C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Video of my issue

Heres mine. Basically same as _timothy except I deliberately show the dash on/off occurring.

*** UPDATE - New protocol file fixed the issue ***

Last edited by ezatnova; 06-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 Sedan
You guys get it to work yet? I'm still waiting to get my tuned file back.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:44 PM

2016 C63S
Thumbs up Error Writing Issue Resolved

I spoke with Jerry and he sent me an updated protocol file to load into the unit. After I did this, I tried the writing procedure again. This time, when it came to the ECU programming MYGFile1.MOD screen, it didn't just blast through it...it took about a minute, all while the car's fan was blowing and solenoids clicked. I could tell we were making some progress. Afterwards, there were even a few MORE dash on/off cycles than before, and finally it said Writing ECU completed, which I never had seen.

Haven't started it up or driven it yet, but I think we got the issue fixed.

Much thanks to Jerry for jumping on this as soon as he got back from his trip. A+

Last edited by ezatnova; 06-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:42 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by ezatnova
I spoke with Jerry and he sent me an updated protocol file to load into the unit. After I did this, I tried the writing procedure again. This time, when it came to the ECU programming MYGFile1.MOD screen, it didn't just blast through it...it took about a minute, all while the car's fan was blowing and solenoids clicked. I could tell we were making some progress. Afterwards, there were even a few MORE dash on/off cycles than before, and finally it said Writing ECU completed, which I never had seen.

Haven't started it up or driven it yet, but I think we got the issue fixed.

Much thanks to Jerry for jumping on this as soon as he got back from his trip. A+
great to hear! Now get out there and enjoy the new power!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM

2016 C63S
Originally Posted by loungn14
great to hear! Now get out there and enjoy the new power!

Figures it's pouring now. Traction wasn't there at 60-70 mph so I backed off
Old 06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by ezatnova
Figures it's pouring now. Traction wasn't there at 60-70 mph so I backed off
lol figures indeed.....well report back on your impressions!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM

w204/m156 // r171/m272 e35
Any ETA on canadian orders?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
hey guys...just got mine delivered today. i read through the last few pages and saw people were having some trouble.

i sent my vin # and whatnot via email when asked. other than that, i haven't done anything. i've never had a tune before and everything is completely stock on my car. what is the first thing i should do? plug the device into my laptop or what? also, should i be sending a file to them and waiting to receive one back before doing this?

i've clearly never done anything like this before so i don't want to mess anything up.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:13 PM

C63
The first thing you want to do is get the software installed and updated on your computer.

Once it is installed you will want to update it to the latest verision.

After that you are going to be plugging in your MyGenius tool using the USB cable. If you have Windows 7 it will recognize the driver and begin installing it.

Then you are going to upgrade the firmware on the MyGenius tool. I believe you do this by clicking update on the software while the tool is plugged in through USB. Do not disconnect the tool at any time while it is updating.

After you're all updated, click on the Info button to see if you are up to date with everything. If you aren't, it will tell you to update again.

Once you're all updated you are going to want to get the info from your vehicle. Plug the ODBII connector underneath your dash and follow the prompts. EC was going to work on getting an updated user guide, but I'm not sure where that stands just yet.

It's not terribly difficult because the prompts are pretty self explanatory. You want to choose PRT IDENTIFY first when you plug it in, but it will tell you to turn on/off your dashboard several times.

I would suggest using your key instead of keyless go. It's easier to tell what key position you're in.

After you get the data from your vehicle you will email it into EC and they will send a file back to you.

After you're done there go to https://mbworld.org/forums/5221191-post259.html to see pics on how to get the file onto your device.

I'll give you an example of my car as I did the whole process. I had one door open, radio on mute and all windows closed when getting the information. When uploading the tune to the car I had the exact same door open, radio on mute and all windows closed.

Just make sure that all conditions are the same no matter what you're doing. You don't want to start the car, turn on/off the radio or open/close the door while you're performing the tuning.

Also, don't disconnect the tool until you're done. Follow the prompts and you'll know when it is finished.

If you have any questions, ping us on the forums.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
This can help too:
http://www.eurocharged.com/Euro_mygenius.pdf
Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by drawde
Does anyone know if the tool can also pull CEL codes? or nah

Just curious.
Bump. Not that it matters, but it would be a cool feature tho since this has a backlight and my current reader doesn't.

