C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)

Hi everyone! My name is Shaina, I am a long time lurker and finally decided to create an account today. I am ordering my C63 coupe next month and just wanted to get some of your input on the car and the European Delivery experience, so here I go!

1) I am ordering the P31 package for the car but I was wondering if it is necessary or somewhat important to have the LSD as well. They keep telling me that I probably won't need it since I don't plan on tracking the car but I still wanted to see what you guys think.

2) I am ordering the car diamond white with a porcelain/black interior, and was wondering how difficult it would be, in terms of maintenance, the inside and outside would be. Like I am hesitant to order the porcelain because I know it's on the white-ish side (never actually seen it yet), but it looks so pretty in terms of color combo with the diamond white and I can't really resist. So if you guys have any experience/input/tips with the interior and exterior that would be great.

3) Also if there are any other girls with this car, have you gotten any interesting reactions out of curiosity? I asked for a insurance quote and my insurance company asked, why am I getting a boys car? Hah I thought that was interesting.

4) Also I plan on leasing the car but in case I decide to buy it what kind of residuals have you guys been seeing on the car? My total came out to $83,550 but was able to bring it down with european delivery to $72,550. It will probably be a 3 or 4 year lease. I am not sure which number would be more relevant to figure out the residual so I just wanted to put all the numbers I know out there.

5) For those of you who did the european delivery with the black forest alps package what did you think? Was it pretty easy to navigate through Germany? Like easy to find a gas station? Also around how much should I plan on spending on gas? I heard it is like $8.00/gallon?

6)Another side note, it's just me and my mom going so she wanted me to ask if the areas we are going to stay at and pass through are not too shady. Especially since we have to take a taxi and such from the airport.

Sorry that came out a lot longer than I thought it would. But thanks so much in advance and I am really excited to join the AMG family. I've been waiting since I was 11 and now finally 13 years later it seems like it will finally come true. Take care all
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
congrats on the car!

I'll answer the questions that I feel I can add some value

1) imo definitely get the LSD. especially since you paid for the p31... not only is the LSD nice to have when you own the car but if you ever do sell it, it'll help you command a better price

3) hehe thats pretty hilarious what they said. my insurance guys have no clue what my car is haha. and you are definitely a minority being a female owner of this fine automobile.. one that went and sought the C63 out. btw, what caught your eye about this car? why the c63 over other vehicles? My wife loves the C63 and takes it out whenever she can. I know she likes to pull up to other similar cars (eg M3) and rev a few times lol.. she always say that most people dont expect to see a female behind the wheel.

5) i had a friend do that and he was fine with gas. As for the roads.... I assume you have test drove a c63 before so know not to drive too crazy ... especially since it needs to break in and if you taking delivery during winter.

6) as far as I know, MB hasnt lost an owner on their European delivery trip due to 'shadiness'

Last edited by Fung63; 10-03-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Congrats on your car.

1, 2nd on LSD. LSD is not just for the track but for better low speed traction as well. I think it will be better for the snow given proper snow tires. Of course your area doesn't get cold, but it is good to have a peace of mind.

2, No idea but shouldn't be too difficult, and getting good car care products won't hurt either. I know Zaino makes some good stuff and you should check it out at http://www.zainostore.com/ .

3, Can't remember their names but I know there are at least two floating around here. If I can choose, I probably like the SLK55 over my old C63, and I definitely won't mind driving a "chick" car.

4, Not sure but any lease over 3 years are too long for me. And if you are going to have it lease for that long, then you might have just as well finance or pay cash.

5, You got to pay to play . Also I would highly recommend you get a back up GPS like a TomTom with Europe maps loaded. The GPS in Mercedes was never their strong point...

6, Got any friends that have travel experience or know the area? Know anyone that stationed in Germany?

Hope this helps,
Sheep
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Hi everyone! My name is Shaina, I am a long time lurker and finally decided to create an account today. I am ordering my C63 coupe next month and just wanted to get some of your input on the car and the European Delivery experience, so here I go!

