Sponsored by:

WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
WEISTEC: Setting the record straight

It is now public knowledge that I have a blown motor which was running on the Weistec blower. Weistec and I were engaged in discussions with a view to finding a solution suitable to both of us. Weistec have now withdrawn from the discussions on the basis of their groundless accusation that I have disseminated false information of and concerning them.

I propose to run three threads. This one, a thread reviewing the performance of the Weistec blower on my vehicle and a thread dealing with the engine failure.

The purpose of this thread is to dispel the insulting and baseless accusation repeatedly made by Weistec that I have disseminated false information concerning them.

Here's one of their patronising remarks:
Deleted: TOU violation.

The insinuation clearly is that, in a child-like way, I have spread false rumours concerning Weistec and if I'm a good boy and "fix this big mistake" they will help me. Otherwise, backing their product is not a priority.

Since the incident giving rise to my engine failure I have been in contact only with Exotic Metal55, Denroll, e55amgrocket and BI-Performance. I'm not friends with any of these guys. I don't know them at all except via communications on the forum. They've all been very helpful to me in one way or another in trying to get back on the road. All of my contact with them has been in writing. There is thus a record.

I was careful in all my communications to adopt a position very defensive of the Weistec product, as not knowing any of these guys, I did not wish for there to be any basis on which to spark speculative posts regarding a possible connection between the Weistec blower and my engine failure.

Here are the Weistec-related extracts from all of my communications with these guys:

"… I bit the bullet and bought the Weistec blower. It’s a really sophisticated piece of engineering. I don't know, however, what role, if any, the Weistec unit played in this catastrophe and don't want to go public on the forum until I've established the facts. I can tell you that their tune was conservative. We were battling though to get IATs under control but I was doing some logging shortly before disaster struck and it looked like we were on the right track …" (to Denroll)

"… I have the Weistec blower with their tune. Very conservative tune. Timing tops out at around 16 deg and AFRs around 10.5 - so don't think it was the tune. My car's a really low-miler (32,000) and impeccably maintained, so I'm stunned. Don't want to publish this on the forum and have a host of bafoons slinging accusations around concerning Weistec etc. I'd like first to establish the facts …" (to Exotic Metal55)

"… I have the Weistec blower fitted. Don't think that any issue with the blower caused this. I'm corresponding with Weistec in a bid to get to the bottom of this. I don't want to go public on the forum as doing so will induce of flurry of speculation about the cause which I'd rather avoid …" (to e55amgrocket)

"… The tune looked really conservative on the dyno. We did 2 runs and AFRs peaked at around 10.8 and timing at around 15. They were inertia runs though - not sure if that makes a difference.
I was doing some logging on the road shortly before this happened (Dasdaq via the OBD). On my last logged run, timing curiously peaked at 16.5 deg at 6,500 rpm with my IATs at 185 deg. Weistec tell me that it was unwise to run the car at high boost with 16.5 degree timing with such high IATs. I guess they're right. I do find it curious though that timing reached a higher peak on the road than on the dyno, esp at a time when my IATs were so high (when I would expect the ECU to pull timing)…"
(to e55amgrocket)

"… I was running the Weistec blower, yes. Long story but I'll tell you about it when we chat ..." (to Chawkins - as it happens, we ultimately never spoke as we determined via correspondence that the solution he had proposed would not be viable)

I think I've dredged up all of the relevant extracts. If I've left any out, then the forum members concerned are welcome to complete the publication.

I know there will be some temptation here to read these extracts in the context of the performance and the engine failure issues. Indulge me though and don’t do so. I will deal fully with those two issues in the separate threads.

I have repeatedly assured Weistec that I have in no way slandered them or their product - yet the insults and groundless accusations keep coming. This, fortunately, is all documented.

I have had no contact with any other forum member concerning my the engine failure. Any forum member who says differently is invited to speak out. I know that Hulk has been quite vocal about my issues. I don't know who he is or what the sources is of his information but I’m not it. I've repeatedly assured Weistec of this fact.

So Weistec, why don't you "as real men would do" tell me in what manner I have slandered you or your product ... or is this falsity your way of extricating yourself from an otherwise uncomfortable situation?

