C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by ezatnova
Sounds like you're on your way now. Did you get the PDF file after you placed your order, from EC? That walks you through the main steps of 1. installing from USB 2. Marrying the device 3. downloading your stock file and sending it to the team, etc etc.
yeah i got the pdf, but was just having a tough time since i had little patience .

what is this updated protocol that people are talking about? as of right now, i'm still waiting to get back the file i sent to jerry at EC. will i need the updated protocol as well?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by SheryarYO
yeah i got the pdf, but was just having a tough time since i had little patience .

what is this updated protocol that people are talking about? as of right now, i'm still waiting to get back the file i sent to jerry at EC. will i need the updated protocol as well?
just checking back in to make sure all was taken care of and your good to go!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:22 PM

C63
Originally Posted by loungn14
just checking back in to make sure all was taken care of and your good to go!

i got the file, but when i went back to the car i got the same security code that was happening here:

Heres mine. Basically same as _timothy except I deliberately show the dash on/off occurring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feyrxtBf5pM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

*** UPDATE - New protocol file fixed the issue ***
i guess i need the new protocol file???
Old 06-05-2012, 07:07 PM

C63
i got the protocol file, but it's still giving me the same error. not sure what to do from here. i feel like i'm so close, yet it's just not making it to the finishline.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63, 2006 C55
Flasher Error, Me Too

Mine arrived yesterday. Went through the setup process today, everything went fine until it bi-passed the protocol identify screen (4th on the instruction sheet), then proceeded to cycle through to screen 7 as documented, but ultimately came up with error code 0X3101, error while reading hardware number.

Deleted and reloaded everything from scratch on the PC and the Genius, tried again, same result.

Sent Jerry and Adam email and txt, hoping it won't be too complicated to get sorted out.....I very much want this product yesterday.

I see I'm not alone, these newer generation ECU's are pesky.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:14 PM

2012 C63 AMG coupe, 2010 Infiniti G37x
I got my genius today and installed the tune this evening. No problems, everything went very smoothly. A couple of pointers

1. When you update the software on the MyGenius device is may never say "no more updates". Mine kept allowing me to update even though it had the latest version. So make sure the MyGenius client (the program on your desktop) gets the "No More Updates" message, but you don't have to get that for the actual device.

2. The dashboard on/off instruction can be confusing to some people but it's actually quite simple. On the keyless go, here is how it breaks down:
One press of the button = accesories mode (dashboard lights up but FUEL GUAGE does not move)
Two presses of the button = Dashboard on (you will know because the fuel guage will move). This is what you want when it tells you to durn dashboard on.
From then, to turn dashboard off, push the button once. You will see fuel gauge go to zero again. You do NOT have to open the door.

Keep in mind, if you have your foot on break and push ONCE, it will start. So don't be confused when people say "one position before start' because this does not apply to keyless go (it's for older cars when the ignition had an actual key and had written postions LOCK, ACC, ON and START)

Also, make sure that you have the stereo off and any plugin things (like radar detector etc) unplugged or turned off as well.

3. If you have a 2011/2012, you will most likely need the updated protocol file. Jerry will tell you when you send him the identification file from the first step. When you get the protol file, go to "Update" then click on "update protocol" and select the file that Jerry sent you. It will ask you "Protocol xxx already exists, overwrite?" and you should click yes.

That's pretty much it. Other than that follow all the instructions from the PDF they are pretty clear even though some words/order is not quite the same.

I took the car for a little drive but didn't have time to go somewhere where I could take it WOT. First impressions is defintely crisper shifting and pulls harder. We'll see in the next few days when I get a chance to get in on the highway.

Last but not least, I gotta say the Eurocharged ppl have been really good at supporting this product launch. I'm used to sending emails to tuners and get a response in 2-3 days lol (if you already bought from them : ). But I was surprised that all my emails were answered literally in minutes. Great job guys, great product and great company to deal with, thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:52 PM

C63
got it to work guys. i'm an idiot. going to take the car out for a joyride as soon as this heat/celtics game finishes.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by NCE500
Mine arrived yesterday. Went through the setup process today, everything went fine until it bi-passed the protocol identify screen (4th on the instruction sheet), then proceeded to cycle through to screen 7 as documented, but ultimately came up with error code 0X3101, error while reading hardware number.

