C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Calling all members who put a car seat in their C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003-E55 2011-C63 2016-C63S
Selfish WTF? I have a 4 and 6 year old and they love the C63. They both have booster seats and plenty of leg room. I an 6 foot and have the steering wheel fully extended back and my seat reclined back to where I can rest my wrist on the top of the wheel. Plenty of room behind me. For a newborn you will have a capsule which will easily fit. To say the C63 is selfish for children is a bunch of BS.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Originally Posted by Fung63
the c63 functions well as a family car.. i think too many of us forget that.. ultimately it is just a c class and a c class is a decent family car. however i agree with you. a SUV will be tons better for normal baby driving duties. just like the op has a highlander, my wife drives a GLK. besides space for the car seat, a suv has other benefits over a sedan... even a e class:
  • more carrying capacity (diaper bag, stroller, etc etc)
  • higher up so you dont break your back reaching in and out for the baby
the stroller we bought for our daugther takes up pretty much the entire trunk of the c class. fits well + lots of spare room in the glk... although we have been thinking of going up to the GL in a year or so. you can never have enough space when it comes to kids

s for the other poster... i dont think anyone is 'guilty' of being selfish here the day you become a father you will understand... the feeling that you will do absolutely anything for your child and ensuring his/her well being will be a top priority. however, if you can mix well being with a bit of flair, why not? An example would be strollers. the majority of the strollers you see out there imo just suck. child sits low to the ground, the workmanship is poor and the strollers are ugly as heck. We decided to spring for a Stokke stroller so when we take her out to the park or shopping, not only does she sit more comfortable but also more comfortable for us as well... and yes we get compliments where ever we go.

good lord that stroller is something else....way too pricey, for moi at least
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by vdubpower
good lord that stroller is something else....way too pricey, for moi at least
Yes, anything that has to do with baby things, weddings, and funerals are all known to be expensive. The manufacturers know people are willing to cough it up despite being price gouged.

I'm a little concerned about the high center of gravity for that stroller set-up.

Last edited by otakki; 12-29-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah seems useless for storage, its almost as high as a high chair, maybe it doubles as one

i like the chicco brand stuff, sensible prices and built like a tank
Old 12-30-2012, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

my wife bananas! :D
Originally Posted by otakki
Yes, anything that has to do with baby things, weddings, and funerals are all known to be expensive. The manufacturers know people are willing to cough it up despite being price gouged.

I'm a little concerned about the high center of gravity for that stroller set-up.
it's perfect. the way the seat is positioned there is no tipping at all. the turning radius is also very impressive. We tested a ton of strollers and this one came up as the best. you can steer it easily with one hand as well. however, storage is an issue, but then again we dont typically go out and buy everything off the shelves

i'm biased to this stroller but we were pretty subjective when we were in the buying phase. lets put it this way, we've spent X and got this stroller whereas many of our friends have bought multiple cheaper strollers and are never satisfied... they will probably end up spending more than X and still be unhappy.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
G550
Our kids love riding in the back of the C63. They fit just fine. I just posted a review on the Recaro Vivo booster seat (ages 3+). This is an excellent child seat. The only issue with having kids in the back of a C63 is when they kick the back of the hard-back front seats! This is absolutely a family friendly car. This was my solution to driving my 997 Carrera which as my wife pointed out, was not family friendly. If anybody needs more info/pictures on the Recaro child seat, just let me know.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM

2013 P31 C63, 2014 Bluetec ML, 2004 GT3
the c63 is great for kids...our 3 year old sits perfectly in a recaro probooster with plenty of room for my wife in front of him.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i'm envious of you guys and your recaro. Recaro didnt pay for it to be certified up here in Canada so they are not technically legal to use.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

just go across the border and grab one, i think they are headquartered in michagan for these
Old 01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
They confiscate them at the border. You'll have to smuggle them in. If you get pulled over, or hit a seat belt checkstop, you'll get a huge ticket and the seat confiscated.

It's stupid.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 / E400 Cab
Wow that is crazy. What if you just have it in your boot?

I imported isofix seats from europe to Australia for my kids. They aren't legal here but I'd much rarer cop a fine and rest assured knowing my kids are safer than In the restraint systems approved here.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C63 coupe
Originally Posted by Onnzo
Wow that is crazy. What if you just have it in your boot?
It won't fit... it's way too big and you'd have a hard time walking

Sorry... couldn't help myself
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

so what brands are allowed over there, whats in your equivalent babys r us
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
so what brands are allowed over there, whats in your equivalent babys r us
Pretty much what's available in stores. It's weird, Britax seats in the US doesn't have the Canadian sticker, so it's technically illegal. Can't even buy on Amazon and shipped here. We have Babys R Us here too.

