C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec new Bullet proof 722.9 transmission handles 1000 ft/lbs

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Propain, nothing personal but my point is:
Headers have been out for a long time and you don't have them.
Air boxes have been out for a long time and you don't have them.

Perhaps I have missed something but from my standpoint these are basic items. The fact you have not upgraded leads me (and others) to believe you just talk. I am sure when I am back to America I will be running the car BUT, I am not going to make a special trip to make you happy...
Airboxes? Shows how little you know... My airbox mod is just as good as any intake mod you can put on the car. If you had any real experience at all you would know this. Intake mods on the C63 do nothing and are a waste of money. Im sure on the level Dad's took it (A true Ram air) will help. Some will dispute this probably.

My mods have nothing to do with the topic anyhow. I can bring you to my garage and show you 4 cars I have done significant work to. I have turned more wrench hours and made more passes than you any day. Just because you throw money at a company doesnt make you an expert Earl. You cant buy experience. I simply have little interest at this point in modding my C63. While the results are decent its still a big 4 door sedan. Maybe some day.

I really dont care what you do. Sadly you are part of the "data" that Weistec is selling and I am always interested in data. This is nothing personal against Weistec. They are doing good work it seems I just would like to finally see some results. Again, I dont think that is asking to much.
That is the only reason I lump you into the subject. Otherwise you could take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

Last edited by propain; 03-26-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by SSAamg
Propain, have you realized that every post that has Weistec written in it has your muddy imprint in it? I'm pretty sure the parts they release have been tested on the highest hp cars. Just get over it man. Their parts work, and I can bet that over time everyone who wants to go faster than 10's (or 11's in your case) will be using these parts.

Cheers Mate.
He has no clue about what testing has been done. I didn't spend 5 weeks(2/15-3/22) in at Weistec in California with my car for nothing. Take my word when I tell you the system is solid and can handle the power that is quoted on the Weistec page.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GeorgeSmooth
Some people like reading about things and other people like doing them. I think he is a reader
There are do'ers and dreamers in the world everyone falls under one of those two categories.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jrcart
He has no clue about what testing has been done. I didn't spend 5 weeks(2/15-3/22) in at Weistec in California with my car for nothing. Take my word when I tell you the system is solid and can handle the power that is quoted on the Weistec page.
I dont have a clue, thats why I asked. I dont know why everyone is so sensitive.

Thank you for this. Good to know. Still looking forward to your results on the East Coast. Ill be there with something Im sure.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOL - spot on....other people say to put up or shut up.

I believe propain may have posted warranty questions and how much power Weistec makes on pump gas with 6 pounds boost. I am pretty sure that even though these claims are now backed up from people all over the world who have bought the Stage 1 blower, propain has not purchased the system.

George - you received my email with the video clip showing the TC flashing to 2500?
Earl, don't get worked up, it's not worth it. You and I are the only two people posting in this thread that have ALL the facts and information regarding this modification and the other Weistec products that are going to be released over then next few weeks.

Propain, Earl or I don't owe you any explainations but here are some answers to your questions regarding testing.

Fact: Earls car has been running around southern California with this transmission in it since about November of 2011 racking up alot of street miles and countless trips to the dyno, in addition to the trans the car was also rolling around with a larger 3.0L blower and other mods on it making more HP and TQ than you will ever be making with your car.

My car has been rolling around southern California since late Febuary with this trans, the 3.0L blower and a fully built motor (pistons, rods, etc.) making even more HP and TQ than Earls was. Now that the entire package has been proven on my car the engine internals are being installed in Earls cars. Mike and Steve at Weistec are methodical and if I do say a bit **** about everything they do, trust me when I say this system has been thoroughly tested or you would not be reading about it or seeing it for sale on their web site.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-26-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Propain so your tune only sig is not quite accurate then as that is what I was basing my tune only comments on. My original point remains that is you are not going to do any mods, why do you care about a warranty.

Lastly do you care what aircraft is in my hanger? Probably not so why should I care about what is in your garage.

Last edited by ecampbell; 03-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
There are do'ers and dreamers in the world everyone falls under one of those two categories.
I would like to think I am both! I have nothing against propain...i guess he simply wants to show...well, I guess I don't know. My feelings are if you not serious about buying something, why say you want to see real world testing....ultimately it will not change the decision already made.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Jrcart: when will you have your car at the track next?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Earl, don't get worked up, it's not worth it. You and I are the only two people posting in this thread that have ALL the facts and information regarding this modification and the other Weistec products that are going to be released over then next few weeks.

Propain, Earl or I don't owe you any explainations but here are some answers to your questions regarding testing.

Fact: Earls car has been running around southern California with this transmission in it since about November of 2011 racking up alot of street miles and countless trips to the dyno, in addition to the trans the car was also rolling around with a larger 3.0L blower and other mods on it making more HP and TQ than you will ever be making with your car.