Last edited by ScottW911; 02-08-2013 at 12:40 PM. Reason: tou violation
Old 02-08-2013, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
I will say right now that I have never spoken to Ajm in any way whatsoever , the way I found out was because someone else had issues as well and some how that person knew somethings that happened to Ajm, I spoke out exactly why I said I did, these days people feel that they can't speak out for fear of getting slammed by others or even worse the vendor and then never get the support they need for the product, I knew that Weistec was saying that they wanted to work with him but that was just a way for them to string him along and that is not fair when someone has spent that kind of money.

Ajm I apologize for calling them out but my intentions were in the right place and as you can tell they were just stringing you along. Weistec shame on you, people pay good money for your products but you think you can put out a mediocre product with no support and think that some will just walk away without speaking their mind.

Ajm again I apologize , like I said I had good intentions , all I wanted was for them to take responsibility and work with you to get you back up and running.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 AM

2006 E55 AMG
No problem. Your actions in no way justify the groundless attack on my integrity and the barrage of unsubstantiated accusations leveled against me ... or perhaps that's how "real men" deal with issues. I stressed to Steve that he was jumping to conclusions (thinking I was somehow behind your posts). What's done is done. I need to move forward with this.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Nope nothing to do with you at all, actually let's be honest we have never spoken before EVER

this is just the typical games KIDS play , because they should have been on top of everything with you and others who have issues but it's hard to do that when a company has 0 integrity.

Like I said earlier if this situation coming to light helps others save their money and for those souls who bought their stuff, now they can get support from Weistec HOPEFULLY.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
For the record I'm not the whistle blower I was contacted for info on my build and letting him know options of different ways to try and rebuild either stock or a lot stronger to try and keep that from happening again. If someone ask me not to say anything that's what I do because its there right/choice to say something not someone else that only knows what he/she has heard or been told by a 3rd party to the situation. As far as the engine blowing who knows what happened honestly. Everyone has to remember when your putting a bigger blower on that feeds more air EVERYTHING is working harder. I've spent a lot of money testing rods and bolts and even sending pistons out to have them redesigned and make forged pistons off of. Modding isn't safe so there's always a risk and everyone knows that.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
I agree, but this has to do with customer service and support. How bad would be if all you heard was how amazing it is and so on and so forth but yet engines are blowing up. Weistec has shown 0 integrity, Ajm is not the only one with problems and Weistec blames everything else but not their tune or product.

As far as I know he's the only one with a blown motor at this time but the way some others are running its only a matter of time.

I plead for others having problems to come here and post if Weistec gives you the run around.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:25 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
For the record I'm not the whistle blower I was contacted for info on my build and letting him know options of different ways to try and rebuild either stock or a lot stronger to try and keep that from happening again. If someone ask me not to say anything that's what I do because its there right/choice to say something not someone else that only knows what he/she has heard or been told by a 3rd party to the situation. As far as the engine blowing who knows what happened honestly. Everyone has to remember when your putting a bigger blower on that feeds more air EVERYTHING is working harder. I've spent a lot of money testing rods and bolts and even sending pistons out to have them redesigned and make forged pistons off of. Modding isn't safe so there's always a risk and everyone knows that.
Steve, my intention here is not to identify which of the guys I was in contact with passed information on. It is simply to establish (as is obvious from all of the quoted communications) that, rather than slander Weistec, of which I stand accused, I have at all times tried to guard against this. Even when they alerted me to Hulk's posts on their thread, I immediately posted the following:

"Gents,the vehicle in question is mine. We have had issues this side but I am currently working closely with Weistec with a view to resolving them. I will, in due course, publish a full review. In the meantime I'd be grateful if you would all resist the temptation to speculate."

I also assured Weistec that I had nothing to do with the info being posted. They maintained, though, without one shred of evidence (as there simply is none) that I was behind this. On that trumped up basis they then extricated themselves from the negotiations.

I'll deal with the engine failure in another thread. I would prefer not to conflate the issues.

Last edited by ajm55; 02-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Dammm that blows
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by berti_00
Dammm that blows
Hey, that's not nice.. lol.

I'll take the time tonight to read this, if it's not erased by then.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ajm, and to everyone else , weistec used me posting about their bad product and support to walk away from Ajm and leave him alone, that was their whole intention the whole time but because they saw that as an escape clause they used it, like the spineless people that they are.

