Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by siopaolover
lolol this is gonna be great
Agreed!

Just when this thread seemed to be winding down, SLS63AMG made that post. When I first read it, I thought "uh oh, there goes the neighborhood..."

VaclavSV, repost the vid. It doesn't appear anyone's learned their lesson.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Agreed!

Just when this thread seemed to be winding down, SLS63AMG made that post. When I first read it, I thought "uh oh, there goes the neighborhood..."

Agreed. But I kind of feel sorry for the parties involved now. I know it's no excuse, but they seem like dimwitted folks that clearly don't understand right from wrong. They definitely should not be disrespecting other people's property thinking that it's fine.

If the owners of Star Motors want, I can advise them who SLS63AMG exactly is. SLS63AMG has a clear relationship with the service department at Star Motors. I'll just say that it's most likely a spouse of one of the persons involved. Yes, I have pretty solid information (and screencaps).
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 PM

2009 Evo X 420 AWHP, 2012 C250 Sedan
non of the links work.. video is private?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by nlpamg
Agreed. But I kind of feel sorry for the parties involved now. I know it's no excuse, but they seem like dimwitted folks that clearly don't understand right from wrong. They definitely should not be disrespecting other people's property thinking that it's fine.

If the owners of Star Motors want, I can advise them who SLS63AMG exactly is. SLS63AMG has a clear relationship with the service department at Star Motors. I'll just say that it's most likely a spouse of one of the persons involved. Yes, I have pretty solid information (and screencaps).
Good looking out. Funny how people (wrongfully) assume the internet is anonymous.

And, excellent post - agree fully... especially the dimwitted part.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by siopaolover
lolol this is gonna be great
Originally Posted by stangxs
lol, and this thread just got better; eh?
+1

Originally Posted by SLS63AMG
For all the people on here who trashed the tech(s) who "quote/unquote" went for a joyride.... YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!! Not one of you can tell me, given the chance, you wouldn't do the same, if not worse. Besides WATCH the vidio again. He didn't tailgate, he signaled for all turns, he didn't go over the train tacks excessively fast, or anything abusive to the car. How was any damage done? Was it a dirt road he was on? Did you hear rocks hiting the car? Stone chips etc? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! People need to get a life!! Its a MERCEDES BENZ!!! Its not a Ford, a GM or any other inferior product. It's an AMG made to handle a hell of a lot more abuse!! The REV limiter is just that!! A REV LIMITER!! IT PROTECTS THE ENGINE! DUH!!!

Besisdes its takes more then 1Km to do a proper PDI!!
SLS63AMG its sad to see you come onto the forum and make this remark. We never said that any damage was done. We simply said that being the person who has custom ordered that car and paid for it in full (not to mention waited a year) we wouldn't want anyone abusing the car the way that it was. Kicking down the throttle, holding the revs at the limit, and sliding the tires are all ways that have in the past caused problems for a car of this nature down the road. There are members that can explain how the transmission and LSD needs to be broken in properly. That is why there is very specific rules on how to drive the vehicle for the first few 1000 kms. The techs clearly disobeyed the breaking rules, which is what was so sad to see. Pulling that car off the lot I can be the first one to say the temp was probably not warm enough to be in some of those tranny modes.

Just to make it clear, if this wasn't bad behaviour MB wouldn't have taken any action in the matter. And everyone would be on their way. Its funny because the speeds aren't what bother me. Its the fact that knowing the owner's car was being disrespectfully driven for someone else's pleasure... the comments in the video make that more than clear, as does filming the whole ordeal.

These techs should do what other "more responsible" techs do and go to an AMG event where driving the car hard is expected. Some of us do drive the car like mentioned however, we did spend ~90K to be able to own a car like this. Im not going to take advantage of someone else's property without their consent. Its wrong. Your comment was not enough to change any opinions on this forum, or anyone who looks at the situation analytically. In fact all it did was pull my remorse for the two techs involved. I removed the video as a favour to them. Hoping they had learned a valuable lesson from their mistake. Trying to justify ones wrongful actions is not right.

Originally Posted by GuppyC63
This is going to get worst. Why comment here?????? I guess he has not learned his lesson. Repost the video please!
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
I didn't want to do this but Ill repost it for a bit longer.-even though watching it upsets me.

