C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63
Hey shaina congrats on the car! A fellow med school prospect!! Il be going to colorado state med school next september. I put it off this year cause I want to try to get into Drexler uni's optometery program. If only I could get into a canadian school. Ahhh that would be fun
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 c63, 2010 E63
be sure to post some pics and vids when you get it. OOh some burnout videos won't hurt :o
Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Porsche 911
Geez, I've never seen any thread on here get this popular this quickly.

I feel like I'm watching moths drawn to a flame...
Like bees to honey...
Like priests to a little league game...

I admit it's really cool and attractive for a chick to dig an AMG,
but you guys are all acting like a bunch of virgins.

I've never seen a group of guys act so simultaneously lame -- a girl posts that she's interested in potentially getting a c63 and all of you become putty in her hands.

Am I missing something here or is everybody in this thread posting from prison?

All that being said, I really dig Asian chicks, particularly ones with a multi-heritaged background who like fast cars and live in southern california.

So, sha1na_AMG, can I get your number?
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by bsmooth7
Geez, I've never seen any thread on here get this popular this quickly.

I feel like I'm watching moths drawn to a flame...
Like bees to honey...
Like priests to a little league game...

I admit it's really cool and attractive for a chick to dig an AMG,
but you guys are all acting like a bunch of virgins.

I've never seen a group of guys act so simultaneously lame -- a girl posts that she's interested in potentially getting a c63 and all of you become putty in her hands.

Am I missing something here or is everybody in this thread posting from prison?

All that being said, I really dig Asian chicks, particularly ones with a multi-heritaged background who like fast cars and live in southern california.

FTFY

Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by bsmooth7

Don't you have a girlfriend?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Seriously though, when was the last time you saw a woman on this forum?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
LuckyKimmy?

It doesn't matter if there is girls on the forum, what matter if there is HOT girl on the forum. So my question is... shaina... are you hot? j/k i don't care.. lol but some might.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:57 PM

2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Hi kenny! Thanks again and I am sure I will be asking you for some modding advice once I get to that bridge
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM

Hi multani! I heard Canadian med schools are even harder to get into than the US! But yepp another fellow medical school person (hopefully) over here. I am still slaving away my last year of undergrad with neuro science and biochem. Eek the craziness, I actually just left lab about an hour ago after being there for 4 hours. But good luck in med school in sept!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Haha burn out vids will have to wait. Or else my parents just might try to burn me. haha. I already have the photoshoot planned 7 months before I get the car. haha. My cousin is a photographer so she will be doing mine
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Hi bsmooth 7! Hah I do dig AMG’s. If I could eat, breathe, and sleep, them I would. But then I would fail out of school and that would be bad. Haha. But I have been into cars basically half my life at this point. Since I was 11.
As for getting the car, if I see something that I like I got to have it. It’s like an addiction. Plus I have been talking about this car non-stop since last January so pretty annoying around the house. Hah. So it's pretty for sure at this point.

Haha but I heard you have a girlfriend bsmooth7 she might not be very happy with me giving you my number. Also that sounds like it might get complicated but at least with this car I’ll potentially be able to out run her

CoolBDPhenom03: Lol I love that clip! But of course right after bon-qui-qui And also woman is kinda strong… haha. I am more of a teeny/early twenty-y since I act and probably look like one because of my asian-ness. I mean you have seen the way I type

Hi guilty! This is random but I love that secret agent pic thing you have with the guy in the black suit and girl in the glasses and black dress. It intrigues me and I don’t know why. Haha. So who’s LuckyKimmy? Is she another fellow female with an excellent taste for automobile? And as for your question if I am hot? Hmmm. Haha. I guess some of you will just have to find out at one of the meet ups. I guess it really depends on your flavor. I’d post a pic as my avatar thing but I am not that photogenic. So I am not sure if that would represent me justly
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 AM

Hi Sheep! I am sorry for accidentally skipping over your post but I am glad I read it! I think I will pick up a Navi before I go just in case. Also I have the unlimited data also on my iphone so will that still work even in germany? And your idea of the Xerox copying of IDs and VISA or I guess passport is genius! Thanks again and I will definitely be doing my research on the navis before I leave. Sorry again for the late response :/
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Welcome and congrats on pickin up the beast!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:21 AM

Hi BenzoBoi! Thank you and thank you
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi Sheep! I am sorry for accidentally skipping over your post but I am glad I read it! I think I will pick up a Navi before I go just in case. Also I have the unlimited data also on my iphone so will that still work even in germany? And your idea of the Xerox copying of IDs and VISA or I guess passport is genius! Thanks again and I will definitely be doing my research on the navis before I leave. Sorry again for the late response :/
No problem, but remember you will be using ROAMING data for your iPhone so you may still get a hefty bill. I was in the army so I travel a lot and knows all kinds of tricks.

