Sponsored by:

Wide Rear Fender Extension Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 VW GTI
You should really talk to Dads...He's done all the heavy lifting, why reinvent the wheel??
Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My GF Crazy...
But Dads' conversion is a BS conversion and thats not what we are after.
Still waiting for a reply from Ken Cheung about Josh's rear fenders on the Silver Dragon.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Sash11
But Dads' conversion is a BS conversion and thats not what we are after.
Still waiting for a reply from Ken Cheung about Josh's rear fenders on the Silver Dragon.
I know, my point is he has developed the expertise on how to do a wide body. He's had hoods and all manner of parts made for the car. He know what will work and what won't.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I just want to reiterate:

It's not just the fenders, guys. We will still have to deal with and find a solution for the rear doors. I am in on this "group wide-body", but I want to bring up and address a huge component to this. Everyone keeps talking about the rear fenders. The rear doors, or what to do with them, ARE a component to this conversion.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 AM

c63 & SVT Raptor
Any word on this?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 PM

none
Originally Posted by jordanaf
305 in the rear.
Welllll, they're actually 315's with room for a 325, but who am I to quibble when you're all showing me so much love?

If any of you are planning on going forced induction, I'd go a little wider than mine so there's room for a 335/30-18.

Originally Posted by Sash11
I actually do like Josh's rear fenders but I don't think he would appreciate us copying his setup. But if all else fails then I think that's the way we should go.
Seriously? You must not know me, my man. I'd be honored to see a bunch of Silver Dragon MkII's rolling around.

Regarding Ken doing it, I'd rather see it done somewhere else, as he took a $375 deposit for the F1 bumper from me, and when I said I wanted to wait for the second revision, he changed the price he offered and then wouldn't refund the deposit. I won't do business with him, but I don't really have a horse in this race, so to say, so if you're all good with him, go for it.

FYI, I also did door and rocker extensions to match the fenders, so it's actually a 7 or 8 piece kit to replicate what I have, depending if you're doing bumper extensions or a whole bumper: 2x door, 2x fender, 2x rocker, and 1x or 2x bumper.

Thanks again for the love, can't wait to show off the newest mods... (T-5 days)

Josh

(PS - You cannot imagine how hard it is to get one set of monoblock wheel blanks!)

Last edited by C63 Guy; 10-28-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
Originally Posted by C63 Guy
Welllll, they're actually 315's with room for a 325, but who am I to quibble when you're all showing me so much love?
Sorry my man, I was just going off memory and it has been a while since I have seen your 63 or post!! A thousand apologies.

Regarding Ken doing it, I'd rather see it done somewhere else,
I do not know who Ken is. And I am not sold on him or have anything to do with him. I just want someone quality and professional to do it. I am now leaning back towards my local guy. As I have stated, my shop and I have been talking about this for a while now and I am not sure about a "kit". I am more of a one-off guy.

FYI, I also did door and rocker extensions to match the fenders, so it's actually a 7 or 8 piece kit to replicate what I have, depending if you're doing bumper extensions or a whole bumper: 2x door, 2x fender, 2x rocker, and 1x or 2x bumper.........Josh

(PS - You cannot imagine how hard it is to get one set of monoblock wheel blanks!)
That is what I have been trying to remind these guys off. There is more involved with this "project" than just fabbing some fenders.

Josh, thanks again for your inspiration!! From what I remember, a vague pic of your car in the desert, it IS truly a beast. I mean dragon.

Last edited by jordanaf; 10-29-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM

c63 & SVT Raptor
I'm going to guess this project is scrapped?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

507 SEDAN
There seemed to be no movement, so I guess you are right.

Very disappointing!!!!!!!

I do not know the cost, but I am moving forward with my local guy. We are going to design an FRP for the door section so that it cuts into the fenders and allows the rear door open/close access. All of the rest of the work is going to be steel, just like the body. I want it to be long-term and durable. We are figuring out how to incorporate it into the rear bumper, but I do not want a cheap or breakable/constant "fiddling" with finished product. I am trying to do it as "OEM" as possible. Meaning, I want it to be as if the factory/MB designed and made it. I have seen many fiberglass/plastic fenders on a variety of vehicles, including my Land Cruiser. Even if body-color match, they never quite impress , look quality, or stand up to the test and abuse of time.

Not sure how long or how many man hours this will take, but I am dead-set on running 305's or 315's. The size and output of this engine needs ore rubber. We all know this. I think this will greatly improve the car, even though the price of that size tire/wheel is substantially greater. I am just hoping that it doesn't eat the tires as frequently as the 275 I'm running. My assumption is that I will get more life out of them, but it remains to be seen. It is one question that I have never asked Josh(Silver Dragon). But it's what I want. So here goes something!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks again for the love, can't wait to show off the newest mods... (T-5 days)
Text me a teaser......
Old 09-14-2014, 06:18 PM

Mercedes c63
C63 rear flares

Anyone with rear fender flares. BS style, but with bits to connect to standard rear bar?