C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my wife bananas! :D
Hey Sha1na,

Grats on getting accepted into med school. I would say a C63 makes a fine gift Also, doing the european deliver with your mom will really make it a special memory.... pretty cool!

good luck with the car and your future studies.... and mod the heck out of the car, all you need to do is return it in a similar state once the 4 years is done lol
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM

2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Hi CoolBDPhenom03! Sorry for the late-ish response. I fell asleep last night. But yea I think I will try to catch one of the driving academies especially since I don't have to take my own car, so maybe I will fly into a different state if I have to
Old 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Hi Tp_man! Thank you and congrats on your car too! I hope you have fun when you head on over there.

1)Yea it seems pretty unanimous about the whole LSD thing so I am waiting for the dealership to open to add it on. haha

2) Nice I will definitely check out the Zaino option. Especially since it is so cost effective at $10!

Thanks again for your reply and congrats again on your car as well
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM

AMG c63 estate and SLK 250 sport
C63 Estate

Hi Shaina,
My name is Nigel and I live in the UK, and today I have ordered my 3rd C63 Estate.colour and interior identical to yours. I absolutely love the car as does the wife(she has a new SLK girlie car) Germany is safe but like everywhere always be on the alert ,so to speak, same as you would be in your home town.
For me the car has 2 problems,it's thirst as gas is very expensive here and its handling in wet weather,and if it snows it stays on the drive,simple as that! But the roads in the US are ideal for this beast, but always show respect in the rain on bends if traveling at warp speed!!The sound of the engine is something else,like sex on wheels and the car makes you believe you are an achiever so well done to you! Best wishes
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM

AMG c63 estate and SLK 250 sport
c 63 estate

By the way Shaina forgot to say ,my favourite place on Earth is SE Asia, I go 3 times a year,you should see the C63's in HK and Sing!! Awesome and buying in white long before the fashion hit here in the West!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Congrats on the new car Shaina I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

As far as the interior color goes I have that same two-tone option. Ive had it for 3.5 months now as a daily driver and it still looks new, just have to keep cleaning it every so often when it starts to look a little dirty but its holding up well. I like to call it the Shamu interior and its honestly so nice to just look at. Really stands out from a single tone interior.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by dboutros
Congrats on the new car Shaina I'm sure you're going to enjoy it!

As far as the interior color goes I have that same two-tone option. Ive had it for 3.5 months now as a daily driver and it still looks new, just have to keep cleaning it every so often when it starts to look a little dirty but its holding up well. I like to call it the Shamu interior and its honestly so nice to just look at. Really stands out from a single tone interior.
Got pix?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Got pix?
Ask and ye shall receive!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Nice. I dig it.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 PM

HI Sheep!! Hah yea totally Asian. Well not totally totally Asian. My mom’s grandma is actually from hong kong and is Cantonese but she is also part british. Then my other splits are Filipino, Portuguese, and Spanish. So I associate asian because my parents are from the Philippines and I look more Chinese than I do the others. But yea I am mainly getting this car as my detox for whenever I get home from grad school. Pretty much my way of enjoying life, while grad school sucks the life out of me. Haha. And Carnegie Mellon is a great school! What are you getting your Ph.D in if you don’t mind me asking? Ohh… I didn’t even think about roaming charges. What GPS would you suggest just like a tom tom or Magellan or whatever they are called? Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by sha1na_AMG; 10-03-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot to address it to Sheep :)
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Hi noodleman! And thank you! I will have to order some of the Zaino maybe even for my 325i. I didn’t even think about the bird droppings or the bug splatter, but again exellent idea! I considered the Red leather. I considered the all red and it was a little bright for me. Then I considered the red and porcelain, but it reminded me or mint or a candy cane. Then I was kind of Ok with the black and red, but then my mom said I look like a wannabe gang banger. Which I guess if you saw me it kind of makes sense. Haha. I am this little asian girly girl, so it kind of doesn’t fit. Now if I looked like one of the girls from Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift, whole different story
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM

Hi Nigel! It’s so nice to meet you. Nice we will be twinsies except yours is an estate and mine is a coupe. Hah. Its good to know that Germany is seen as generally safe but you are right I should still be alert. So maybe one can of pepper spray would be ok? Hah. Yea I gas prices here won’t be very fun with this V8 but you are right the engine literally is sex on wheels! I think that is honestly one of the main reasons why I am buying it. Haha. Don’t know if that is an entirely valid reason. But yea during rainy days and just certain situations you must always recognize that despite the power and safety the car has, it must not override common sense and proper judgment. Plus I live in southern California so rain and snow are rare in my area. I literally would almost have to seek it out.

