Sponsored by:

Decisions, Decisions... Ordering My C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31; 2016 E63 AMG S
Decisions, Decisions... Ordering My C63 AMG

So I'm just about ready to order a 2013 C63 AMG. I've been wanting to get one since about May and finally want to make the purchase.

As of right now there are two options for me to pursue. The first being a new Magnetite Black C63 with red/black seats and aluminum trim which already has its options finalized/assembled and will be here in around 3-4 weeks OR I need to wait until about the end of February/March for the next car to come in, this I can change whatever I want since it has not started production obviously.

Right now the only thing holding me back from jumping on this is the aluminum trim since I really have a thing for Carbon Fiber and YES I KNOW its only the damn trim but I am really ****(sometime even OCD :P) about small things like this.

Does anyone have a picture of a C63 with red/black seats and aluminum trim and how do you like the colors together? I've found some shots on Google but none really do justice.

Also, is it a possibility for me to get the Carbon Fiber trim and somehow "replace" it or is it one of those things that is really on the car once its put on(if that makes any sense )?

Thanks for all your help/responses in advance!

EDIT: The Magnetite Black car is fully loaded with the exception of Park assist and Distronic which I really don't need. It would be crazy not to have ordered it with the Performance Package!

Last edited by microcolt; 10-17-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
you can buy aftermarket trim and swap it out or you can even wrap the aluminum trim in carbon fiber vinyl. that being said, make sure you get the car how you want it, because it'll probably eat at you otherwise until you do eventually change it.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63C
+1 you can always swap the trims. I just teared my whole dash apart a few weeks ago lol.

Originally Posted by SheryarYO
you can buy aftermarket trim and swap it out or you can even wrap the aluminum trim in carbon fiber vinyl. that being said, make sure you get the car how you want it, because it'll probably eat at you otherwise until you do eventually change it.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
AMG GLC63. Audi R8
Start with the important stuff. Development package and LSD.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by DuaneC63
The Magnetite Black car is fully loaded with the exception of Park assist and Distronic which I really don't need. Probably should have included that in the post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(a)'12 C63 P/P, LSD, 19" m/spoke,comfort pack. (b)Astra SRI.
Thumbs up

Sensational,....... I was beginning to think that no-one thought like I do?
For goodness sake, the C63 is a PERFORMANCE vehicle.....????.....I would've thought that these are the first two options anyone would've ordered?
Cheers, Pickles.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 AM

C63 AMG
Get exactly what you want the 1st time. I jumped on my car without really knowing anything about c63s now I wish I would of taken more time and researched it better and gotten the pp and LSD. Now I have to slowly add things to the car to make it what I want.

It's worth the wait to know it was made just for you bro.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:19 AM

AQUIRED A C63 AMG PPP

hi mate ive been offerd a new c63 from mb at a ridiculous price ,,it has everything i wanted apart from lsd....can i live with it or should i pay more and and order one with lsd
Old 12-09-2012, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by andya34
hi mate ive been offerd a new c63 from mb at a ridiculous price ,,it has everything i wanted apart from lsd....can i live with it or should i pay more and and order one with lsd
Buy this ridiculous priced c63 and get aftermarket lsd
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 AM

AQUIRED A C63 AMG PPP
Originally Posted by Fung63
Buy this ridiculous priced c63 and get aftermarket lsd

but would that void the warranty??
Old 12-09-2012, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 432 Likes on 355 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
but would that void the warranty??
The factory warranty on the differential would be voided. Any support would have to come from the aftermarket part and installer warranty (if any).
Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Well, it depends on the price. Honestly I would wait and get the LSD. My car has everything I wanted except carbon fiber trim which doesn't really help the performance of the overall vehicle so I went with it. Get what you want because if you don't you'll be thinking about it every time you get in your car.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM

AQUIRED A C63 AMG PPP
Originally Posted by microcolt
Well, it depends on the price. Honestly I would wait and get the LSD. My car has everything I wanted except carbon fiber trim which doesn't really help the performance of the overall vehicle so I went with it. Get what you want because if you don't you'll be thinking about it every time you get in your car.
but does it really mater when traction is on
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 PM

but does it really mater when traction is on
From what I've heard on this forum(with or without traction control), without LSD the power to the drivetrain follows the path of least resistance which means if one tire is not gripping the ground it will receive 100% of the power thus leaving the gripped tire without any power under it.

Whereas a Limited Slip Differential will distribute power evenly between the wheels regardless of resistances.

So, in short, yes it kind of does matter.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by microcolt
So I'm just about ready to order a 2013 C63 AMG. I've been wanting to get one since about May and finally want to make the purchase.

As of right now there are two options for me to pursue. The first being a new Magnetite Black C63 with red/black seats and aluminum trim which already has its options finalized/assembled and will be here in around 3-4 weeks OR I need to wait until about the end of February/March for the next car to come in, this I can change whatever I want since it has not started production obviously.

Right now the only thing holding me back from jumping on this is the aluminum trim since I really have a thing for Carbon Fiber and YES I KNOW its only the damn trim but I am really ****(sometime even OCD :P) about small things like this.

Does anyone have a picture of a C63 with red/black seats and aluminum trim and how do you like the colors together? I've found some shots on Google but none really do justice.

Also, is it a possibility for me to get the Carbon Fiber trim and somehow "replace" it or is it one of those things that is really on the car once its put on(if that makes any sense )?

Thanks for all your help/responses in advance!

EDIT: The Magnetite Black car is fully loaded with the exception of Park assist and Distronic which I really don't need. It would be crazy not to have ordered it with the Performance Package!
Best thing you can do IMO, and if I had found this forum first I probably would have done is the following.

http://macarbon.com/index.php?option...art&Itemid=102

Get that FULL carbon fiber kit for the inside, whether it be for the sedan or coupe and really get a CF interior. The one from MB is way overpriced and is only on the dash and doors. The center console etc is just piano black.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by dboutros
Best thing you can do IMO, and if I had found this forum first I probably would have done is the following.

http://macarbon.com/index.php?option...art&Itemid=102

Get that FULL carbon fiber kit for the inside, whether it be for the sedan or coupe and really get a CF interior. The one from MB is way overpriced and is only on the dash and doors. The center console etc is just piano black.
Damn, their out of stock. But thanks! I'll bookmark this!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:00 PM

c63
Originally Posted by eahillen
Get exactly what you want the 1st time. I jumped on my car without really knowing anything about c63s now I wish I would of taken more time and researched it better and gotten the pp and LSD. Now I have to slowly add things to the car to make it what I want.

It's worth the wait to know it was made just for you bro.
i did the same as this guy. didnt even know P31 was an option. oh well. when the redesign comes out, ill do it right.

its better to just order what you want than sacrifice for a few grand when youre spending a pretty decent amt of cash to begin with.