Sponsored by:

ECU Tune gone wrong!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
In an effort to save a few dollars or pick up a few "advertised" extra HP/TQ you pull the brain (ECU) of your car out and send it via common carrier (remember the "FedEx throw the TV over the fence" Christmas video). Then for a some reason it doesn't work out and you're screwed with no place to turn. Deal with local shops using reputable tunes/parts. They can scam the internet but no local shops because they are dependent on the local customers to keep them in business. It might cost you a bit more, but at least you'll sleep at night.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 05-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
hold on...so OP got his original ECU backallegedly (but had to buy a different ECU i think or something and now has 2 ECU's) and 4ramin got a new ECU replacement paid for by Andy...what the hell are you guys still arguing for?

maybe the ECU got damaged in shipping...maybe it got damaged when Andy tried to open it up...we'll never know, but regardless, something weird seems to have been going on if Andy switched the covers on them and allegedly mailed the wrong ones to the two guys and there's multiple people that claim to have had ECU's damaged when sending them to Andy.
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by immelman
Really???? Please Explain.... Overwhelming evidence. Fact of the matter is there are only two people who know who's lying.. Me and Andy... Well, I know its not me.... Which leaves???? If I was lying why would I even start this post??? I knew the saga it would unfold but wanted to do the right thing.. I DID!!!

DONE

As far as a VIDEO of the swap others have suggested. I may just do it when I have a little spare time.

Thanks
Quite honestly you should make the time ASAP. Without the video of 2 ecus being swapped and the car starting the ecu you have in the car could still be Ramins. Starting the car with both in puts an end to his claim and makes everyone wonder why he would make up such a story. Without it there will always be doubt.

My 2 cents. The pic is not enough. Just proves you bought and programmed another ecu.

Last edited by propain; 05-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 4ramin
I think i also have your text msg on my old phone telling me you won't send me my ecu till andy pays you back. If you like i can post our conversation with your number on top. ill look for at the office in the morning .
Don't give out my personal phone number. If you do I will return the favor. I have respected your privacy and you continue to violate mine. I have stated pure facts PERIOD..

Last edited by Rock; 05-09-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
You said it yourself right there so its not 100% im not speculating anything but really who knows this is the internet anything can be true
True. Never 100 your right. But pretty convincing.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Really???? Please Explain.... Overwhelming evidence. Fact of the matter is there are only two people who know who's lying.. Me and Andy... Well, I know its not me.... Which leaves???? If I was lying why would I even start this post??? I knew the saga it would unfold but wanted to do the right thing.. I DID!!!

DONE

As far as a VIDEO of the swap others have suggested. I may just do it when I have a little spare time.

Thanks
Vid proves nothing, Jerry can clone my ecu to your car, other can also do this
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SheryarYO
hold on...so OP got his original ECU backallegedly (but had to buy a different ECU i think or something and now has 2 ECU's) and 4ramin got a new ECU replacement paid for by Andy...what the hell are you guys still arguing for?

maybe the ECU got damaged in shipping...maybe it got damaged when Andy tried to open it up...we'll never know, but regardless, something weird seems to have been going on if Andy switched the covers on them and allegedly mailed the wrong ones to the two guys and there's multiple people that claim to have had ECU's damaged when sending them to Andy.
As I understand it Ramin's ECU was not damaged. It was there for a tune. Ramin is arguing for Andy and he does not have all the facts.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by propain
True. Never 100 your right. But pretty convincing.
Remeber oj is innocent
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 AM

2015 C63-507,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, G63, Lotus Exige S, M3 CS, M4 CSL, GTR BS
Don't give out my personal phone number you little maggot! If you do I will return the favor. I have respected your privacy and you continue to violate mine. I have stated pure facts PERIOD..
I won't, but you just proved my point, Look Mike I'm over this Crap, as i said in my text to you, you can just keep my ECU as I'm over it and MHP / Andy already got me one. Just Understand that UPS or FEDEx " i don't know what you used" could have damaged your ECU and its not right the way way you have acted. Plus the right thing at the time was for you to return my ecu as i did yours. I think its past you bed time now
Old 05-09-2012, 12:38 AM

C63 AMG
Vid proves nothing, Jerry can clone my ecu to your car, other can also do this
Oh, and one last item. Andy gave my personal cell phone number to ramin when I specifically told him not to.. Another strike against the customer loyalty. I'm done with this thread and arguing over a computer screen. My original beef was not with Ramin, he placed himself in the middle. I'd rather argue in person if I have to argue with someone......... Maybe the Tuner will inject some info for you guy's. WOW, I ought to be a full fledge member or banned with a first post like this. Keep the dirty side down and thanks to all!! Do what you want with the information I have provided.

