Sponsored by:

Alignment question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 coupe
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
The dealer should have them and any alignment shop that works on high end european cars will also have them. If the car is pulling, it usually not the camber (eventhough you may have too much) it's eiher the toe in or the tires. If you have sysmetric tires it's no big deal to swap them side to side. However you have assymetrical tires, it's not a good idea unless they there is very low milage on them.
i just lowered my car. After alignment, it still pull right. Could you tell me how many sets of camber bolt for front? Is any camber bolt for rear?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:11 AM

C63
Lowered and also pulls to the right. Went to two shops and still same issue. Where do u get camber bolts and what do I tell them to install it. Please help I'm frustrated

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2010 C63
I had my alignment done at Boardwalk Ferrari and Maserati and not a word was said about needing special tools.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Originally Posted by Aresh
Lowered and also pulls to the right. Went to two shops and still same issue. Where do u get camber bolts and what do I tell them to install it. Please help I'm frustrated

Posted from Mbworld.org App for Android
Camber does not usually cause the drift or pull to either side. It more than likely the toe setting. If that is in spec you could have a tire issue. Some tires just pull to one side or the other. The usual solution is to change tires side to side (assuming the tires are low milage and haven't taken a "set". From the factory the only alignment available is front toe. However knowing the cars sometimes crash and cannot acheive front alignment, MBZ makes adjustable "crash" bolts for the front (two on each side). The dealer will have them and any good alignment shop will have them. There are two on each side. There is no camber adjustment in the rear. If you lower the car you get more negative camber that cannot be adjusted out further accelerating the rear tire wear problem. However there is an after market rear upper link that allows for rear camber adjustment. ACG in San Diego is a distributor for these.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,594 Likes on 938 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by williamgor
i just lowered my car. After alignment, it still pull right. Could you tell me how many sets of camber bolt for front? Is any camber bolt for rear?
Originally Posted by Aresh
Are you sure it's not just the grade of the road? These cars are sensitive to that.

Also check your tire pressures. They could be lower on the right side causing it to pull more than normal.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 PM

C63
Originally Posted by DuaneC63
Camber does not usually cause the drift or pull to either side. It more than likely the toe setting. If that is in spec you could have a tire issue. Some tires just pull to one side or the other. The usual solution is to change tires side to side (assuming the tires are low milage and haven't taken a "set". From the factory the only alignment available is front toe. However knowing the cars sometimes crash and cannot acheive front alignment, MBZ makes adjustable "crash" bolts for the front (two on each side). The dealer will have them and any good alignment shop will have them. There are two on each side. There is no camber adjustment in the rear. If you lower the car you get more negative camber that cannot be adjusted out further accelerating the rear tire wear problem. However there is an after market rear upper link that allows for rear camber adjustment. ACG in San Diego is a distributor for these.
Thanks for replying to me. My toe is in spec, but what is the spec for c63? Also i replaced the front right tire, where as the rest of my tires arent as new. Im assuming this might be the key issue here. Will it get better as the new tire wears more? Cant change sides because then i would have to have them pull tire off each rim and exchange sides. I currently have Blizzaks on. Also are winter tire notorious for vibrations around 60mph and above or is this a balancing issue.