Deleted and reloaded everything from scratch on the PC and the Genius, tried again, same result.

Sent Jerry and Adam email and txt, hoping it won't be too complicated to get sorted out.....I very much want this product yesterday.

I see I'm not alone, these newer generation ECU's are pesky.
have you tried the new protocol?

Originally Posted by coolraz
I got my genius today and installed the tune this evening. No problems, everything went very smoothly. A couple of pointers

1. When you update the software on the MyGenius device is may never say "no more updates". Mine kept allowing me to update even though it had the latest version. So make sure the MyGenius client (the program on your desktop) gets the "No More Updates" message, but you don't have to get that for the actual device.

2. The dashboard on/off instruction can be confusing to some people but it's actually quite simple. On the keyless go, here is how it breaks down:
One press of the button = accesories mode (dashboard lights up but FUEL GUAGE does not move)
Two presses of the button = Dashboard on (you will know because the fuel guage will move). This is what you want when it tells you to durn dashboard on.
From then, to turn dashboard off, push the button once. You will see fuel gauge go to zero again. You do NOT have to open the door.

Keep in mind, if you have your foot on break and push ONCE, it will start. So don't be confused when people say "one position before start' because this does not apply to keyless go (it's for older cars when the ignition had an actual key and had written postions LOCK, ACC, ON and START)

Also, make sure that you have the stereo off and any plugin things (like radar detector etc) unplugged or turned off as well.

3. If you have a 2011/2012, you will most likely need the updated protocol file. Jerry will tell you when you send him the identification file from the first step. When you get the protol file, go to "Update" then click on "update protocol" and select the file that Jerry sent you. It will ask you "Protocol xxx already exists, overwrite?" and you should click yes.

That's pretty much it. Other than that follow all the instructions from the PDF they are pretty clear even though some words/order is not quite the same.

I took the car for a little drive but didn't have time to go somewhere where I could take it WOT. First impressions is defintely crisper shifting and pulls harder. We'll see in the next few days when I get a chance to get in on the highway.

Last but not least, I gotta say the Eurocharged ppl have been really good at supporting this product launch. I'm used to sending emails to tuners and get a response in 2-3 days lol (if you already bought from them : ). But I was surprised that all my emails were answered literally in minutes. Great job guys, great product and great company to deal with, thanks!
awesome to hear! Thanks for the kind words, we are trying as hard as we can! Enjoy your new power!!!

got it to work guys. i'm an idiot. going to take the car out for a joyride as soon as this heat/celtics game finishes.
post up your thoughts after the tune!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 12:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
edit: my friend fixed his problem.

Last edited by JPetros2008; 07-09-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 AM

C63
just got back and the car felt great. i feel like i might be in the market for new tires soon though
Old 06-06-2012, 07:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Question

Can someone from EC chime in with how we can use the tool to verify what file is currently loaded onto the ECU? This would be nice to a) confirm that the file is actually loaded, b) remind yourself what's on there if you forget or c) confirm it's back to base/stock before a service visit.

I'm more in the boat of reason A right now. I think there's a bit more pull, but the exhaust note, at cold start or WOT, hasn't changed IMHO. I was hoping for a noticeably enhanced bark at cold start, but to me it sounds exactly like before.

I didn't ever really understand WHY the startup sound would change at all anyway. I highly doubt the car opens the throttle body more than a small percent to start the car up. I would be shocked if the car used to open the TB 70% at cold start, and now it's 100%. The revs would go through the roof.

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:45 AM

2012 c63 sedan
Can someone from EC chime in with how we can use the tool to verify what file is currently loaded onto the ECU? This would be nice to a) confirm that the file is actually loaded, b) remind yourself what's on there if you forget or c) confirm it's back to base/stock before a service visit.