Still waiting for mine, should be here Wednesday
Old 06-04-2012, 08:39 PM

2012 C63 Sedan
Just installed the tune earlier and took it for a quick drive. All I can say is wow.... Still got a grin on my face! It's a nice and day difference between stock and the tune. One that that does bother me is that I will be going through tires even faster! But I can live with that! lol
Old 06-04-2012, 09:50 PM

C63
guys i'm plugging it into my computer and it's turning on and going to the Main Menu, but nothing is showing up on my laptop...i opened My Computer and it's not showing up there either, but it's showing up in the removable devices. I can't do anything with it from there though. I tried restarting my computer, but nothing. Any help?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM

C63
I also went to Control Panel>Add a Device, but it just kept "Searching for devices" and nothing showed up...the whole time the actual device is still on and at the Main Menu
Old 06-04-2012, 09:52 PM

c63
Originally Posted by SheryarYO
guys i'm plugging it into my computer and it's turning on and going to the Main Menu, but nothing is showing up on my laptop...i opened My Computer and it's not showing up there either, but it's showing up in the removable devices. I can't do anything with it from there though. I tried restarting my computer, but nothing. Any help?
there are some instructions preparing the tune a few posts up. there is a client that needs to be installed from the provided USB jump drive. plug that in, run the installer then let it perform the updates.

but it sounds like you didnt open the My Genius client. open that up and your device's screen will switch to "USB communication active"

from there, within the My Genius client, you should be able to prepare and do everything needed.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by flooby
Just installed the tune earlier and took it for a quick drive. All I can say is wow.... Still got a grin on my face! It's a nice and day difference between stock and the tune. One that that does bother me is that I will be going through tires even faster! But I can live with that! lol
thats what we typically hear!!!

Originally Posted by _timothy
there are some instructions preparing the tune a few posts up. there is a client that needs to be installed from the provided USB jump drive. plug that in, run the installer then let it perform the updates.

but it sounds like you didnt open the My Genius client. open that up and your device's screen will switch to "USB communication active"

from there, within the My Genius client, you should be able to prepare and do everything needed.
beat me to it! Nice job and right on the money!

Old 06-04-2012, 10:10 PM

C63
oooh got you. i didn't realize we had to use the flash drive first. i thought it was just an extra. thanks guys
Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM

C63
so i was following the steps in the pdf and they weren't quite the same, but i tried to follow them as closely as i could anyway, because a couple people said that they were able to just follow along and get it to work. i got up to where it says:

Protocol identify:
FLASH_0048, but mine was a different number than 0048 (hope that doesn't matter).

after that, i got to Identification, but my 3 options were a little different. i tried following it anyway, but i'm not sure what i did.

now whenever i plug it in and press Work, it very quickly flashes:

Wait: Protocol opening

and then takes me to a menu that says Protocol where the options are Writing, Tool, or Back. If I select Writing, it says Code [0x4104]: No enabled file for writing. If I select Tool it gives me the option for DEL ERRORS or BACK.

i'm kinda lost as to what I'm supposed to do from here. i'm trying to get the file from my car and send it to EC.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:48 PM

C63
so i was following the steps in the pdf and they weren't quite the same, but i tried to follow them as closely as i could anyway, because a couple people said that they were able to just follow along and get it to work. i got up to where it says:

Protocol identify:
FLASH_0048, but mine was a different number than 0048 (hope that doesn't matter).

after that, i got to Identification, but my 3 options were a little different. i tried following it anyway, but i'm not sure what i did.

now whenever i plug it in and press Work, it very quickly flashes:

Wait: Protocol opening

and then takes me to a menu that says Protocol where the options are Writing, Tool, or Back. If I select Writing, it says Code [0x4104]: No enabled file for writing. If I select Tool it gives me the option for DEL ERRORS or BACK.

i'm kinda lost as to what I'm supposed to do from here. i'm trying to get the file from my car and send it to EC.
The first step is to identify the vehicle and send that file to EC. After identifying your vehicle, you will need to download it from the MyGenius tool.

Have you already done that?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM

C300, C63 AMG Coupe, Fx 35
Anyone with a p31 have any experience with this yet?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM

C63
Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63
The first step is to identify the vehicle and send that file to EC. After identifying your vehicle, you will need to download it from the MyGenius tool.

Have you already done that?
unless it was the part where it was:

Protocol identify:
FLASH_0048

but according to the PDF, the next step should have been under IDENTIFICATION, but my 3 options were not the same as what the PDF said. i never got to the point where it says Reading ECU.

it seems mine somehow jumped to the part where it's supposed to write the new tune. maybe i'll try to see if my ECU was somehow read already and can be sent to EC.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:09 PM
b16

2009 C63, 2000 ML 430, 1994 Del Sol Vtec
I'm sure the file you need to send to EC is on the device.

You plug the handheld back into your computer and download the fpf file. Send that file to EC.

EC with then email you your tune in a different format.

You then upload this file to the hand held, then go flash it to your car.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:13 PM

C63
nevermind. i plugged the device back into my laptop and i guess it got the file. hope all my annoying posts are going to help someone down the line...
Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 AM

2016 C63S
nevermind. i plugged the device back into my laptop and i guess it got the file. hope all my annoying posts are going to help someone down the line...
Sounds like you're on your way now. Did you get the PDF file after you placed your order, from EC? That walks you through the main steps of 1. installing from USB 2. Marrying the device 3. downloading your stock file and sending it to the team, etc etc.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:35 AM

2012 c63 sedan
Originally Posted by loungn14
lol figures indeed.....well report back on your impressions!

Do all 2011/2012 need the updated protocol? Mine should be arriving this week.. Glad to hear things are working !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!