1) I am ordering the P31 package for the car but I was wondering if it is necessary or somewhat important to have the LSD as well. They keep telling me that I probably won't need it since I don't plan on tracking the car but I still wanted to see what you guys think.
Definitely get the LSD. From the folks I've talked to, it's well worth it in feeling alone. Mine has the LSD, but I've never driven a C63 without it so I have no basis of comparison, but if you're getting the P31 package anyway, why not go the whole 9 yards?

2) I am ordering the car diamond white with a porcelain/black interior, and was wondering how difficult it would be, in terms of maintenance, the inside and outside would be. Like I am hesitant to order the porcelain because I know it's on the white-ish side (never actually seen it yet), but it looks so pretty in terms of color combo with the diamond white and I can't really resist. So if you guys have any experience/input/tips with the interior and exterior that would be great.
White should actually be easier to maintain than black simply because it can hide more dirt and scratches. If you want, you could also do a clear wrap or even a clear matte wrap for protection.

For the interior, just keep some leather cleaner handy. if you catch it early enough, you should be fine. Leather is tough like that. In the detailing section of the thread, you can find a lot of info about care.

3) Also if there are any other girls with this car, have you gotten any interesting reactions out of curiosity? I asked for a insurance quote and my insurance company asked, why am I getting a boys car? Hah I thought that was interesting.

Girls in power cars are always welcome Nothing is hotter than a girl who drives a hot car and also who is just as much of a gear head. I bet there will be a lot of guys envious of your car and trying to use it as a tool to chat you up!

Congrats on the soon-to-be new car. I would like to buy one new at some point so I can do euro delivery. If you search for threads from the people who have, they said they'd do it again and made us all jealous.

Last edited by CoolBDPhenom03; 10-03-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 AM

Hi Fung63! And thank you!

1)Yea I think I heavily will consider adding the LSD since I am already ~70K in. I guess it's another safety enhancement like the P31 (that's what me and my dad told my mom. haha). I know this sounds bad but what does it honestly do? I have asked a couple dealers and they were like we will need a tech to explain that to you. So I never really pushed. hah.

3)I guess it's easier for me to start with why the C63 over the others. When I was 11, I was basically an odd ball out from the rest of the girls in my class I wasn't trying to "hook up" with all the guys or trying to roll up my skirt up after my parents left (catholic school girls for the record). So neither the boys or the girls wanted me (basically thought I was lesbian, which isn't true for the record) so I focused all my attention on cars, particularly the AMG. At the time I was obsessed with the CLK 55 AMG (W208?) and told myself that one day I would get it. So here I am 13 years later an arms length away from my C63 coupe. The thing that caught my eye is that it offered a refined elegance but had a crazy hidden beast in the hood. I love how it catches a lot of people off guard. Also another thing that is luring me to this car is the fact that it just might be the last naturally aspirated V8 for the AMG's and that makes me kinda sad. So I just had to have it. I figured it would make a great graduation/hello medschool (aka you will have no life for awhile) gift

5) Yes I have test drove it hah. It kinda startles me whenever that thing turns on but I am sure I will get use to it. Also I don't think I can get too crazy with it considering my mom will probably yell at me the whole drive. She already gets crazy in my little 325i. hah. And I have it scheduled for delivery in May, just ordering wayyy ahead of time for the porcelain leather, since I heard it takes an extra 6 weeks on top of the normal 3 months.

6) Lol. And that is good to hear! At least my mom can rest at ease knowing she won't have to stock up on the pepper spray during our trip! Imagine a little asian lady getting crazy with all those pepper spray bottles. oh boy. hahaha.

Thanks again Fung63! And sorry again for this long response, as you know most girls like to include random details and commentary and I am definitely guilty of this
Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 AM

Hi Sheep! Thanks so much!

1) Ok I think you guys are right. This is two for two so far. Might as well add it and it adds onto the safety features right? Haha.

2) Yea I am guessing I will probably keep some care products just in case. Hah. And I will definitely check that place out thanks!