Thanks!
+1, I asked that before purchasing.. I was told no, but maybe it's just an easy software addition? Hope they can add this feature. Mine should be arriving today.. Yay
Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 PM

2012 c63 sedan
nevermind. i plugged the device back into my laptop and i guess it got the file. hope all my annoying posts are going to help someone down the line...
Your post helped me. I did it twice until I read your post and just brought it back to the PC.. I sent the file to sales@eurocharged.com, hopefully it is what they need.

kinda exciting
Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Think I am in the same boat...I sent the file but I believe I need the "new protocol" file also. Anxiously awaiting Jerry's return e-mail!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Got mine today. Is it normal to let me do the update like 4+ times? Going on 5 now.. after it updates and reboots the MyGenius it says no upgrades available and closes, but i load it up again and click update and it'll write to the flash and reboot it again. Seems to keep letting me do it until i give up.

EDIT make that 6.. I think it's good enough, lol.

I tried this tonight, I'm not sure if I got the correct file because i got the "Run the errors" error message, it did generate a .fpf file though. I tried doing it again, but I couldn't find ID or Reading.. It changed to Writing and I didn't wanna mess with that..

Last edited by drawde; 06-07-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by drawde
Got mine today. Is it normal to let me do the update like 4+ times? Going on 5 now.. after it updates and reboots the MyGenius it says no upgrades available and closes, but i load it up again and click update and it'll write to the flash and reboot it again. Seems to keep letting me do it until i give up.

EDIT make that 6.. I think it's good enough, lol.

I tried this tonight, I'm not sure if I got the correct file because i got the "Run the errors" error message, it did generate a .fpf file though. I tried doing it again, but I couldn't find ID or Reading.. It changed to Writing and I didn't wanna mess with that..
Yes, it will "update" infinitely. I wish it would say "no current updates" for BOTH the software and the hardware.

Yes, you did the download process correctly. It will always give the "Run the errors" message. Even when you get the files on there to write to the car. Poor wording on the menu screen, which causes confusion and worry.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
@ezatnova thanks.. Was hoping it was fine lol

I sent my file out to jerry last night and got the tune this AM.. He also sent me the updated protocol file, all went fine! Thanks EC!

Can definitely feel a difference even coming from v1..

Last edited by drawde; 06-07-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Mine is installed as well...Couple small issues (my fault) Jerry and Adam were right there for me. I can really feel the difference!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Originally Posted by drawde
@ezatnova thanks.. Was hoping it was fine lol

I sent my file out to jerry last night and got the tune this AM.. He also sent me the updated protocol file, all went fine! Thanks EC!

Can definitely feel a difference even coming from v1..
Anyone hear back from EC? I sent my file on Wednesday afternoon I also called them and left a message?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Originally Posted by cretangod5555
Anyone hear back from EC? I sent my file on Wednesday afternoon I also called them and left a message?
Who did you send it to? I think i emailed both jerry and sales.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Originally Posted by cretangod5555

All files that I have received have been processed. Almost all were done within 24 hours.

Can you please resend and PM me once you send again. Maybe there is an issue with the mail server.

Thanks,
Old 06-08-2012, 11:49 AM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
Jerry thanks I will be sending the email again in a couple min.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 PM

2015 CLS63 S-AMG
I hope you got the email just want to confirm to be sure it went through. Thanks
Old 06-08-2012, 02:16 PM

2009 C63
Sent the file last night...got it this morning.

Followed the instructions and it was super easy!

Is there a way to confirm the tuned ECU is successfully on the car? It would be nice to verify the ECU has been modified when in the car itself.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM

2012 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by SF_C63
Sent the file last night...got it this morning.

Followed the instructions and it was super easy!

Is there a way to confirm the tuned ECU is successfully on the car? It would be nice to verify the ECU has been modified when in the car itself.
Go out and mash the go pedal....you should be able to tell

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 63 Programmer and Tune Sale!!! Flash your own car without opening the ECU!!