Sheep
p.s. lay it off guys, you don't want to **** her away...

Last edited by Sheep; 10-04-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
roaming charges isnt really a big deal tbh. just call your carrier before your trip and tell them you will be travelling and planning to use the iphone. they will tell you to buy a roaming package so you dont get charged insane amounts. when i travel for business, i pay $100 and all my overseas useage is taken care of.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Can't you also unlock your phone and pick up a local sim card? When I studied abroad, I purchased a cell phone in country. To call the US I just used calling cards. Or you could use Skype/Google.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Banned

'16 C63-S
Or you can get a prepaid line locally, which would be much cheaper.

If you have an iPhone, go to http://releasemycode/ and you'll be able to "officially" unlock it in less than 24 hours
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Come to think of it, I think it was a prepaid phone I bought overseas. I think you can make cheap international calls from your iPhone with a Skype app though. I haven't done the math, but I would think it would still be better than roaming.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Thanks again for your prompt response Sheep! Any tricks you can share in terms of the phone thing? So I guess since roaming will be so big I should definitely get a navi then instead of the iphone. Btw since you were in the army my mom was wondering if there are any bases, navy, marine, etc. in the southern germany area? She just wanted to know in case of emergencies

And thanks for the look out Sheep! I super appreciate it But in all honesty their curiosity is kind of funny. I guess because if I were in their shoes I would be curious too. Well maybe I am curious too. Most people I see with nice cars are never my age like in the early-mid 20's. They are always like 75 and look like they are about to die or something. haha. I am guess they are thinking the same and wondering if my age is true? But again thanks for everything

Originally Posted by Sheep
No problem, but remember you will be using ROAMING data for your iPhone so you may still get a hefty bill. I was in the army so I travel a lot and knows all kinds of tricks.

Sheep
p.s. lay it off guys, you don't want to **** her away...
Old 10-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Come to think of it, I think it was a prepaid phone I bought overseas. I think you can make cheap international calls from your iPhone with a Skype app though. I haven't done the math, but I would think it would still be better than roaming.
I have heard about the Skype thing! although I have never tried it. I was just wondering if my roaming data would take a hit though you know?

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Or you can get a prepaid line locally, which would be much cheaper.

Hi Guilty! I think that a local prepaid line would work! Can you buy those at the airports or hotels you think?

If you have an iPhone, go to http://releasemycode/ and you'll be able to "officially" unlock it in less than 24 hours
Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Can't you also unlock your phone and pick up a local sim card? When I studied abroad, I purchased a cell phone in country. To call the US I just used calling cards. Or you could use Skype/Google.
Hi CoolBDPhenom03! I probably could although in all honesty I am not too techy so yea I probably would break my phone or make it a brick as they say. But I am guessing by then the iphone 5 will have a unlock or jailbreak?

Originally Posted by Fung63
roaming charges isnt really a big deal tbh. just call your carrier before your trip and tell them you will be travelling and planning to use the iphone. they will tell you to buy a roaming package so you dont get charged insane amounts. when i travel for business, i pay $100 and all my overseas useage is taken care of.
Hi Fung 63! I really appreciate all your helpfulness! I hope my carrier which is at&t has that option because roaming charges can get crazy from what I have heard.

Thanks for all your responses! I mainly wanted to use my phone to call back here to the states while I am gone to check on my dad and my little puppy and also in case of emergencies like a flat or CEL light thing comes up.

I also added a profile pic of me in case you guys really are curious. Like I was telling sheep I kind of get your curiousness because I am sure I would be too. So now you guys can decide if I am hot or not. haha. Or if I am going to be using this car as a pick up tool since my looks would serve me no good. haha. Also in case you guys were thinking I am a crazy old menopausing lady going through a midlife crisis wanting to mess with you, I hope this clears that up as well. Sorry me and my friends were brainstorming funny scenarios last night. You guys don't have to respond hot or anything, just wanting to take some curiosity off your minds. I will just take this down later on tonight to prevent any creepers.

