Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems & no one knows.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Mercedes backs the dealership and stands behind the performance work done in Buckheads shop. There have been a few, very few lately, who have given me input as to what could cause this issue and to those I say thanks.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe P31 2021 GLC63s Coupe
If the modifications are installed by an authorized MB kleeman dealership then if anything goes wrong doesn't matter who pays for it, wether Kleeman or MBUSA because the dealership who sold the car will have to foot the bill.

Dinan is a BMW approved tuner installed at some participating dealership so if anything goes wrong with a Dinan BMW take it back to that dealership and they will warranty it.

Originally Posted by tgibrit
Sorry, didn't mean to cause offense, its just that this would be very unusual, i have never heard of car company warrantying after market products. even with BMW and Dinan, the "warranty" is with Dinan not BMW. if your $30K engine implodes, who pays for it? if this dealership is prepared to pick up the tab then i think is great news.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:55 PM

C63
Originally Posted by PartyVan
If the modifications are installed by an authorized MB kleeman dealership then if anything goes wrong doesn't matter who pays for it, wether Kleeman or MBUSA because the dealership who sold the car will have to foot the bill.

Dinan is a BMW approved tuner installed at some participating dealership so if anything goes wrong with a Dinan BMW take it back to that dealership and they will warranty it.
Same deal here. Thank you sir.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by ergon
Sorry son but you don't know what you're talking about.
Fair enough. Good luck with your problems.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
Same deal here. Thank you sir.
As I understand your posts you are dissatisfied with your local dealer who had nothing to do with the installation of the aftermarket parts.

Your ECU ( often referred to as the "fuel computer" by AMG techs) is no longer running maps that originated from MB and the local dealer is aware that the afr issue could be software related. They may be willing to troubleshoot for possible hardware issues only because they sold you the car with a CPO warranty which really surprises me given their knowledge of the modifications. MB of Buckhead may still be your best choice as they are familiar with tuning and can flash files on the premises as I understand.

Good Luck with the resolution regardless of where it gets repaired, however I don't think you will be getting much support from members of this forum by alienating others with snide remarks.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Mercedes backs the dealership and stands behind the performance work done in Buckheads shop. There have been a few, very few lately, who have given me input as to what could cause this issue and to those I say thanks.
There are probably only a few members here that can actually give you sound advise because they are knowledgeable enough to do so. I wouldn't be critical of the lack of response.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 PM

C63
Originally Posted by hhughes1
As I understand your posts you are dissatisfied with your local dealer who had nothing to do with the installation of the aftermarket parts.

Your ECU ( often referred to as the "fuel computer" by AMG techs) is no longer running maps that originated from MB and the local dealer is aware that the afr issue could be software related. They may be willing to troubleshoot for possible hardware issues only because they sold you the car with a CPO warranty which really surprises me given their knowledge of the modifications. MB of Buckhead may still be your best choice as they are familiar with tuning and can flash files on the premises as I understand.

Good Luck with the resolution regardless of where it gets repaired, however I don't think you will be getting much support from members of this forum by alienating others with snide remarks.
Knoxville Mercedes has already sent to ecu back to re flash it. Cory was kind enough to call me and advise of what was done. I didn't think it was the ecu in the first place. .....

........and to the next poster. The dealership has been lying to me. I don't take it well. They get the codes but don't know what to do about it. All they've done is pull the code and send me on my way. They didn't perform a simple vacuum (smoke) test, nor did they check the purge valve, o2 meters. You can swap the wiring connectors from one one mass air to the other to check that. I checked with MBUSA and the dealership didn't even note that I had been there but once. Every time I was there I bought some little something to show I was there.

I got a call from Knoxville late yesterday advising me that they wanted to fix whatever was causing the problem. I'll be there Wednesday. A regional rep. will be on hand and their shop foreman will be performing the work. We'll see.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Lol someone is dicking you around.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:57 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Merc63
Lol someone is dicking you around.
Yeah, I believe your right and I'm going to set there cods on fire tomorrow.