Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strap In...2014 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
This is really going to get a lot of people to rethink their game plan if they are in a market for a car. It is also going to upset a lot of people who had just bought a car shortly before the release.

I don't care so much for the aesthetic since I like the current one. It's the mechanical part that I'm anxious to hear about. It's interesting that MB is putting the "hammer" down on the conservative E-class rather than the CLS. However, maybe it's their intention to re-create the "Hammer." Shortly after, I'm sure the same performance will trickle to all other AMG's, but maybe not for the CLS until the time of refresh. What suprises me is the extent of this refresh--its sounds as if it's a complete model change. Moreover, I'm not sure how MB/AMG is going to balance the position of all its models, including the BS, if the E has such superior performance than the rest. I have a feeling there will be a normal version, and the "all-hell-breaks-loose" version will come with the performance package.

By the way, Carmel IN is a good size city right next to Indy. There are plenty of businesses and activites there like Indy. I remember seeing Enkei having a branch close-by when I drove past Indy. It's not exactly cornfield that people associate with the rest of IN. Thus, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they hold a dealership meeting there since midwest is an easy reach from most of US. It's a few hours from me so I would love to have gone to check the cars out if they were there.

Of all the things you mentioned, the one that got me the most thrilled is that Ferrari FF will have a hard time keeping up. That statements says a lot about the capability of the powerplant and the drivetrain of that car. It looks like it wouldn't be that difficult now having to choose an AMG over all its rivals.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by black-clk500
two doors?? yes, no, maybe
I'd love to replace my car with a coupe because the sedan styling has never "done it" for me.
I would say very strongly no on the coupe AMG E-Class...sorry!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I want a E63 Coupe. Is it too much to ask?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Who you calling educated? Watch yourself mister.......now you've gone too far!!!
LOL - thans for the comic relief!

Originally Posted by otakki
This is really going to get a lot of people to rethink their game plan if they are in a market for a car. It is also going to upset a lot of people who had just bought a car shortly before the release.

I don't care so much for the aesthetic since I like the current one. It's the mechanical part that I'm anxious to hear about. It's interesting that MB is putting the "hammer" down on the conservative E-class rather than the CLS. However, maybe it's their intention to re-create the "Hammer." Shortly after, I'm sure the same performance will trickle to all other AMG's, but maybe not for the CLS until the time of refresh. What suprises me is the extent of this refresh--its sounds as if it's a complete model change. Moreover, I'm not sure how MB/AMG is going to balance the position of all its models, including the BS, if the E has such superior performance than the rest. I have a feeling there will be a normal version, and the "all-hell-breaks-loose" version will come with the performance package.

By the way, Carmel IN is a good size city right next to Indy. There are plenty of businesses and activites there like Indy. I remember seeing Enkei having a branch close-by when I drove past Indy. It's not exactly cornfield that people associate with the rest of IN. Thus, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they hold a dealership meeting there since midwest is an easy reach from most of US. It's a few hours from me so I would love to have gone to check the cars out if they were there.

Of all the things you mentioned, the one that got me the most thrilled is that Ferrari FF will have a hard time keeping up. That statements says a lot about the capability of the powerplant and the drivetrain of that car. It looks like it wouldn't be that difficult now having to choose an AMG over all its rivals.
Yeah, you are probably right, but at the same time, that's an age old problem...no matter what you buy in life, chances are that soon if not immediately after purchase the item is obsolete. So, I think people will be pretty understanding and just take it in stride. Kind of similar to the launch of the new forced induction AMG engines...don't think it pushed anyone away from the brand, and most were probably aware of what was coming down the road and decided that it wasn't that big of a deal...most of the AMG customers never take their cars to the track like most of us MBWorld'ers.

The balancing of the models is pretty simple in my opinion...some are "normal" and others are geared more heavily towards handling performance on top of the already ridiculous power. So, two cars might be at two slightly to greatly different price points, but one is going to spank the other on a proper track, in contrast to just a straight line. And let's be honest, going quickly in a straight line is the easy part - handling is a different animal..kind of a Detroit vs. Europe scenario in the handling department.

And I've got a white E63 in the store right now with pano and other goodies (honestly built it with my own tastes in mind lol) which I absolutely love - gorgeous car...but the white E63 I saw in Vegas was just above and beyond. Being at the store today made me realize how that car just went from incredible to mediocre and outdated in comparison to its replacement. Let's put it this way, the 13 vs 14 is comprable to the difference between this:

and this...

Old 10-18-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
why would they change the powerplant after only 2 years? Not saying I dont believe you, but it really is unusual and hard to believe... big cosmetic changes easier to understand, but an entirely new/different performance pkg, that is suprising...
Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by jtrichel
why would they change the powerplant after only 2 years? Not saying I dont believe you, but it really is unusual and hard to believe... big cosmetic changes easier to understand, but an entirely new/different performance pkg, that is suprising...
I don't think I referred to the engine itself..maybe drivetrain if anything.

That being said, nobody prevents the current engine from having more or less power

Guess we will just have to wait and see!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM

2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
I don't think I referred to the engine itself..maybe drivetrain if anything.

