Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by propain
Do you own a C63?
yep.

the things i have posted have nothing to do with whether i own any given car. i am trying to help the guy diagnose his issue. what i posted is simply logic in ecu software that can contribute to his symptoms.

but i am sure you already knew all that, right? let's talk about specific sets of logic in mercedes software. have you dug into the pcm yet? let's talk about something REAL rather than which carbon fiber applique to buy or who we should have tune our car for us, rather than understand what's going on ourselves....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:08 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by callmiro
I think you need to drive one before you comment on it.
drive one? i drive one every other day... i own one outright.... however, i have not tried to do a burnout in a street car since i was 17 years old with something to prove to the other dudes at the local burger joint, lol.

if i want to race, i use my dedicated race car. otherwise, what's the point?

i don't understand all the judgement on this board. it's too funny. someone with actual understanding of how an ecm is programmed is chastised? no wonder everyone here asks generic questions and gets generic answers. you guys know more about ordering cars from the factory than how they work (and I don't mean "turn off traction control")....how does your traction control work? what is happening? how is it happening? no one here cares. to me, that's not an enthusiast forum, it's a consumer forum.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
drive one? i drive one every other day... i own one outright.... however, i have not tried to do a burnout in a street car since i was 17 years old with something to prove to the other dudes at the local burger joint, lol.

i don't understand all the judgement on this board. it's too funny. someone with actual understanding of how an ecm is programmed is chastised? no wonder everyone here asks generic questions and gets generic answers. you guys know more about ordering cars from the factory than how they work (and I don't mean "turn off traction control")....how does your traction control work? what is happening? how is it happening? no one here cares. to me, that's not an enthusiast forum, it's a consumer forum.
Understanding of how an ECM works? That's not how it works in the C63....

It was pretty evident that he didn't turn the ESP off...plain and simple...and you're still here trying to justify your long-winded response that doesn't even apply to this car?

Everybody knows how their traction control works..that's why we were all asking the same question...did you turn the ESP off....you came in with your generalization

You're classic buddy...hope you hit your sales target this month....cuz we know you're not gonna hit it based on vehicle knowledge
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See Sig
yep.

the things i have posted have nothing to do with whether i own any given car. i am trying to help the guy diagnose his issue. what i posted is simply logic in ecu software that can contribute to his symptoms.

but i am sure you already knew all that, right? let's talk about specific sets of logic in mercedes software. have you dug into the pcm yet? let's talk about something REAL rather than which carbon fiber applique to buy or who we should have tune our car for us, rather than understand what's going on ourselves....

It just seemed like you gave a lot of misinformation about the vehicle. My guess is his ESP is probably stuck on for some reason and he should test out some rolling burnouts and see if the car engages the nanny. If it does and the ESP is set to off bring it to the dealer.

Even in its stock form the C63 will smoke up the tires without even trying. I don't understand how you haven't experienced this. You must really baby the car.

The judgement comes because your information was wrong. Now your going to spout off about your technical knowledge of the ECU and insult peoples knowledge on the subject in an effort to divert the attention away from how very wrong you were.

A lot has changed around here I agree and its a much simpler forum than it used to be. More talk about carbon fiber bits and how much gas mileage the car gets than modification or racing. Hopefully those days return soon.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Understanding of how an ECM works? That's not how it works in the C63....

It was pretty evident that he didn't turn the ESP off...plain and simple...and you're still here trying to justify your long-winded response that doesn't even apply to this car?

Everybody knows how their traction control works..that's why we were all asking the same question...did you turn the ESP off....you came in with your generalization

You're classic buddy...hope you hit your sales target this month....cuz we know you're not gonna hit it based on vehicle knowledge
The sad thing is you really have no idea what I am talking about, all of which is completely irrelevant to selling a car. The mere fact that you even mention that is testament to your inability to have an intelligent conversation about something that is over your head.

That IS how the ECU works, no one knew what the guys problem was until he said that he left ESP on. So you are saying your strongest argument is your 20/20 hindsight? Psh. At least I am willing to go out on a limb and chance being wrong but give at least a potential explanation. I never said what I posted was DEFINITELY the reason. My response does apply to the car, and if putting it in manual mode defeats the Brake Torque Limiter then that is great. Or if Mercedes is able to defeat the limiter while MPH is zero, etc etc.