3) Super cool so I am not alone! Hah. I considered the SLK 55 but I know I am going to miss having a back seat as I am constantly driving around with people. And in all honesty I don’t really trust some of my relative’s driving skills, we’re asian, haha. It sometimes makes me wonder if I will come out alive.

4) I was planning on leasing for 4 years to change it out after medschool or keep it. I just know I might not be able to drive it as much as I want to since sleep will be of the essence for those years

5) Yea that sounds like a good idea. How about an iphone? Do those work in germany?

6) We are ordering through herb who I think a lot of people on here went through, but no we don’t know anyone currently there :/

Thanks again for your reply!!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 AM

Hi CoolBDPhenom03! Thanks for your quick response as well!

1) I think I will since three of three now have suggested it. Hah. All the cars I have test drove have it so I don’t know the car any other way also.

2) I was thinking of doing a clear wrap! But wasn’t sure if I should go through the dealership or an independent? Any opinion in that regard? Yea I think I will keep some leather cleaner on hand since you are right, it probably will be easy to clean if caught early.

3) Hah in all honesty I hope so. I always get this feeling that guys don’t think I am girly enough and end up being one of the boys. Or they are intimidated by me. Well I am a girl obsessed with luxuriously fast cars and love to watch basketball and football with the boys, so I guess I come off kind of strong? hah. A dumb fear of mine is marrying a guy who hates cars/hates high end nice cars. Ehh. That would be so bad

Thanks again! And I will definitely post pictures when I get to that point of my Euro delivery, which feels like an eternity. But I have waited 11 years, what’s another 7 months, right?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Hi CoolBDPhenom03! Thanks for your quick response as well!

1) I think I will since three of three now have suggested it. Hah. All the cars I have test drove have it so I don’t know the car any other way also.

2) I was thinking of doing a clear wrap! But wasn’t sure if I should go through the dealership or an independent? Any opinion in that regard? Yea I think I will keep some leather cleaner on hand since you are right, it probably will be easy to clean if caught early.

3) Hah in all honesty I hope so. I always get this feeling that guys don’t think I am girly enough and end up being one of the boys. Or they are intimidated by me. Well I am a girl obsessed with luxuriously fast cars and love to watch basketball and football with the boys, so I guess I come off kind of strong? hah. A dumb fear of mine is marrying a guy who hates cars/hates high end nice cars. Ehh. That would be so bad

Thanks again! And I will definitely post pictures when I get to that point of my Euro delivery, which feels like an eternity. But I have waited 11 years, what’s another 7 months, right?
Go to an independent shop. Dealerships are nicknamed "stealerships" around here for a reason.

Honey, if you stick around this forum long enough, I'm sure you'll find plenty of ready and willing guys that can hold their own with a guy's gal. Nothing is sexier than a girl who can get dolled up and cook while spitting out sports stats and able to do burnouts. In fact, I'm sure if it were the other way around, you'd probably fall for a guy who was equally balanced. It's the best of both worlds and a guy's dream. And if I wasn't already in a relationship, I'd be hollerin' at you already
Old 10-03-2012, 02:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
sha1na AMG,
I did Euro delivery last year. But I did no package driving trip. Due to the fact I go to DE a couple of times a year.
Shady areas in DE, I have never found one. No worries.

Gps is a must, and voice turn by turn is needed.

In cities, driving and parking can be tight.

Autobahn, enjoy, you will get comfortable going fast, 180kph left lane, watch rear view mirror.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:23 AM

Haha thanks CoolBDPhenom03! You are sweet. Maybe I will try my chances here before trying eharmony then... haha. Yea I just got out of a long term relationship so I am clinging even harder to my car for now. And I agree it would be nice to find a balanced guy but that's a tough find. Especially when I am soo busy with my crazy school work. I am doing biochemistry as I type. haha
Old 10-03-2012, 02:29 AM