Heres the link:
Old 04-14-2012, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
For all the people on here who trashed the tech(s) who "quote/unquote" went for a joyride.... YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!! Not one of you can tell me, given the chance, you wouldn't do the same, if not worse. Besides WATCH the vidio again. He didn't tailgate, he signaled for all turns, he didn't go over the train tacks excessively fast, or anything abusive to the car. How was any damage done? Was it a dirt road he was on? Did you hear rocks hiting the car? Stone chips etc? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! People need to get a life!! Its a MERCEDES BENZ!!! Its not a Ford, a GM or any other inferior product. It's an AMG made to handle a hell of a lot more abuse!! The REV limiter is just that!! A REV LIMITER!! IT PROTECTS THE ENGINE! DUH!!!

Besisdes its takes more then 1Km to do a proper PDI!!
My last new vehicle had 3 miles on its odometer when the dealer received their cash and I got the keys.
It’s proven flawless under my vigorous tutelage.

Paraphrasing Colonel Jessup, “You’ve messed with the wrong moderator!”
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Not very smart coming and posting on the forums. Especially after the flame already died down. Our shop foreman would have destroyed them. I feel bad for the GM that about fixed the situation and he came blabbing his mouth. Looks like they do not respect their bosses or enthusiasts. I would never ever do something like that in any ones car that's what MB sends us to on-track for guys, DUH!

Last edited by JonMBZ; 04-14-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe

It is just insane that the guys (or someone associated with them) in the video would then post here. Do they really think it will make any of this better? The lack of intelligence demonstrated here helps us to understand how this happened in the first place... they just didn't know any better. Making a bad decision to take someone else's car for a joyride is one thing... taking a video and posting it to YouTube to brag about it is just stupid... coming here and pretending to be someone else and defending it is plain mind boggling. It amazes me that people can lack this much common sense.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 PM

C63, CLS550, CLK BS, Sprinter Passenger Van, Odyssey
Can we still trust our Mercedes Technicians to work on our cars? They seemed not so smart!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AW
You'd have to think that people in an MB forum would be intelligent and have resources at their disposal. Why would you throw gas on this fire?

Not to bright, but then again, I'm seeing a pattern.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 PM

2012 C63, '07 Acura MDX
sls63amg,

Does your SLS automatically shift to the next gear once it hits the rev limiter?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
OMG, is this SLS63AMG a joke? If he is indeed related to the 2 persons involved, I will start questioning myself before servicing my car there again... I mean, if they don't understand we work hard for our cars & love our cars as a passion! And in my situation, I don't even drive my car hard... so I expect the service ppl to baby my car the way I do... then they don't deserve my business.

I heard great reviews about Young's Garage... anyone in Ottawa have dealt with them?

Edit: I felt sorry for them, and was hoping they don't lose their job... but rather change the way they drive our cars after this.. but if they are indeed defending their actions here, then they lost my respect big time.

Last edited by Roswell; 04-14-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
You don't drive your car hard?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Originally Posted by biglee73
sls63amg,

Does your SLS automatically shift to the next gear once it hits the rev limiter?
LOL!!!!!!

+63
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 PM

SLS 63 E 63
My apologies to those who have assumed that my message was agreeing with the actions of those in the video. In some posts it was said that due to the roads there could be damage to the paint on the car etc.. I was merely stating that after viewing the video I cannot see how that could be possible. Yes I could have chosen better words. My intention was not to put "fuel on the fire". My apologies to anyone I may have offended on this forum.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^ Even Money... No, I actually hardly drive my car... lol ! I have my own business & work 6.5days a week... 365 days a year. So I drive my commercial van everyday. The C63 is my sunday car... sad but true.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
My apologies to those who have assumed that my message was agreeing with the actions of those in the video. In some posts it was said that due to the roads there could be damage to the paint on the car etc.. I was merely stating that after viewing the video I cannot see how that could be possible. Yes I could have chosen better words. My intention was not to put "fuel on the fire". My apologies to anyone I may have offended on this forum.