There are an infinite possible reasons but it really doesn't matter because what it comes down to is YOU don't know what I am talking about and it is easier for you to simply say, "Ha, he posted it was traction control (and it usually is the simplest explanation but until then anything is possible) so I was right!" And then post about me hitting my objective? What does that even have to do with anything? You seriously think customers want to talk about ECM logic when they are shopping for a GLK? Lol, customers who buy AMGs want to know even LESS than a GLK buyer! It's pure emotion.

Regardless, I've forgotten more about tuning and powertrain calibration than you will even (probably even care to) know. Do me a favor, stay on topic. It's sad to see you digress.

Last edited by Higgs Boson; 02-13-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 PM

2020 AMG GTR
It just seemed like you gave a lot of misinformation about the vehicle. My guess is his ESP is probably stuck on for some reason and he should test out some rolling burnouts and see if the car engages the nanny. If it does and the ESP is set to off bring it to the dealer.

Even in its stock form the C63 will smoke up the tires without even trying. I don't understand how you haven't experienced this. You must really baby the car.

The judgement comes because your information was wrong. Now your going to spout off about your technical knowledge of the ECU and insult peoples knowledge on the subject in an effort to divert the attention away from how very wrong you were.

A lot has changed around here I agree and its a much simpler forum than it used to be. More talk about carbon fiber bits and how much gas mileage the car gets than modification or racing. Hopefully those days return soon.

My point is that my info isn't necessarily wrong, it just didn't apply to this instance. Clearly, other people are experiencing symptoms related to what I have described. It is all in this thread.

I am not trying to spout off, I was only trying to describe certain attributes contained in automotive powertrain logic. I can't help it if some people get offended because they aren't sure what I am talking about.

I WISH that someone here that tunes these cars would chime in and discuss this further intelligently.....

Regarding whether I baby the car....I don't know. I don't floor it all the time if that's what you mean....Why? I like to get a bit loose in the corners from time to time but just hammering the throttle isn't really my thing.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
The sad thing is you really have no idea what I am talking about, all of which is completely irrelevant to selling a car. The mere fact that you even mention that is testament to your inability to have an intelligent conversation about something that is over your head.

That IS how the ECU works, no one knew what the guys problem was until he said that he left ESP on. So you are saying your strongest argument is your 20/20 hindsight? Psh. At least I am willing to go out on a limb and chance being wrong but give at least a potential explanation. I never said what I posted was DEFINITELY the reason. My response does apply to the car, and if putting it in manual mode defeats the Brake Torque Limiter then that is great. Or if Mercedes is able to defeat the limiter while MPH is zero, etc etc.

There are an infinite possible reasons but it really doesn't matter because what it comes down to is YOU don't know what I am talking about and it is easier for you to simply say, "Ha, he posted it was traction control (and it usually is the simplest explanation but until then anything is possible) so I was right!" And then post about me hitting my objective? What does that even have to do with anything? You seriously think customers want to talk about ECM logic when they are shopping for a GLK? Lol, customers who buy AMGs want to know even LESS than a GLK buyer! It's pure emotion.

Regardless, I've forgotten more about tuning and powertrain calibration than you will even (probably even care to) know. Do me a favor, stay on topic. It's sad to see you digress.

The only sad thing is that you can't admit when you're wrong....

There was no hindsight involved because if you look at the first page of this thread pretty much everyone was telling him to turn his ESP off

And i actually do know what you're talking about and know it to a point that i can relate it to the situation in question, and put it into the context of the vehicle which is the C63.

If you think your limited knowledge of traction control and ECM's is far above our understanding, then maybe you should spend a little more time in this forum read some previous posts and learning, rather than teaching misdirection

But that's ok...go sulk in the corner and plan your next page long response....it won't make you any less wrong
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig

If you think your limited knowledge of traction control and ECM's is far above our understanding, then maybe you should spend a little more time in this forum read some previous posts and learning, rather than teaching misdirection

Agree with this. I am no tuner and I don't pretend to know as much as the big sponsor tuners around here but I am getting ready to self tune my Z06. I've been digging into all sorts of stuff about this and there is much to learn but it could be fun.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Agree with this. I am no tuner and I don't pretend to know as much as the big sponsor tuners around here but I am getting ready to self tune my Z06. I've been digging into all sorts of stuff about this and there is much to learn but it could be fun.
that's exactly how I learned, self tuned my z06.

what system are you going to use? I really wish there was something like hptuners or efilive available for the Mercs.....paying 1000 bucks for a canned tune is for the birds!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 PM

2020 AMG GTR

The only sad thing is that you can't admit when you're wrong....

