C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Topic: This BMW X1 Driver thinks his car is faster than an M3 and others!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw x1
Originally Posted by dcho
12.1 is still impressive for any car, let alone an SAV. i think its just hard for people to welcome the idea of a suv/sav competing with a sports car without getting all defensive about it. i mean, ****. you have nissan patrols (though modified) destroying lambos, gtr's, and sand dunes in the middle east.
I agree. And the X1 doesn't weigh nearly as much as people think it does - it's lighter than a C63 AMG for example.

The E63 AMG and RS6 Avant are really the only other two cars I can think of that offer the practicality and performance (significantly moreso in the E63's case) that a modified X1 does. The Cayenne Turbo and X5M do, but they are much higher off the ground.

The downside to the X1 is that it doesn't look as good as those other cars and you technically lose warranty (though an average joe can easily undo the bolt-ons in about an hour), but the upside is that you save about $60k. For the cost savings, if something bad happens (unlikely) I could actually buy a replacement car. Literally on the way home from that 12.1 pass (which was with stock runflat tires on 19in wheels that weighed out at a combined 212lbs, by the way) I stopped by home depot and fit a 52 inch long fully assembled rolling toolbox in the back. That's pretty cool in my opinion. And based on my timeslip, I could still out-drag a M3 with it in the back

Last edited by paradoxical3; 12-03-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Where is it..? Cannot see that post.

Tevida

Last edited by EdwardHampton; 09-29-2018 at 06:36 AM.