Anywho have a great day and take care all
Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Thanks again for your prompt response Sheep! Any tricks you can share in terms of the phone thing? So I guess since roaming will be so big I should definitely get a navi then instead of the iphone. Btw since you were in the army my mom was wondering if there are any bases, navy, marine, etc. in the southern germany area? She just wanted to know in case of emergencies

And thanks for the look out Sheep! I super appreciate it But in all honesty their curiosity is kind of funny. I guess because if I were in their shoes I would be curious too. Well maybe I am curious too. Most people I see with nice cars are never my age like in the early-mid 20's. They are always like 75 and look like they are about to die or something. haha. I am guess they are thinking the same and wondering if my age is true? But again thanks for everything
No problem, and I REALLY hope it won't get so bad that you need to get the "cool guys" for help. However, both EUCOM and AFRICOM are at Stuttgart which is about a 30 mins drive from Affalterbach (AMG), so there will be no shortage of "help" in the area when you need it. If you want to be EXTRA careful, then you can register yourself with the register yourself with the State Dept. during travel. Keep a copy of all necessary contact numbers with you (e.g., US Embassy, home, hotels, friends, family, and etc.) at all times in case you lost your phone or someone has to dial for you in an emergency.

As for a phone, any cheap unlocked GSM phone will work, and all you need is a local pre-paid SIM card for it when you get to Germany. but if you don't want to guess, just buy the cheapest pre-paid phone from like Vodafone and you will be all set.

To be honest with you I am single too, but just want to keep myself in check. There are a lot of differences on how people behave online vs. offline, but I rather keeping my conducts professional at all times.

Sheep

Last edited by Sheep; 10-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sheep
No problem, and I REALLY hope it won't get so bad that you need to get the "cool guys" for help. However, both EUCOM and AFRICOM are at Stuttgart which is about a 30 mins drive from Affalterbach (AMG), so there will be no shortage of "help" in the area when you need it. If you want to be EXTRA careful, then you can register yourself with the register yourself with the State Dept. during travel. Keep a copy of all necessary contact numbers with you (e.g., US Embassy, home, hotels, friends, family, and etc.) at all times in case you lost your phone or someone has to dial for you in an emergency.

To be honest with you I am single too, but just want to keep myself in check. There are a lot of differences on how people behave online vs. offline, but I rather keeping my conducts professional at all times.

Sheep
Sheep you are too cool! Honestly! I really appreciate all this info. I think you mentioned you are Asian too right? So you kinda gets the paranoia yada-yada especially from the older folk. I love your ideas and probably will be messaging you before I leave to make sure I have covered all bases. My dad was in the navy but he has been out of the loop since he retired. hah.

Also I really admire your conduct and professionalism. Maybe someday we will cross paths. Feel free to say hi, especially now that you have an idea of what I look like. Take care always
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Sheep you are too cool! Honestly! I really appreciate all this info. I think you mentioned you are Asian too right? So you kinda gets the paranoia yada-yada especially from the older folk. I love your ideas and probably will be messaging you before I leave to make sure I have covered all bases. My dad was in the navy but he has been out of the loop since he retired. hah.

Also I really admire your conduct and professionalism. Maybe someday we will cross paths. Feel free to say hi, especially now that you have an idea of what I look like. Take care always
Yeah I was from HK after all, and feel free to PM me for anything. I am out of the loop for a little over a year now as I took long term leave with my company for my Ph.D. program. Take care and hopefully talk to you soon.

Sheep
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
I have heard about the Skype thing! although I have never tried it. I was just wondering if my roaming data would take a hit though you know?

Hi CoolBDPhenom03! I probably could although in all honesty I am not too techy so yea I probably would break my phone or make it a brick as they say. But I am guessing by then the iphone 5 will have a unlock or jailbreak?

I also added a profile pic of me in case you guys really are curious. Like I was telling sheep I kind of get your curiousness because I am sure I would be too. So now you guys can decide if I am hot or not. haha. Or if I am going to be using this car as a pick up tool since my looks would serve me no good. haha. Also in case you guys were thinking I am a crazy old menopausing lady going through a midlife crisis wanting to mess with you, I hope this clears that up as well. Sorry me and my friends were brainstorming funny scenarios last night. You guys don't have to respond hot or anything, just wanting to take some curiosity off your minds. I will just take this down later on tonight to prevent any creepers.

Anywho have a great day and take care all
If you're on a wireless network, you could make Skype calls for cents on the dollar and it wouldn't affect your roaming data at all...kind of like a VOIP call, but from your iPhone.

I imagine there would be a jailbreak by then. Lots of companies have made it a business so I'm sure they'd want to keep up the trend. Just make sure you take it to a reputable shop so they don't try to swap your phone out or something sketchy like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)