My car has been rolling around southern California since late Febuary with this trans, the 3.0L blower and a fully built motor (pistons, rods, etc.) making even more HP and TQ than Earls was. Now that the entire package has been proven on my car the engine internals are being installed in Earls cars. Mike and Steve at Weistec are methodical and if I do say a bit **** about everything they do, trust me when I say this system has been thoroughly tested or you would not be reading about it or seeing it for sale on their web site.
That was kinda my point. You and Earl know the details but those details really arent public yet. Im glad its working out for you both and thank you for the info. I dont believe you owe me anything but I would think if you are backing a product and are the source for the data they are selling you would be happy to give the info.

Propain so your tune only sig is not quite accurate then as that is what I was basing my tune only comments on. My original point remains that is you are not going to do any mods, why do you care about a warranty.
Tune only is a term Earl. Just like there is nothing stock about "Stock car racing" I just followed the same term and put my name on it. My Stock airbox has been modified by TTM. Its still the stock box but some pastic has been cut off to spread the flow more evenly over the filter. I dont think it increases flow but it uses it more efficiently.

Prior to Petro's best time his previous best was set using my Intake and removing his RENNtech intake. You do the math on that one.

I care about warranty due to the claim. If the company is confident about its claims than it should come with a guarantee or warranty. If not you might as well say its rated for 2000 lbs.

Lastly do you care what aircraft is in my hanger? Probably not so why should I care about what is in your garage.
You are using my mods on my car as your arguement insinuating that I talk more than mod. I simply stated I have other cars that I have moded and that I do more than talk as you alluded to. "Aircraft in my hanger" LOL!

I would like to think I am both! I have nothing against propain...i guess he simply wants to show...well, I guess I don't know. My feelings are if you not serious about buying something, why say you want to see real world testing....ultimately it will not change the decision already made.
I am serious about cars. Asking for results to claims has nothing to do with purchasing the mods. I am simply interested in REAL results. By your logic you should only be interested in things you want to do. So you shouldnt be interested in the space program unless you have a seat on the next rocket to space. I disagree with your logic.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by propain

Tune only is a term Earl. Just like there is nothing stock about "Stock car racing" I just followed the same term and put my name on it. My Stock airbox has been modified by TTM. Its still the stock box but some pastic has been cut off to spread the flow more evenly over the filter. I dont think it increases flow but it uses it more efficiently. .
Bro, seriously. You have two people that have applied the best forced induction system for the M156 and made upgrades to thier entire drivetrain and your talking about how you made modification to your intake that propabley just gave you 5hp?. You are in a diffrent league man

werent you supposed to get some headers last fall?

I am serious about cars. Asking for results to claims has nothing to do with purchasing the mods. I am simply interested in REAL results. By your logic you should only be interested in things you want to do. So you shouldnt be interested in the space program unless you have a seat on the next rocket to space. I disagree with your logic.
Why dont you be patient like we all are and you will get your results. Or how about this, take your OE tuned C63 and meet up with Jim or Earl and race them and see for yourslef how they compare to your "Tune only Record" car. I happen to be a weistec customer with a weistec supercharger. I did not wait for results to buy my SC. why do you always want to follow what people do. dont you want to be in the lead for once.

Jim and Earl are certainly leading. Be positive and patient and try to show some appreciation. I think they deserve it.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Actually we do agree, I don't care about the space program.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63
LMAO, give the guy a break. This forum, seriously.

New "BULLET PROOF" tranny coming out of nowhere (aside from jrcart and ecampbell and weistec and a few others in the know) but you can't be interested in results unless you plan on buying it? GTFO here.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by drawde

New "BULLET PROOF" tranny coming out of nowhere (aside from jrcart and ecampbell and weistec and a few others in the know) but you can't be interested in results unless you plan on buying it? GTFO here.
No one said anything about results. This clusterfuk started by me simply stating that before worrying about a warranty or guarantee, perhaps propain should be looking at headers or air boxes.

Back to the original thread, it is nice to see a company pushing out new technologies to the platform and who knows what could be next...
Old 03-26-2012, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
No one said anything about results. This clusterfuk started by me simply stating that before worrying about a warranty or guarantee, perhaps propain should be looking at headers or air boxes.

Back to the original thread, it is nice to see a company pushing out new technologies to the platform and who knows what could be next...
Thats the point.. no one has said anything....
Old 03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by drawde

who ever said that???

what is your problem dude?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That was kinda my point. You and Earl know the details but those details really arent public yet. Im glad its working out for you both and thank you for the info. I dont believe you owe me anything but I would think if you are backing a product and are the source for the data they are selling you would be happy to give the info.

Tune only is a term Earl. Just like there is nothing stock about "Stock car racing" I just followed the same term and put my name on it. My Stock airbox has been modified by TTM. Its still the stock box but some pastic has been cut off to spread the flow more evenly over the filter. I dont think it increases flow but it uses it more efficiently.