If your seat doesn't have this sticker:

It'll get confiscated at customs. The easiest way to sneak one over is through a flight back, because they don't really check for it that way. That's how everyone I know sneaks in Recarros.

Shipping or driving it over will pretty much guarantee it'll get confiscated. You can sneak one in the trunk of your car driving back, but if you do get randomly searched, it'll get confiscated, and fined. At some border crossings, even if your child is in the seat, they'll look for the sticker if it's not busy. Laws vary across the provinces, and some are more strict, so you need a booster seat till the child's pretty much a teen haha.

Look at the child seat fear that our government spreads:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...9-menu-353.htm

It's comical. My theory is that a few car seat manufacturers in Canada pushed for this to retain a bit of a handle on the market. Pretty much all seats pass, it's just expensive to pass Canadian testing, which has 1 extra test compared to the US. Last year they changed that test, so everyone had to pay to retest again, and dropped an even larger # of manufacturers off the approved list. There was only 1 seat that fit a 911 (the Porsche OEM seat is not certified), and the company that made it decided not to retest for the 2012 rules. They were blown out at stores super cheap because they weren't allowed to sell them past Jan 1 2012. Now, if you have a 911, there is no booster seat that fits the back. So stupid.

Then there's each individual province's child seat laws. In Alberta, only child seats are required, up to 6 y/o or 40 lbs. There is no law for booster seats, so a child can use regular seat belts after child seats. But if you drive to BC, booster seats are required, and you'll get ticketed and your child shipped to child services till you get a booster seat in the car.

It's a gong show here lol.

Last edited by rage2; 01-01-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
C63 / E400 Cab
Originally Posted by gthal
It won't fit... it's way too big and you'd have a hard time walking

Sorry... couldn't help myself
Good one trunks here are Underwear so it would be pretty tough to put one in there.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow recaro seats are like cocaine in canada....

ok so what happens if u are US citizen driving from detroit to winsor or somethign for a day trip and u have recaros? what will they do?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 BS, GLA45
wow recaro seats are like cocaine in canada....

ok so what happens if u are US citizen driving from detroit to winsor or somethign for a day trip and u have recaros? what will they do?
Nothing happens. You're a visitor, you're not importing the seats.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

exactly to what rage said. I have the britax boulevard 70 for my daugther now. Is it any better than the recaro? who knows... but one thing for certain is if recaro was legal up here, I would've gotten it.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:46 PM

top secret
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but does the infant car seat fit behind the driver's or passenger's seat? anybody have pictures?

Wanting a C63 Coupe but my wife says she prefers a sedan cuz of the space
Old 03-22-2016, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 385 Likes on 258 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I don't have a pick but there's plenty of room with mine... I usually put her in the middle and other than she fiddles with the vents plenty of room and easy to get in/out I drive a Pfl sedan
Old 03-22-2016, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG P31
I have a C63 Sedan w P31 along with two car seats for my two young ones. Each seat located behind the front seats and it's plenty space still for them and their legs (front facing car seat & booster seat) plus I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of space as well.

The best part is my oldest calls my car the "Angry Monster" and always asks me to make it angry when people walking by, got to do it for the kids right
Old 03-22-2016, 07:52 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
Rear facing will be a pain in a coupe. I have forward facing for a big 7 year old and a big 4 year old and there is not much leg / space for them behind me (6'). They do love it though...

Tom
Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
507 SEDAN
I have had both rear facing, then convertible upright. Now, she is in a booster. All of which have been perfectly fine in the C63 sedan. I wouldn't sweat it. The only issue you might have, or annoyance, is the fact that your child will eventually start kicking your seatbacks. I have her on the passenger side, so I scoot the seat up to where her legs just barely dont reach. That didn't start until about 3/3.5 years old so you have time.

But you should have no worries or issues fitting any kind of child seat into a C63 sedan. Good luck and congrats!!!!
Old 03-23-2016, 12:53 AM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
Originally Posted by AMG_FamilyCar
I have a C63 Sedan w P31 along with two car seats for my two young ones. Each seat located behind the front seats and it's plenty space still for them and their legs (front facing car seat & booster seat) plus I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of space as well.

The best part is my oldest calls my car the "Angry Monster" and always asks me to make it angry when people walking by, got to do it for the kids right
living up to your user name
Old 03-23-2016, 12:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by Arjy
living up to your user name
Lol the only way too hahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling all members who put a car seat in their C63