Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's BS Got Taken for a Joyride?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
Yes uncklebunkie (awesome nick btw), what did they do to make you feel better after you find out your car got taken for a ride without your permission. Free tires? We sure would love to know after all this craziness.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Originally Posted by Unclebunkie
I think people went a bit overboard on this forum. No doubt it bothered me a bit about the 'test drive' but Star was stellar in their handling of the situation, and in the end, it's a car. I tear up the tires on my GTR all the time. I push it's limits. I'll do the same with the AMG. I bought this car to drive the snot out of it. Come to Calabogie MP and see.
I'm glad you're happy with the outcome & is taking this whole incident with a grain of salt. And however you drive your car (and your GTR) is fine with all of us.

On the other hand, I don't agree totally about ppl going overboard on this forum though... we were just looking out for you & each others regarding this kind of incident. If you got a "stellar" treatment or any form of compensation, you have to give credit to the members of this forum. Just my opinion though.

Once again, congratulations on your new beast & welcome to the forum!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 GLC63, 2020 M2 Comp, 96 Miata M Edition & 19 Forester
Roswell - you are just so great at reading our minds.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
UncleBuckie: Did they offer you anything as compensation? Extended warranty or tires or anything?

All of these ballers in Ottawa...I must be in the wrong city/country :p
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Even if they offered free oil changes or free tires or free anything, there is no way I'd bring my car back there.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 AM

S550
The buyer being a business owner helps. The fact of the matter it takes employees to make the world go around. Some not as respectful as others. Or inteliigent.

And the response by sls seems in line with the employess I've had problems with. the ones that think everyone owes them something and in some twisted world justify their actions.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM

C63 AMG Black Series
I will not comment specifically on how Star Motors compensated me, but they did, and it exceeds what I would have expected.

More importantly in my opinion Star Motors response of great concern and remorse, their internal action and their professionalism have proven to me that they are and upstanding business with great integrity. I could not have handled it better.

Again I will say, as a business owner, I can not control all the actions of my employees. And there are some who make really bad judgement calls. Really bad! But they are not representative of what my company is. They are unfortunately, the opposite. In the end, it's how we respond corporately, which represents the character of the company.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 PM

07 S8, 07 A6 (Sold), 06 STi (Sold)
I will not comment specifically on how Star Motors compensated me, but they did, and it exceeds what I would have expected.
Good to hear that the dealer gave you something and you are pleased with what they gave you.

I'm glad the video was posted on autoblog and other popular car forums. I know it wont stop every techs and others from joyriding someone else's car without their permission, but they will think twice.

P.S- These days, you can't make 10 different accounts and try to be someone else and back up your own opinion any more...Mods are watching.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon

More importantly in my opinion Star Motors response of great concern and remorse, their internal action and their professionalism have proven to me that they are and upstanding business with great integrity. I could not have handled it better.

Again I will say, as a business owner, I can not control all the actions of my employees. And there are some who make really bad judgement calls. Really bad! But they are not representative of what my company is. They are unfortunately, the opposite. In the end, it's how we respond corporately, which represents the character of the company.
Why won't you comment? There was no lawsuit, so I'm guessing that there was no N.D.A.

While it's true you cannot control the actions of your employees, it's also true that the work of the membership here got you to the point you're at now, with this mess. They're the ones directly responsible for compensation from Star Motors that has exceeded your expectations, in your own words.

If not for the investigation and work that the membership put in, you'd be riding around in your new BS, none the wiser. Without any of that compensation that you speak so highly of.

At the very least, I think you owe the membership an insight into how everything played out.

More importantly in my opinion Star Motors response of great concern and remorse, their internal action....
Sounds like to me at the very least, these jokers got fired.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Why won't you comment? There was no lawsuit, so I'm guessing that there was no N.D.A.

If not for the investigation and work that the membership put in, you'd be riding around in your new BS, none the wiser. Without any of that compensation that you speak so highly of.

At the very least, I think you owe the membership an insight into how everything played out.
He's a business owner and he understands that agreements made in a situation like this need not be shared. He's satisfied with the outcome and that's what counts.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I don't think he owes us anything to be honest. Unless we are the kind of people who won't do anything for free..

When I do something, I do it out of the goodness of my black heart (to be used later against you.. ), but I do not expect anything in return. If I do, then great, if not, no loss.

Also, while no NDA may or may not have been involved, you can bet that the legal group from the dealer probably was. And at the same time, why foster a potentially bad relationship with the dealer if there is no need to.

It would be nice to know, but that is about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
The most important thing is that this was resolved. Great example of the power this community has as a real resource to owners and enthusiasts.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD

While it's true you cannot control the actions of your employees, it's also true that the work of the membership here got you to the point you're at now, with this mess. They're the ones directly responsible for compensation from Star Motors that has exceeded your expectations, in your own words.