Is it sad to say that I have been to neither Singapore or HK? And my mom’s grandma is from HK? Haha. We were going to take that trip this summer but opted for Germany, France and England, so I will actually kinda sort of be in your area! Haha. But I should visit SE Asia to bring myself a bit more fashion forward than the rest, especially since fashion is another one of my addictions.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
The onboard GPS isn't bad at all, but I swear by Garmins.

Btw, multi-quoting is your friend. Just use the [OFF"] box to link quotes together and you can do just one reply

Red/porcelain would look sick!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:24 PM

HI dboutros! Thanks!! And that is good to know that it is not too high maintenance. Since it is your daily driver how does the porcelain hold up against denim? I have had one off white colored purse and got dark denim all over it. Let’s just say Gucci erased all the G’s off my purse and then that led to me getting a whole new purse from them. But I have this strong feeling Mercedes won’t swap out my seat if I can’t remove the denim. I was also thinking of putting some sort of leather sealant on the seats? But I think the shamu interior name is very appropriate as it really does look like shamu! Haha. Also I agree with you it does stand out from the single tone interior and I think that is why I am so drawn to it. Thanks again for your reply!

Oh and thank you for posting pics! You have a beautiful car! And the interior really is that pretty
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Hi Fung63! It is more of a bribe to get into medical school; I have yet to take my MCAT in January. But I am pretty hopeful that at least the Carrib schools will take me. Hah. Yea my mom is super excited just super weary about the whole travelling in a different country. I have been wanting to take this trip since I was in high school. I remember talking to my friends while running our morning mile during P.E. hah. Kinda nerdy but I was still in the transition into girly phase.

Hah thank you for your well wishes! And for now I only have cosmetic mods in mind. Maybe some black wheels, carbon fiber lip and mirrors? And of course change the side marker. But yea I have a feeling my parents will tell me I am not a boy and won’t let me do them but we will see. Hah.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
HI dboutros! Thanks!! And that is good to know that it is not too high maintenance. Since it is your daily driver how does the porcelain hold up against denim? I have had one off white colored purse and got dark denim all over it. Let’s just say Gucci erased all the G’s off my purse and then that led to me getting a whole new purse from them. But I have this strong feeling Mercedes won’t swap out my seat if I can’t remove the denim. I was also thinking of putting some sort of leather sealant on the seats? But I think the shamu interior name is very appropriate as it really does look like shamu! Haha. Also I agree with you it does stand out from the single tone interior and I think that is why I am so drawn to it. Thanks again for your reply!

Oh and thank you for posting pics! You have a beautiful car! And the interior really is that pretty
It stands up fine to denim. I wear jeans daily and im getting in and out. I was honestly worried about the two-tone as well but I didn't have much of a choice in interior colors (though this was my #1 color choice followed by #2 two-tone red/black). Thankfully, its needed much less maintenance than what i was expecting and so far have been very happy. The only thing I really maintain is the drivers seat (most used obviously ) and even at that its really just the doorside lower bolster since I constantly rub up against it getting in and out so it gets a little dirty faster than anything else, a quick wipe down with leather cleaner once a month cleans it up fabulously though.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Hi dboutros! Thanks for the quick reply. That is great to know! I thought I would have to wipe down like once a week or something or maybe once a day even lol. Yea I bring this up mainly because aside from my purse incident my tan interior in my current car is kinda dirty but I don’t know if that is because I never thought to clean it until now which is like 7 years since I got it. So I guess I should be a bit more aware. Also this most likely won’t be my DD, more likely a weekend car, so hopefully this will help with keeping the maintenance to as minimal as possible.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM

AMG
congrats on the new C63, hope to see pic's when you get it!! Oh and IMO i would go for that LSD.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:10 PM

2012 C63 Black Series
I had the light grey interior in my last C63. when it gets a little dirty buy the 2 step Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. keeps the leather looking incredible. you can get if from most auto shops or the dealer parts counter.
I've seen dboutros's interior and that combo looks outstanding. I think it would pop even more with a white vehicle. congrats on the purchase
good luck on the MCAT. God I hated that test lol.
always good to see a (future) fellow Chinese/Filipino medical professional
Old 10-03-2012, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Hi Fung63! It is more of a bribe to get into medical school; I have yet to take my MCAT in January. But I am pretty hopeful that at least the Carrib schools will take me. Hah. Yea my mom is super excited just super weary about the whole travelling in a different country. I have been wanting to take this trip since I was in high school. I remember talking to my friends while running our morning mile during P.E. hah. Kinda nerdy but I was still in the transition into girly phase.