Prior to Petro's best time his previous best was set using my Intake and removing his RENNtech intake. You do the math on that one.

I care about warranty due to the claim. If the company is confident about its claims than it should come with a guarantee or warranty. If not you might as well say its rated for 2000 lbs.

You are using my mods on my car as your arguement insinuating that I talk more than mod. I simply stated I have other cars that I have moded and that I do more than talk as you alluded to. "Aircraft in my hanger" LOL!

Propain, I have nothing against you man, some of your questions in this thread look more like acussations however. As Earl and I have been saying all winter Weistec will release the info as they see fit and the release of this info on their FB page and Website on Saturday morning proves that to be true. I would love to share every detail of my winter build with you guys as I am sure would Earl on his build but Weistec has asked that we hold off until they are ready so that all the proper testing can be done on EVERYTHING and so that they can build some inventory on these new products before they release it. I can only image the flaming people would give Weistec...or any company for that matter that announces some breakthrough product, got everyone salivating about it but then said "you're gonna have to wait a month or two to buy one".

Anyone that questions the word of Weistec at this point is either a noob or just clueless, they have delivered on every one of their products and have done things that everyone else said was impossible. They have(probably)sold over 100 SC units(thats just my guess) in the past 15 or so months and we have not heard of a single failure of a blower or a single failure of a motor as a result of their hardware or software. Their latest offerings that have been devoloped on Earl's and my car over the past 5 months are going to be yet again another game changer for the M156/M159 platform. I promise you won't have to wait much longer to see the facts, data and results that you and others have been waiting for, we have all the data complete but it's Weistecs call on when it will be released, but I do know that they are very close now and you guys will be amazed at the results you see when they are posted.

If you guys are in a big hurry for results freind Wesitec on FB becuase they post their and their website before they post anywhere else.

Last edited by jrcart; 03-26-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
Guys,
The proof will come in time. Lets not dilute this thread into an argument.
Jim, Earl, and the others that have given time and $$$ to this project need to be thanked and appreciated. They put their cars in the line of testing and have helped to pay for all this. I AM THANKFUL and will tell them publicly THANK YOU for their efforts and $$$ spent. I do understand what it takes to go fast and have spent plenty (not as much as they have but enough) to appreciate R&D and what that allows future customers to enjoy.

Weistec is a great company as far as I can tell by the few conversations I've had with Steve. He seems like a stand up guy and will stand behind his products.

Don't get your pants in a wad yet. Lets get the products out there and let them speak for themselves which I am confident they will.

KUDOS to Weistec for going above and beyond to make things happen that we all thought at one point were the impossible.

Thank you to all that will help make these products a reality and available to customers like us!!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Guys,
Jim, Earl, and the others that have given time and $$$ to this project need to be thanked and appreciated. They put their cars in the line of testing and have helped to pay for all this. I AM THANKFUL and will tell them publicly THANK YOU for their efforts and $$$ spent. I do understand what it takes to go fast and have spent plenty (not as much as they have but enough) to appreciate R&D and what that allows future customers to enjoy.

Weistec is a great company as far as I can tell by the few conversations I've had with Steve. He seems like a stand up guy and will stand behind his products.

Don't get your pants in a wad yet. Lets get the products out there and let them speak for themselves which I am confident they will.

KUDOS to Weistec for going above and beyond to make things happen that we all thought at one point were the impossible.

Thank you to all that will help make these products a reality and available to customers like us!!
Two my friend.

And I wish you good luck when you get yours back

Get into the 9's DAD
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Dads C63
Guys,

Great post...that's what it's all about.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Keith,

Don't thank me, just buy me a beer when we race in Orlando/Bradenton!

e
Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
God I know where this is heading..
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Do you care what aircraft is in my hanger?
As a 21 year old pilot flying with my dad since I can remember I do -Lets hear it! Or better yet post some pictures! Why drive when you can fly right?!

ps. I am interested in the Transmission and as well as the SC system. Maybe they will start to offer some bigger packages to give our wallets a little break.

Last edited by VaclavSV; 03-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
As a 21 year old pilot flying with my dad since I can remember I do -Lets hear it! Or better yet post some pictures! Why drive when you can fly right?!

ps. I am interested in the Transmission and as well as the SC system. Maybe they will start to offer some bigger packages to give our wallets a little break.
For some reason that seems like a challange? Earl might not be one to challange from what I hear
Old 03-26-2012, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VaclavSV

I can tell you he was in Europe a week or two ago to sell a 737...at least I think that's what I recall he said it was, I don't know shizzle about planes but I know the one he was selling was big, like the size of a passenger jet liner. Earl doesn't mess around.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Haha not a challenge I genuinely love planes! (So Im curious) Grew up in a tri-pacer moved up to turboprops. But just like Propain I would like more published data, maybe a couple videos etc. I would love to buy some wiestec products in the future when I have the money so more information is much appreciated!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Weistec new Bullet proof 722.9 transmission handles 1000 ft/lbs