Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kleenman supercharger kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Too much testosterone up in this ***** fuKka.

My dik is bigger than yours kinda crap... who cares. A car is quick it's quick.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:01 PM

SL63
I'm sure Weistec is fine and all, but Kleemann has been supercharging MB engines nearly two decades before Weistec was even a twinkle in someones eye. They made a good product from what I hear, but they don't have the history or experience working with MB engines like Kleemann does.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
360 Modena TT
Originally Posted by JumpinJim
I'm sure Weistec is fine and all, but Kleemann has been supercharging MB engines nearly two decades before Weistec was even a twinkle in someones eye. They made a good product from what I hear, but they don't have the history or experience working with MB engines like Kleemann does.
i think the point behind this whole thing is that even though Kleeman has been supercharging for 1000s of years , they haven't done anything with the M156 until now . until there is documented proof that they are superior to Weistec , the "twinkle in someone's eye" will remain better in this case
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
i think the point behind this whole thing is that even though Kleeman has been supercharging for 1000s of years , they haven't done anything with the M156 until now . until there is documented proof that they are superior to Weistec , the "twinkle in someone's eye" will remain better in this case
Kleemann's mission though has never been to push the envelope to the very edge. If you read their mission statment it's always been to increase performance while staying within safe limits to maintain reliability and longevity. Weistec in their brief go at supercharging the M156/159 has already had several reported engine failures. I don't think those owners eyes were twinkling.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Kleemann's mission though has never been to push the envelope to the very edge. If you read their mission statment it's always been to increase performance while staying within safe limits to maintain reliability and longevity. Weistec in their brief go at supercharging the M156/159 has already had several reported engine failures. I don't think those owners eyes were twinkling.
True but from what I recall it was during the R&D phase which gives them a free pass...
Old 03-13-2013, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by Kaiba
LOL , you probably also have the biggest ego on the planet

I can agree with you on the facts. But you also have to consider one thing :

What if your engine blows because of the supercharger ? Does Weistec give you any warranty ? Do they have the funds to refund you in case its their fault ?
I would rather trust a well known big company like Kleeman , than a "small" ( how many guys there ? ) company like Weistec ( I'm not talking about pure performance here ! )
Also they have many sellers in many countries. So direct customer service would be much easier with Kleemann. At least in EU for exemple.
If I install Weistec in my car , the thing blows , what can I do ? Go to US , ship the car to US , make a claim in us ? Wow...

Yes the numbers are for Weistec. But the peace of mind goes to Kleemann. Remember that they were producing S/C ( on other plateforms ) before you even bought your CLK lol. If they come up with something , you know that its going to be a long-life product.
Weistec is too new to give any warranties on long terms. No matter the HP they give ( yes your CBS is incredibly fast )

To be honest , I've sent many enquiries to Weistec. Never got any reply. I sent 1 request to Kleemann. Got an answer same day.

At the end of the day , we will have to wait for a direct fight between the two , considering every aspects ( HP , warranty , life span , quality etc... )
WRONG!

Here is Weistec's warranty

http://www.weistec.com/forms/weistecwarranty.pdf
Old 03-13-2013, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then tell me why it took them an extra 2 years to release an M156 forced induction option?
Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by jrcart
Then tell me why it took them an extra 2 years to release an M156 forced induction option?
I'm not Kleemann, I don't know. Why can't I even buy a set of high flow air filters for my R172 SLK55? It's been out 2 years.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
'16 C63-S
Can you please share with us some links the engines that failed because of a Weistec SC?

Thx
Old 03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by - Guilty -
Can you please share with us some links the engines that failed because of a Weistec SC?

Thx
He is full of crap, there are probably 150 Weistec blowers on the streets, in this day and age of internet forums and social media we would have all heard about it if there were problems with the Weistec systems. I beat the friggin snot out of my cars and I am pushing the limits of power and boost, if anyone was going to pop a motor it would be me or Earl and it has not happened yet so I am going to call on JumpinJim's claims.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ
so your telling me that Kleeman will offer warranty on your motor if it blows up with their supercharger installed i find that extremely hard to believe .

so let's say that after this "fight" , Weistec is the one making the superior product . are you still going to purchase the Kleeman kit because they are close to you ?
No sorry , wrong terms used.
They will warranty any parts of their kit. But I'm sure Weistec will do to.

What I'm trying to say is that Kleemann's goal have always been a "safe performance". They will not go all over the board with ultra big HP. When you buy Kleemann , you can rest assured when using your car.
I don't know about about Weistec. That's all I'm trying to say.

Getting so much HP of this engine looks too much to me without changing any other vital components. With their big name , Kleemann can't take the risk to just throw more and more HP without years/miles of testing. Did Weistec the same ?

