the "forum"? The last time I checked, a forum is where people gather and speak about certain topics, no?

Dude, the last thing I want is any bad blood btwn any member, but your responses to the issue at hand are a bit cold IMO, but I guess this is what you're referring to when you say I should expect to get different responses?
In this case, yours? That's totally fine.
I think I remember you replying to another member about his run in with a C4S and you gave him some insight about a race you had with your brother? Now imagine something terrible went wrong unexpectedly to one of you. It wouldn't be cool to hear others talking smack about it, would it? That's all I'm saying to you, Mel. Is to have a little compassion?
All in all, I didn't intend to start a "pity party", nor do want to beef with someone on a forum, that's just ridiculous. So I will end by saying, I don't even know you, nor do you know me, but we all share something in common on this forum, we love talking about our cars, so I'll just stick to that in the future, and hopefully we can all get along. No malice...and happy riding
#C63sALL DAY. PeAce~
Hey it's all good brother. You're right about racing my brother's car but it was what is was. Wish there was a track in every city but there isn't. Peace brother.

+1 That is exactly what I was trying to say! Thanks man

Last edited by melmanc55; 02-08-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM

09 c63 p30 mars red
Originally Posted by RobertG
Be careful who you confront ---cptdaz stated he has "NEVER" (big word) driven irresponsible on a public road. You are messing with the self righteous. WWCD
Old 02-08-2012, 09:11 PM
RL1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG C63 Affalterbach Edition
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
every time a "car guy" dies, hes one of us and we are poorer without him, in this world of prius people, obama, occupy wall street and other car haters we need more of "us" I dont care if he died "street racing" dont judge, because we have all been there done that also keep in mind "street racing" to idiots in the media can be nothing more than driving a fast car a few mph above speed limit
i agree...RIP to him.

quite disappointed by some of the posts here....oh well.

RL
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by melmanc55
Hey it's all good brother. You're right about racing my brother's car but it was what is was. Wish there was a track in every city but there isn't. Peace brother.

Coolz~ I was beginning to think,"Sh*t, I just got on this forum, and the last thing I'd ever want, is to be a so called "enemy" of another member, a Senior Member who probably knows a crap load more than me about my car to say the least, that 1 day, could offer me some help with key advice if I'm in a "jam". But bc of misunderstandings from a previous thread where we were "banging heads", there was "bad blood", hence the result is "NODDA, ZIP, ZERO" btwn you and I, or any member. That's just lame.. Life's too short for all that nonsense
So in closing, I was relieved to see your last reply, only bc I was expecting something else from you, idk what, but I was dead wrong.
Furthermore, I took a look at some of your posts/responses to random threads (No, I'm not a stalker, LOL), and in looking at them, I can definitely say that you're quite a blessed and fortunate guy
How you got to where you are is not my business, nor am I asking it to be mine, but DANG!!! I could only WISH to be in a predicament where I was asking for some feedback as to whether or not I should trade my C63 for a McLaren or what not... Dude, that car was SICK!!! I'm assuming it didn't happen, but I hope to 1 day work up to where you're at.. it's motivating, along with a few choice others on this forum.
I'm just a regular 35 year old dude working in NYC, happily married to a great wife, and blessed w/ an AWESOME, yet crazy at times 2 & 1/2 year old son I call Jr....and most importantly, with a PASSION for COOL CARS
and especially coming from driving ///Ms for the past 10 years, I must say that, getting into this C63///AMG was 1 of the best decisions that I have ever made, I just wish that I had done it sooner LOL
Ok, the wine has kicked in, and I will be going now...
ALL in ALL, it's *** great to have a forum like this, and even in the few days that I've been in my new C63, I've gotten so much help and felt welcome to this forum. Thanks again fellow members..

@Melman: In judging from the few posts that I've read from you, I am assuming that, right now, you're prob thinking, "what the F is wrong w this guy...a nd what's up w/ all this emotional crap??!" LOL..it's all good,
like you said, you can't expect EVERYONE to react as you planned... so im this case, I think I wrote a "book" Lmao, in which you probably weren't expecting this.. who knows, you may not even ever get this. But it was cool to read your last reply, I wasn't expecting it.
Good luck with your decision issues on a McLaren/ShelbyGT500/or a Z06 and anything else you were considering! ....I sure wish I had that problem!!!! Wait, was there a Nissan GTR in that dilemma as well? hahahaha
Peace and good night~

+1 That is exactly what I was trying to say! Thanks man
Old 02-09-2012, 01:05 AM

[QUOTE=melmanc55;5044305]Hey it's all good brother. You're right about racing my brother's car but it was what is was. Wish there was a track in every city but there isn't. Peace brother.