Everyone here knows what type of people they are and they would dumb to give these guys any money for anything, caveat emperor

Last edited by Hulk; 02-08-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by ajm55
Steve, my intention here is not to identify which of the guys I was in contact with passed information on. It is simply to establish (as is obvious from all of the quoted communications) that, rather than slander Weistec, of which I stand accused, I have at all times tried to guard against this. Even when they alerted me to Hulk's posts on their thread, I immediately posted the following:

"Gents,the vehicle in question is mine. We have had issues this side but I am currently working closely with Weistec with a view to resolving them. I will, in due course, publish a full review. In the meantime I'd be grateful if you would all resist the temptation to speculate."

I also assured Weistec that I had nothing to do with the info being posted. They maintained, though, without one shred of evidence (as there simply is none) that I was behind this. On that trumped up basis they then extricated themselves from the negotiations.

I'll deal with the engine failure in another thread. I would prefer not to conflate the issues.
I was just making that clear to everyone and like i stated before when i talked to you i'll help you as much as i can depending on what direction you decide to go for a new engine.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dirt Scooters
Originally Posted by ajm55

I was just making that clear to everyone and like i stated before when i talked to you i'll help you as much as i can depending on what direction you decide to go for a new engine.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Dammm that blows
My performance review thread will have loads of newsworthy material. Just need to find some time to collate the info.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
Old 02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
man i hope you get all this sorted out because its def not a happy situation here... if worse comes to worse your gona have to fish out 5k for a new engine and start over, maybe wisetec will be nice enough and chip in something to help you get back on the road... i know you spend a sh!IT ton of money on the kit it self and stuff...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
I know ill be staying away from weistec. Best of luck on getting your issues resolved.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
heres the crazy thing also...

185* iats which in reality because it was probably logging via obd2, were in actuality 195* and timing was still 16*??

what kind of timing are weistec using before the car went boom
Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM

2006 E55 AMG
man i hope you get all this sorted out because its def not a happy situation here... if worse comes to worse your gona have to fish out 5k for a new engine and start over, maybe wisetec will be nice enough and chip in something to help you get back on the road... i know you spend a sh!IT ton of money on the kit it self and stuff...
Thanks Berti but Weistec ain't coming to this party.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by forcefed4door
I know ill be staying away from weistec. Best of luck on getting your issues resolved.
Thank you sir
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Ajm, i feel for you bro, but they were never going to help you, they did the same thing to another guy on the C63 motor I think as well and backed out the same way because someone spoke out
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sl55 2003
What kind of power was this car making during all this?
I just had work done to my car and dreaded something like this happening, that totally sucks when you spend all this money to enjoy it more then you are set back with issues, especially large ones like this. Good luck mna.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 SL65, '13 FX4 Eco
Hulk I think you just need to stop talking. You've done plenty to "help" the situation here.

I'm not going to point fingers but I'm pretty sure I know who you heard it from. You should have kept your mouth shut in the first place. You love bashing everything that isn't OE and your kidding yourself if you deny it. Clearly you believe you bought the best product out there which I don't blame you for but that doesn't mean you have to go after everyone else. You complain about this forum yet I find myself rolling my eyes at almost every one of your posts.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 gone, 06 CLS55, 16 Tesla X
Damn... Sound like weitec is way to gone too soon.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hulk
Ajm, i feel for you bro, but they were never going to help you, they did the same thing to another guy on the C63 motor I think as well and backed out the same way because someone spoke out
Hulk, I should be angry with you for triggering this while in pursuit of your own agenda. Truth be told though, I never felt I was making any real progress in my discussions with Weistec

Originally Posted by santon
What kind of power was this car making during all this?
I just had work done to my car and dreaded something like this happening, that totally sucks when you spend all this money to enjoy it more then you are set back with issues, especially large ones like this. Good luck mna.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'll deal with the performance issue in another thread. I'd rather not divert the course of this one.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Hulk
I agree, but this has to do with customer service and support. How bad would be if all you heard was how amazing it is and so on and so forth but yet engines are blowing up. Weistec has shown 0 integrity, Ajm is not the only one with problems and Weistec blames everything else but not their tune or product.

As far as I know he's the only one with a blown motor at this time but the way some others are running its only a matter of time.

I plead for others having problems to come here and post if Weistec gives you the run around.
Ironic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WEISTEC: Setting the record straight