Sponsored by:

Almost got my hands on a C63 BS alloc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I only recommend them because when Rob @ Vivid took my car in for a PPI, they did it for FREE even though I wasn't buying from them. That's Mr. Schumacher's policy. If you can get a hold of someone high up, maybe they'll pull some strings.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
SLS
Those of you with Iridium cars... It is/was my least favorite color. I've been doing Google Images searches to see if I can change my opinion on it.

I am presented with an opportunity on an Iridium Silver C63BSC. And I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger on it.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by GrnLantern
Those of you with Iridium cars... It is/was my least favorite color. I've been doing Google Images searches to see if I can change my opinion on it.

I am presented with an opportunity on an Iridium Silver C63BSC. And I'm "this" close to pulling the trigger on it.
You can always wrap it
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Then repaint it or get it wrapped. Depends on how badly you want this one now that you finally got an offer.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
You can always wrap it
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I told him Yes. We'll see if I get the rug pulled out from under me for a 4th time now... or if I'll finally get lucky.

(Still looking elsewhere, though. I'm not stopping until something is 100% mine with a signed sales contract.)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Don't worry, with your outstanding dedication you gonna get end up getting the car of your dreams
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
I kinda like silver with the black pano roof. I think you will too.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Go see a similar C63 with that paint in person and decide afterward. It might change your opinion to see it on a physical car.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 AM

2013 C63 Black Series
Here are a couple comparisons to consider.... the silver is a member car, I dont think he would mind me sharing.... the black I found with a google search...
Attached Thumbnails Almost got my hands on a C63 BS alloc-photo3.jpg   Almost got my hands on a C63 BS alloc-c-20black-003.jpg  
Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 GLC63s
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

I told him Yes. We'll see if I get the rug pulled out from under me for a 4th time now... or if I'll finally get lucky.

(Still looking elsewhere, though. I'm not stopping until something is 100% mine with a signed sales contract.)
I feel your pain man...it took me a solid four months to finally get my hands on mine...in the process we also lost at least 4 cars that we thought we had, before we were finally able to get the one I have now...and I was dealing with the largest merc dealers in the country!

Patience pays off tho...I know first hand! Good luck!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Jbizzy21
I feel your pain man...it took me a solid four months to finally get my hands on mine...in the process we also lost at least 4 cars that we thought we had, before we were finally able to get the one I have now...and I was dealing with the largest merc dealers in the country!

Patience pays off tho...I know first hand! Good luck!
Maybe you should PM the OP with dealership names and contact info that you dealt with to get yours.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:56 PM

SLS
Thanks guys. Yeah, any and all help is appreciated.

And, I'm 100% convinced on Iridium now. As of last night, I will take a C63BS in any of the six colors (I no longer dislike Silver on the BS -- other cars, perhaps, but not the BS).

Cold calling / emailing more dealerships to try to place backup deposits still. The one with the inbound Silver one hasn't replied after I said "Let's do it!" last night.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
IMO Silver, White and Red are the three best colors if you are talking about a car with the exterior carbon fiber package. I recently saw a black one with exterior CF and aero package and the CF just faded away and was hardly even noticable. The owner of the black car even agreed, he said his first choice was silver but he could not get his hands on one so knowing how rare they are he jumped at the black one when it presented itself.

you are gonna love it man, it's a great car.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM

2011 C63 P31
Thanks guys. Yeah, any and all help is appreciated.

And, I'm 100% convinced on Iridium now. As of last night, I will take a C63BS in any of the six colors (I no longer dislike Silver on the BS -- other cars, perhaps, but not the BS).

Cold calling / emailing more dealerships to try to place backup deposits still. The one with the inbound Silver one hasn't replied after I said "Let's do it!" last night.
It's still early in the day. Hope you hear from him soon! This thread is really entertaining. So much suspense!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by vmx128
It's still early in the day. Hope you hear from him soon! This thread is really entertaining. So much suspense!
Haha, thanks. I could use a little less suspense for a change, though.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Iridium silver with a satin clear wrap on it. That would look amazing with carbon accents. I really like Rage2's satin wrapped obsidian CBS, I've seen it in person and it allows the paint to really pop.

GET IT!!

Best of luck!!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 PM

2011 C63 P31
Haha, thanks. I could use a little less suspense for a change, though.
I know. I went through this when I was buying my first C63 a couple of years ago (when they had the great trunk money deals). The internet sales guy at the MB dealer in Denver agreed to sell me a car, and I even gave him my credit card number for a deposit. I was more excited than I had ever been in life (at least when it comes to cars). I was already making plans to fly to Denver and drive the car to SoCal over two days. I got a call from the sales guy that day informing me that the GM would only sell me the car if I filled up a MB credit app and sent them bank statements and paystubs etc. as they were worried that I would buy the car and then ship it overseas (I was paying cash). I was upset, but since I really wanted the car, I filled up the credit app and sent them all the docs they wanted. I get a call later that day from the GM himself telling me that even though everything checked out, he made the decision not to sell me the car because they didn't want to take the risk with an out of state sale. They made me go through all that crap for NOTHING. I was upset, angry and sad, but I continued my search and ended up buying a car from MB of Fresno for an even bigger discount the following week.

