My ****ed Up Day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
My ****ed Up Day!

So as many of you know from the thread about the Toronto meet was that it was to take place today at 1pm. Well it was 12:45 and I was stuck in awful traffic on the 401 hwy here. I managed to get off the hwy at the closest exit around 1:15 which was avenue rd. As I was going on to the exit I merged tight in front of this guy in a small toyota. As I was going south on avenue the man pulled beside me in the right turning lane and slowed down to stare at me. The person in front of me was trying to merge into that turning lane so casually I turned my attention elsewhere and began to speed up. Before I knew it the guy in the toyota had come around the person in front to me and cut in front of me while slamming on their brakes! I braked hard but still ran into the back of him. So angry I just sat in the car while the guy got out with a big grin on his face and started to inspect the damage. Well I backed up and to my surprise my license plate cover was cracked and no other damage to my car. His car had no body damage just a small black mark. While he was taking down my information I wanted to settle and get on my way (I was already late). He was being very greedy and wanted $500 cash. I knew this was way too much but I he started saying how he was going to call the police and sue me and I just really didnt want to deal with all this over absolutely nothing. I tossed the guy $500 cash and told him to buy his wife something nice. (Im tight for cash and that was kind of hard to swallow but it was the price I paid to have it go away)

What shocked me most was the comments from other people stopped at the light shouting to the guy saying how they will help him be a witness and get thousands out of me! I kept yelling theres no ****ing damage get the **** away! It was lots of harassment. Anyways its done and forgotten and I need a new license pate cover.

In the end I made it to the meet met some great guys and got see a few new wicked rides local to the GTA (Jonathan your car looks amazing, and KarKid your exhaust sounded good!) I also swapped out my orange bulbs for LEDs which we crushed the parking lot so that no light shines through my painted side markers -it looks so much better!

Ps. Ill post pictures later!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Dude, someone just scammed you! I'll find the thread with the video but it's a very similar scenario. And the people volunteering to be witnesses were probably in on it.

Last edited by CoolBDPhenom03; 10-20-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...sh-camera.html
Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A V8
wow op, that sucks!

And actually you should have let him call the cops, because even if you gave him 500 cash he can still call the cops later and say it was a hit and run since he has your info.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
740il
^ That never occured to me, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was true. Heard about this happening a long time ago on the local news.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:39 PM

2011 C63 AMG
i still can't believe you paid the dude 500$$ should've called us! LOL, at least the damage wasn't that bad. Just get the Toehook plate
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
sucks man...sorry to hear it!

people will always try to take advantage of those that are more fortunate..
Old 10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
seriously bro?? i'm sorry that happened to you but come on... you should have called the cops by yourself and don't say a word to that douche bag. there is a reason why you have insurance.. $500?? that's food for 2 weeks lol

edit: or you could've used the $500 to buy a dash cam
Old 10-20-2012, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
those crafty canadians, lol. that sux.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 AMG
About 6 years ago I was driving along and had someone cut me off on an empty street, I was driving an E class at the time. Anyways they cut me off before an intersection and slammed on their brakes at a green light, I mashed my brakes and hardly tapped their backend. I called the police myself, as you should with any traffic accident, the guy was sketchy looking.

Anyways police came looked at the front of my car and wiped off the marks and said no damage was done and that I didnt have to give him any of my information. When they told this to the guy he become irate, he had no damage but was claiming he was hurt. Police told me to drive off didnt even take my info ect.

Next time call the police..... They might of said no visible damage = no accident.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:59 PM

C63 AMG Afalterbach Edition
sorry to hear that man it was nice meeting you still and your ride still looks amazing!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 357 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
That is messed up. Live and learn. Sorry those guys took advantage of you and good to hear that the actual damage to the car is small.