Hi Karl901! Thanks for confirming again that there are no shady areas. That really puts me and my mom at ease. haha. Especially since you travel there quite frequently. Any particular GPS you would recommend? I was thinking of just taking my iphone, would that be good enough? The tight parking part kinda scares me because in all honesty I am that poor soul holding up traffic downtown because she is trying really hard to parallel park. But I am ordering parktronic with the car so hopefully that helps! And like a nerd I did the math on the 180 kph and woah that's like 112 mph. I think for once in my life I just might be in the right lane. hah. Thanks again for your reply
Old 10-03-2012, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8

4) Also I plan on leasing the car but in case I decide to buy it what kind of residuals have you guys been seeing on the car? My total came out to $83,550 but was able to bring it down with european delivery to $72,550. It will probably be a 3 or 4 year lease. I am not sure which number would be more relevant to figure out the residual so I just wanted to put all the numbers I know out there.

5) For those of you who did the european delivery with the black forest alps package what did you think? Was it pretty easy to navigate through Germany? Like easy to find a gas station? Also around how much should I plan on spending on gas? I heard it is like $8.00/gallon?

6)Another side note, it's just me and my mom going so she wanted me to ask if the areas we are going to stay at and pass through are not too shady. Especially since we have to take a taxi and such from the airport.

Sorry that came out a lot longer than I thought it would. But thanks so much in advance and I am really excited to join the AMG family. I've been waiting since I was 11 and now finally 13 years later it seems like it will finally come true. Take care all
Wow what a coincidence. A few weekends back I was doing a MBZ run in OC down the Ortega Hwy and one of the participants was a young lady that had a car exactly as you are considering. The color combo is epic. White is the new black. I had a black C43 with a similar interior and was very please to see MBZ bring this classic AMG look back. Just plan on frequent interior cleaning and annual detailing. LSD is a must with any C63 esp a P31. As for as leasing, I've got the mod bug, so I don't know much about it. If you get Euro delivery you must go to the Ring. It is a once in a lifetime experience and it may not be open to the public much longer. The hardest two parts about Euro delivery is waiting for you car to get back to the USA and then having to drive our at our moronic speed limits. Hope you get it, we will be planning more MBZ fun runs in SD and OC in the spring.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Just post pics of yourself when you take delivery and I'm sure guys will be coming out of the woodwork.

Btw, if you want to meet some cool folks, swing by the HRE shop in Carlsbad.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 AM

Hi Duane63! Thanks for your reply! I'm feeling right now that I should probably call Herb tomorrow first thing in the AM to add the LSD. Haha. And I'm glad to hear that you like the interior. It makes me kind of nervous ordering something I haven't seen. Funny you mention leasing and mods, so does this mean I can't even mod something as small as those ghastly side markers? I really want to change them out maybe to the AZN Optic bulbs? I also wanted to add a carbon fiber lip, and mirrors. I didn't even think about all this not being ok since I am leasing. And I do plan on driving the ring, I heard its like ~30 euro or so each lap but so worth it! I agree it will be tough waiting it out. So I have elected to stay an extra 8 nights in London and Paris to at least distract me for another week and a half while the car makes its way out here. Then I figure I'll need about a week to recoop and then the countdown starts. Hah. I hope I get it too. And I can't wait to hopefully join all of you on those runs
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Hi Duane63! Thanks for your reply! I'm feeling right now that I should probably call Herb tomorrow first thing in the AM to add the LSD. Haha. And I'm glad to hear that you like the interior. It makes me kind of nervous ordering something I haven't seen. Funny you mention leasing and mods, so does this mean I can't even mod something as small as those ghastly side markers? I really want to change them out maybe to the AZN Optic bulbs? I also wanted to add a carbon fiber lip, and mirrors. I didn't even think about all this not being ok since I am leasing. And I do plan on driving the ring, I heard its like ~30 euro or so each lap but so worth it! I agree it will be tough waiting it out. So I have elected to stay an extra 8 nights in London and Paris to at least distract me for another week and a half while the car makes its way out here. Then I figure I'll need about a week to recoop and then the countdown starts. Hah. I hope I get it too. And I can't wait to hopefully join all of you on those runs
I'm pretty sure you have to be able to return the car as it was unless you plan on purchasing it at the end of your lease. Other folks should chime in though.

