Sponsored by:

Magno Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14.5 RR LWB, '14 s63, '14 Ford Raptor Screw, '13 G63
Magno Paint

Put a deposit down on a new AMG to go alongside the wagon and the c63 coupe.

I am extremely tempted to go for the Magno Night but have some reservations due to the "care" that goes along with the paint.

A few facts about my life that is making me think twice about it:
- i mainly drive my cars on the weekends so it sits "untouched" in a parking garage 5 days a week. i trust my garage attendants as i have built a good relationship with them, but door dings and minor scratches do happen
- i live in nyc so i am a little concerned about winter weather effecting the paint finish. at the slightest suggestion of snow, the city dumps trucks full of salt on the streets and i don't always get a chance to wash the car right after it's been driven.
- bird poop happens and i don't always have a chance to get to it right away as pigeons do get into the garage so it could be a few days before i can wipe it off

for those of you with magno paint now for a little while, how is the paint holding up and is there any buyer's remorse? would love to hear from anyone in the northeast who have magno and would like to share their experience with the care of the paint.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Have you checked out Dr Beasley's matte paint protection system? i have a matte silver c63 BS coming and its the first thing i am going to do with it:

Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Have you checked out Dr Beasley's matte paint protection system? i have a matte silver c63 BS coming and its the first thing i am going to do with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZrefH5qK2k
I have seen a few people here and other websites mention it. If I do go with the matte black I will probably give it a shot. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 coupe edition one
I have had a magno night c63 for 4 months now....absolutely no issues at all! I do use the dr. Beasleys matte paint rx.
After washing, water spots "appear"then disappear completely in a few minutes....very odd!
The paint is very durable, however, I did place a matte clear bra on the front for added protection . I did go a week without washing after a rainstorm...cleaned up nicely!!!
I would buy again.

Disclaimer...I do live in NorCal.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by braceurself
I have had a magno night c63 for 4 months now....absolutely no issues at all! I do use the dr. Beasleys matte paint rx.
After washing, water spots "appear"then disappear completely in a few minutes....very odd!
The paint is very durable, however, I did place a matte clear bra on the front for added protection . I did go a week without washing after a rainstorm...cleaned up nicely!!!
I would buy again.

Disclaimer...I do live in NorCal.
thanks for the input. any scratches or anything? has anything happened to the car where you would expect there to be a minor scratch to have occurred on regular paint but not on the matte to speak to the durability?
Old 04-21-2012, 10:14 PM

No scratches to date...I am very particular on where I park, however, it is a daily driver...one time I was driving and something hit my hood,bounced up on my windshield and traveled down my roof...figured it was a rock...immediately checked the hood...not a single mark!!! One week later, I was washing my car and found a penny in the crevice where my rear windshield meets my trunk!!!
Be prepared to get compliments all the time!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 PM

No scratches to date...I am very particular on where I park, however, it is a daily driver...one time I was driving and something hit my hood,bounced up on my windshield and traveled down my roof...figured it was a rock...immediately checked the hood...not a single mark!!! One week later, I was washing my car and found a penny in the crevice where my rear windshield meets my trunk!!!
Be prepared to get compliments all the time!!!
Wow, that didn't leave a mark! I think i read somewhere on the forum where something similar happened but a larger object and the paint was fine also.

I am really tempted but definitely don't want to have any buyer's remorse. I am sure people check out your edition 1 every day. Saw one at a dealer near me after I picked up my coupe and wished i had gone with edition 1.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 AM

I would def buy again. I'm sure MB would not offer the option if it did not hold up to their standards.... An after market paint job is another story....btw which model are u looking at?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 AM

I would def buy again. I'm sure MB would not offer the option if it did not hold up to their standards.... An after market paint job is another story....btw which model are u looking at?
Have a deposit down and an order in for the G63.

I think I will get matte if I get more experiences like yours. But unfortunately the weather is a great advantage for you though it's not quite SoCal where it rains twice a year
Old 04-22-2012, 01:55 AM

G63 in magno night will look amazing! I'll keep u posted on my paint maintainence,
Old 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM

C63 Edition 1 Coupe
I have matee black on my car I use the Dr. Beasley's also. The car is my daily driver, alittle bit of a hassle to maintain I'm wiping it down with the spray very often I don't know if it's necessary or if I'm over protective. But overall paint holds up very well, If it is just a weekend car it shouldn't be too difficult for you, if u got a car cover while it was in the garage it would be perfect.