Have a nice evening and God Bless Everyone.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 AM

Oh, and one last item. Andy gave my personal cell phone number to ramin when I specifically told him not to.. Another strike against the customer loyalty. I'm done with this thread and arguing over a computer screen. My original beef was not with Ramin, he placed himself in the middle. I'd rather argue in person if I have to argue with someone......... Maybe the Tuner will inject some info for you guy's. WOW, I ought to be a full fledge member or banned with a first post like this. Keep the dirty side down and thanks to all!! Do what you want with the information I have provided.

Have a nice evening and God Bless Everyone.
In my conversation with you , you asked him to give me your number
Old 05-09-2012, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
Remeber oj is innocent
Yeah but if those gloves fit he would be in jail.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
Ya leeeel omhom leeelhom 6weeel tholi
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Ends like it starts with more questions then answers
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
My head is gonna explode reading this thread but someone help me out here - looking at the ECU and knowing what usage it is designed for - doesn't it seem beyond unlikely, more like virtually impossible, to have that kind of damage from shipping? It make no sense to me.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
If they can't flash your ECU at your local shop...don't buy it. Based on this tread, I wouldn't buy glass cleaner from MHP.

Last edited by DuaneC63; 05-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Ok good my keyboard works now.

Alot of nice distractions here to try and distract the typical reader from the main point.

OP provided sufficient data and evidence to back up each claim.
4Ramin just posted Andy's pics and keeps answering with more questions or just comments that are trying to sway people away(i.e Propain).

The issue here about whose ECU this is, is irrelevant to the credibility of the post.

OP's ECU was damaged by a ****ing screw driver and OP said he used 5 layers of bubble wrap. Do you know what that means? There is no way his ecu could have been damaged. Not one! Even if he used one layer it was inside the SQUARE FEDEX boxes. It doesn't move or wiggle. I've shipped thousands of packages, I know how this works. The packaging sounds like it could've insulated sunglasses for that matter.

Has anyone ever tried to destroy a computer. I've took a hammer to a motherboard and the chips still barley fly off. Good luck proving it was damaged in shipping with no damage on the box, the 5 layers of bubble wrap, the metal shell and somehow a chip fell off the board. . Even if the BOX WITH THE ECU was run over by a 4000 pounds car,it would be fine

It takes alot of ***** to come and say that OP claim was false because of the ECU ownership statement. The OP time after time proved himself with supporting evidence. If the vin was matched from the ECU, there you have it. if the OP says it works in his car. I'll take his word.

4RAMIN why are you just posting irrelevant ****? Andy doesn't care about you, nice job copy and pasting some PP info etc. Trying to lower the credibility of the OP by talking about an ECU? Who do you take us for fools. Andy has been here since 08 getting ripped in the E55 platform, so he came to you C suckers. Ask Bruce about Andy

Analyze the facts and decide for yourself.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 05-09-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by bhamg
My head is gonna explode reading this thread but someone help me out here - looking at the ECU and knowing what usage it is designed for - doesn't it seem beyond unlikely, more like virtually impossible, to have that kind of damage from shipping? It make no sense to me.
This is life. Anything can happen and normally. Does but.......
Old 05-09-2012, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by bhamg
I agree with this. These ecus are built to take a beating. You would have to seriously abuse a bubble wrapped in a box ecu to break it.

From what I got from all this.

1. The ecu was damaged by mhp.
2. The ecu was returned to the customer.
3. The ecu in his car is tuned by an unknown tuner.

My questions remain.