Last edited by Kaiba; 03-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not Kleemann, I don't know. Why can't I even buy a set of high flow air filters for my R172 SLK55? It's been out 2 years.
Come on baller, pick up yur phone and call a filter company and have them custom made, pretty simple solution actually....I could point you in the right direction but you seem to have all the answers so I will let you figure it out on your own.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
He is full of crap, there are probably 150 Weistec blowers on the streets, in this day and age of internet forums and social media we would have all heard about it if there were problems with the Weistec systems. I beat the friggin snot out of my cars and I am pushing the limits of power and boost, if anyone was going to pop a motor it would be me or Earl and it has not happened yet so I am going to call on JumpinJim's claims.
I know. That's why I asked for links
Old 03-13-2013, 04:08 PM

AMG
We all know you are. But for example , my CBS is my daily. Is yours the same ?
Beating a car once a week can be ok. Beating it once a week and drive it all day at the same time ?
In 1 week I can probably stress the motor more than you do in a 2h event , so to speak.

But then again , everyone will agree that their performances are just amazing. When playing with my cars , I prefer to stay on the safe side even if less power ( thats why I went the N/A route instead of S/C )
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM

SL63
Originally Posted by - Guilty -
I know. That's why I asked for links
Here you go. There's references to several incidents once everyone started venting. Forum search is your friend.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-straight.html
Old 03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kaiba
No sorry , wrong terms used.
They will warranty any parts of their kit. But I'm sure Weistec will do to.

What I'm trying to say is that Kleemann's goal have always been a "safe performance". They will not go all over the board with ultra big HP. When you buy Kleemann , you can rest assured when using your car.
I don't about about Weistec. That's all I'm trying to say.

Getting so much HP of this engine looks too much to me without changing any other vital components. With their big name , Kleemann can't take the risk to just throw more and more HP without years/miles of testing. Did Weistec the same ?
Weistec is just as conservative, their systems can push out tons more HP than they advertise but they have them dialed back for reliability and everyday streetability. With my car and Earls car they have been experimenting with the limits of everything, motor, transmission, axles, driveshafts, etc. Earl and I are now well over the 1000 hp mark and neither one of us has broken anything in the motor, sure we eventually fried a stock transmission when we were trying to put about 750whp through it but once we found the limit they knew the limit and then they built the transmission even stronger. Now we are making 900whp with the Weistec built trans, who would have ever thought that would be possible two years ago? What type of transmission upgrades is Kleemann offering? Weistec has over two years of R & D history on my car alone and ontother two years on Earl's car and another year previous to that worth of R & D on their own original test mule before any of us ever heard the name Weistec, Can Kleemann say the same? Doubt it!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:15 PM

SL63
Shouldn't call a bluff when the forum and internet are easy to search.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Shouldn't call a bluff when the forum and internet are easy to search.
LOL, everyone knows that guy was running a non-Weistec tune on his car. That's why it popped! Show me proof of someone that popped a motor running a Weistec blower and Weistec FI tune
Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM

MB
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Wiestec has been in the market place longer ...
I read this as Weistec has been around longer than Kleeman and that can't be further from the truth. If you're referring to *just* the 6.2 AMGs Kleeman developed a bi-turbo 6.2 back in 2007. We could argue semantics that theirs is a supercharger whereas Kleemans is turbo but what fun is that, they're both forced induction setups.

http://www.mercedestuningmag.com/kle...l63k-bi-turbo/
Old 03-13-2013, 04:28 PM

SL63
LOL, everyone knows that guy was running a non-Weistec tune on his car. That's why it popped! Show me proof of someone that popped a motor running a Weistec blower and Weistec FI tune
Read the thread, there's other incidents even involving C63s. This shouldn't be news around here. Every tuner at some point is going to blow engines. It's the nature of the beast. If they say they never have they're lying or haven't been doing it long. Support after it happens is where a tuner is made or broken.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by msheredy
I read this as Weistec has been around longer than Kleeman and that can't be further from the truth. If you're referring to *just* the 6.2 AMGs Kleeman developed a bi-turbo 6.2 back in 2007. We could argue semantics that theirs is a supercharger whereas Kleemans is turbo but what fun is that, they're both forced induction setups.

You're kidding right? That thing didn't work and that is why Kleemann first partnered with Xtra Power and then a year later partnered with WEISTEC, yes i said Kleeman partnered with Wiestec, because Kleeman knew the importance of this market but they could not figure out the tuning.......now would somebody please go fact check that for me and post your findings.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C63 S

Yah....great example...and how many of those did they sell? Can everyone with a twin turbo 6.3 chime in please.....crickets

Last edited by callmiro; 03-13-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:33 PM

AMG
Read the thread, there's other incidents even involving C63s. This shouldn't be news around here. Every tuner at some point is going to blow engines. It's the nature of the beast. If they say they never have they're lying or haven't been doing it long. Support after it happens is where a tuner is made or broken.
+633333333333333333333333
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM

AMG

Sorry but this is a very bad example lol.
They only sold a handful of these lol , too much troubles.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Banned

'16 C63-S
JumpinJim is an idiot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kleenman supercharger kits