ECU Tune gone wrong!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by _AMG_
I see clouds on the horizon.....a **** storm is coming.

*Edit* Never mind, its already here!
Part of me wants to hear a rebuttal, but part of me wants this thread locked down before this classy forum becomes the Jerry Springer show.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
I guess the epoxy on the ecu is BS too.
Dude dont mix up stories, the facts of this story are completely different . this is about "Mike". the guy who gave me 3 different stories when i called him.. how can you trust a guy who know's he has someone else's ECU and keeping them from being able go to work the next day.

At least Andy/ MHP made things right with me and sent me the funds that same very night Via Paypal to get my car running. Andy made things right with me because he made a mistake with the covers. I can assure you if he did damage Mikes ECU he would have done the same for Mike.

If only i could play back the conversation with mike lol

Last edited by 4ramin; 05-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Don't worry mhps biggest fan boy dodger has all the answers.
Captree sunday morning??
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by dodger63
Captree sunday morning??
Touched a nerve? Well you started with your nonsense..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by balthaser
I need a chair as well, besides the popcorn
Originally Posted by SLS Qatar
how about some fresh fruit punch with it ?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
I guess the epoxy on the ecu is BS too.
^^^Not BS, just old news, no longer applicable (no epoxy since Techtec/Eurotek was MHP's tuner), and has been hashed and rehashed to death.

Regarding this story, it did certainly get interesting, with 4ramin's comments.

I do find it curious that the OP mentions he's since gone with another tuner, who took the ECU, bought another off of ebay with the tuner's own money, and got the OP a functioning, tuned ECU.

And, while noble that the OP doesn't mention the new tuner to allegedly prevent a "tuner-war," it's not too far of a stretch to believe that creating this thread was quid-pro-quo, benefiting the new tuner indirectly (whomever it may be) by detracting from a competing offering.

Andy's polarizing, no doubt. Interested to see how things shake out from here...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 4ramin

This is Ramin, the guy in CA whose ECU you refused to ship back to me (you still have my property) after Andy mistakenly shipped my ECU to you with your cover. You know this because we spoke on the phone after Andy called you to tell you about emailing new shipping labels to get us both our respective ecus back asap. For the record Andy within minutes of finding out Mike Immel wasn't going to send me my tuned ecu back, bought me another one (or instantly paid me via Paypal), within minutes!!!!!

I am quite familiar with this story due to the above reasons so let's cover some other inconsistencies in your story. First Andy does exactly what he's supposed to do, just like anyone else, when receiving something damaged by ups, fedex, post office whoever. Reports it to the customer. You purchased insurance for a claimed $1500 so use it, that's what it's for.

Why did you try and con Andy into using his commercial liability insurance to "make you whole"? That's insurance fraud but doesn't seem to bother you as long as you are taken care of. What you fail to see is you are taking your anguish out on me (hello third party customer?) and the person not responsible for damaging your ecu. Going so far as to physically threaten Andy by saying how many times you've "almost" been to jail for doing bad things in the past, grow up.

You act like fedex has never broken anything before LOL, you're kidding right?

Some additional statements Mike made on the phone that made me question his integrity (as if I needed anything more than "no I'm not shipping your ecu back to you"). I asked him what year his car was, at this point he was thinking there was a chance my ecu would work in his car (never going to happen), and received 3 different answers. New, used, then pre-owned. It started off as a 2011, then a 2009, then ended up being a 2008.

I saw the letter your atty sent Andy, I had to laugh even though I'm not an atty, talk about a shot in the dark.

FWIW I am the other person in this story so if anyone has any questions they would like to be answered legitimately feel free.

Thanks
Ramin

For starters, lets get this straight, the ecu that I recieved with the broken resistor and my VIN in it is yours? Really..... How can you explain that? The other tuner has verified and documented everything... My VIN installed, my original label and all numbers including the trace label... Really, you are barking up the wrong tree Ramen Noodle....

No, I did not ship MY ecu back to you. Why does it work in my car now after being repaired and without it being taken to the dealer and married to my VIN.. Because it had my VIN in it and it was my ECU. Talk to your boy Andy if he cant find YOUR ecu.

I did tell Andy to claim it on his liability because he BROKE it... Not FEDEX...

As far as what year the car was, I cannot help it if you get your story screwed up... I told you I just bought the car, I did not say it was brand new. It had 11k miles on it when I bought it.

I left you out of the equation, you just joined.. You want to tell everyone about all the text messages that you sent me... My offer still stands if you would like to tell me those things in person.. Your a MHP Fan Boy PERIOD. I have my broken (now repaired) ECU unless Andy broke yours and then swapped my VIN in it if thats even possible.. Get lost Dude. "JAIL" What??? You told me I stole your ECU when it was shipped to me. You said you knew alot about the law and the Sherriff was coming to get me?? Really, where is he? Remember (if you can) the ECU I got back was broken and had my VIN and the sticker on the front matched the photo I had taken prior to shipping it to MHP. Additonally, the picture I posted in the beginning of this thread was sent to me by Andy. Did he break yours in the same place. Reallly!!

I have recieved an overwhelming amount of information from people that the same sort of thing has happend to them in dealings with MHP.

Believe who you wish everyone.
(As I side note, Yes I did engage an attorney who sent Andy a letter.. MHP gave no response)

And THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

Last edited by immelman; 05-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The plot thickens..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
I love that movie!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
this thread is awesome.

subscribed

Old 05-08-2012, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
furiously mashing F5.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by noodleman
furiously mashing F5.
Command + R for us Mac users
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM

2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Originally Posted by immelman
For starters, lets get this straight, the ecu that I recieved with the broken resistor and my VIN in it is yours? Really..... How can you explain that? The other tuner has verified and documented everything... My VIN installed, my original label and all numbers including the trace label... Really, you are barking up the wrong tree Ramen Noodle....