Sounds like to me at the very least, these jokers got fired.
No offense, Benz-O-Rama, but honestly this compensation is absolutely none of your business. N.D.A. or not...

This "joyride" was also posted on Autoblog.com and probably Jalopnik (I didn't check) so we can't be certain that the compensation received was solely due to these forums. Maybe the GM of the dealership read Autoblog first? Even if it was members from this site that initially made the GM aware of the situation, the choice was the GM's on how to react. He could have quite honestly said, "yes, it was test driven, I'll add an engine and transmission warranty for the lifetime that you own the car" and left it at that...

Being a business owner myself, and I am not talking about some mom and pop store, I am talking about a major corporation, I can see this from Unclebunkie's viewpoint. Not only about not wanting to disclose information, but his level of understanding. I have been at the receiving end of unsatisfied consumers who are unsatisfied solely because of an interaction with an employee. While my business does not involve technicians and vehicles, it does involve employees. And when my employees make bad judgments, I usually have to offer some sort of compensation. While I wouldn't necessarily mind if a previously unhappy customer disclosed what I did to satisfy them, I certainly wouldn't expect them to do so, nor would I want all of my customers to do so, and the ones that did, I would hope they wouldn't give out all of the details. Just mentioning that I rectified the situation is what I would expect. Case in point. I used to be a major electronics dealer on eBay. I sold many electronics to foreign customers, especially when European currency was extremely strong compared to the U.S. Dollar. I sold a camera to someone in the U.K. and made a good three hundred dollars plus on profit on it. I explicitly stated in my policies that under no circumstances would I mark "gift" on the shipping slip. Of course, he got nailed for the V.A.T. Next thing you know, I am getting a phone call at 2:00 AM with this guy complaining that he has to pay the V.A.T. Of course, he knows that because I have a 100% positive rating on eBay, he probably can complain a little and I will do something about it. And he knows that it is 2:00 AM my time. And, he is right. I don't want to lose my 100% positive rating and I can't complain that it is 2:00 AM. So I ask him what the V.A.T. is and we reach an agreement of me paying 75% of the V.A.T. I still make $200+ profit on the camera and receive a positive feedback. He also writes a recommendation for my company on his website. He doesn't necessarily disclose what I did, but lets everyone know that he was extremely happy with my interactions with him. Come to find out, this guy runs an extremely popular website in the U.K. and my business increases tremendously and through this interaction one of my current business partners is introduced to me. He didn't state what I did, only that my customer service was top notch.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series

Well said. I however would have been satisfied with just a Thank You from the owner to the members of the forum. (Surprised he hasn't done that in his first 4 posts) Nonetheless I still would do it all over again to help a fellow AMG owner any way possible.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM

C63 AMG Black Series
I'll make one final comment. I owe nothing to anyone. I posted on this forum to clarify what had been done to rectify this situation. Other than that, it's really no ones business but mine.

All the best.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
Well said. I however would have been satisfied with just a Thank You from the owner to the members of the forum. (Surprised he hasn't done that in his first 4 posts) Nonetheless I still would do it all over again to help a fellow AMG owner any way possible.
Yah...he should thank you for reposting a video that was already on YouTube

Get over it......he did
Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 PM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by 06E55
No offense, Benz-O-Rama, but honestly this compensation is absolutely none of your business. N.D.A. or not...

This "joyride" was also posted on Autoblog.com and probably Jalopnik (I didn't check) so we can't be certain that the compensation received was solely due to these forums. Maybe the GM of the dealership read Autoblog first? Even if it was members from this site that initially made the GM aware of the situation, the choice was the GM's on how to react. He could have quite honestly said, "yes, it was test driven, I'll add an engine and transmission warranty for the lifetime that you own the car" and left it at that...

