C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!!!Paid 5xxx for ADV1 Rims and WHAT I GOT IS THIS!! (LOADS OF PIC)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
As do I, as do I. Let's see what happens.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by RS5
Looking forwards towards their response, cuz I just checked the invoice, and it clearly said 2013 C63 Coupe with standard brakes.....
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Originally Posted by RS5
I believe what you said is totally right, since this is a new configuration, they might not have figured what to really do with it, but the offset is simple, just around ET 50-55 at the rear, how hard is that for an expertise business like ADV1....how long it took you to get urs fixed!
I never got mine fixed, since they could not pin point the problem (my case was different, it wasnt a fitment problem but rather a vibration problem. 1 wheel also leaked on me the the second day I put them on) I asked for a replacement 1 piece wheel (since I didnt want to deal with 3 piece wheels anymore). After a couple weeks they manage to put in a new wheel order for me for my current monoblock set up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...dv1-story.html

heres my thread if you are interested. it took a while to get it all sorted out, but my issue happened over Sema so i was patient in dealing with them (since I wasnt in a hurry to get my wheels in winter anyways). Hopefully they will be a little quicker in dealing with yours.

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I urge everyone not to be so quick to judge on whose fault it is. Let's give ADV1 at least one business day to figure this out before we crucify them.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
I agree. I gave them time I work everything out and in the end they did for me.

I was just speculating as to what happened. I know how it feels to have your brand new expensive wheels break on you when you put it on haha

Last edited by natman316; 03-26-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2009 ISF , 2002 L-Tuned IS300, 2011 ML350
Sorry to hear ur misfortune Rich!! I hope they take good care of u especially u are a return customer.

I feel ur frustration though cuz I would feel the same after spending this much money on wheels.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jrcart
Did they possibly build them to Black Series offset?
I don't think the front are from the BS offset.. They look too sunk in (high offset) than the BS front wheels.

OP wheels looks to be 19x9 +50mm.. Plus his 5mm spacers to make them +45mm to clear the calipers.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:11 AM

2008 M3
People r so funny... Its the people who never had the wheels that criticize them and still talk about the 360 era lol.
OP, believe me, contact them. This is clearly a mistake. Somewhere along the way someone messed up cause those wheels are not made for your car. Trust me OP, u have every right to be pissed after spending that much money on wheels and waiting that long. But theyll do right by u. Have someone clear up the issue. Good luck.

PS: ADV has the c63 offsets down to a science, which is why i say someone effed up.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 AM
RS5

RS5, Panamera 4S, 997 Turbo
Originally Posted by natman316
I never got mine fixed, since they could not pin point the problem (my case was different, it wasnt a fitment problem but rather a vibration problem. 1 wheel also leaked on me the the second day I put them on) I asked for a replacement 1 piece wheel (since I didnt want to deal with 3 piece wheels anymore). After a couple weeks they manage to put in a new wheel order for me for my current monoblock set up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...dv1-story.html

heres my thread if you are interested. it took a while to get it all sorted out, but my issue happened over Sema so i was patient in dealing with them (since I wasnt in a hurry to get my wheels in winter anyways). Hopefully they will be a little quicker in dealing with yours.

I agree. I gave them time I work everything out and in the end they did for me.

I was just speculating as to what happened. I know how it feels to have your brand new expensive wheels break on you when you put it on haha
I have actually read your thread before the day I was gonna put them on, but I thought adv might have learnt some lessons from it, however my case is just even worse....Thanks for the advises and all the stuff, hopefully they could get sth to me asap within april or wtever....
Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by Roswell
I don't think the front are from the BS offset.. They look too sunk in (high offset) than the BS front wheels.

OP wheels looks to be 19x9 +50mm.. Plus his 5mm spacers to make them +45mm to clear the calipers.
Yup, that is exactly correct, I need to take more pictures of the wheels and the clearance between the brake n wheels.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 AM

2008 M3
They will buddy, or i should say they should. Doesnt matter whose fault it is, ur next set should come before any other order. Ive been in this wheel game for quite some time now and to cut a brand new wheel from scratch should take no more than a week, and then finishing and shipping. Letting the seal cure for a few days is crucial. So that takes up some time. But no more than 2 weeks u could or should have a new set of wheels made for ur car.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by M Thrizzle
They will buddy, or i should say they should. Doesnt matter whose fault it is, ur next set should come before any other order. Ive been in this wheel game for quite some time now and to cut a brand new wheel from scratch should take no more than a week, and then finishing and shipping. Letting the seal cure for a few days is crucial. So that takes up some time. But no more than 2 weeks u could or should have a new set of wheels made for ur car.
Thanks for the professional knowledge, then I will know how long they should get me another set.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Maybe they were distracted when they were making your wheels:

Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by Pertplus

ADV.1 Harlem Shake - YouTube
LMAO, this make my day man!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
'08 C63 Estate
That sucks bigtime Rich.
I hope they figure this out quickly. Nevertheless it's still a bitter surprise and will probably be a long wait...