No, I did not ship MY ecu back to you. Why does it work in my car now after being repaired and without it being taken to the dealer and married to my VIN.. Because it had my VIN in it and it was my ECU. Talk to your boy Andy if he cant find YOUR ecu.

I did tell Andy to claim it on his liability because he BROKE it... Not FEDEX...

As far as what year the car was, I cannot help it if you get your story screwed up... I told you I just bought the car, I did not say it was brand new. It had 11k miles on it when I bought it.

I left you out of the equation, you just joined.. You want to tell everyone about all the text messages that you sent me... My offer still stands if you would like to tell me those things in person.. Your a MHP Fan Boy PERIOD. I have my broken (now repaired) ECU unless Andy broke yours and then swapped my VIN in it if thats even possible.. Get lost Dude. "JAIL" What??? You told me I stole your ECU when it was shipped to me. You said you knew alot about the law and the Sherriff was coming to get me?? Really, where is he? Remember (if you can) the ECU I got back was broken and had my VIN and the sticker on the front matched the photo I had taken prior to shipping it to MHP. Additonally, the picture I posted in the beginning of this thread was sent to me by Andy. Did he break yours in the same place. Reallly!!

I have recieved an overwhelming amount of information from people that the same sort of thing has happend to them in dealings with MHP.

Believe who you wish everyone.
(As I side note, Yes I did engage an attorney who sent Andy a letter.. MHP gave no response)

And THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!
Mike I don't have an issue telling you these things in person because its the truth. Funny how you told me that your car is not running and that you want a refund from Andy. I also told you that it will not because its vin coded. If the ECU was your and your car is running then why would your atty send Andy a letter for a refund of your ECU? wow IM sure MHP and his atty would love to read this as you are making more false claims. Maybe just maybe you should read up on false claims act. and for your information and Andy Got me the New ECU and that is the only reason i did not push the Issue. Unlike you I'm not a scum who's trying get free crap from other. Your just an idiot I'm done

Last edited by 4ramin; 05-08-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Command + R for us Mac users
This.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 PM

08 C63
just curious does 4ramin = Andy?

What is interesting is Immelman could have lied to FedEx (aka fraud) to get his money back, but instead he wanted the business that was in possession of the ECU and who took responsability for it to do what any other respectable business would have done. Instead the business in questions choose the dishonest route.

Immelman decided to seek council as he simply wanted what he paid for, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Touched a nerve? Well you started with your nonsense..
No nerve at all brothervasking if youll be there cause you never responded in the other thread about racing me? So figured id ask again
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM

C63 AMG
Hey, why did Andy banned in the first place....? I mean how do you get a ban this long from any forum for this long?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
DAMN YOU BEAT ME TO IT! I already had the link up and about to post

I've followed all these threads with MHP issues....its funny how everytime someone starts a thread about MHP being shady, another member on here always comes and defends MHP and says that the TS is lying etc.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 PM

C63 AMG
Mike I don't have an issue telling you these things in person because its the truth. Funny how you told me that your car is not running because and that you want a refund from Andy. I also told you that is will not because its vin coded. If the ECU was your and your car is running then why would your atty send Andy a letter for a refund of your ECU?
My car was not running, I had to buy a new ECU. Can you not read? I then sent the old ecu to be investigated. Turns out the tuner was able to repair it for me. Now I have (2)..

you I'm not a scum who's trying get free crap from other. Your just an idiot I'm done
Yes, you should be done. It's harder to lie than to tell the Truth. Eventually the moron in you will stand out!! If it hasnt already..

Is MHP's attorney going to take care of all the others with a bad experience too!!! I'm trembling.... Gotta go now..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by immelman
My car was not running, I had to buy a new ECU. Can you not read? I then sent the old ecu to be investigated. Turns out the tuner was able to repair it for me. Now I have (2)..

Yes, you should be done. It's harder to lie than to tell the Truth. Eventually the moron in you will stand out!! If it hasnt already..

Is MHP's attorney going to take care of all the others with a bad experience too!!! I'm trembling.... Gotta go now..
It did not work because it was my ECU that you had. I remember how you started the conversation with how religious you are and what an honest guy you are? funny how for such a Religious guy you spit more sh*T then anyone i Know... Just tell the truth and Grow up
Old 05-08-2012, 09:35 PM

08 C63
So, I have a delima.

Do I want this thread to be locked ... or do I want to see an intellegent response with facts.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Thank god Hillbilly Hand Fishin' isn't on , otherwise I would miss all this goodness
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bmwcousins
So, I have a delima.

Do I want this thread to be locked ... or do I want to see an intellegent response with facts.
I'm pretty sure the intelligent responses flew out the window when the profanities came flying in.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 PM

C63 AMG
It did not work because it was my ECU that you had. I remember how you started the conversation with how religious you are and what an honest guy you are? funny how for such a Religious guy you spit more sh*T then anyone i Know... Just tell the truth and Grow up
NOOOO, it did not work because the resistor was torn off of the board please see pic. Do you think the resistor was soldered to the board for show purposes? Cmon, think of something else to dispute my claim.. Hurry, times a wastin... As far as the religious comment, yes I am. Christian to be exact. I tell the truth as I have done here. It's not about the Money either. It's about informing people so they dont have a bad experience as I have.

Last edited by immelman; 05-08-2012 at 09:47 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tune gone wrong!!