I try to buy my cars from California dealers after going through that ordeal. It is so much easier. MB of Monterey has been the best experience so far. I bought my 2011 from them a couple of months ago. Everything from the negotiation to paying for the car went really well. I forgot to take my checkbook, and I only had one beaten and battered check in my wallet from a bank that doesn't exist anymore (Washington Mutual) (the check was still valid because Chase acquired WaMu). Much to my surprise and amazement, they accepted that check without any hesitation whatsoever. I paid in full for a car with a check from a bankrupt bank!

Thought I'd add some more spice to this thread while we all wait for your car . How is life in Mountain View? Do you work for any of the big tech companies there?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM

SLS
Wow, yeah, sounds a lot like the kind of treatment I've been getting.

I heard good things about MB of Monterey, as well. Too bad they don't have any inbound BS's though.

As of this moment, I've left messages and/or emails with every single dealership (except those that have already been in contact with me, or have pulled the rug out from under me) that have an inbound MY13 C63BSC.

Hopefully I can get some backup deposits in place, too.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow, yeah, sounds a lot like the kind of treatment I've been getting.

I heard good things about MB of Monterey, as well. Too bad they don't have any inbound BS's though.

As of this moment, I've left messages and/or emails with every single dealership (except those that have already been in contact with me, or have pulled the rug out from under me) that have an inbound MY13 C63BSC.

Hopefully I can get some backup deposits in place, too.
The majority of car dealers are scum of the earth dirtbags. I am all for capitalism and free markets, etc. but hosing people is uncalled for. I am fortunate enough to have found a good MB delaer in my home town.

Want to hear a Karma story? A friend of a friend of mine was looing to buy a CLK Black Series back in the fall of 2007 after seeing my CLK BS, he called around and found a dealer that had a black one. The dealer wanted $25k over sticker, my buddy said he would pay $10k over, dealership said no deal $25K or nothing. My buddy told them to pound sand, a couple weks later my buddy found a CLK BS for $2500 over MSRP and purchased it. About a month later my buddy get a call from dealer A saying we can sell you taht CLK BS for $10K over, he said sorry I purchased another car. 6 months later the car was still sitting on the dealers lot, they ended up selling it for under MSRP. So not only did the dealerships greed cause them to loose out on an additional $10K profit and moving the car in a matter of days they ended up having to sit on the car for about 6 months. Anyone that knows anything about how car dealers work and the term "flooring" knows that this cost the dealership thousands and thousands of dollars.....KARMA!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Earlier in this thread I made mention of seeing some classified letters and memos when heads were rolling regarding my deal. Here is one of the memos, this pertains to dealers marking up cars and selling them for over MSRP on sites such as ebay ect. being strictly forbidden. This was an unsold car my dealership and MBUSA was trying to get me, it cuased a firestorm at MBUSA and this dealership.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mercedesletter.pdf (18.2 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by jrcart; 08-24-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:39 PM

SLS
While it's not actually securing me the car, it's nice to get this kind of response from a GM, instead of the usual "You need to give me $20k over" or "You are a barbarian outcast because you do not live in my region."

Thank you for your inquiry. I will be happy to put you in backup position on the Black Series C63. While I believe the deal appears to be very solid there is always that chance. I will keep you updated and feel free to contact me at any time.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 PM

SLS
Originally Posted by jrcart
Earlier in this thread I made mention of seeing some classified letters and memos when heads were rolling regarding my deal. Here is one of the memos, this pertains to dealers marking up cars and selling them for over MSRP on sites such as ebay ect. being strictly forbidden. This was an unsold car my dealership and MBUSA was trying to get me, it cuased a firestorm at MBUSA and this dealership.
Good stuff.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:16 PM

SLS
Post-weekend update (and long story short): Allocation secured.

(Also, I have to say, I've been very impressed with the responsiveness of folks at MBUSA. I realize things are a bit out of their hands once allocations are assigned, but they really did try to pull for me. And it's very much appreciated.)
Old 08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
AWESOME! What are the specs?

I was actually at my dealership today dropping off my car to get rid of some little annoying quirks and asked them if they were able to get BS allocations, on your behalf. They said that they might have a shot since they do often secure SLSes etc. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Obligatory pics or it didn't happen
Old 08-28-2012, 03:27 PM

SLS
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Waiting on a detailed NetStar report still. Hopefully should get that later today or tomorrow.

No pics yet. But, I will be taking pics when I take delivery (end of Oct? beginning of Nov?). And I will be driving the car back home, so it should make for a fun, but painful roadtrip (thanks to the unfortunate break-in period).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Almost got my hands on a C63 BS alloc