Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by JamE55
Congrats!!

Is this Stage 3 or Stage 3 plus more?
That's stage 3 plus built engine, tranny, drive train, fuel system.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Excellent work Earl, very impressive, congrats.

Would love to have your car attend the next Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack event April 6 & 7, Josh (Silver Dragon) will be there with his built Weistec C63, should be very impressive as well. Again great work at Famoso!

Does josh have stage 3 or 2? You're the guy who pulled on him right?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Merc63
Does josh have stage 3 or 2? You're the guy who pulled on him right?
When I ran Josh he had the Stage 2, he now has Stage 3 / Built Motor. Yes, I pulled on his Stage 2 with my Stage 3 M3, I'm pretty confident the outcome will change when we run again. I'm excited to see his new setup in action as well as Earl's car. Who else has a Stage 3 Weistec besides you, Earl and now Josh? Jcart?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2008 BS
Originally Posted by psfracer
Great video, thanks for posting.

Did you also race at Pomona during the summer? I thought I remember this car posting some awesome times -- especially since the heat at that race was just ridiculous.
Yes, the car ran 10.2 at 144 at Pomona.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Originally Posted by propain
Bradenton.
Wrong again Buckwheat. We were at Famoso on the 9th and I have never been to Bradenton.

As an FYI, the reason no steering input was needed is because the crew set up the suspension so well..the fact you point out no input was needed shows you have no idea how to set a car up. Perhaps you need to seesaw your steering wheel back and forth when you go down a strip...that is nothing to be proud of.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Its an auto. Break stall and release....

I am sure Weistec has made some improvements or some kind of change in the setup or track prep. This doesn't take away from Earl at all and this achievement I am just saying this car is a fire and forget weapon. Just point it in the right direction and let it do the work.
I don't have a problem with you man but when you say stuff like this you really make yourself look ignorant. You have absolutley no clue what it take to throttle a 1000 plus hp Benz with relatively skinny rear tires down the track. Furthermore you must be blind because you can clearly see in the onboard view the car is being shifted with the paddles. We can only run these in M mode now becasue they rev so fast and peg the limiter instantly.

Last edited by jrcart; 02-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
i wish i was closer to all the fun action . i would love to see what my setup does against all you guys . i know i dont have the built motor but i don't mind getting smoked just to see where i stand against other cars
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
When I ran Josh he had the Stage 2, he now has Stage 3 / Built Motor. Yes, I pulled on his Stage 2 with my Stage 3 M3, I'm pretty confident the outcome will change when we run again. I'm excited to see his new setup in action as well as Earl's car. Who else has a Stage 3 Weistec besides you, Earl and now Josh? Jcart?
Oh boy I didn't know he had it built. He comes on here for a few weeks than disappears for months.

There is George from south Africa (stage 3 +), badbenz, jrcart (stage3+) and another guy from the middle east with stage 3 to my knowledge.

Mines sitting in the basement in box still. I will install it when the snow is gone soon.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Lol you two love birds are funny.

Jr, why is he beating you 0.2 seconds is quite a bit, thought you guys both had the same build?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
Lol you two love birds are funny.

Jr, why is he beating you 0.2 seconds is quite a bit, thought you guys both had the same build?

Steve from Weistec got this time.

What was Earls best time is the question and we can go from there as to what JR ran and got edged out by.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ahh the tune only record insult. Never gets old. Its been there to beat for almost 2 years now. Still it stand. Go beat it if its so easy.
It's stood for 2 years becuase nobody goes after such a lame record. That's like getting to first base with a chick and stopping because you know you can never get the homerun
Old 02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
I'm stupid but you have a 300K car that does low 10's?? WOW... Can I get an autograph?

You are the definition of stupid bro..
really ??? no offense Propain , but it's their money and they can pretty much do what they want with their own money . i respect what they do because without them , i pretty much wouldn't have the setup i have now . i know you have the "tune only" record but dont knock on the guys , like me , that want a lot more from their C63 . i'm sure if Jim and Earl wanted to build a typical drag car , they would do so with a hell of a lot less money than whats invested in their AMGs . just because you don't want to invest in your C63 doesn't make the rest of us stupid for doing so . i would much rather have my "point and shoot" C63 than some gutted 7 sec. drag car......but hell , that's just my $.02
Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm stupid but you have a 300K car that does low 10's?? WOW... Can I get an autograph?

You are the definition of stupid bro..
....no you're stupid if you think that $300K is a lot of money to Earl or I, this is a hobby, a game, nothing more.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
really ??? no offense Propain , but it's their money and they can pretty much do what they want with their own money . i respect what they do because without them , i pretty much wouldn't have the setup i have now . i know you have the "tune only" record but dont knock on the guys , like me , that want a lot more from their C63 . i'm sure if Jim and Earl wanted to build a typical drag car , they would do so with a hell of a lot less money than whats invested in their AMGs . just because you don't want to invest in your C63 doesn't make the rest of us stupid for doing so . i would much rather have my "point and shoot" C63 than some gutted 7 sec. drag car......but hell , that's just my $.02
Well said, and the truth of the matter is these low 10 second AMG's turn a lot more heads than even a 8 second Mustang, hell there's proof of that in this thread when the guy in the Mustang in the video tracked Earl down to this forum to give him props and the suprised sound on the anouncers voice when he saw Earl E/T.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e63 NA
Very cool to get props from the mustang guy. I would kill to see your car in person. Congrats on a sick run and ride!