Kudos on the ring...hell of a way to break in your new baby. But between your travels, 1,000 miles should fly by in no time. Just remember to change your differential fluid after 2,000 miles.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:18 AM

Haha good idea CoolBDPhenom03! I will have to keep that in mind! And maybe I will swing by the HRE shop in Carlsbad when I am in the area
Old 10-03-2012, 03:21 AM

Not to sound like a total girl CoolBDPhenom03 but I will get a service light for that differential fluid change yes? I'm still learning the mechanics and maintenance specs on the car so I'm somewhat intimidated in that regard. Hah.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Nope, it's in the manual. Plenty of good info on these forums if you know how to search for them. Some folks abide by the 1k mile break-in and some say to hell with it. These cars are pretty durable and the service light comes on whenever maintenance is required. You can also just Google the service to find out what's required. Again, independent shops tend to be a fraction of dealerships.

Carlsbad is close to SD, no?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 AM

Yes and no. Carlsbad is at the northern end of San Diego. From where I live it would be like driving from Santa Cruz to San Jose (Santana Row area) minus the 17. So like 45 min-ish. I see that you are from NorCal
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
You do know your geography. That's not that far.

Other cool things about ownership, you should be able to sign up for the AMG Private Lounge community and the AMG driving academy.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 AM

Yes I am really looking forward to both of those! But my problemo is that I might be in medical school out if state or even out of country when the AMG driving academy is taking place. So that might suck.

Hah I do. And you are right it isn't that far but I also don't have the 17 to keep me entertained either. When I was at school at UCSC, I would randomly drive the 17, take the santana row/Stevens creek exit then come back around and drive the 17 south back to SC. That was pure euphoria even in my little E46 325i. I think I just might have to drive the c63 when I get it on the 17, that would be amazing! Well amazing as long as those deer don't jump out of nowhere and surprise me. Hah.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Well, there are multiple dates for the Academy, and I think you have a full year.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 AM

E55, 2013 C63 Coupe
First thing, excellent color combo! I am actually picking mine up in January (Polar White /w porcelain black leather)! Although I am not doing the Black forest package due to the chance of snow.

1) I've ordered the LSD also without much consideration. I like to think its better to have and not need than to need and not have.

2) Definitely Zaino. It might seem a bit more expensive than other brands, but it is applied in extremely thin layers. A bottle of polish will last quite awhile. You'll be using the car wash (Z-7) and the Detail spray (Z-6) more than the polish (Z-2). Both Z-7 and Z-6 are pretty cheap (about $10 each).
Old 10-03-2012, 08:56 AM

2013 Nissan GT-R BE
Hi Sheep! Thanks so much!

3) Super cool so I am not alone! Hah. I considered the SLK 55 but I know I am going to miss having a back seat as I am constantly driving around with people. And in all honesty I don’t really trust some of my relative’s driving skills, we’re asian, haha. It sometimes makes me wonder if I will come out alive.

4) I was planning on leasing for 4 years to change it out after medschool or keep it. I just know I might not be able to drive it as much as I want to since sleep will be of the essence for those years

5) Yea that sounds like a good idea. How about an iphone? Do those work in germany?
No problem, glad to help. I can tell you are Asian and my family is from HK so I know how you feel. I know what we are suppose to save money during school, but having a nice car makes you feel so much better everyday. That's why I said screw it and got myself a GT-R while paying tons of money to Carnegie Mellon for my Ph.D. Technically the iPhone will work, but it will be slow as you are roaming and your data fees will be insane. Plus you can't 100% assure you will have signal. This is why I always keep a backup GPS in my car even I do have a good GPS with my car and my iPhone with me.

Sheep
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
welcome to mbworld! as many have already said, Zaino is awesome stuff. super simple to apply, and you can apply as much or as little as you want. I always have a bottle of Z6 in the trunk at all times for bird droppings and bug splatter.

is it too late to change your leather option? The red leather interior is simply stunning and matches really well with the white exterior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just wanted to introduce myself and a couple quick questions :)