There was no hindsight involved because if you look at the first page of this thread pretty much everyone was telling him to turn his ESP off

And i actually do know what you're talking about and know it to a point that i can relate it to the situation in question, and put it into the context of the vehicle which is the C63.

But that's ok...go sulk in the corner and plan your next page long response....it won't make you any less wrong
whatever. done on this petty bs argument. not even going to read your post.

I actually I did see you tell me to go sulk. lol. really man? do you still keep that as an option for yourself when you don't get your way? I assume you must since you gave it to me as an option.... please tell me more about yourself!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

See Sig
that's exactly how I learned, self tuned my z06.

what system are you going to use? I really wish there was something like hptuners or efilive available for the Mercs.....paying 1000 bucks for a canned tune is for the birds!

Im using HP Tuners. Seems like the best way to go. You have a Z06 too? Nice. What year? Have you tracked it?
Old 02-13-2013, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'm sorry that i made some of you guys having a hard argument by openning this post..

Don't fight!! Please!!
Everybody was trying to help me!!
That's it!!
That makes me happy enough!!

You guys dont need to make me study my third language here..
Hehe~

Let's smile and wait for my result!! Yay!!

Good night, guys!!

Last edited by Dr. Q; 02-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by Dr. Q
I'm sorry that i made some of you guys having a hard argument by openning this post..

Don't fight!! Please!!
Everybody was trying to help me!!
That's it!!
That makes me happy enough!!

You guys dont need to let me study my third language here..
Hehe~

Let's smile and wait for my result!! Yay!!

Good night, guys!!
Good luck tomorrow....may the smoke be with you!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Good luck tomorrow....may the smoke be with you!
Tons of appreciation!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 PM

2020 AMG GTR
Im using HP Tuners. Seems like the best way to go. You have a Z06 too? Nice. What year? Have you tracked it?
I also use HPT. let me know if you have any questions, I will be happy to help if I can!

I used to track it quite a bit but I ended up making 850 hp and it wasn't fun anymore. I sold it and started racing shifter karts, which is a huge rush. very awesome time.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Do you even lift, bro?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by pointman
Do you even lift, bro?
? I dont get it.. What do u mean?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Higgs has a point. If you read the older posts, he mentions that maybe the more recent MY cars have a kind of a limiter to prevent burn outs. Is there an example of the 2013 stock doing burn outs, Callmiro?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Higgs has a point. If you read the older posts, he mentions that maybe the more recent MY cars have a kind of a limiter to prevent burn outs. Is there an example of the 2013 stock doing burn outs, Callmiro?
Like this?

Old 02-14-2013, 08:14 AM

2020 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by cyberorth
Even though these vids aren't of stock cars, it doesn't matter. No one here is open to discussion, just reposting vids that aren't verifiable.

I am at least open to the recommendation some are making to be in manual mode to do a burnout. I don't know if that means Sport mode won't do a burnout or they feel they don't want the car to shift in a burnout (when 1st gear isn't enough to get wheel speed up to usefully heat the tires)....So it's all just for show. No harm in that I guess.

That's why this forum is all about show. Carbon fiber bits, lol. No technical discussion whatsoever. It is what it is and honestly. How to vids on how to change your oil, what success.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Even though these vids aren't of stock cars, it doesn't matter. No one here is open to discussion, just reposting vids that aren't verifiable.

I am at least open to the recommendation some are making to be in manual mode to do a burnout. I don't know if that means Sport mode won't do a burnout or they feel they don't want the car to shift in a burnout (when 1st gear isn't enough to get wheel speed up to usefully heat the tires)....So it's all just for show. No harm in that I guess.