I don't want to judge anyone but why is it that we never hear of HRE messing up?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by olszowa12
That sucks bigtime Rich.
I hope they figure this out quickly. Nevertheless it's still a bitter surprise and will probably be a long wait...

I don't want to judge anyone but why is it that we never hear of HRE messing up?
Yup, I totally agree with what you said, I think maybe I should try sth different if adv cant sort it out with 1 or 2 weeks maximum....
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 AM

2012 C63 AMG BS, 2010 DUCATI 1198S
1. Because anyone who says anything bad about HRE usually goes missing and ends up with their photo on the back of a milk carton

2. Or maybe because HRE makes a quality product, and stands behind their products with excellent customer service
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by NellyRod
1. Because anyone who says anything bad about HRE usually goes missing and ends up with their photo on the back of a milk carton

2. Or maybe because HRE makes a quality product, and stands behind their products with excellent customer service

Well said..
Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
oh man where are the pictures???

I really don't like ADV.1...........and their wheels are ugly too
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I totally agreed that they should cut your wheels right away, before any other orders. My HRE only took 2 weeks in the production lines... 4 weeks total from the day of my payment to my door (including the shipping time to FL for tire mounting). No excuses for them to take several months.

Originally Posted by Pertplus
LOL, funny video Pert!! With all the messed up orders lately, I start to wonder what they are doing in their warehouse.

That sucks bigtime Rich.

From reading natman story, I'm afraid it will be a long wait as well. natman was cool about it cuz winter was around the corner... I'm sure Rich wants his wheels now cuz it's springtime... not in the fall. LOL

Originally Posted by NellyRod

I agree Nelly, every companies makes mistakes... but it's all about the after sales customer service that makes them shine. HRE are one of those company that will most likely take care of you before the worms spread out of the cans. Just from my opinion.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Black Series
Where are the pictures?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
People r so funny... Its the people who never had the wheels that criticize them and still talk about the 360 era lol.
OP, believe me, contact them. This is clearly a mistake. Somewhere along the way someone messed up cause those wheels are not made for your car. Trust me OP, u have every right to be pissed after spending that much money on wheels and waiting that long. But theyll do right by u. Have someone clear up the issue. Good luck.

PS: ADV has the c63 offsets down to a science, which is why i say someone effed up.
Tell that to one of my best friends that 360 still never delivered on and took thousands of dollars in up front deposit money from. He is not the only one, there are guys on the Vette forums and BMW forums that got duped as well. unethical business practices and unethical business people do not change just because the sign over the door changes.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 S63 AMG S and 2018 GLS450
So what's the conclusion so far?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 C63 2015 C300 sport
Hey also just another idea not that it helps with fitting or anything but adv has their order number on the back plate of the wheel. You can check it with your invoice to see if this was the wheel made for you. (In case like mthrizzle said they may have just set the wrong one)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by natman316
Hey also just another idea not that it helps with fitting or anything but adv has their order number on the back plate of the wheel. You can check it with your invoice to see if this was the wheel made for you. (In case like mthrizzle said they may have just set the wrong one)
Thanks for the info man, gonna check them right after!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
RS5

You understand me well Ming, I got some updates from my wheel dealer:
My dealer double check the invoice plus the email between ADV1 and him, theres no mistake, it indicates clearly that it said
19in ADV15 TF (Application: 2013 Mercedes C63 Coupe)
- Brushed gunmetal centers
- Single Tint Brushed Gunmetal Lips
Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 AM
RS5

Originally Posted by jrcart
Tell that to one of my best friends that 360 still never delivered on and took thousands of dollars in up front deposit money from. He is not the only one, there are guys on the Vette forums and BMW forums that got duped as well. unethical business practices and unethical business people do not change just because the sign over the door changes.
I read those as well...to conclude, I really learn a lot...they dun even have TUV certification for their wheels..lol
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear about this man. It's too bad that they suck, because they do have some really nice looking rims. But like everyone here has said, its about the customer service and how they deal with a bad situation - I hope they step up and make it better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTF!!!Paid 5xxx for ADV1 Rims and WHAT I GOT IS THIS!! (LOADS OF PIC)