On another note..
It is a hard lesson to learn but typically ignoring people on the internet is the best for both worlds. Not to be insensitive but this statement always has value:

"Arguing over the internet is like running in the special Olymipics, even if you win you're still retarded"
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ

I hear ya, I am not knocking on them or anyone else for putting money into a C63 or CLK. To me its a 2 ton boat. A fast one at that put thats why I don't put anything else into it. Don't step into a mud slinging fight and expect people to fight clean. I am a car enthusiast all the way and respect all cars and their potential. The insults are purely to get a rise out of sparky over there.

I can put you into a 7 second full interior viper that would blow your mind. They don't all needed to be gutted.

Either way, these guys like to drag it down into the dirt especially when Cart arrives you know its going to go down the tubes. I simply said its a point and shoot car and I continue to because it is. The reason we spun off onto this tangent is because they are insulted by this and want everyone to believe its not. Those in the know... know... those who don't can believe what they like. The ferocity in which these guys are defending it however speaks for itself as to the truth.

Again, bring it to MIR and get it into the 9's. These guys and their deep pockets shouldn't have a hard time doing that at all.

Last edited by propain; 02-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Steve from Weistec got this time.

What was Earls best time is the question and we can go from there as to what JR ran and got edged out by.
My best time was mid 9's in a hemi cuda setting the SS/D record back in the 90's. No electronics with just a Jericho shifting without a clutch...and you?

Let me hel
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
My best time was mid 9's in a hemi cuda setting the SS/D record back in the 90's. No electronics with just a Jericho shifting without a clutch...and you?

Let me hel

Better than that old man. LOL. I wouldn't brag so much about a mid 9.

Either way, I mean your best time of your CLK BS on this day with you driving... What was your best time and what was Carts?

Also where is the slip? The video is cool but people like me like to analyze the entire run.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Better than that old man. LOL. I wouldn't brag so much about a mid 9.

Either way, I mean your best time of your CLK BS on this day with you driving... What was your best time and what was Carts?

Also where is the slip? The video is cool but people like me like to analyze the entire run.
Do you even know what SS/D means or have you ever heard of a hemi cuda?

After all this why would I give a rats as$ about showing you a slip.

You win, you have proven here you are an expert at trolling and putting people down which puts you out of my league.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Originally Posted by ecampbell
Do you even know what SS/D means or have you ever heard of a hemi cuda?

After all this why would I give a rats as$ about showing you a slip.

You win, you have proven here you are an expert at trolling and putting people down which puts you out of my league.
The slip isn't for me. Its for everyone as I am sure many would like to see it.

No, I have never heard of such a crazy sounding car. Is it from Japan?

SSD? What is that a solid state hard drive? SS/D?? Hmmm... is it something that you guys lack?

I have only been drag racing for 16 years or so. I took a small break for about 3 years when I got married and had kids. I have many cars from old muscle to some stock and modified German and even some rice cars. Still got them all tucked away. The Z06 is my latest toy and its going to set some amazing times. Already a 10.8 stock. Now that is a pain in the *** car to get down the track. Ill probably make 9's with it before you do.

I am not here to troll, I simply stated AGAIN for the comprehending impaired that I feel the CLK BS and C63 is a point a shoot car and quite easy to get down the track. You decided to take great insult from this comment and take it down this road. Good for you it probably gave this achievement more views. I think maybe you guys are confused about where you are and should run back to your buddy Sticky and his drama forum where this kinda stuff belongs.

Hope to see you in MIR and get into the 9's.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Super stock is almost the purest form of racing and the fact you don't even know what it is shows your ignorance. After 16 years means your knowledge of true drag racing knowledge is quite is limited. Note I am not insulting you as it is not your fault you do not understand the significance of the names of people like Dick Landy, Grumpy Jenkins, Bob Glidden or even Don Prudhomme who started in SS racing but i can tellas without these pioneers you would likely not even know what drag racing is.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
I really don't think this is a "point and shoot" car. I don't care what kind of car it is, but anything closing in on 9's isn't that easy to drive. The fact that the driver in this video makes it look so easy is probably because he is a very good driver who knows what he is doing and also because it's still a very streetable car maintaining some good manners until you mash the throttle...then you better know what you're doing.

Sounds to me like Propain is basically saying he's a better driver - or in so many words, achieving this time was easy and he could do it no problem. If that's the case, and he is so confident, then why not accept Earls challenge and go drive the car??? Hell, if he is that good then running a 10.4 should be easy and he will get a free $300k car, right ? Fact is all I've seen from Mr. Propain is nothing but bench racing. Except for his Jon vs Propain tune only highway runs...I have yet to see him post any of his claimed Z06 videos or anything else substantiating his long drag racing history. Just my take on what's been said here...flame suit on.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BS
Let it go moron. I was obviously being sarcastic. Now move on and STFU.
You just violated the TOU on this forum...enjoy your suspension.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Ahhhh the Z06 sounded so nice.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
Ahhhh the Z06 sounded so nice.

The exhaust is quite tame. I was running it with the exhaust baffles open though so its a bit louder.

I was getting 1.61 60's pretty consistently. Here are some back to back runs. Prepare to skip ahead... I put in some race fuel to see if I would gain anything. On the stock PCM is actually made things worse and I lost about 1 MPH.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New record