C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New owner of a C63 Edition 1! Need help with someone that can wash it correctly.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 Model X DM | 2007 E63 | 2006 E46 M3
New owner of a C63 Edition 1! Need help with someone that can wash it correctly.

So I finally found an Edition 1 and unfortunately I found it at CarMax which was the worst car buying experience I've ever had.

I need help finding someone that knows how to care for this factory matte black paint. If you guys know any shops in the bay area or anyone that can do this at their place or mine. Please let me know!

CARMAX EXPERIENCE
So I paid $649 to transfer the vehicle from arizona to modesto. The vehicle was originally for sale at costa mesa but there was a potential buyer that shipped to to AZ but did not have enough funds for it.

It took them 7 days to ship it over to Modesto which wasn't bad. But once it had arrived, I was told there was no scratches whatsoever on the car so I already expected it to be in perfect condition. Lo and behold, scratches on the front bumper. On the left and right to be exact and it was textured. Even the wheel had a scratch. I demanded a price reduction but they wouldn't budge. After 30 minutes of back and forth, I showed them the email where the salesperson from AZ stated it was in perfect condition. So finally they took off the $649 transfer fee which was nothing compared to what I have to pay to repaint the bumper.
I went off to the bank to get a cashier's check and once I got back, I saw a couple sit inside the car while a salesperson was helping them in. A transfer vehicle is considered a sale pending vehicle under CarMax's strict policy. So I told Jay (carmax salesperson) that it was a transfer vehicle and its pretty much sold. He gives me this guilty look on his face and mumbles something to me while the customer starts revving the engine.

Overall an unprofessional workplace with no customer value.

Last edited by jchen6; 03-18-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
There's a whole detailing and cleaning section of the forum. Check it out.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 M3
soap and water
Old 03-18-2013, 04:21 PM

http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2011/...te-car-detail/
Found the link. Oh boy, what did I get myself into? Lol.

This car pulls so hard! I'm averaging 14 mpg. Not as bad as I thought.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
There's a forum member by the name of farhadahmad in the Bay Area who also has an Edition 1. I think he lives in the East Bay but works on the Peninsula.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
No AMG deserves to go through Carmax! Poor car.

As for the detailing, it's actually pretty easy. I was paranoid when I bought it, but it's been fine after about a year of ownership. The only thing is that you don't want to wax it and they say don't take it through commercial car washes. I normally have mine detailed by a local guy who knows how to detail matte finishes. He uses a product from SwissWax, or SwissVax or something to that extent. I also purchased the products from Dr. Beasley's and they are easy to use. I've also taken it to a commercial place to have it hand washed and that was fine too.

I guarantee Carmax probably washed it in a less than desirable manner, but too late for that now.

Just carry around the little spray bottle from Dr. Beasley's in the trunk and make sure you spray off any bug residue pretty quickly.

Have fun!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Shellbmb

As for the detailing, it's actually pretty easy. I was paranoid when I bought it, but it's been fine after about a year of ownership. The only thing is that you don't want to wax it and they say don't take it through commercial car washes. I normally have mine detailed by a local guy who knows how to detail matte finishes. He uses a product from SwissWax, or SwissVax or something to that extent. I also purchased the products from Dr. Beasley's and they are easy to use. I've also taken it to a commercial place to have it hand washed and that was fine too.

I guarantee Carmax probably washed it in a less than desirable manner, but too late for that now.

Just carry around the little spray bottle from Dr. Beasley's in the trunk and make sure you spray off any bug residue pretty quickly.

Have fun!
Seriously, especially and Edition 1.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Shellbmb

Have fun!

I specifically told them not to wash the car and not even vacuum the car. When it arrived Modesto, it was dirty and thats what I was hoping for. These guys at carmax have no knowledge and care for these AMGs whatsoever.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Black Series, Magno Alanite Grey
I only use Dr Beasleys on my Magno Grey Matte finish, It is really good stuff. The other brands do not match up.

-Faraz
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
You could also get it clear, matte wrapped to keep the look but add a protective layer.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
You could also get it clear, matte wrapped to keep the look but add a protective layer.
Ive been thinking about this every since I got the car. Theres a scratch on the front though.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Is it small enough to polish out?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
you lucky i get 13

Originally Posted by jchen6
http://www.drbeasleys.com/blog/2011/...te-car-detail/
Found the link. Oh boy, what did I get myself into? Lol.

This car pulls so hard! I'm averaging 14 mpg. Not as bad as I thought.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:34 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
e63s edition 1
you cant polish mat
polishing it makes it shiny

Originally Posted by CoolBDPhenom03
Is it small enough to polish out?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vivid Racing '09 C63 AMG
Didn't think so. You could do a color matched wrap that would cover it instead of clear, I guess.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Fiat Abarth
some DI"k tapped my car from the front and another from the back during the year and a half that i've owned mine, and to paint both, mercedes quoted me 1500 (special paint, and bumpers have to be taken off to avoid overspray) so i decided to wait on that ..
as far as cleaning it, the easiest way is touchless car wash, that machine that revolves around the car. Time after time, if you use regular soap which is meant to make your car shiny, it will make the paint shiny, i can already tell mine is VERY different than the day i got it. But if you use the specified soap which isn't meant to give a shiny look, and a very soft spong or washing mit, should be like any other car
get that DR.beasley matter detailer spray, and wipe the car with it after the wash, gives a beaauutiful look when the sun is shining on the car, as if the paint was made of sand, hard to explain ..
Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 C63 edition 1
I have had my Edition 1 for a year now I use Dr Bs and it is GREAT!