Being a business owner myself, and I am not talking about some mom and pop store, I am talking about a major corporation, I can see this from Unclebunkie's viewpoint. Not only about not wanting to disclose information, but his level of understanding. I have been at the receiving end of unsatisfied consumers who are unsatisfied solely because of an interaction with an employee. While my business does not involve technicians and vehicles, it does involve employees. And when my employees make bad judgments, I usually have to offer some sort of compensation. While I wouldn't necessarily mind if a previously unhappy customer disclosed what I did to satisfy them, I certainly wouldn't expect them to do so, nor would I want all of my customers to do so, and the ones that did, I would hope they wouldn't give out all of the details. Just mentioning that I rectified the situation is what I would expect. Case in point. I used to be a major electronics dealer on eBay. I sold many electronics to foreign customers, especially when European currency was extremely strong compared to the U.S. Dollar. I sold a camera to someone in the U.K. and made a good three hundred dollars plus on profit on it. I explicitly stated in my policies that under no circumstances would I mark "gift" on the shipping slip. Of course, he got nailed for the V.A.T. Next thing you know, I am getting a phone call at 2:00 AM with this guy complaining that he has to pay the V.A.T. Of course, he knows that because I have a 100% positive rating on eBay, he probably can complain a little and I will do something about it. And he knows that it is 2:00 AM my time. And, he is right. I don't want to lose my 100% positive rating and I can't complain that it is 2:00 AM. So I ask him what the V.A.T. is and we reach an agreement of me paying 75% of the V.A.T. I still make $200+ profit on the camera and receive a positive feedback. He also writes a recommendation for my company on his website. He doesn't necessarily disclose what I did, but lets everyone know that he was extremely happy with my interactions with him. Come to find out, this guy runs an extremely popular website in the U.K. and my business increases tremendously and through this interaction one of my current business partners is introduced to me. He didn't state what I did, only that my customer service was top notch.

Actually the Autoblog article was picked up after a member here caught it on Youtube and it was never on Jalopnik. You need to get your facts straight. And since the membership here was the driving force behind uncovering this mess and bringing it to the attention of the dealership; the resulting resolution/compensation should be made public. But it would seem that the new owner of this car is not willing to discuss it and from the following is also an ungrateful jerk.

I'll make one final comment. I owe nothing to anyone. I posted on this forum to clarify what had been done to rectify this situation. Other than that, it's really no ones business but mine.

All the best.
Seriously ??? If it were not for the membership here you would have never received the compensation that you claim to be so happy about. You seem like an intelligent guy...I find it difficult to believe that you can't understand something as simple as that, but considering your comments here I'm not surprised. Seems money really can't buy class. LAME.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 PM

CLK63 Black Series
As the owner of this car, I must say, Star Motors handled this situation quickly and professionally.

I received a call from their GM and Sales Manager, informing me of what happened. Because of their response to this unfortunate event, I am fully confident in the dealership and those running it. I still highly recommend Star Motors as a very competent and capable dealership.

As a business owner, I understand how people down the line can make poor judgement calls. It happens. What I do to deal with those situations is what reflects on what kind of company we are. Star Motors handled this very well. I am impressed.
And to what do you attribute their expeditious handling of this ? You think they stumbled upon the video on their own ??
Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 - British Racing Green
I think it is time to close this thread... no good will come of it from here on out...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All the best.
HAHAHA WOW!

- that is all. The video was taken down before I ever posted it, and thus the dealer wouldn't have ever seen it. We are all just curious, and wanting to see how we have made a difference.

I thought you were the someone from dealership pretending to be the owner from your first post. And since you haven't posted a single picture of the car, along with that response... Im starting to go with my gut. Congrats on the BS (If you are infact the owner) its a great car, too bad it doesn't define great people.

Last edited by VaclavSV; 04-17-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by VaclavSV

A Thank You should never be an forced outcome, to say nothing of pressuring him to release a contractual information when he made it clear he's not going to.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by callmiro
Yah...he should thank you for reposting a video that was already on YouTube

Get over it......he did
Where did he??? -and the original video was taken down before I reuploaded it due to comments being written threatening the guys and they realized their mistake. If it wasn't for us reposting the video there would have been no evidence of this occurrence other than a few of us writing in a forum.

I just thought it would have been nice if he thanked us for helping him realize what was done, which allowed him to gain compensation. Imagine the car has Tanny problems, or the LSD which only has a limited lifespan anyways fails early... theres a few $K outta the pocket. The guy seems like a huge dick anyways so it doesn't matter to me anymore.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C204, W209, W164
Originally Posted by balthaser
A Thank You should never be an forced outcome, to say nothing of pressuring him to release a contractual information when he made it clear he's not going to.
I never knew inevitable compensation was considered 'contractual' when the dealership's employees decided to take an already sold vehicle out for a roller coaster ride with nothing short of a couple of miles on the car... all without ANY right to do so.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 155 Posts
SL55, S500
BenzO has a point.

This outcome is a direct result of MBWORLD.

In fact this whole situation is a by-product of team work on here, The owner of the car is in the debt of the people who brought these things to light.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 AM

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
BenzO has a point.

This outcome is a direct result of MBWORLD.

In fact this whole situation is a by-product of team work on here, The owner of the car is in the debt of the people who brought these things to light.
Seems he feels differently. Just another self entitled jerk. I'd like to hear more about his "professional racing" LOL.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who's BS Got Taken for a Joyride?