Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife is not very happy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yes, I'm sure we all know by now that cars are to guys as bags are to gals. There can never be enough bags for women. If you think our cars are expensive, wait until you see women going for one of those top end Birkin bag a month and you easily have the equivalent of a Veyron after a year.

Oh, so guys can match it with all the tuning and CF parts...wait until you see the prices of all those fashion accessories, matching shoes with every outfit, etc.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta, 2014 Mercedes Benz ML 350, 2008 MB C63 AMG (deceased), 2009 MB C63 AMG
Fellas...If you're lucky to make it through the Hermes stage after buying your C63 Black Series it doesn't stop there...
When you buy your SLS Black Series,
Brace yourself...here comes Mr. Harry Winston. (:
Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM

2013 C63C Diamond White, BMW 325i
Originally Posted by rory breaker
Agreed. We're way off topic, and Im a firm believer to each their own, but $9k purses to me just exemplifies the excessiveness that has become "cool" in our culture. What's "cool" is realizing how much more that $9k can do for someone or something than a purse. The day my wife brings home a $9k purse is the last day I'll be there when she walks in the door!
I agree it has strayed quite a bit and I am sorry since I contributed to that. And again I agree $9k is a bit much for a purse but it isn't necessarily a cool factor. I am not trying to argue with you or pick a fight I just wanted to respectfully shed some light since I have been on both ends of the spectrum. I agree that $9k is a lot for a bag but I have recently been accused by numerous women who are friends and family that my C63C is excessive. They think it's my way of getting guys or flaunting money or something totally far-fetched from my true intentions. And yet they have these $3k bags, $5k bags, all while telling me this. So I say why did you buy your YSL and not a coach bag? Still a good brand and they say because of the quality and the way they view the bag, it's been a dream purse of theirs since they were kids. So while the price is really steep and I am sure that money could have gone to a better cause but it's kind of one of those things that you just really want/have to have. In the same manner I reply that it's not about the fact that the 3 pointed star is on the hood or that it has pretty steep price tag that can be easily flaunted. Driving the C63 to me is about that feeling. And I am sure all of you on here reading this can relate to me. It's that feeling of going from point A to point B and the freedom you feel. Forget the world, your problems, school, work and everything else. Once you step into that car and hear the engine roar and that smirk comes on your face nothing else matters just you and the road. And suddenly the road is your canvas, it can be a spirited drive where you feel fast and furious or it can be a relaxing drive down the highway with just the sound of engine's rumble to keep you company. But aside from that I've been wanting an AMG since that very first CLK55 AMG came out in 2000, I was 12. So the same as the nostalgia they get with their purses. I don't know if they necessarily view me any differently now that they know, but at least they know. And while they may not condone all I can hope is that they at least understand. That's all I wanted to do is share this with you and shed some light. Not all people who buy bags that expensive are doing it for the cool factor it just might be a passion that you honestly can't see eye to eye on and you are right that money could be better spent. Honestly I someday want a Birkin but that's a goal of mine when I am older and hopefully successful. The same way a aston martin vantage is my other goal at the other end of the spectrum. Again not trying to pick a fight, be offensive or show you up, I sincerely just wanted to shed some light on the topic

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Really. My wife would think spending 10K on a bag is foolishness.

+1 Common sense is not so common anymore.

The rules that my wife and I have are:

1. Do not omit or lie about anything. (I am talking serious matters.)
2. Be respectful and forthcoming.
3. Always discuss big ticket purchases, it's not a control thing, just courtesy.

These rules have worked for millions of people in relationships business and personal.
While I have my funny spiel about what he should do to patch it up. I agree this is how a marriage and relationships should work. Respect at the root. Happy to know that there are some relationships that still functions this way. Gives me hope

Oh and it's wonderful that your wife doesn't have the expensive bag habit. I unfortunately have the worst of both worlds in that regard.

Originally Posted by otakki
Yes, I'm sure we all know by now that cars are to guys as bags are to gals. There can never be enough bags for women. If you think our cars are expensive, wait until you see women going for one of those top end Birkin bag a month and you easily have the equivalent of a Veyron after a year.

Oh, so guys can match it with all the tuning and CF parts...wait until you see the prices of all those fashion accessories, matching shoes with every outfit, etc.
Yea and while I am a pro-Birkin, a Birkin a month is yea definitely a lot. I know some people who do this where they buy one a month wear the color or skin for the month then resale it at a higher value especially if it's rare. But whatever your flavor is, no judgment. And you are right the shoes and the sunglasses don't make life for us girls any easier.

**Dear OP, I am sorry if I highjacked your thread and strayed it from topic numerous times. I hope you are enjoying your C63 and that you and your wife are doing better. Hopefully you didn't have to go through my last resort advice to get there. Hope all is well
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 AM

C63AMG Coupe, SL350, ABT Q7, MVF4750, MVF41000R, Ducati 996SPS, Virgin Cup R6
Originally Posted by dboutros
Best way to buy a car, don't overthink it.

I think I made the best "mistake" of my life buying this car. Didn't even test drive, never had even been in a C63 before, made some phone calls and the first time I drove one was after I signed on the dotted line.

I don't think I will ever do what I did again in my life, but so far I have zero regrets.
+1 on that. I just popped in to the dealer to buy a new Bluetooth widget for the wife's SL. Had never seen a C63 before, but loved it. Went home, Googled it for 20 mins, went back and bought it
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 AM

c63
$10k+ purses? perfect, she can ebay them to cover the divorce lawyer's retainer
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Personally, I don't mind so much about a carefully selected Harry Winston. A well chosen gem is actually considered an asset. On the other hands, 99.9% of cars and bags and accessories are all liabilities, not assets.

Originally Posted by sha1na_AMG
Chanel jumbo maxi in lamb skin leather (surprised no one mentioned this one) a cool $6500
Sorry to the OP to be going completely off topic here: We will be staying away from Chanel for a long time. The massive price increase over the past few years as well as this past January on the classic line is simply ridiculous. Moreover, the price increase hasn't stopped. There is a general consensus from sales people at the boutiques, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, etc that Chanel is aiming for the Ferrari strategy for their classic bags. That is, make few and jack up the price to make them exclusive. That is unfortunate.