That being said, nobody prevents the current engine from having more or less power

Guess we will just have to wait and see!
If you had one of the very last (2013) C Black Series coming in shortly, would you waive off and wait? Is it THAT epic of a car?
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Love the idea of the 5.5TT with a performance 4Matic in the E63.

Can wait for AMG to come out with a drivers selectable 4Matic diff. Something where you can control/dial-in the amount of power going to the wheels or just shut it off and make it rear drive only.

I will now go back to the Devils Lettuce
Old 10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
If you had one of the very last (2013) C Black Series coming in shortly, would you waive off and wait? Is it THAT epic of a car?
That's a tough one...

They are just two extremely different cars...C63 BS is a ridiculous machine - I would probably opt for that if I had the choice...just a very rare beast.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
I want a E63 Coupe. Is it too much to ask?
Absolutely +1 with this comment!
Originally Posted by callmiro
Love the idea of the 5.5TT with a performance 4Matic in the E63.

Can wait for AMG to come out with a drivers selectable 4Matic diff. Something where you can control/dial-in the amount of power going to the wheels or just shut it off and make it rear drive only.
That would be GAME OVER!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
The real question you SHOULD be asking - is the E an indicator that the 2014 C will also be similarly aggressive? E and C are 2 very different cars...but what if the upcoming C takes the same leap?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 AM

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Pickles
O.P....RIDICULOUS, NONSENSICAL POST,......lacking in any serious FACTUAL information at all.
Please do not return, unless you are capable of posting more sensible FACTUABLE info......and, if you can do that, I shall be interested in reading it.
Cheers, Pickles.
+1
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL63
Old 10-19-2012, 02:22 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
Originally Posted by Pickles
O.P....RIDICULOUS, NONSENSICAL POST,......lacking in any serious FACTUAL information at all.
Please do not return, unless you are capable of posting more sensible FACTUABLE info......and, if you can do that, I shall be interested in reading it.
Cheers, Pickles.
THIS! No one in their right mind should care about what u just said. Who wants to know 1% out of 100%? U didnt tell us anything except some BS crap how good is the facelifted e63.... I mean wtf could be so spectacular. Anyway cut the crap and stop posting nonsense like this.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:26 AM

Mercedes C63 amg, Bmw X5,
It's a refresh, but major one...take the 2012 C63 refresh and multiply by 20..

Aesthetics, mechanicals, performance figures...
HAHAHHA!!! Man are u being serious? Are they going to dump a new engine? LOL I bet 99% of what u said is BS. The car wont be as spectacular as u are saying.. Then what when 2016 E class arrive it will fly I suppose....
Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 AM

07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Is weight reduction part of the improvements?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I'm going out on a huge limb here, but decided that it would be no different than me telling my clients in person.

Confirmed by CEO of MBUSA and Chairman of the Board of Daimler:

E63 4MATIC AMG
560 Horsepower
Manufacturer claimed 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds.

Hope this starts off all of your weekends on a positive note...
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
you should prob link this thread to the W211 AMG section as many of us are pleased to hear this and its nice that the body is getting revised.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
I hate MB sometimes. Why don't they make a damn E63 coupe????? I don't need a 4dr... selfish as hell

I'll just go get an M6 then
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
I'm going out on a huge limb here, but decided that it would be no different than me telling my clients in person.

Confirmed by CEO of MBUSA and Chairman of the Board of Daimler:

E63 4MATIC AMG
560 Horsepower
Manufacturer claimed 0-60 time of 3.4 seconds.

Hope this starts off all of your weekends on a positive note...
Hey WWMIndy, I see you just let half the cat out of the bag.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 Chevy 427 Torch Red
This car would probably bring the premier tuning companies into the fray. Imagine an Alpha or UG AMG with 1000whp and traction to use it!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Received 524 Likes on 112 Posts
Drives Slowly
0-60 times are going to be the lulz

Sources have informed WCF that the upcoming 2014 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG is going to come as standard with 4MATIC all-wheel drive and will develop 550 HP (405 kW) without the optional Performance Package. It will be able to perform the 0-60 mph (0-97 km/h) sprint in 3.4 seconds. The current E63 AMG with its rear-wheel drive configuration produces 525 HP (386 kW) and accelerates from zero to 62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.3 seconds.

As far as styling is concerned, AMG is going for a very aggressive appearance in an effort to shake the stigma of a glorified E-Class. The front and rear bumpers, headlights and the side skirts will receive some alterations, with the front bumper resemling the Ferrari F430's bumper with big rounded air intakes. The headlights will be a one-piece with LEDs and bi-xenon, while the side skirts are completely different and more pronounced, featuring a trim piece that runs along the car’s length.
The 2014 E63 AMG is scheduled to go into production in Q3 2013 and is expected to look considerably more aggressive than the regular E-Class.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:05 AM
63c

2009 c63 + 2017 coupe c63 edition1
2014 Mercedes E63 AMG to get 550 HP and 4MATIC
Sprints to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11210194...-hp-and-4matic

Old 10-19-2012, 09:35 AM

C32, 911 Carrera S(991), C63BS
Smile

If this is all (or even partially true), the new E63 could be the perfect 4 door companion to the BS.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
I asked my freind who confirmed the above
But he cant show me pictures which he has! Dang!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Strap In...2014 E63