Hah thank you for your well wishes! And for now I only have cosmetic mods in mind. Maybe some black wheels, carbon fiber lip and mirrors? And of course change the side marker. But yea I have a feeling my parents will tell me I am not a boy and won’t let me do them but we will see. Hah.
One of my good friends did his studies in those carrib med schools.. worked out perfect for him. He is now working in a hospital in the States. Plus.... he had a wicked time while studying
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Hi kenny@velos! Thank you so much! And I was about to order the LSD but I realize my guy isn't in today at the dealership so I will call it in tomorrow. But thanks for your help and opinion
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by rufferto
I had the light grey interior in my last C63. when it gets a little dirty buy the 2 step Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. keeps the leather looking incredible. you can get if from most auto shops or the dealer parts counter.
I've seen dboutros's interior and that combo looks outstanding. I think it would pop even more with a white vehicle. congrats on the purchase
good luck on the MCAT. God I hated that test lol.
always good to see a (future) fellow Chinese/Filipino medical professional
Hi rufferto! My mom wanted that interior color for my c63 but it wasn't available so that's how we ended up with the porcelain and black interior. Thanks for the suggestion of the lexol leather cleaner and conditioner! i will check this product out also!

It's great to know that you have seen the color in person and like it as well. Yea I don't think anyone likes this test. It's just so much like oh we needed to remember what the organelles do? kinda status. haha. Not hard stuff just a lot of stuff. Well the ochem is hard, that is no joke. haha. But yes it is great to see another chinese/flip in the medical profession! I know so few of them minus my cousin and his wife. Other than that they are all Dr's that came here from the PI. Best of luck if you are still in medschool/residency/whichever step you are on and congrats for getting there! It's a crazy road!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
HI Sheep!! Hah yea totally Asian. Well not totally totally Asian. My mom’s grandma is actually from hong kong and is Cantonese but she is also part british. Then my other splits are Filipino, Portuguese, and Spanish. So I associate asian because my parents are from the Philippines and I look more Chinese than I do the others. But yea I am mainly getting this car as my detox for whenever I get home from grad school. Pretty much my way of enjoying life, while grad school sucks the life out of me. Haha. And Carnegie Mellon is a great school! What are you getting your Ph.D in if you don’t mind me asking? Ohh… I didn’t even think about roaming charges. What GPS would you suggest just like a tom tom or Magellan or whatever they are called? Thanks again for all your help!
I am with CMU's Center for Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS) within the CS department under Dr. Carley. We basically do a lot of research with Tweeter or Facebook data and use computers and ORA to analyze social networks.

Also, I have an old TomTom Go 130 and a newer GO LIVE 2535 M with US maps, but if you want to be safe, I would recommend the TomTom GO 2535 TM WTE which has Europe's map pre-loaded (German maps alone cost $60 for any other model.) But if you want to go for cheap, get a basic TomTom Start 45 for $99 then add the maps. Another reason you want a good stand alone system is that whenever you need to rant a car, you will have a GPS with you and no need to suffer those GPS charges from the rental company. I know iPhone can be an OK GPS, but base on my personal experiences, it is not robust enough for travel needs. I am grandfather into the unlimited data plan so my data charge is fixed, but if you have a different contract, then using GPS with your phone can eats up data quick. Not to mention that you will likely run into signal issues in some dense cities or rural areas.

Off topic: Xerox a copy of your IDs and VISA and keep it (seprate from your originals) with you during travel, this is will come in handy in case you lost or can't find the originals and need proof of ID in a hurry.

Hope this helps,
Sheep
p.s. the WTE is $258 at Amazon. And check out the TomTom GO LIVE Top Gear edition if you want to go nuts (no Europe maps.)

Last edited by Sheep; 10-03-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fung63
One of my good friends did his studies in those carrib med schools.. worked out perfect for him. He is now working in a hospital in the States. Plus.... he had a wicked time while studying
Hi Fung63! I have heard of a lot of success stories from people who did med school in the carrib and are actually back here practicing. Yea at least in the carrib all i can do is study, look at the ocean and that's about it. haha. My car would honestly be my number one distraction! Let's move the car across the parking lot for fun. Let's get starbucks. Let's go to the library, nvm, let's leave the library. These are some of the phrases I can imagine myself uttering if i went to school close to home with the car
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 PM

AMG
Hi kenny@velos! Thank you so much! And I was about to order the LSD but I realize my guy isn't in today at the dealership so I will call it in tomorrow. But thanks for your help and opinion
That's great! That LSD is certainly gonna make things more interesting and fun on that beautiful C63!.. And your,re very welcome we're here to help let me know if you need anything once you have your car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)