1. Does he have Ramins ecu.
2. Is it being kept as an FU to mhp.
3. Does he really have 2 working ecus and Ramin is full of it.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by propain
I agree with this. These ecus are built to take a beating. You would have to seriously abuse a bubble wrapped in a box ecu to break it.

From what I got from all this.

1. The ecu was damaged by mhp.
2. The ecu was returned to the customer.
3. The ecu in his car is tuned by an unknown tuner.

My questions remain.

1. Does he have Ramins ecu.
2. Is it being kept as an FU to mhp.
3. Does he really have 2 working ecus and Ramin is full of it.

Dude he still has mine but I'm over it, you can see how upset her got if i posted his text msgs. who cares anymore. Im just pissed at the way he handled this, you can see from the paypal ANDY paid for a new ecu and also gave me a free tune. So I'm good
Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Das Geld 2

Alot of nice distractions here to try and distract the typical reader from the main point.

4Ramin just posted Andy's pics and keeps answering with more questions or just comments that are trying to sway people away(i.e Propain).

The issue here about whose ECU this is, is irrelevant to the credibility of the post.

OP's ECU was damaged by a ****ing screw driver and OP said he used 5 layers of bubble wrap. Do you know what that means? There is no way his ecu could have been damaged. Not one! Even if he used one layer it was inside the SQUARE FEDEX boxes. It doesn't move or wiggle. I've shipped thousands of packages, I know how this works. The packaging sounds like it could've insulated sunglasses for that matter.

Has anyone ever tried to destroy a computer. I've took a hammer to a motherboard and the chips still barley fly off. Good luck proving it was damaged in shipping with no damage on the box, the 5 layers of bubble wrap, the metal shell and somehow a chip fell off the board. . Even if the BOX WITH THE ECU was run over by a 4000 pounds car,it would be fine

It takes alot of ***** to come and say that OP claim was false because of the ECU ownership statement. The OP time after time proved himself with supporting evidence. If the vin was matched from the ECU, there you have it. if the OP says it works in his car. I'll take his word.

4RAMIN why are you just posting irrelevant ****? Andy doesn't care about you, nice job copy and pasting some PP info etc. Trying to lower the credibility of the OP by talking about an ECU? Who do you take us for fools. Andy has been here since 08 getting ripped in the E55 platform, so he came to you C suckers. Ask Bruce about Andy

This is not about Andy, This is about mike hold on to my ECU because he's pissed of Andy. That was not cool. As i said Andy made things right with me in just a few min after mike refused to send my ECU back... Anyways its just a car after all.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
Dude he still has mine but I'm over it, you can see how upset her got if i posted his text msgs. who cares anymore. Im just pissed at the way he handled this, you can see from the paypal ANDY paid for a new ecu and also gave me a free tune. So I'm good

Free Tune
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2

just to add to what you are saying.....

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMG_3536.jpg
this picture is clearly photoshopped .... look at the bottom of the black connector you can see the table color between the black and the white of the paper. My wife is a graphic designer and mentioned that it's clearly edited ...

plus does no one notice that it's the same photo set than the OP's first photo? and that the writing below the MHP logo is gray not black? where's this infamous picture with today's newspaper LOL.

and I mean come on ... why would the OP risk loosing face by lying about his bad experience ... I think if you had an issue with him, that's between you and him ... it doesn't change the fact that MHP was more involved in the damaged than "shipping damage" .... your ECU issue has nothing to do with that at all!!

Just my 2cents .... and maybe a dime in there too

Last edited by driftmotion; 05-09-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by alrasheed1991
Free Tune
Yes that was cool
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
This is not about Andy, This is about mike hold on to my ECU because he's pissed of Andy. That was not cool. As i said Andy made things right with me in just a few min after mike refused to send my ECU back... Anyways its just a car after all.
This is what your doing:

The burden of proof is on you. The OP says the ECU works in his car,therefore it's his. THE OP says the ECU has his VIN when it was scanned by the 3rd party tuner.

What reason do we have NOT to believe his word?

So far everything he is saying is checking out.

Last edited by Das Geld 2; 05-09-2012 at 01:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU Tune gone wrong!!