do you guys think im an mhp fanboy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by _AMG_
Its easy to tag names on people and label them as fanboys. As long as your happy with your tuner and their products (whoever that may be) then that's all that matters.
No, I don't think your a fanboy, just a satisfied customer.
Originally Posted by bhamg
I put you and BAD430BENZ in the same category - rabid C63 enthusiasts who put their money where their mouth is - and happen to use, believe in and defend MHP products. Fanboys, no. Members who add a lot to what makes this board a great place to hang out - definitely.
+1, very well said by these guys.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Originally Posted by dodger63
Do we need threads for allot of things no but im wondering i want to contribute fair on the forum and help with what i can and not have people think im a fanboy. You remeber mir would a fanboy have helped you with an opposing tune not at sll
I agree.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
09 C63
Those who don't like Andy (mhp) is because they have had a bad experience with him personally. You either bat with him or you don't. If you ask for something or seek something (questions or answers) from Andy which in his world can not occur/ happen he will kick you to the kerb. Every one is different, this Andy. Great to deal with until you have questions with answers that don't add up. His product works for some and not for others. Every business has un happy customers. The problem with Andy is he has many and has many enemies. Put business aside I think hed be an alright bloke to talk to, but i wouldn't do business with him.

H
Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63AMG P31
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i think people just love to hate Andy . those of us that have a great experience with Andy are just called fanboys usually by those who have had bad experiences . i am with you in the fact that i just want to go faster and unless i have a sponsorship , i will not be anyones poster child . i will call it like i see it from my experiences . i have now moved on to Weistec products because that is the path i chose to build a bigger monster than i had before . one member asked why i didn't go to MHP to tune my blower but i only did it through Weistec because my car is there for the complete tranny build , which MHP could not do .

i guess people can call me whatever they want but in the end , i was just a happy customer with MHP and now i am going to be a happy customer with Weistec .
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
Originally Posted by propain
It was a joke... Do we really need a thread for this?
+1 This thread is gay.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
I think we had enough of Mhp drama. Let it die!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
I don't think people love to hate on Andy. Me personally I like to ask questions, and value trust in a business. And when I am told things that don't add up I no longer trust the business. Their product might be wonderful, but its that trust issue that blows it for me. I feel like he makes his company out to be a world class one with a big shop and research and development like, but in reality he doesn't make the tunes is the impression I got from his emails which he even told me the old company he got the tunes from, and his "business" address is a house... My only purpose of this post is for people thinking about getting an ECU tune, judge for yourself but I would pick a company with assists and that can replace an engine if anything does go wrong.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by 2012C63AMG
I don't think people love to hate on Andy. Me personally I like to ask questions, and value trust in a business. And when I am told things that don't add up I no longer trust the business. Their product might be wonderful, but its that trust issue that blows it for me. I feel like he makes his company out to be a world class one with a big shop and research and development like, but in reality he doesn't make the tunes is the impression I got from his emails which he even told me the old company he got the tunes from, and his "business" address is a house... My only purpose of this post is for people thinking about getting an ECU tune, judge for yourself but I would pick a company with assists and that can replace an engine if anything does go wrong.
Good post my question is since i have not heard of a tune blowing a motor why is it even a thought. No company is going to willingly. Pay for a motor? Maybe im wrong
Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 PM

2012 C63 AMG
Good post my question is since i have not heard of a tune blowing a motor why is it even a thought. No company is going to willingly. Pay for a motor? Maybe im wrong
Obviously by the numbers MHP is a very aggressive tune... The bigger companies who are longer established don't put out the numbers MHP does, but they are more conservative and know how to tune the engine to unlock the power without jeopardizing reliability.

For example if one the larger ones made a new tune say on the new CLS that blew the turbos up after a few thousand miles, I am sure they would correct the issue for the customer and release a new tune. If they didn't no one would do business with them anymore. As the larger company who realizes on reputation rather than MHP who is trying to run on getting the most power out of a tune. MHP just seems like a spur of the moment tuner. And the reputation isn't great, they have been banned here and on BMW forums ect.

And I don't know but I would guess MHP couldn't handle a $30k lawsuit that a bigger longer established tuner could...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MB
Dodger, you're a cool guy in my book and you help show the potential of these cars. Fanboy doesn't come to mind.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Well with 30,000 miles on his tunes and running the race tune for the last year with prob close to 600 passes at the track seems like its safe to me. Ok well anyway this is side tracking op's topic

Obviously by the numbers MHP is a very aggressive tune... The bigger companies who are longer established don't put out the numbers MHP does, but they are more conservative and know how to tune the engine to unlock the power without jeopardizing reliability.

For example if one the larger ones made a new tune say on the new CLS that blew the turbos up after a few thousand miles, I am sure they would correct the issue for the customer and release a new tune. If they didn't no one would do business with them anymore. As the larger company who realizes on reputation rather than MHP who is trying to run on getting the most power out of a tune. MHP just seems like a spur of the moment tuner. And the reputation isn't great, they have been banned here and on BMW forums ect.

