Mercedes C63 AMG Crash Escape in Tunnel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Your dad bought you your car. What's been accomplished? Don't be an asshat or I will personally put you in the corner.

You are 100% wrong. The C driver was acting like a maniac and putting himself and others in danger.
My dad bought me my car? LOL. Good one.

Ah and btw, you're not scaring anyone.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG(SOLD)
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head

You are 100% wrong. The C driver was acting like a maniac and putting himself and others in danger.
I agree with you on this one. I hope by now that he has learned a lesson and he won't do it again. Thank God there were no damages to anything and anyone out there.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 561 Likes on 371 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Not trying to scare you. I don't need to, your true colors are showing with the ignorant nonsense you're spouting in this thread.

ETA: you've said it yourself in your own posts, you're a college student (clearly from the quality of your posts) and you have little to no credit, then you show up with a CL63? You must think everyone here is a retard. Don't make me dig, between Moosejaw and I, this will get embarrassing for you.

Last edited by Cylinder Head; 08-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:53 PM

Location: On a oil lease cracking rock to recover glorious sour oil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modded 2010 Harley Edition F-450 and a '13 S5
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Wow guys! Seems like you are speaking different languages!
I might say that from the words you're using, you're about the same age.
That would not be a compliment to forcefed, sorry!

No question that the C driver is an idiot, but most of us often indicate only when WE think it is necessary, where as if we did EVERY time, idiots like this would not affect our lives as much.

Guilty, you might say that the truck would benefit from indicating not for the sake of the stupid C driver, but for his own job:

I am amazed that forcefed is responding to the indicator comment so aggressively, while all the posts about wishing the guy dead and a huge accident causing it go unchallenged...
A) The close call was not a result of the failure to use the indicator when changing lanes. If the car was not being driven so vigorously on a public road there would be no problem. Period. You can argue that the trucker should have signaled all you want, it still doesnt make up for the fact that the driver was in way over his head and got very lucky to escape without incident.

B) Nowhere did I say that he should have met with a sticky end. Only that he was incredibly lucky.

Look at this from a cops point of view. Cause and effect. There is a car 1/4mile behind a large transport truck. The car is doing the speed limit and the truck goes to change lanes forgetting to indicate. Being that the car is 1/4mile behind the truck there is no close call. Boring video but you get the point.

Now there is a car hammering down the highway at night 1/4mile behind the same truck. He looks into his mirrors and see's headlights a long ways back. Not knowing the car is flying he just changes lanes. But by the time he starts to move over. This bonzai runner is right up his bumper very nearly causing an accident. In a logical world who would you find at fault? The guy in the truck for failure to indicate? Or the guy driving with undo care and attention, stunting, felony speeding, reckless endangerment?

As automotive enthusiast we should shun and openly damn this type behavior. It makes us all look like idiots.

Last edited by forcefed6.4ford; 08-05-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Wealth and the ability to buy fast cars does not equate to brains, common sense or maturity. We all drive too fast sometimes but I would hope those amongst us with brains would do so when alone on the road and even then keep it reasonable. The reason young guys are picked on is because many (not all) actually "think" they are more mature than they are, bullet proof, have better driving ability than they actually do and that anything they do is OK. Those of us who are a bit older are typically (although not always) settled down a bit, have a little sense of mortality and have a young family that drive on these same streets and that makes us more concerned about what stupid things others are doing.

Bottom line is the driver in the video was a stupid dumb *** and would have been at fault regardless of the non-signalling truck driver. Have fun, play a bit but be safe... hopefully if someone messes up like the driver in the video, the only casualty is them and no innocent person around them.

Last edited by gthal; 08-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Originally Posted by forcefed6.4ford
A) The close call was not a result of the failure to use the indicator when changing lanes. If the car was not being driven so vigorously on a public road there would be no problem. Period. You can argue that the trucker should have signaled all you want, it still doesnt make up for the fact that the driver was in way over his head and got very lucky to escape without incident.

B) Nowhere did I say that he should have met with a sticky end. Only that he was incredibly lucky.

Look at this from a cops point of view. Cause and effect. There is a car 1/4mile behind a large transport truck. The car is doing the speed limit and the truck goes to change lanes forgetting to indicate. Being that the car is 1/4mile behind the truck there is no close call. Boring video but you get the point.

Now there is a car hammering down the highway at night 1/4mile behind the same truck. He looks into his mirrors and see's headlights a long ways back. Not knowing the car is flying he just changes lanes. But by the time he starts to move over. This bonzai runner is right up his bumper very nearly causing an accident. In a logical world who would you find at fault? The guy in the truck for failure to indicate? Or the guy driving with undo care and attention, stunting, felony speeding, reckless endangerment?

As automotive enthusiast we should shun and openly damn this type behavior. It makes us all look like idiots.
You are absolutely correct! I think you take Guilty's post as his defending the driver and blaming the truck. Truck driver has no fault. He can prevent idiots like this driver from killing themselves hitting his trailer by signaling. However if he doesn't signal, he is not going to be responsible for the accident. He will just have to deal with the crap that follows.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG Coupe P31
OOOOOOOO----OOOOOOOOO

great googley moogely
Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I didn't defend the driver. I just said that people need to learn how to drive for their own safety and to prevent accidents. Everyone should take a defensive driving course IMO. It's not about if you're in fault or no, it's about anticipating problems and avoiding them.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
That person driving deserves a 20hr victim panel so they can hear how much stupidity of that degree has inresersably changed their lives families lives.

If your such a great driver do it at the track don't take anyone's life into jeopardy cause you "think" your a driver. Any REAL driver knows not to pull that crap on a road with so many variables and human life in play.

Just my .2
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
guys.. lets lay off the trash talking at each other and lets get back on topic here. We can all agree that the driver in the video is lucky to be alive for his dumb driving. And he obviously did not learn from his mistake as he uploaded this video onto the web thinking it was cool.

As a MB enthusiast and C63 owner, my hope is that we all remember to leave the reckless driving at home. if you want to speed, do it on track days. Lets do our part to ensure our roads are safe. Too many innocent lives are cut short due to accidents not their fault.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:35 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
If he indicated, that wouldn't happen and the speeding driver would've seen him.
At those speeds, it's highly unlikely the speeding driver would have seen a turn signal from the truck driver and even if he did see it, the result would have been the same - a really close call if lucky and a complete wreck if not. Even though we should all signal, it would have made no difference in a case like this one.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Fung63
guys.. lets lay off the trash talking at each other and lets get back on topic here. We can all agree that the driver in the video is lucky to be alive for his dumb driving. And he obviously did not learn from his mistake as he uploaded this video onto the web thinking it was cool.

As a MB enthusiast and C63 owner, my hope is that we all remember to leave the reckless driving at home. if you want to speed, do it on track days. Lets do our part to ensure our roads are safe. Too many innocent lives are cut short due to accidents not their fault.
Amen. You not only put your own life in jeopardy, but others as well - innocent and unsuspecting. At the track, you're free to kill yourself all you want.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
And I'm sure there are lots of cars with malfunctioning turn signals as well.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by otakki
And I'm sure there are lots of cars with malfunctioning turn signals as well.
Funny you mention this... today I was behind a ford escape and something was seriously wrong with the lights. When they braked the right brake light came on first then the left brake light and right turn signal about a second later. Everytime this person braked it happened! I have never seen anything like it.... I wouldve filmed but my iphone is always connected for my music. It was definitely a malfunction.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63
how fast was he going before hitting brakes? my estimate is 110-120...
Old 08-11-2012, 09:43 AM

Mercedes :)
^^^^ About 125 mph~