That's why this forum is all about show. Carbon fiber bits, lol. No technical discussion whatsoever. It is what it is and honestly. How to vids on how to change your oil, what success.
You're truly an idiot. Search the forum and you will find countless members who have owned both Pre and Facelift vehicles and there is no change in the ability to do a burnout. You supposedly work for Benz and can't even verify it yourself. You've never even done a burnout in your car? The video's are of stock cars with no tunes. Do you honestly think i would argue with you if i thought even for a moment that you were right.

You base your stance on assumption and I base my proof on fact. Move along.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM

2020 AMG GTR
[SIZE=3]You're truly an idiot. Search the forum and you will find countless members who have owned both Pre and Facelift vehicles and there is no change in the ability to do a burnout. You supposedly work for Benz and can't even verify it yourself. You've never even done a burnout in your car? The video's are of stock cars with no tunes. Do you honestly think i would argue with you if i thought even for a moment that you were right
Really? Do you really think that the weight of your words is heavier when you begin the way you do? Name calling? Come on, I am formerly asking you to raise the level of your discussion. Speaking out of anger isn't going to progress any conversation. I feel sorry for your wife and kids, if you're even married or have any.....

Again, I really don't know why you think I am trying to argue that what I am saying is the cause for any of the OPs issue. I am simply stating that the variables are a part of any ECU logic, you are saying that it doesn't apply to the OPs issue, which is fine. I understand what your point is. The rest of the discussion doesn't apply to you at all because you are ignorant to the details. You have yet to do anything but bring it back to the OP's burnout ability with ESP on. And I'm the idiot.

With regards to me "working for Benz," how does that apply to self verification? I guess if you worked around Mercedes you would be using inventory and customer cars to practice burnouts??? WTF? Are you 17?

And no, I have "never even done a burnout in my C63." Why would I? What practical point, besides fluctuating hormones and puberty would one really have to do a burnout on the street with a street car? You have been watching too much Fast and the Furious, I guess?

You are not adding anything to the discussion, only using this thread to vent the anger stemming from the frustration of your life. If you want to vent to me, that's fine, I am happy to listen if it helps you. Do it over PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C63 S
Really? Do you really think that the weight of your words is heavier when you begin the way you do? Name calling? Come on, I am formerly asking you to raise the level of your discussion. Speaking out of anger isn't going to progress any conversation. I feel sorry for your wife and kids, if you're even married or have any.....

Again, I really don't know why you think I am trying to argue that what I am saying is the cause for any of the OPs issue. I am simply stating that the variables are a part of any ECU logic, you are saying that it doesn't apply to the OPs issue, which is fine. I understand what your point is. The rest of the discussion doesn't apply to you at all because you are ignorant to the details. You have yet to do anything but bring it back to the OP's burnout ability with ESP on. And I'm the idiot.

With regards to me "working for Benz," how does that apply to self verification? I guess if you worked around Mercedes you would be using inventory and customer cars to practice burnouts??? WTF? Are you 17?

And no, I have "never even done a burnout in my C63." Why would I? What practical point, besides fluctuating hormones and puberty would one really have to do a burnout on the street with a street car? You have been watching too much Fast and the Furious, I guess?

You are not adding anything to the discussion, only using this thread to vent the anger stemming from the frustration of your life. If you want to vent to me, that's fine, I am happy to listen if it helps you. Do it over PM.

What i did add, was the solution to the problem. You don't need to do burnouts on customer cars, but you could learn how they work, since you work there. All that takes is a little investigation and time. but it seems your time is wasted with long-winded responses and empty justifications of your incorrect and off topic diagnosis.

Give it a rest...you're still wrong....just deal with
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 AM

2020 AMG GTR
What i did add, was the solution to the problem. You don't need to do burnouts on customer cars, but you could learn how they work, since you work there. All that takes is a little investigation and time. but it seems your time is wasted with long-winded responses and empty justifications of your incorrect and off topic diagnosis.

Give it a rest...you're still wrong....just deal with
Bro, let's both give it a rest. This is retarded. I completely disagree with your premise, you disagree with my provided information. There is nothing wrong with that. That's life. I've already said my info didn't apply to the OPs issue. Why do you keep coming back to that and stifling a potentially good thread by living in the past? No, don't answer that. We are giving it a rest. :-)
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 C-Class (sold)
I think your putting on to much brake. I have done a burn out in a c300 2008 and 2012 c250. good luck and have fun!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hmm? I can't burn out or my car can't?