Heads up out there.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:11 PM

12 MB C63
Get a dash camera....100% helps
Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM

2012 C63
people in Toronto are becoming such *****s, what happened to our loving city..
Old 10-20-2012, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
Sounds like you need a dash can now
Old 10-20-2012, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C63 coupe
Sorry you got scammed (or likely got scammed)... it sucks that people do this stuff and others need to resort to dash cams. There was a video I saw recently where some guy was driving along and a kid runs out from the sidewalk and jumps on his hood and pretends to be hurt. If he didn't have a dash cam, it would have been hard to prove that he didn't hit the kid.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
be careful OP, you gave the douche bag your name and address too--once he uses up the $500 for his crack he might come looking for you again at home. Easy money for him, he might try to shake you down again or rob your house.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 PM
RL1

AMG C63 Affalterbach Edition
Originally Posted by BucurFoto
^ That never occured to me, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was true. Heard about this happening a long time ago on the local news.

this is a HUGE ongoing scam...the video posted above was posted all over the web, the scammer was identified and people started sending him death threats so the Toronto Star painted him out to be the victim in any case, he got a criminal charge

here are a few articles...you can find tons more online

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...-what-it-seems

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...ilante-threats

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...d-and-mischief
Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 PM

09 C63, 11 Cayenne S
Originally Posted by VaclavSV
So as many of you know from the thread about the Toronto meet was that it was to take place today at 1pm. Well it was 12:45 and I was stuck in awful traffic on the 401 hwy here. I managed to get off the hwy at the closest exit around 1:15 which was avenue rd. As I was going on to the exit I merged tight in front of this guy in a small toyota. As I was going south on avenue the man pulled beside me in the right turning lane and slowed down to stare at me. The person in front of me was trying to merge into that turning lane so casually I turned my attention elsewhere and began to speed up. Before I knew it the guy in the toyota had come around the person in front to me and cut in front of me while slamming on their brakes! I braked hard but still ran into the back of him. So angry I just sat in the car while the guy got out with a big grin on his face and started to inspect the damage. Well I backed up and to my surprise my license plate cover was cracked and no other damage to my car. His car had no body damage just a small black mark. While he was taking down my information I wanted to settle and get on my way (I was already late). He was being very greedy and wanted $500 cash. I knew this was way too much but I he started saying how he was going to call the police and sue me and I just really didnt want to deal with all this over absolutely nothing. I tossed the guy $500 cash and told him to buy his wife something nice. (Im tight for cash and that was kind of hard to swallow but it was the price I paid to have it go away)

What shocked me most was the comments from other people stopped at the light shouting to the guy saying how they will help him be a witness and get thousands out of me! I kept yelling theres no ****ing damage get the **** away! It was lots of harassment. Anyways its done and forgotten and I need a new license pate cover.

In the end I made it to the meet met some great guys and got see a few new wicked rides local to the GTA (Jonathan your car looks amazing, and KarKid your exhaust sounded good!) I also swapped out my orange bulbs for LEDs which we crushed the parking lot so that no light shines through my painted side markers -it looks so much better!

Ps. Ill post pictures later!
Next time call your AMG brethren and we will come rescue you. The exhaust note alone with make him second guess. I hate these types of fuccers. They are always looking for a handout. I'm sorry it happened bro.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:19 PM

w204 4matic
interestingly enough i live right in that neighbourhood. It is a well known area for high income households and expensive cars. It's actually one of the highest theft rate areas in the gta for cars also. I saw the same thing happen to a GT3 while i was on my motorcycle and the guy who cut him off almost killed me as he changed lanes. Lets say i was far less than cordial and theres a reason i carry a sparkplug under the bike seat...
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Thanks guys!

So I shouldve been more clear. I got all the information of mine that he took down back...as well I have a sign piece of paper indicating I paid him $500. It was a ****ty deal and maybe I shouldve called the cops. I just didnt want to deal with all the headaches afterwards and insurance bull****. Plus he wouldve called his stupid witness that gave him his number and ****. In the end after I paid him he said we were done and he wasnt going to report anything... I told him to go buy his wife something nice and the proceeded to curse intensely in my head. To calm myself I just think of how much worse it couldve been and that Im glad I can still keep driving my car!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
Sorry to hear what happened to you man

That freaking blows!

I've heard of the scams where they take 2 cars... one driving in front of you while the other cuts off the car driving in front of you to make you get in a rear end collision.

This gets my blood boiling! Glad you're ok though!

Time to invest in a dash cam. I run one all the time.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
That truly sucks, what a terrible situation to be put in.

On that note, does anyone have experience with dash cams and could suggest a good one?
Old 10-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 E55 AMG, 1999 E55 AMG , Audi allroad 2.7T sold ,08 Jeep SRT8 sold, 06 TBSS Sold
you should have given that dude the finger ,
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Originally Posted by WBE55
you should have given that dude the finger ,
I love this post

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My ****ed Up Day!