yyyeeeaaahhh...too late, you've been EXPOSED. Backpedaling ain't gonna work at this stage.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Originally Posted by Roswell
^^ Even Money... No, I actually hardly drive my car... lol ! I have my own business & work 6.5days a week... 365 days a year. So I drive my commercial van everyday. The C63 is my sunday car... sad but true.
I can vouch for Roswell, I think he just passed his break in miles, his car is like a lunar eclipse....if your lucky you will see it....just having fun with you Meng!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol at Nick! After 2 years, I have 4500km.. What a waste! I told the wifey i will drive it more this year... Too bad my workplace doesn't have a safe parking.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
Okeydokey, should have proof read the crap you posted first, you know, the flammable stuff that is going to outrage even more car fanatics, looks like the supermoderator has an idea what your association is with this.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
This thread is better then the thread years ago about the guy who was scamming people with wheels that he didn't have.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by coladin
yyyeeeaaahhh...too late, you've been EXPOSED. Backpedaling ain't gonna work at this stage.
this
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
I get why some people could be upset about this. But let's all be honest. I bet those of us who own AMGs that took our vehicles out for test drives drove them much harder than this on the test drive!!! When the new E63 came out (W212), I stopped by my dealership and had a look at it. My salesman let me have a test drive knowing I wasn't really considering purchasing it and actually encouraged me to get on it since he knew I had a 55... He wanted me to compare how fast the shifts were and how different the steering was compared to my 55... Only one way to do this... By driving it... I even had it up to 100+ on the highway...

Not to mention, those of us that own AMGs probably drive them harder than this on a regular basis... I know I do... I used to drive mine as a daily driver, but now it's only occasional weeknights and weekends... And when I do get to drive it, I drive it hard!

Let's face it, this wasn't hard on this vehicle as all... As others have mentioned, the engine can surely take the abuse, as it has already been broken in... The rev limiter did it's job and limited the revs... And those talking about the transmission are full of crap... This transmission can handle more torque than this car currently produces...

My only complaint would be the techs doing this to another person's car... But let's again be honest, I am sure almost all AMGs have been driven similarly by techs... The only difference is, they didn't post it on YouTube... These guys did and it sounds like they are suffering the consequences... If the owner decided to take ownership of the vehicle (I think he should have the right to back out with a full refund of the deposit if applicable), the guy should get a lifetime warranty on the transmission (just to be on the safe side) as well as a free set of tires when these ones are finished... Maybe a free oil change as well, if the maintenance package wasn't already included...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
This is really common practice. The rev limiter was a bit over the top but let's be realistic, the car is fine, no harm was done except some respect and trust was lost.

If you guys are thinking this caused damage to the car, let me assure you that I drove mine 5x harder with 30km on it and the car is perfectly fine. 50K km later, my compression is bang on and we just did a tranny flush today at a DIY shop. The magnets on the tranny pan were extremely clean my tech friend said.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by 06E55
I get why some people could be upset about this. But let's all be honest. I bet those of us who own AMGs that took our vehicles out for test drives drove them much harder than this on the test drive!!! When the new E63 came out (W212), I stopped by my dealership and had a look at it. My salesman let me have a test drive knowing I wasn't really considering purchasing it and actually encouraged me to get on it since he knew I had a 55... He wanted me to compare how fast the shifts were and how different the steering was compared to my 55... Only one way to do this... By driving it... I even had it up to 100+ on the highway...

Not to mention, those of us that own AMGs probably drive them harder than this on a regular basis... I know I do... I used to drive mine as a daily driver, but now it's only occasional weeknights and weekends... And when I do get to drive it, I drive it hard!

Let's face it, this wasn't hard on this vehicle as all... As others have mentioned, the engine can surely take the abuse, as it has already been broken in... The rev limiter did it's job and limited the revs... And those talking about the transmission are full of crap... This transmission can handle more torque than this car currently produces...

My only complaint would be the techs doing this to another person's car... But let's again be honest, I am sure almost all AMGs have been driven similarly by techs... The only difference is, they didn't post it on YouTube... These guys did and it sounds like they are suffering the consequences... If the owner decided to take ownership of the vehicle (I think he should have the right to back out with a full refund of the deposit if applicable), the guy should get a lifetime warranty on the transmission (just to be on the safe side) as well as a free set of tires when these ones are finished... Maybe a free oil change as well, if the maintenance package wasn't already included...

your only complaint is why most people are pissed off to what has happened. It is 100% the reason that they took someone's car for a joyride. In a way, they abused their power (as a tech) to access the vehicle for their own enjoyment. This is why it is so wrong.

As for test driving and pushing it to the limit ... sure most of us will give the car a tough time especially if we are considering to buy an AMG. But again the dealer expects this and at the end of the year, the car is sold off as a DEMO. All parties involved knows what is going on.

As for the people that do bring their cars to Star Motors. I worry for you. If the techs lack the common sense to treat customers' cars with respect, I wonder what they do on a day to day basis for your services.

What I would like to see done is the techs coming out and apologizing. Apologizing obviously to the owner of the car, and if they have the ***** for it, apologizing to the greater enthusiast community. Own up to their mistake. I believe that will be a nice closure then to this whole fiasco

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Who's BS Got Taken for a Joyride?