And I don't know but I would guess MHP couldn't handle a $30k lawsuit that a bigger longer established tuner could...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig
Dodger, you're a cool guy in my book and you help show the potential of these cars. Fanboy doesn't come to mind.
What happen to you! I lost all my contacts in my phone I feel lost. Hit me up
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

This writing style seems familiar. Things are pretty much to the point where half of this tuner stuff is pure performance.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
What happen to you! I lost all my contacts in my phone I feel lost. Hit me up
Got way more into work. Gettin' a lot done. I will hit u up.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
Got way more into work. Gettin' a lot done. I will hit u up.
Me also not in a good way! Havnt even seen my car in a month really stinks..
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Me also not in a good way! Havnt even seen my car in a month really stinks..
The economy is tough for sure. Damn, that sucks to hear about your car.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:49 PM

2012 C63 AMG
This writing style seems familiar. Things are pretty much to the point where half of this tuner stuff is pure performance.
Yes I am Andy.... You caught me....

Rest assured I am not in the car or tuning business at all. If you want verification I can send you a picture of my badge (I am in the medical field). I usual lurk on the internet boards as to avoid what I have seen members on member attacks. I am just trying to educated people who are thinking of a tune, to really think about who they are using and not to focus on who's tune makes 10-15 hp more or less.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel

Rest assured I am not in the car or tuning business at all. If you want verification I can send you a picture of my badge (I am in the medical field). I usual lurk on the internet boards as to avoid what I have seen members on member attacks. I am just trying to educated people who are thinking of a tune, to really think about who they are using and not to focus on who's tune makes 10-15 hp more or less.
Did you join the forum today?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB

No kidding about not being Andy. And I also don't think you're directly part of any tuning or mechanic business. But I don't buy the altruistic angle. Pretty much goes without saying.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 f250 6.7 diesel
No kidding about not being Andy. And I also don't think you're directly part of any tuning or mechanic business. But I don't buy the altruistic angle. Pretty much goes without saying.
Did you check his stats.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Did you check his stats.
No
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Banned

2008 C63 ,2009 SL 63 AMG, 2011 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by propain
She said it was gay too...
Now that was really GAY

I dont know If that or your VBOX 60-130 competetion against Jon @ Bzboost is more gay
Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by jacob502
Now that was really GAY

I dont know If that or your VBOX 60-130 competetion against Jon @ Bzboost is more gay

My wife saying your brother is gay is really gay? You guys have really mastered the English language.

I dont know whats more gay... you and your brothers matching red AMG's or my 60-130 comp with Jon. Ill have to get back to you on that one.. Both pretty gay though I agree...

Edit Awwww... on suspension.... does that mean he cant reply? Crap...
Old 05-10-2012, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 CTS-V

I've been running his tune for over a year now. The car is my daily driver and I track it often. I have not had one single tune related problem to date.

Very reliable.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Audi RS7
I've been out of town on business and just got back in. Read a couple of posts recently that gave me a headache and I can't get that hour of my life back.

I agree that Mike has done some amazing things with his car. The tune is a big part of it and its running great after 30,000 miles and so is mine.

Mike, I think you are a stand up guy that loves to race and be on the winning team. Having MHP parts on your car is just a part of that. I, like you, want to get all I can out of the car and MHP/Andy has helped.

I will say this one time and many will read it and either attack me, call me gay, and everywhere in between or possibly agree with me. I know that I have been dealing with Andy for over three years through tuning challenges, head upgrades, cam challenges, exhaust upgrades etc..... and never had a bad experience. Its not all gone as planned but I understand that and accept that as part of racing and being on the cutting edge with these cars. I will tell you that Andy knows more about these engines than most of us and I don't say that lightly. He does know this platform.

I know some will call me a poster child for MHP and thats fine, I can deal with it. I'm not sure how many of you that attack Andy have actually met him. He's been to Florida for Festivals of Speed, hung out with my family and I, and most recently was here when they did the cam tune. He's always been up front with me and wants to help this platform(M156) go faster.

He is not a tuner, never claimed to be. He's always had someone else do his tunes and most of us knew that. However, he always wanted the best tune and managed to get it.
1. He had an experienced professional outfit design his LT headers that generate a high rate of HP and torque.
2. He also had an experienced engine builder design and build his cams that now work and add significant HP to an already good design.
3. His heads were done by the same engine builder and they also perform excellent.

Andy is constantly looking for ways to get more power out of this platform and has been the first to offer some of the best products on the market.

I hear of your horror stories about some of your experiences with Andy and honestly I struggle to accept some of them becauise I think some of you just love to hate Andy. I'm truly sorry if you are being honest and had a bad experience. I hate bad business because I run my own.

All that being said, I would say to you who hate Andy and like to attack him, spend some time with him. He's a nice guy and will help you if at all possible. Ya'll say what you want and attack me but I felt like I should add a side to Andy that many don't hear or see.

BTW, this is NOT Andy.

Ya'll be safe and Mike I don't think you are a fanboy, just a satisfied customer that has had a good experience with MHP/Andy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: do you guys think im an mhp fanboy