Sponsored by:

F150 Idiot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 ///Amg
F150 Idiot

Passed a guy in a F150 on highway think nothing of it, then he roars by me like ten seconds later and slows down and does it again.

I give it some gas and rip by him( just got my headers installed so car is fking loud now), he pulls up beside me again and gives me the horns and thumbs up, and then for the next five minutes he continues roaring by me and then slowing down. Not sure whether he was trying to race me or just get me to open it up.

So I rip by him again, now we are entering the city, so he starts giving me the thumbs up and we are going through a turn, doesnt watch the road and curb rashes the **** out of his wheels .

My girlfriend was in the car and we both burst out laughing, and then he took off as I'm sure he felt like an idiot.

The best part was we had to pull up to him at the stoplight So awkward. Then he gave me another thumbs up and it again at the lights took off.

I was embarassed for this guy what a moron.

And that is my end of my really cool story, I just thought it would be funny to share. lol
Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 Diamond White C63 Coupe
Why is it that only superbikes and trucks ever want to play with me on the highway? So frustrating.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Audi A5 6MT, C63 AMG
I have never ever encountered any situation where some one is trying to get me to speed up! i thought this existed only in fast and furious movies!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
curbs arent usually going to be high enough to cause rash on F-150 rims, i'm thinking
Old 09-21-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
I would not scoff all f-150's.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
So, you're calling someone that was smiling and giving you thumbs up, but happened to curb his rims, a "moron" and an "idiot." Classy.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by Sidv22
I have never ever encountered any situation where some one is trying to get me to speed up! i thought this existed only in fast and furious movies!
I used to get it a lot in one of my old Mustangs. I know it was because of how loud(built supercharged motor w/long tubes 3" exhaust and no tailpipes or dumps on the mufflers) my car was because if it were looks then I'd be baffled because it looked rather stock cruising down the freeway at night. What used to annoy me though is these people would routinely do it over and over and over. Taking off and just leaving them miles behind never seemed to work either because eventually I'd slow down to whatever speed I was comfortable with and eventually they'd catch back up. One of my old Porsches got it a fair amount too but it too head a pretty "healthy sound" that attracted a little too much attention.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Originally Posted by Snipe656
I used to get it a lot in one of my old Mustangs. I know it was because of how loud(built supercharged motor w/long tubes 3" exhaust and no tailpipes or dumps on the mufflers) my car was because if it were looks then I'd be baffled because it looked rather stock cruising down the freeway at night. What used to annoy me though is these people would routinely do it over and over and over. Taking off and just leaving them miles behind never seemed to work either because eventually I'd slow down to whatever speed I was comfortable with and eventually they'd catch back up. One of my old Porsches got it a fair amount too but it too head a pretty "healthy sound" that attracted a little too much attention.
something similar happened to me when on a road trip a little while back. a car was tailing me mile after mile, switching lanes when i switched lanes, etc. i floored it a few times to get him off my a**, but lo and behold, when i would slow back down, he would catch up and continue to follow me. he wasn't really doing anything directly offensive to me, but i was pretty sick of seeing his car in my rear view.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
something similar happened to me when on a road trip a little while back. a car was tailing me mile after mile, switching lanes when i switched lanes, etc. i floored it a few times to get him off my a**, but lo and behold, when i would slow back down, he would catch up and continue to follow me. he wasn't really doing anything directly offensive to me, but i was pretty sick of seeing his car in my rear view.
I had that problem last time I drove through Quebec to Mont Tremblant. There was more than one car following me. I figure that they were using me as a shield against police radar in the hopes I would take the heat and they would go unnoticed. Eventually I just pulled over for a few minutes rest to get rid of them.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mort
I had that problem last time I drove through Quebec to Mont Tremblant. There was more than one car following me. I figure that they were using me as a shield against police radar in the hopes I would take the heat and they would go unnoticed. Eventually I just pulled over for a few minutes rest to get rid of them.
That was a good idea.....it's exactly what I do, when I come up against some, shall we say, "unusual" driving, close to me.
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Not so much a "Moron" but a strange wierdo...at least he was complimenting you and your car...???????
Old 09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hmm my take on this... You think the guy in F150's an idiot for multi- & egging you on to race or watch you run??? It would appear to onlookers IE anyone who actually witnessed this klown pairing that you were the sole idiot in this encounter IE revving/racing a run of the mill stock 4-5000 lb F150 vs C63 w/mods..

Ya you really showed him who's the boss
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
Old 09-22-2012, 01:09 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
So, you're calling someone that was smiling and giving you thumbs up, but happened to curb his rims, a "moron" and an "idiot." Classy.
Yes I am actually, if I was driving and was so busy giving someone a thumbs up and trying to make him drive fast that I almost ran myself off the road and damaged my wheels, then yes I would say you are a dumba** or at least had a duma** moment. Maybe he really isnt, never met the guy, but I'm sure if you asked him about it, he would prob admit he was acting pretty stupid.

This is exactly it, yea its cool to get a thumbs up, obviously its a good feeling when someone does this, we spend money on our cars to make them better, and it is nice when someone gives you some recognition that they like it.
But when someguy keeps blowing by you and slowing down repeating, you have to wonder what he is doing after a while. If I see a Lambo on the road, I wouldn't do that, have some class and leave the guy alone, give him a thumbs up, a shot of gas and be done with it, no need to beat a dead horse

Originally Posted by m a x i m u s
Exactly, he has no bad intentions but it does get rather annoying after the third and fourth time.
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
Not so much a "Moron" but a strange wierdo...at least he was complimenting you and your car...???????
Call him what you want, ill take compliments on my car all day, but i thought when u take it to the point of driving off the road because you are not paying attention, then I think your taking it overboard.
Originally Posted by Thericker
Hmm my take on this... You think the guy in F150's an idiot for multi- & egging you on to race or watch you run??? It would appear to onlookers IE anyone who actually witnessed this klown pairing that you were the sole idiot in this encounter IE revving/racing a run of the mill stock 4-5000 lb F150 vs C63 w/mods..

Ya you really showed him who's the boss
Thanks for your take i guess, not sure where you are getting all of your examples from but as I said in my post:

1. I was never racing him, he would fly by me and slow down, and do it again, I sped by him once and when he repeatedly kept doing it, I took off once more to try get away from him, but low and behold he caught up to me and continued to egg me on, at which point he almost hit the ditch.

2.If there were any of your onlookers they would have found me the idiot? Hmmm, I don't think so.. I'm not even going to get into this.

3. My intent was never to "show him whose boss", you make it sound like i am telling this story and marking this down as a kill or something
all i did was let this guy hear my car, not like we were doing pulls down the highway.

Thanks for your input and quit trolling this thread
Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
Originally Posted by OlegKouz
Why is it that only superbikes and trucks ever want to play with me on the highway? So frustrating.
haha I dont know, they have the most to prove i guess

Originally Posted by Sidv22
No way! It has happened to me a few times for sure!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM

2015 C63S
If it was a kill for you then I hope you painted another F150 onto the kill list you have going on your front fenders
Old 09-22-2012, 01:26 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
If it was a kill for you then I hope you painted another F150 onto the kill list you have going on your front fenders
Not following this?
Old 09-22-2012, 01:29 PM

2015 C63S
I was making a joke, figure that was obvious, well unless people really do paint things on their fenders ........
Old 09-22-2012, 01:30 PM

2009 C63 ///Amg
haha not me!!!