Coolz~ I was beginning to think,"Sh*t, I just got on this forum, and the last thing I'd ever want, is to be a so called "enemy" of another member, a Senior Member who probably knows a crap load more than me about my car to say the least, that 1 day, could offer me some help with key advice if I'm in a "jam". But bc of misunderstandings from a previous thread where we were "banging heads", there was "bad blood", hence the result is "NODDA, ZIP, ZERO" btwn you and I, or any member. That's just lame.. Life's too short for all that nonsense
So in closing, I was relieved to see your last reply, only bc I was expecting something else from you, idk what, but I was dead wrong.
Furthermore, I took a look at some of your posts/responses to random threads (No, I'm not a stalker, LOL), and in looking at them, I can definitely say that you're quite a blessed and fortunate guy
How you got to where you are is not my business, nor am I asking it to be mine, but DANG!!! I could only WISH to be in a predicament where I was asking for some feedback as to whether or not I should trade my C63 for a McLaren or what not... Dude, that car was SICK!!! I'm assuming it didn't happen, but I hope to 1 day work up to where you're at.. it's motivating, along with a few choice others on this forum.
I'm just a regular 35 year old dude working in NYC, happily married to a great wife, and blessed w/ an AWESOME, yet crazy at times 2 & 1/2 year old son I call Jr....and most importantly, with a PASSION for COOL CARS
and especially coming from driving ///Ms for the past 10 years, I must say that, getting into this C63///AMG was 1 of the best decisions that I have ever made, I just wish that I had done it sooner LOL
Ok, the wine has kicked in, and I will be going now...
ALL in ALL, it's *** great to have a forum like this, and even in the few days that I've been in my new C63, I've gotten so much help and felt welcome to this forum. Thanks again fellow members..

@Melman: In judging from the few posts that I've read from you, I am assuming that, right now, you're prob thinking, "what the F is wrong w this guy...a nd what's up w/ all this emotional crap??!" LOL..it's all good,
like you said, you can't expect EVERYONE to react as you planned... so im this case, I think I wrote a "book" Lmao, in which you probably weren't expecting this.. who knows, you may not even ever get this. But it was cool to read your last reply, I wasn't expecting it.
Good luck with your decision issues on a McLaren/ShelbyGT500/or a Z06 and anything else you were considering! ....I sure wish I had that problem!!!! Wait, was there a Nissan GTR in that dilemma as well? hahahaha
Peace and good night~
Old 02-09-2012, 01:08 AM

Dudes, Idk what the heck I just did... lol. But I as trying to reply to Melman..
Excuse the duplicate replies, I'm still a rookie, my bad!!! ahhahaha
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
What is it about living in NJ that make them douchebags on roads? I attend a lot of trackdays at NJMP, seems like they drive like that on the track as well.
Its not just NJ. This happens everywhere. Its very sad.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

MB
Agreed.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM

home the point
It means exactly what it says. I'm only going off of personal experience. I have attended trackdays at NJMP, Pocono, Summit, VIR, Beaver run, Jenning, Barber even once at Monticello when they opened it for bikes. No trackdays have a larger collection of douchebags than the ones taking place in NJMP.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It means exactly what it says. I'm only going off of personal experience. I have attended trackdays at NJMP, Pocono, Summit, VIR, Beaver run, Jenning, Barber even once at Monticello when they opened it for bikes. No trackdays have a larger collection of douchebags than the ones taking place in NJMP.
Your other post did not say that.
Now that you explained what you meant it sounds different then before, a specific place involving a certain group of people as opposed to the whole state of NJ.
Like someone said before "It's not just NJ"
I'm willing to bet that douchebaggery exists in whatever town you are from
Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM

C63 AMG
New Jersey is the arm pit of the US.....

....well maybe not the arm pit...more like the butt crack...

Last edited by melmanc55; 02-09-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New Jersey is the arm pit of the US.....

....well maybe not the arm pit...more like the butt crack...
and your point is ?

This thread is about what happens when people street race and why people should not do it, somehow it got off track by comments that really should not have been said.
A young person died, there is nothing funny about it, learn from it and move on.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM

C63 AMG
and your point is ?

This thread is about what happens when people street race and why people should not do it, somehow it got off track by comments that really should not have been said.
A young person died, there is nothing funny about it, learn from it and move on.
No point just a statement. Oh and I did watch Jersey Shore last night...didn't change my mind but that JWoww is HOT!!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No point just a statement. Oh and I did watch Jersey Shore last night...didn't change my mind but that JWoww is HOT!!
Yep, now I understand why you have that opinion.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Trust me.. JWOW is not hot. TV magic.

Also if NJ is the armpit than Texas is the Anus.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM

C63 AMG
Trust me.. JWOW is not hot. TV magic.
No you need some glasses brother

Also if NJ is the armpit than Texas is the Anus.
Oh I didn't tell you what I think of NY.......

Last edited by melmanc55; 02-10-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 C63S coupe '09 C63, '15 Durango RT, '14 Jeep SRT8
No you need some glasses brother

Oh I didn't tell you what I think of NY.......
another internet thug. All the years of him being bullied and this is how he stands up. He must smack the buttons on the keyboard with every message he writes. loser
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by w204nyc
another internet thug. All the years of him being bullied and this is how he stands up. He must smack the buttons on the keyboard with every message he writes. loser
Texas.. Steers and Queers... and he don't look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down...

Last edited by propain; 02-10-2012 at 02:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why you should NOT "Street Race"