P.s. if you love matte as I do then the looks of the paint is worth it, I do live in SoCal, I would probably only buy matte again if it was a weekend car, I don't regret my purchase and yes the compliments on the paint happen on the daily.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM

2014 E63S
I purchased my designo cashmere matte car in September 2010 and still to this day is indistinguishable from new. I had the matte clear bra installed and don't use the Dr. Beasley product. Paint is very durable and my next AMG will be painted with designo matte paint. Great product.

I do garage my car and also am very particular about where I park. Pigeons, must not like the heat, aren't a factor in Arizona. Initially, after I bought it, I was all over anything (road grime, bird poop, etc...) as soon as I saw it on the car. Now, nearly two years later, I no longer worry and wait for the next hand wash.

Granted the weather and pigeons in the Northeast are more challenging than what we have in Arizona, however, we do extreme heat and violent dust storms very well. Mercedes has developed a great product with the designo matte paint. Buy with absolute confidence!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Fielding
I purchased my designo cashmere matte car in September 2010 and still to this day is indistinguishable from new. I had the matte clear bra installed and don't use the Dr. Beasley product. Paint is very durable and my next AMG will be painted with designo matte paint. Great product.

I do garage my car and also am very particular about where I park. Pigeons, must not like the heat, aren't a factor in Arizona. Initially, after I bought it, I was all over anything (road grime, bird poop, etc...) as soon as I saw it on the car. Now, nearly two years later, I no longer worry and wait for the next hand wash.

Granted the weather and pigeons in the Northeast are more challenging than what we have in Arizona, however, we do extreme heat and violent dust storms very well. Mercedes has developed a great product with the designo matte paint. Buy with absolute confidence!
Thanks for the input. I am starting to get the feeling that those who have it love it and it seems to be worth the little extra effort.

As for your clear bra, is it over the entire car or is it only over the hood?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM

2014 E63S
[QUOTE=oswiff;5161763
As for your clear bra, is it over the entire car or is it only over the hood?[/QUOTE]

Just the hood, great product. Like any clear bra, only visible from certain angles.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:12 AM

2012 MB SL550
Matte clear bra

[QUOTE=ShocDoc79;5161705]I purchased my designo cashmere matte car in September 2010 and still to this day is indistinguishable from new. I had the matte clear bra installed and don't use the Dr. Beasley product. Paint is very durable and my next AMG will be painted with designo matte paint. Great product.

@ ShocDoc (are you a psychiatrist?)
Please tell me about the "matte clear bra." Brand name? Cost?
I have an SL550 in Designo Magno Cashmere White Matte Finish and I'm looking for a protective film that doesn't give a shiny finish, i.e., not a standard clear bra.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
the mb matte paint is only matte because of the clear coat. It's super durable and strong. Minor scratches and swirls you'd see on regular paint will never be noticed on the matte paint. The only fear you should have is of getting hit or some damage that requires real repair as its going to require repainting nearly half of the car. Finding a shop to do this correctly and match is the problem.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:01 PM

2012 MB SL550
"Matte clear bra"

It's not minor scratches and swirls I'm worried about. It's stone chips. Against those, a plastic film has got to offer better protection than the matte clear coat paint alone.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c63, 335i
Originally Posted by oswiff
Put a deposit down on a new AMG to go alongside the wagon and the c63 coupe.

I am extremely tempted to go for the Magno Night but have some reservations due to the "care" that goes along with the paint.

A few facts about my life that is making me think twice about it:
- i mainly drive my cars on the weekends so it sits "untouched" in a parking garage 5 days a week. i trust my garage attendants as i have built a good relationship with them, but door dings and minor scratches do happen
- i live in nyc so i am a little concerned about winter weather effecting the paint finish. at the slightest suggestion of snow, the city dumps trucks full of salt on the streets and i don't always get a chance to wash the car right after it's been driven.
- bird poop happens and i don't always have a chance to get to it right away as pigeons do get into the garage so it could be a few days before i can wipe it off

for those of you with magno paint now for a little while, how is the paint holding up and is there any buyer's remorse? would love to hear from anyone in the northeast who have magno and would like to share their experience with the care of the paint.

Thanks in advance

problem with these satin or matte paints is etching. you can't just polish etched water marks or bird crap out like you can with a regular glossy clear.

all the synthetic protection in the world won't save you from baked on bird poop on a hot sunny day.

But to answer your question, salt shouldn't be a problem.

then there's also the issue of finding a body shop that can match and work with these paint systems when you inevitably need to respray a panel.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
This and that.
OP made the thread over two years ago...who know's if he's still around. lol